PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove prowling North Carolina

Warlord
05-11-2013, 04:13 PM
He's probably going to be looking for a Senate candidate he thinks is acceptable!

-
There’s fear on the left that the outside cash and gerrymandered districts means the bad news isn’t over. Sen. Kay Hagan, won on the coattails of Obama’s 2008 win but is considered vulnerable next year. Rep. Mike McIntyre, who was re-elected by fewer than 600 votes last year, is also a top Republican target.

The Republican establishment has taken notice. [Gov.] McCrory gave the Republican weekly radio address last Saturday and Karl Rove is scheduled to speak at the state GOP convention next month in Charlotte. (A Rove spokesman declined to elaborate on the speech.)

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/koch-brothers-republicans-north-carolina-91200.html#ixzz2T1bDM1J5

supermario21
05-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Let's get Brannon introduced to Mr. Rove. He will surely impress him.

Warlord
05-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Let's get Brannon introduced to Mr. Rove. He will surely impress him.

No he won't. Rove hates the constitution and liberty.

Adrock
05-11-2013, 05:07 PM
The establishment wants to win. If Brannon can get his name recognition up, fundraise, and not say anything stupid they will most likely back him. Same thing happened with Rand.

Mr.NoSmile
05-11-2013, 05:23 PM
http://pundithouse.com/2013/04/joyce-krawiec-announces-run-for-nc-gop-vice-chair/

Joyce Krawiec, Grassroots Activism Chair of the NC Federation of Republican Women, announced today that she will seek the position of Vice Chair of the North Carolina Republican Party....In addition to her current position with the NC Federation of Republican Women, she has also served as the Legislative Chair, New Membership director and Regional Vice President of the organization. Krawiec has also served on committees of the National Federation of Republican Women.

Also the FreedomWorks North Carolina Grass Roots Coordinator. Anyone know her chances against Bradley? Or whether she has the backing? The article says she'll be at the state convention.

devil21
05-12-2013, 03:19 PM
http://pundithouse.com/2013/04/joyce-krawiec-announces-run-for-nc-gop-vice-chair/

Also the FreedomWorks North Carolina Grass Roots Coordinator. Anyone know her chances against Bradley? Or whether she has the backing? The article says she'll be at the state convention.

According to Glen's post she's getting a bunch of establishment money and was recruited to run once his momentum picked up. Glen will definitely need some grassroots support to kick it up a notch at the convention.

Also scheduled to appear at the NC convention is Scott Brown.

Warlord
05-12-2013, 04:20 PM
I knew Karl Rove is up to something

He's in NC to battle the liberty forces certainly not to embrace them.

Smart3
05-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Where's Dick Cheney when you need him?

Krzysztof Lesiak
05-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Fuck Rove. We can't have anything to do with him.

devil21
05-13-2013, 02:16 AM
I forgot. The Duggars will grace us with their presence in the Tarheel State too. Yay?

mz10
05-13-2013, 08:26 PM
The establishment wants to win. If Brannon can get his name recognition up, fundraise, and not say anything stupid they will most likely back him. Same thing happened with Rand.

From what I've seen, Brannon is no Rand Paul. Rand was terrific at taking his message and delivering it in a rousing, populist manner. Brannon sounds like he's lecturing a Constitutional law class.

Again, just my initial impression from watching a few of his speeches. Hopefully he will get better.

Adrock
05-13-2013, 08:56 PM
From what I've seen, Brannon is no Rand Paul. Rand was terrific at taking his message and delivering it in a rousing, populist manner. Brannon sounds like he's lecturing a Constitutional law class.

Again, just my initial impression from watching a few of his speeches. Hopefully he will get better.

From what I have seen, I would have to agree. Rand had some good experience stumping for his dad, I can only hope Brannon gets better quickly with time.

He has some good pieces of the puzzle, but I am not sure if he has enough to take down an incumbent.
That is the other thing Rand had going for him.