PDA

View Full Version : Biometric Database of All Adult Americans Hidden in Immigration Reform

Lucille
05-11-2013, 12:02 PM
What a bunch of Nazi creeps and control freaks running this country (into the ground).

Biometric Database of All Adult Americans Hidden in Immigration Reform
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/05/immigration-reform-dossiers/

The immigration reform measure the Senate began debating yesterday would create a national biometric database of virtually every adult in the U.S., in what privacy groups fear could be the first step to a ubiquitous national identification system.

Buried in the more than 800 pages of the bipartisan legislation (.pdf) is language mandating the creation of the innocuously-named “photo tool,” a massive federal database administered by the Department of Homeland Security and containing names, ages, Social Security numbers and photographs of everyone in the country with a driver’s license or other state-issued photo ID.

Employers would be obliged to look up every new hire in the database to verify that they match their photo.

This piece of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act is aimed at curbing employment of undocumented immigrants. But privacy advocates fear the inevitable mission creep, ending with the proof of self being required at polling places, to rent a house, buy a gun, open a bank account, acquire credit, board a plane or even attend a sporting event or log on the internet. Think of it as a government version of Foursquare, with Big Brother cataloging every check-in.

“It starts to change the relationship between the citizen and state, you do have to get permission to do things,” said Chris Calabrese, a congressional lobbyist with the American Civil Liberties Union. “More fundamentally, it could be the start of keeping a record of all things.”

For now, the legislation allows the database to be used solely for employment purposes. But historically such limitations don’t last. The Social Security card, for example, was created to track your government retirement benefits. Now you need it to purchase health insurance.

“The Social Security number itself, it’s pretty ubiquitous in your life,” Calabrese said.

David Bier, an analyst with the Competitive Enterprise Institute, agrees with the ACLU’s fears.

“The most worrying aspect is that this creates a principle of permission basically to do certain activities and it can be used to restrict activities,” he said. “It’s like a national ID system without the card.”

For the moment, the debate in the Senate Judiciary Committee is focused on the parameters of legalization for unauthorized immigrants, a border fence and legal immigration in the future.

The committee is scheduled to resume debate on the package Tuesday.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2013, 12:39 PM
As always, the devil is in the details, and the cum drunk sluts in suits argue about meaningless shit.

Fuck these people...really, just, fuck them.

Tried to give everybody a heads up about this years ago...this is TWIC on steroids.

And, just like TWIC, I'll bet you'll pay Lockheed/Martin or GE directly for the "privilege" of having your slave card.

Everybody needs to watch this...

"Yeah, slave, step up and make your slave mark."

"TEAR IT UP!!! TEAR IT UP!!!"

http://www.wingclips.com/movie-clips/glory/tear-it-up

tangent4ronpaul
05-11-2013, 12:43 PM
http://www.pedalroom.com/f/b06c737852_1.jpg

-t

Anti Federalist
05-11-2013, 01:01 PM
http://www.pedalroom.com/f/b06c737852_1.jpg

-t

Heh, I know that picture was not taken in AmeriKa.

But appreciate the sentiment, you cop hater you.

WhistlinDave
05-11-2013, 01:14 PM
I got a phone call from Ron Paul yesterday asking me to donate to fight against this and expose it for what it is... Well actually it was Campaign for Liberty with a recorded message from Ron Paul. (The call started with a live person who introduced the recorded message and asked if it was OK to put me through.)

Tapped out and couldn't donate, but I've already signed the petition at C4L and have asked others to do the same.... Please spread this around!!!

http://www.chooseliberty.org/nationalidcard.aspx

kahless
05-11-2013, 02:22 PM
CFL has sent a few emails in the last month on this. Oddly this forum and elsewhere has been silent on this issue. Really pisses me off, stopping this should be top priority. This is big and has a direct impact on many of us that will refuse to submit to it.

Those of us that refuse are going to have to figure how to making a living without.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2013, 03:04 PM
CFL has sent a few emails in the last month on this. Oddly this forum and elsewhere has been silent on this issue. Really pisses me off, stopping this should be top priority. This is big and has a direct impact on many of us that will refuse to submit to it.

Those of us that refuse are going to have to figure how to making a living without.

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Let me make something clear, like TWIC, there will be no refusal.

Your absence from the surveillance grid will be the biggest red flag of all.

You will be ferreted out, arrested and possibly killed, the first time a facial recognition camera pings you as a "John Doe" or "Unknown".

So, it's either fight this now, in increasingly harsh and radical terms...

Or submit.

Those are the only two choices.

liberalnurse
05-11-2013, 03:14 PM
I got the call from Ron (CFL) as well. It was rather lengthy, and I must say Ron was fired up. My thoughts were how would those of us who refuse survive. Since numerous states nixed the required state funded National ID the Federal Government will now try to take over and mandate it. What a crock. It just never stops. AF says it best.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-11-2013, 03:15 PM
this is worse than obamacare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE4oz2u6OHY

Who wants to be #1?

anaconda
05-11-2013, 03:31 PM
A couple of questions & comments:

1) So, if we write to our legislators, do we simply refer to this as the "photo tool?" Am I correct in assuming that it does not have it's own amendment number?

