PDA

View Full Version : NYPD Sergeant Says 'Guilty Until Proven Innocent' Is The Price We Pay For A 'Free Society

DamianTV
05-11-2013, 08:48 PM
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130506/17164522967/nypd-sergeant-says-guilty-until-proven-innocent-is-just-price-we-pay-free-society.shtml

We dont need no stinking courts, bring back the Witch Hunts!

economics102
05-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Disgusting. And why is it the police never have to prove their innocence?

I have a proposition: any time police use violence against a suspect, they must prove it was reasonable and justified. If they are unable to do, they are by default presumed guilty of assault.

wizardwatson
05-11-2013, 10:15 PM
I have an idea. I agree with idea that we should have to prove periodically that we are not terrorists. Like doing your yearly taxes.

Conservatives like school voucher idea. Lets do same for war on terror. If I get approved as non terrorist I can opt to waive protection from terrorists by government and they just send me check.

Grubb556
05-12-2013, 09:06 AM
I have a proposition: any time police use violence against a suspect, they must prove it was reasonable and justified. If they are unable to do, they are by default presumed guilty of assault.

Isn't that the "theoretical" difference between police and military ? Police who use violence are "supposed" to file a report that justifies their use of violence, while the military don't.

Anti Federalist
05-12-2013, 10:18 AM
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV