PDA

View Full Version : US to have NINE permanent military bases in Afghanistan

Warlord
05-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Afghan President Hamid Karzai Thursday revealed that Washington wants to maintain nine US military bases scattered across the country after the formal deadline for the withdrawal of US and NATO coalition forces at the end of 2014.

In a speech delivered at Kabul University, Karzai stressed that he was amenable to the US demand, indicating that he was willing to trade the bases for promises of a continued flow of economic aid from the West and security for his puppet government. Another likely condition is US support for the election of his handpicked successor in an election set for next year.

“If these conditions are met, we are ready to sign the contract with the United States,” he said. As to the continued presence of foreign troops on Afghan soil after more than a dozen years of war and occupation, Karzai stated, “We see their staying in Afghanistan beyond 2014 in the interests of Afghanistan as well as NATO.”

The statements represented an abrupt rhetorical shift by the US-backed president. In recent months, Karzai has accused Washington of colluding with the Taliban to increase violence and create a pretext for a continued US military presence. He has repeatedly demanded an end to US aerial bombardments and to night raids by US Special Forces, which have claimed civilian lives and increased hatred for both the foreign occupation and Karzai’s corrupt puppet government in Kabul.

In February, Karzai barred US special operations troops from operating in the entire province of Maidan Wardak, southwest of Kabul. These and other statements and gestures have been aimed at deflecting popular hostility and posturing as a nationalist leader, rather than Washington’s stooge.

Karzai’s casting himself now as a pragmatic deal maker, however, was by no means welcomed by the Obama administration, which appeared blindsided by the Afghan president’s remarks.

US officials refused to confirm the request for nine bases, which Afghan aides to Karzai said was contained in the latest American draft proposal submitted last month.

White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters in Washington, “The United States does not seek permanent military bases in Afghanistan, and any US presence after 2014 would only be at the invitation of the Afghanistan government and aimed at training the country’s forces and targeting the remnants of Al Qaeda.”

Carney stressed that Washington was negotiating a bilateral security agreement that “will address access to and use of Afghanistan facilities by US forces.” He reiterated three times in the course of his remarks the denial that the US was seeking any “permanent bases.”

The reality is that Washington is negotiating with its Afghan puppet regime the unrestricted use of bases that it will formally lease from Kabul for at least the next decade.

According to the Karzai regime, the bases sought include Kabul, Bagram, Mazar, Jalalabad, Gardez, Kandahar, Helmand, Shindand and Herat, placing US forces in virtually every corner of the country.

More:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/karzai-reveals-us-plan-for-permanent-afghanistan-bases/5334680

WhistlinDave
05-11-2013, 01:39 PM
This is utter bullshit.

I don't even understand why this is necessary. What happened to the millions of dollars in aid the US spent back in the 1980s to train and equip those "Freedom Fighters" who so bravely fought back and defeated the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? Where are those Freedom Fighters today? Can't we just depend on them to keep things safe in the region? :rolleyes:

phill4paul
05-11-2013, 01:41 PM
We're finally pulling out! Not a good method against impregnation.

Warlord
05-11-2013, 01:46 PM
You didn't believe that nonsense did you?

WhistlinDave
05-11-2013, 01:51 PM
I was being sarcastic... (Except the part about these Afghanistan bases being bullshit, that part was serious.)

The "Freedom Fighters" were Osama Bin Laden and what ended up being Al Queda, of course....

tangent4ronpaul
05-11-2013, 01:51 PM
This is utter bullshit.

I don't even understand why this is necessary. What happened to the millions of dollars in aid the US spent back in the 1980s to train and equip those "Freedom Fighters" who so bravely fought back and defeated the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? Where are those Freedom Fighters today? Can't we just depend on them to keep things safe in the region? :rolleyes:

OH! - You mean Al Qaeda & the Talliban?

-t

jkob
05-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Obama have nine permanent military bases while at the same time saying he 'ended' the war in Afghanistan and I bet his drones will believe him.

liberalnurse
05-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Karzai stressed that he was amenable to the US demand, indicating that he was willing to trade the bases for promises of a continued flow of economic aid Umm, in addition to begging for the continuance of the $300,000 the CIA gives him in cash monthly. All the while we have to listen to "sequester" bs. Like no funding for the control tower at our little regional airport. One monthly payment to Karzai would keep it open for a year.

Warlord
05-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Umm, in addition to begging for the continuance of the $300,000 the CIA gives him in cash monthly. All the while we have to listen to "sequester" bs. Like no funding for the control tower at our little regional airport. One monthly payment to Karzai would keep it open for a year.

$300k/month? it's a lot more than that !

pcosmar
05-11-2013, 04:50 PM
You didn't believe that nonsense did you?

Some did.
Me,,not so much..

nine permanent targets,, in Afghanistan.

Tinnuhana
05-11-2013, 05:14 PM
The reality is that Washington is negotiating with its Afghan puppet regime the unrestricted use of bases that it will formally lease from Kabul for at least the next decade.
According to the Karzai regime, the bases sought include Kabul, Bagram, Mazar, Jalalabad, Gardez, Kandahar, Helmand, Shindand and Herat, placing US forces in virtually every corner of the country.

...Kinser, Foster, Lester, Futenma, McTureous, Kadena, Torii, Courtney, Hansen, White Beach,...
(Try the next 68 years or so.)

Warlord
05-11-2013, 05:46 PM
...Kinser, Foster, Lester, Futenma, McTureous, Kadena, Torii, Courtney, Hansen, White Beach,...
(Try the next 68 years or so.)

The reason why they want to be in every corner of the country is for the poppy fields and the border crossings.

The damn CIA want to control everything!

Natural Citizen
05-11-2013, 05:56 PM
The reason why they want to be in every corner of the country is for the poppy fields and the border crossings.

The damn CIA want to control everything!

They are establishing an economic occupation for after the military occupation has ended.

RDM
05-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Of course they will maintain 9 bases. The ultimate goal has not been achieved yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xcqkNlG3ik

jclay2
05-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Got to love all the liberal morons who still believe Obama is god incarnate. You can throw facts like this in their face all day, and their only response is that well he isn't bush and at least he is trying.

Warlord
05-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Got to love all the liberal morons who still believe Obama is god incarnate. You can throw facts like this in their face all day, and their only response is that well he isn't bush and at least he is trying.

Obama's government is full of suspected war criminals:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?413893-Pakistani-Court-Rules-CIA-Drone-Strikes-Constitute-a-War-Crime

And as Commander in Chief of a paramilitary unit murdering civilians in Pakistan he is considered one himself.

Also AFRICOM and the UN sit idly by while genocidal killers and half-starved crazed militias fight to control Africa's resources:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?413885-Congo-s-Tin-Soldiers

Shame on them and on us.

pcosmar
05-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Seems to me,, (as an observer at a distance) that the folks in the neighborhood should be removing the puppet,, and making a clear example of him while they are at it.

but that's just me.

Warlord
05-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Seems to me,, (as an observer at a distance) that the folks in the neighborhood should be removing the puppet,, and making a clear example of him while they are at it.

but that's just me.

The puppet is defended 24/7 by SEALs so how do you propose we deal with him?

pcosmar
05-11-2013, 08:21 PM
The puppet is defended 24/7 by SEALs so how do you propose we deal with him?

I made no actual proposal.. simply an observation..

But there are some dedicated patriots there,, I have been impressed with their tenacity and ingenuity.
no doubt the security detail would be an obstacle to overcome.

I would not presume to give advice on how best to do that,, I am sure there are folks there closer to the problem.

Warlord
05-11-2013, 08:35 PM
I made no actual proposal.. simply an observation..

But there are some dedicated patriots there,, I have been impressed with their tenacity and ingenuity.
no doubt the security detail would be an obstacle to overcome.

I would not presume to give advice on how best to do that,, I am sure there are folks there closer to the problem.

Thanks that means a lot...

We're waiting for Cody Wilson's gun and a machine to make it!

DamianTV
05-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Why are we so hated again? I forget...

RDM
05-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Why are we so hated again? I forget...

Because we have McDonald's. Oh wait...doesn't China have them too?