2) From the article:

Buried in the more than 800 pages of the bipartisan legislation (.pdf) is language mandating the creation of the innocuously-named “photo tool,” a massive federal database administered by the Department of Homeland Security and containing names, ages, Social Security numbers and photographs of everyone in the country with a driver’s license or other state-issued photo ID.

I don't see where the biometric aspect comes in. Unless they are referring to our face photo. I thought you all meant they were going to draw our blood for DNA samples and collect finger prints. The information amounts to what is currently on my driver's license PLUS my social security number. I don't know that I want the feds to have this information, but isn't this information that every state government can already compile quite easily? Just trying to make sure I've understood this issue correctly and that I can formulate talking points counter to the establishment's.

Thank you!

Anti Federalist
05-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Yet More Wickedness from the TSA

Posted by Becky Akers on May 10, 2013 09:44 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/137400.html

Between harassing dissidents and disabled kids, you might suppose the TSA would rest content with its evil. Alas, no: it’s always looking for more serfs to ruin and more industries like aviation to destroy.

It found both in international shipping, with its ports and the truck-drivers who haul goods into and out of them. One of those drivers might work for Al Qaeda! Or know someone who does! Or have read the Koran, or even glanced at a copy once! Or converted to Islam! Or know someone who did! Clearly, though no turrist has yet manifested even the remotest interest in any American port, they could. At any time. Thereby threatening all of Western civilization.

And so the TSA in its mind-boggling stupidity came up with a scheme it called “TWIC” (“Transportation Worker Indentification Credential.” Let’s see: three big, burly nouns modifying a fourth and each other. That should set some kind of record, but native speakers of Jargon assure me it doesn’t). TSA forced drivers to undergo background checks and fingerprinting and Lord-knows-what-all. And get this: “TWIC enrollment centers” were often hundreds of miles from drivers’ homes and depots, forcing these professionals to work thousands of hours of unpaid overtime.

TWIC also costs those hard-working serfs around $130. Remember that many drivers work as independent contractors, in business for themselves, so no company picks up such expenses for them. Estimates of the number of TWIC's enrollees vary, but there are at least a million. You do the math to see why TSA loves TWIC.

The TSA was supposed to supply ports with “readers” for TWIC’s cards that would open “secured” gates when a holder swiped his card. But – you guessed it – the readers have never worked well or, in some cases, at all. So in essence truckers have paid $130,000,000 for fancy ID.

Now comes a report from the Government Accountability Office that damns the entire program as unnecessary: the “assumption that the lack of a common credential could leave facilities open to a security breach with falsified credentials has not been validated … Eleven years after initiation, [the Department of Homeland Security] has not demonstrated how, if at all, TWIC will improve maritime security.”

Yo, truckers and shippers: join us on the frontlines when the revolution comes, overthrowing these incompetent, rapacious, senseless bullies, busybodies and bureaucrats.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2013, 03:45 PM
My email to Becky:

Becky,

I am a mariner and have had to suffer under TWIC for years now.

A couple of things I'd like to point out, that make it even worse than you imagine.

1 - All TWIC fees are paid DIRECTLY to Lockheed/Martin. That's right, not to TSA, not the Coast Guard, but right to the MIC.

2 - The readers are NOT supplied by TSA. Vessel and facility owners are on the hook for the cost.

3 - Look into Admiral James Milton Loy and how he ramrodded TWIC through, and then profited after the fact.

4 - Because of the salt water environment, TWIC card readers will last maybe a few months. Because of this, "VeriChip" implanted RFID technology was seriously being considered as an alternative.

5 - None of my professional documents or licenses are valid unless I submit to TWIC.

Anti - Federalist

bolil
05-11-2013, 03:55 PM
What if I am too lazy to comply? Oh, well, having been arrested (and that is not to say found guilty) my biometrics are all ready in the system.

If you've been printed, you're already in.

And yes, a picture of your face is no little different than a file with your fingerprints or even DNA, if the claims of modern technology are to believed. Furthermore, is my face not my person? Am I not, as recognized by the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, entitled (by virtue of being free) to security in my person against unreasonable searches? Is such a recognition but a reflection of a trifle? Or should such an acknowledgement be taken very seriously?

BOLIL>YOLO

liberalnurse
05-11-2013, 04:10 PM
In the phone call I received, Ron said it would include retinal scan and I believe he said a chip so all our movement would be tracked.

anaconda
05-11-2013, 04:47 PM
In the phone call I received, Ron said it would include retinal scan and I believe he said a chip so all our movement would be tracked.

So the OP article failed to mention these?

Natural Citizen
05-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Oddly this forum and elsewhere has been silent on this issue. Really pisses me off, stopping this should be top priority.

This isn't something that just popped up out of the blue. Has been introduced into infrastructure and political discussion gradually with much discussion about it scattered throughout the board here. The problem is that there isn't a relevant place to maintain this kind of discussion for continuous reference as it develops unless you throw it in the individual rights and liberties thread and then it just continues to remain fragmented...lost...forgotten...ignored. And so you get what you get.

This technology (and certainly the coming infrastructure relevant to it) has bipartisan support for the most part so is almost expected that not much will be brought up as it grows. Need to start asking our representatives what their position is on technology. The lack of interest in doing so is how they bring you this. And will continue. And, as always, the people will love them for it.

DamianTV
05-11-2013, 05:32 PM

There are lots of issues that are extremely important that we miss. If you know we are not talking about something that we should be talking about, make sure we know about it. Look at how frequently I talk about Privacy. The sharing of information is exactly what we need to do.

Peace Piper
05-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Let me make something clear, like TWIC, there will be no refusal.

Your absence from the surveillance grid will be the biggest red flag of all.

You will be ferreted out, arrested and possibly killed, the first time a facial recognition camera pings you as a "John Doe" or "Unknown".

So, it's either fight this now, in increasingly harsh and radical terms...

Or submit.

Those are the only two choices.

Max Headroom S01E06 The Blanks Original Airdate: 5/5/87

...An ultimatum is issued: if Peller does not reverse his policy of imprisoning all blanks, unregistered citizens, the central computer system will be crashed. Bryce and Theora hatch a plan to find the hackers

Max Headroom (http://www.tv.com/shows/max-headroom/season-1/) was, literally, 25 years ahead of its time.

jmdrake
05-11-2013, 06:30 PM
I did to AF. I once heard Bey Buchanan speak. She was all fearmongering about immigrants. She pushed for "e-verify". I asked her later "Well wouldn't that bring in a national ID card and wouldn't that be a bad idea?" I also asked "Shouldn't we just repeal NAFTA?" and "What do you think of Ron Paul?"

Here answers were "Yes", "Yes" and "I think Ron Paul is great." I don't know if she just isn't too bright or what. But I don't know why folks can't just see the obvious.

As always, the devil is in the details, and the cum drunk sluts in suits argue about meaningless shit.

Tried to give everybody a heads up about this years ago...this is TWIC on steroids.

And, just like TWIC, I'll bet you'll pay Lockheed/Martin or GE directly for the "privilege" of having your slave card.

Everybody needs to watch this...

"Yeah, slave, step up and make your slave mark."

"TEAR IT UP!!! TEAR IT UP!!!"

http://www.wingclips.com/movie-clips/glory/tear-it-up

jclay2
05-11-2013, 06:58 PM
So how is this database giong to be compiled? Will it be in separate spread out locations like TWIC that AF referenced? Will my hr person take care of it for me and just send my slave card in the mail like for my HSA?

Zippyjuan
05-11-2013, 08:03 PM
But don't we gotta know who is us and who is them so we can kick out the ones not invited to the party? How ya gonna deal with illegal aliens without some way to know who they are or aren't? If we want to get tough on illegals we are going to have to give up a bit more freedom. Fair trade? And also let's increase TSAs powers so they can help screen them out better too.

(Not necessarily advocating this- but pointing out one of the difficulties of trying to have a stronger system against illegal immigrants).

jmdrake
05-11-2013, 08:20 PM
But don't we gotta know who is us and who is them so we can kick out the ones not invited to the party? How ya gonna deal with illegal aliens without some way to know who they are or aren't? If we want to get tough on illegals we are going to have to give up a bit more freedom. Fair trade? And also let's increase TSAs powers so they can help screen them out better too.

(Not necessarily advocating this- but pointing out one of the difficulties of trying to have a stronger system against illegal immigrants).

That's why the Ron Paul "get rid of the magnet (welfare, birthright citizenship)" solution is best.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2013, 08:26 PM

Yah yah yah...I know...but, guess what?

My "freedom account" is drained...ain't nothing left to give up anymore.

And here's where the fun starts boys and girls.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Max Headroom S01E06 The Blanks Original Airdate: 5/5/87

...An ultimatum is issued: if Peller does not reverse his policy of imprisoning all blanks, unregistered citizens, the central computer system will be crashed. Bryce and Theora hatch a plan to find the hackers

Max Headroom (http://www.tv.com/shows/max-headroom/season-1/) was, literally, 25 years ahead of its time.

I remember that!

+rep for a great reference.

From here on out, all refuseniks will be referred to as "Blanks".

And a Blank is, de facto, an enemy of the state.

Lucille
05-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Weird how after the neo-Trotskyites (http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j061303.html) took over the GOP, "conservatives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act)" started pushing for a national ID along with the "liberals."

Guess What’s Hidden In The Immigration Bill? A National Biometric Database For Citizens
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-11/guess-what%E2%80%99s-hidden-immigration-bill-national-biometric-database-citizens

Oh just another eight hundred page “bipartisan” bill that nobody will read, mainstream media will refuse to cover, and that will merely further destroy any remnants of freedom left in these United States. Never forget the George Carlin quote on bipartisanship:

“Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.”
[...]
Good thing the terrorists aren’t winning or anything.

USA! USA! USA!

Anti Federalist
05-11-2013, 08:33 PM
USA! USA! USA!

'Murica!

We gots freedom!

DamianTV
05-11-2013, 08:36 PM
'Murica!

We gots freedom!

Freedom is a way of life, not a Bumper Sticker!

If it were a Bumper Sticker, we'd have more than enough to share with the entire world (except for China where those Buper Stickers are all made).

Zippyjuan
05-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Weird how after the neo-Trotskyites (http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j061303.html) took over the GOP, "conservatives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act)" started pushing for a national ID along with the "liberals."

Guess What’s Hidden In The Immigration Bill? A National Biometric Database For Citizens
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-11/guess-what%E2%80%99s-hidden-immigration-bill-national-biometric-database-citizens

USA! USA! USA!

Biometric to me sounds like DNA and fingerprints and eys scans. This sounds like currently used forms of ID. Not saying I agree with the idea.

Employers would be obliged to look up every new hire in the database to verify that they match their photo.

jmdrake
05-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Biometric to me sounds like DNA and fingerprints and eys scans. This sounds like currently used forms of ID. Not saying I agree with the idea.

Ya ever notice lately that when you they take your picture for a driver's license or passport that you have to hold your head in a certain way? That's so that your picture will be machine readable. Nothing magic about a thumb scan or eye scan versus a face scan.

Zippyjuan
05-11-2013, 08:55 PM
My driver's license is several years old with renewals and I just had a passport photo taken but they weren't too concerned about a specific angle other than being from the front- same as when I got my old one about 20 years ago. They used a hand-held point and shoot camera- not special equipment or angles it had to be. but you can also provide your own passport photos if they are of the correct size. You don't have to hold your head a certain way.

HOLLYWOOD
05-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Biometrics are normally used for access to highly restricted/classified facilities. But these NAZIS & Marxists running this nation are outta control and this move is for complete control over the citizens and complete security for these criminals dictators in government.

Here's a 'Did You Know'moment... When women becomes pregnant, their retinas change and will fail retina scans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc

Tinnuhana
05-12-2013, 12:12 AM
Guess C4L needs another heads-up to include AP, etc. for "states".

LibForestPaul
05-12-2013, 04:51 AM
That's why the Ron Paul "get rid of the magnet (welfare, birthright citizenship)" solution is best.

think of the children...:rolleyes:

LibForestPaul
05-12-2013, 04:52 AM
GATTICA

Noob
05-12-2013, 04:57 AM
The so-called "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" proposal being touted by Senators Chuck Schumer and John McCain includes a de facto National ID card that would be required for all U.S. citizens in order to hold a job legally

http://www.chooseliberty.org/nationalidcard.aspx?pid=0326b

http://petitions.conservativeactionalerts.com/10025/tell-congress-secure-borders-first/

jmdrake
05-12-2013, 05:04 AM
My driver's license is several years old with renewals and I just had a passport photo taken but they weren't too concerned about a specific angle other than being from the front- same as when I got my old one about 20 years ago. They used a hand-held point and shoot camera- not special equipment or angles it had to be. but you can also provide your own passport photos if they are of the correct size. You don't have to hold your head a certain way.

Maybe you stood the right way the first time? I know I had to get my picture re-took because my head was not at the right angle.

Edit: But rather than play "dueling anecdotes" with you, I'll just give you the undeniable facts.

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/photocomptemplate/photocomptemplate_5297.html

Make sure the photo presents the full head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin
Center the head with the frame
The person in the photo should have a neutral expression and be facing the camera

Paper Photo Head Size Template

Photo Composition Template
Photo must be 2 inches by 2 inches
The height of the head (top of hair to bottom of chin) should measure 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (25 mm - 35 mm)
Make sure the eye height is between 1 1/8 inches to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm – 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo

http://www.travel.state.gov/images/photo_reqs/dimensions-inch.gif

Really, sometimes I think you argue just to troll or be cantankerous.

Anyway, for those who are serious about knowing the truth, these factors are required to make sure your passport photo is machine readable.

1) You must be facing the camera
2) Your eye must be at a specific height
3) Your face must be centered within the frame
4) You cannot smile

Point 4 is chilling. I'm old enough to remember when it was okay to smile for ID photos, or even encouraged. Now it's more controlled than a mug shot. You must not show emotion mundane! Big brother doesn't like it!

Noob
05-12-2013, 05:08 AM
Petition opposing Senate bill for amnesty & more foreign workers

https://www.saynotoamnesty.com/

BuddyRey
05-12-2013, 05:18 AM
Tweeted!

This is threat level red, you guys. We need to blow this story up big-time.

Has Drudge or Alex Jones covered it yet?

BuddyRey
05-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Bump!!!

pcosmar
05-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Ongoing and continuous.
even though Real ID, (and every other form) has been rejected by the people,, it is still being pushed.
and using the same bullshit excuse that was used for the creation of the FEMA camps over 30 years ago.

(They were for the illegal aliens)

it is a red herring.

It is for control. Nothing more, nothing less.

jclay2
05-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Point 4 is chilling. I'm old enough to remember when it was okay to smile for ID photos, or even encouraged. Now it's more controlled than a mug shot. You must not show emotion mundane! Big brother doesn't like it!

Anything to make their photo matching algorithm work better!

Anti Federalist
05-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Tweeted!

This is threat level red, you guys. We need to blow this story up big-time.

Has Drudge or Alex Jones covered it yet?

Every day that goes by, there is another Threat Level Red Alert.

I'm shell-shocked...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbdw86XAhK1qjcvcno1_500.jpg

Lucille
05-13-2013, 03:13 PM
The Bill of Rights Privileges.

This Is What We Deserve: 100% Surveillance
hxxp://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=220673

We have done this folks -- to ourselves.

The immigration reform measure the Senate began debating yesterday would create a national biometric database of virtually every adult in the U.S., in what privacy groups fear could be the first step to a ubiquitous national identification system.

Fear?

It's a foregone conclusion.

There are cameras on light poles. There are cameras in cop cars. There are cameras everywhere, and they all are run by computers. Link a picture and other biometrics to you, and suddenly the government knows exactly where you are.

All the time.

Your Social Security number was originally issued "only for employment purposes." Now you need it to open a bank or brokerage account, many colleges and even elementary schools try to require it and more.
[...]
The Declaration of Independence enumerates three rights that are unalienable -- that is, they cannot be legitimately taken from you. Those are the right to life, liberty and pursuit (but not attainment) of happiness.

Liberty clearly includes choosing where you happen to be (physically) at any given point in time. We maintain a system of public roads paid for by all of us through taxation. They are built for use by vehicles of the day; at one time "roads" were suitable for use by horses and carriages; now they are suitable for use by automobiles and motorcycles. Maintaining a public system of roads is one of the historical duties of governments and goes back to at least Roman times!

If you accept that you have a right to liberty then you have a right to use the common means of the day upon the public ways to change where you physically are. This right is binary -- you either possess it or not. A right cannot be conditioned upon a license; that is not a right at all, but rather a privilege.

The argument is often raised that a "driver license" denotes at least minimum competence in the operation of a vehicle. Oh really? And on what basis do you make this claim? When was the last time you had to show a driver license for anything related to driving, as compared against something not related to driving -- say, getting on an airplane, buying a bottle of booze or using a credit card?

If you throw away your right to liberty then you have ceded the argument on identification. After all if the government has the right to make travel a privilege -- that is, you no longer have the right to liberty in that your ability to change your location is now a privilege rather than a right -- then government has the ability to condition that privilege as it sees fit and may change those terms from time to time if it wishes.

Further, if you accept that changing your location is a privilege then in order to prevent fraud government has the ability to determine with certainty who you are. Suddenly "Real ID" is both necessary and proper; fraud is a common law crime no matter who it is committed against. Determining that you really are who you say you are to prevent you from exercising a privilege you are not entitled to is a necessary and proper component of what you already ceded.

That privilege now has yet another aspect added to it -- the ability to monitor your exercise of it as the government sees fit.

Remember, you agreed then and continue to agree today that Liberty -- the ability to choose where, physically, your body is and to alter that using the means common in the present day -- is not a right but rather a privilege.

This is what happens when you play games with logic; you cede that which was claimed as an unalienable right and in doing so your leukemia-ridden grandmother has her vagina probed by a TSA agent because, well, there is no right to travel. The TSA tells you "if you don't like it then drive!" and when you attempt to do so you find that since you ceded Liberty you have no right to drive unmolested without being tracked either!

And heh, if Liberty is no longer a right, because you simply don't give a damn and both haven't and won't stand and defend what your forefathers claimed as natural right, then I suppose Life is similarly subject to privilege.

Yes?

Now you have something new to think about.

sailingaway
05-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Ron did something on this, too.

Lucille
05-13-2013, 04:33 PM
C4L petition: http://www.chooseliberty.org/nationalidcard.aspx

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/05/ron-paul-gang-of-8-hiding-national-id.html

Ron Paul is robo-calling his supporters to sign a petition against the inclusion of a National ID card in immigration reform negotiations. From the petition:

Right now, freedom-stealing Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY), banding together with other statists from both parties, are scheming to sneak a massive power grab into a new “immigration reform” bill.

If passed, it would require every American to obtain a National ID card to work legally in the U.S. – and you can bet it will be only a matter of time until they’re required even for simple purchases.

Ron Paul calls the current proposals “by far the worst national ID card the statists have come up with yet.” And he blames the “Gang of 8,” which includes Lindsey Graham, John McCain, and Chuck Schumer, for working with Obama to “sneak a national ID” into an immigration reform bill. ”A statist’s dream,” Paul decries.

According to Paul, the national ID would create a new federal database with biometric information on all citizens and those who work within the United States. He claims that, in short time, it would be illegal for anyone to have a job without an ID card. “Every time any citizen applies for a job, the government will know…[and] once the government bureaucrats know exactly how we run our lives, they will try and control them.”

He warns that “the government will know what you eat, drink, and read. Once they know this information, they will regulate everything” from your food to your education, depriving us of our freedom. Issues like amnesty are just being used as cover. The National ID is what the “statists” really want.

HOLLYWOOD
05-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Coming to a Light pole / street light near you!

Related: they will be using this: http://lightingcontrolsassociation.org/intellistreets-wins-ies-lighting-control-innovation-award-of-merit/

Surprise... they installed it in a "Upscale Washington DC neighborhood" Pay particular close attention to the manufacturers explanations in each section. Find the key words/phrases?

Intellistreets Wins IES Lighting Control Innovation Award Of Merit
By Lighting Controls Association, on January 9, 2013
http://lightingcontrolsassociation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/intelli-3.jpg
The control system supports auxiliary lighting control of accessory fixtures mounted to the pole, such as panic buttons with 2-way communication.

http://lightingcontrolsassociation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/intelli-4.jpg
Emergency management or crowd control capabilities are handled through the control of on-board 4 color indicator lights capable of flashing and sequential strobing combined with audio announcements in any language. With the addition of card-swipe or biometric sensors, the system supports on-street parking management, rental charges for EV charging applications and PDA downloads. Sensor technology accommodated within the pole interfaces with the control system to provide real-time monitoring of weather, CBRNE agents, seismic conditions and presence of water (flooding).
http://lightingcontrolsassociation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/intelli-5.jpg
The control system allows content management for all video-based functions including roadway signage and parking system interfaces. This messaging may be displayed on both large format banner-type signage and street signs.
http://lightingcontrolsassociation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/intelli-6.jpg
Control aspect of audio include content management, volume adjustment, zonal control of audio distribution on a pole by pole basis, automatic audio synchronization, error-checking and delay correction. The audio control system also includes the ability to make real-time announcements from authorized users.
http://lightingcontrolsassociation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/intelli-7.jpg
Video camera control is provided for purposes of surveillance and footfall counting and utilizes edge processing technology and analytic algorithms.

The control system manages image changes and distributes these changes to a centralized command centers.
http://lightingcontrolsassociation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/intelli-8.jpg

Lucille
05-15-2013, 10:59 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/14/senators-vote-weaken-entry-exit-system-immigration/?page=all#pagebreak

On Tuesday, the gang wrangled enough votes to stop one amendment that would have allowed the government to conduct audits to make sure a temporary high-tech visa program wasn’t being used to displace American workers from their jobs, and also halted a proposal that would have required biometric identifiers from every visitor upon entry or exit in the U.S.

That biometric vote even exposed a split among the Gang of Eight. While four members who also sit on the Judiciary Committee voted to block biometrics, Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida Republican and a key sponsor who is not on the committee, said he would have backed it and will fight to include it when the bill reaches the floor.

“Immigration reform must include the best exit system possible because persons who overstay their authorized stay are a big reason we now have so many illegal immigrants,” said Alex Conant, a spokesman for Mr. Rubio. “We wanted the Judiciary Committee to strengthen the legislation by adding biometrics to the new exit system, and we were disappointed by this morning’s vote.”
[...]
Sen. Charles E. Schumer, who is chief sponsor of the bill and one of the Gang of Eight who wrote the compromise, urged colleagues to stick with the deal.

“We have come to a careful balance on [high-tech visas],” the New York Democrat said. “What we tried to do in our proposal is to find a balance. As you’ve seen, some people think the balance is too far in the direction of labor. … Some people think the balance is too far in favor of high-tech.”

Senators also continued to struggle with the balance between legalizing illegal immigrants and strengthening security.

The entry-exit visa system was part of that fight.

Biometrics — immutable characteristics such as iris scans or fingerprints — have been a sticking point since 1996, when Congress passed legislation requiring a biometric identifier of every visitor as they enter and leave the U.S. That was supposed to be a way of making sure temporary visitors go home when their visas expire.

The 9/11 Commission renewed the push after the Sept. 11 attacks, when several of the hijackers were discovered to have overstayed their visas.

But current immigration bill requires photos rather than biometrics, and only at airports and seaports.

Sen. Jeff Sessions, Alabama Republican, offered an amendment to stick with the current biometric requirement, and to prevent newly legalized immigrants from getting citizenship until that is completed.

“This is a big hole in the system and it’s gone on for years and years,” Mr. Sessions said. “This is one reason the American people have so little confidence in any promises we make.”

But his proposal was defeated by a 12-6 vote, with 10 Democrats and two Republicans — both members of the Gang of Eight — in opposition.

“Current law is a concept. And there is apparently not a whole lot of will by Republicans or Democrats to make the concept a reality,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who was one of those Republicans.

Mr. Graham said he would like someday to get to biometric checks, but it’s proved to be too expensive. He said the bill they wrote is the best compromise between the demands of the law and the current practice.

Lucille
05-16-2013, 01:25 PM
E-Verify = E-Total State
http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2013/5/16/e-verify-e-total-state.html

The total state needs total information. How else can it track every dollar to snatch, every child to draft, every opinion to slap down? The monitoring of movement will always be done covertly or – if revealed – in the name of safety and fairness.

Obama assumed office with a vow to lead the most transparent White House in American history. Now another Godzilla Act has another massive gotcha that steps closer to the total state. The 800 plus page Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 (S.744) was introduced in the Senate on April 17 by a powerful group of bipartisan senators known as the "Gang of Eight." And, as the comedian George Carlin once said of bipartisanship, it “usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.”

http://dollarvigilante.com/sites/default/files/images/gangof8.jpg

Section 3101 of S.744, “Unlawful Employment of Unauthorized Aliens, contains a mandatory “Identity Authentication Mechanism” that mandates a biometric ID database for almost every adult in America. The so-called “Photo Tool” database would be administered jointly by the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It would include not only personal information but also photographs from state-issued ID such as a driver's license. Every adult who drives or travels, who opens a bank account or intersects with a government agency requires a state-issued photo ID. This means almost every adult in America will be on record with the most powerful domestic surveillance and police force in the world.

The ostensible purpose of the database is to prevent the illegal employment of undocumented immigrants. Employers would be legally obligated to “E-Verify” every person they hired; that is, they would be required to “match the photo on a covered identity document provided to the employer to a photo maintained by a US Citizenship and Immigration Services database.”

[B]The American state does not care about the financial cost E-Verify inflicts on business or taxpayers. The Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) estimates the cost at “about $4.1 billion in initial setup costs and $8.5 billion in ongoing annual costs to government, businesses, and employees.” Additionally, if a specified 5,000 special agents are hired at an annual compensation that starts at “$45,416 per year, the new hires will likely cost taxpayers at least $2.27 billion over the next decade.”

The American state does not care about the penalties E-Verify would inflict on employers or minorities like Hispanics who would become high-risk employees – translation, less employable. After all, the employers would pay huge penalties for employees who bypass or somehow fake verification. David Bier of CEI explained, “The Senate legislation will increase penalties for illegal hiring, paperwork mistakes or technical errors in the process, which further incentivizes discrimination....[Another] reason for avoiding foreign-born or 'foreign-looking' individuals is that if unauthorized workers beat E-Verify by assuming others' identities, employers could lose much of their workforce overnight” if the authorities find out.

The American state does not care about the social control E-Verify inflicts on individuals. The Act has a clear potential if not the likelihood of becoming a civil liberties train wreck. Once the bureaucracy is in place, there is no reason for E-Verify to stop with employment; there are reasons for the state to expand the program's mission. The DHS could demand the verification of identity and a collection of data every time a person accesses a finance service, buys a home or car, boards a plane or train, applies for a license, seeks health care, casts a vote, requests a government service, or logs into a social network.

Defenders of S.744 reply that the Act allows the database to be used only for the purpose of hiring; the Act expressly forbids the establishment of a national ID database. They should read history. Social Security numbers were introduced in 1935 by Obama's hero Franklin D. Roosevelt. They were explicitly prohibited from being used for any purpose other than tracking accounts within the Social Security program. People were expressly forbidden to use a Social Security numbers for identification. Cards issued from 1946 to 1972 had the words “for social security purposes, not for identification” printed prominently across their face. Today Social Security numbers are an unofficial and universal form of national ID without which it is difficult to function in the mainstream of society.

Two-thousand and thirteen moves faster than 1935. The evolution of Social Security numbers from innocuous from ubiquitous took decades; the evolution of S.744 may take months. Moreover, the Act does not restrain the type of biometric data to be gathered and used. Although S.744 currently mandates only the storing of photographs, it explicitly provides for the "development of specific and effective additional security measures to adequately verify the identity of an individual whose identity may not be verified using the photo tool." The Act makes vague reference to “additional security measures” that may be required to keep up “with technological advances" and to provide “a high level of certainty as to...identity.” Vagueness in law favors the state. The news outlet Policymic observed, “There is no higher level of certainty than DNA.”

The political circumstances surrounding S.744 are also cautionary. For example, last week Senator Orrin Hatch filed a proposed amendment to launch the process of collecting biometric data (e.g. fingerprints, iris scans) on all foreigners departing the United States. This is a considerable expansion of S.744's mission. And, yet, criticism from Hatch's fellow-Senators focused upon the amendment's economic cost, not upon its expansion of the Act.

Of course, any mission drift is likely to occur in silence, except for the official denials that it is occurring at all. Silence and denial have become the SOP of government agencies. Civil libertarian Glenn Greenwald addressed the recent revelation that “all digital communications - meaning telephone calls, emails, online chats and the like - are automatically recorded and stored and accessible to the government after the fact.” Greenwald identifies this process as the very definition of the “ubiquitous, limitless Surveillance State”. Why do Americans tolerate total surveillance? One reason is that “[t]he real capabilities and behavior of the US surveillance state are almost entirely unknown to the American public because, like most things of significance done by the US government, it operates behind an impenetrable wall of secrecy.”

State verification is state control. The DHS could easily control social and financial interactions by delaying or refusing verification. It could create second-class citizens by tagging dissenters or others targeted for a denial of 'privileges' like logging onto the Internet, accessing their bank accounts, or buying land. Chris Calabrese – a spokesman for the American Civil Liberties Union – observed of S744, “It starts to change the relationship between the citizen and state, you do have to get permission to do things. More fundamentally, it could be the start of keeping a record of all things.”

That would constitute the start of the end.

Noob
06-03-2013, 05:50 AM
The bill could be voted on soon.

Tell Congress: No Biometric Database, No National ID!

http://petitions.conservativeactionalerts.com/10179/tell-congress-no-biometric-database-no-national-id/

Noob
06-10-2013, 08:54 AM
they are voting Tuesday

Defend Liberty Mandate Petition:My U.S. Senators

http://rand-2016.com/wb-petition.aspx?pid=0603

oyarde
06-10-2013, 10:05 AM

If the worthless , ignorant , useless and expensive Fed Govt had done its job and controlled the border anytime in the past few decades , this would not be a conversation.

oyarde
06-10-2013, 10:07 AM
That's why the Ron Paul "get rid of the magnet (welfare, birthright citizenship)" solution is best. I agree.

Noob
06-11-2013, 11:21 AM
bump

https://www.numbersusa.com/sendfax?series=th05may13id

Noob
06-11-2013, 01:43 PM
It pass 82-15

Lucille
06-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Yes, that was to begin debate.

As far as the House of non-representatives goes, they say Weepin' Johnny is going to ignore the Hastert Rule. It will pass both houses, O Duce will sign it into law, and like Kaus put it:

Democrats will have shaped the future electorate to their own liking. They’ll have transformed what America is.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/11/wake-up/#ixzz2VwNNtn8Y

NationalAnarchist
06-11-2013, 02:20 PM
And Rand just voted to move ahead with this...

LibForestPaul
06-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Why are people here not understanding photo scan will equal iris scan? They already can take a picture of your prints from afar
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/05/camera-reads-fingerprints-from-a-distance-in-seconds/

Your choices will be to submit or suffer, if they are not destroyed.

Noob
06-13-2013, 05:22 PM
No Dangerous ID/No Database Petition To my U.S. Congressman and Senators:

http://www.nagr.org/dangerousIDdatabase.aspx?pid=3b

Lucille
06-27-2013, 11:42 AM
US Iron Curtain Is Coming in New Immigration Bill for All Americans
http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/06/26/us-iron-curtain-is-coming-in-new-immigration-bill-for-all-americans/

GOP Senator Orrin Hatch introduced an amendment to the immigration bill that is the start of the American Iron Curtain requiring a mandatory biometric exit system at airports with the highest volume of international air travel, that even Senator Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) wanted to do nationwide but without success previously. You will no longer be allowed to freely leave the the USA. Government will track you on a biometric basis. What’s next? DNA? This is not Paper Please! This is Papers Now!

There is new legislation that will impose not only a lifelong ban on Americans traveling if they renounce their citizenship, but if you have any money, they now want to impose an huge exit tax to leave. This is all about them getting money. Every bill is designed to strip citizens of their wealth to keep the debt rolling.

Senator Barbara Boxer (D-Los Angeles) in her highway bill to “reauthorize Federal-aid highway and highway safety construction programs, and for other purposes” includes Section 40304 of the legislation which states that any individual who owes more than $50,000 to the Internal Revenue Service may be subject to “action with respect to denial, revocation, or limitation of a passport”. So in other words, if they think you owe any money, they can revoke your passport, put you under investigation, and you cannot travel until they say you do not owe anything. What does this have to do with highways?

Eduardo Saverin could be BANNED from the U.S. after renouncing citizenship to save millions in tax. Former Massachusetts U.S. Attorney Michael Sullivan said that he wants the U.S. Attorney’s office to begin the process of revoking Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s U.S. citizenship claiming it is a benefit or some sort of gift. The problem is becoming that to be a US citizen is rapidly becoming the worst possible citizenship to have in the world for there seems to be some invisible hand behind this plot to enslave everyone as economic machines to feed government not much different that the plot in the MATRIX serious where humans are kept to generate energy for the state. Everything is about getting taxes right down to hunting offshore business to going after bullion refiners demand they account for every gram of gold coming in and out.

The entire excessive NSA gabbing everything is all about taxes. If we look at what has been going on there is clearly an invisible hand at work to confiscate wealth to keep the debt rolling. These people are absolutely destroying the world economy and liquidity is still at about 50% of 2007 levels demonstrating the impact of hunting down citizens with assets anywhere. It would be nice if they just printed money and chose the HYPERINFLATION route and we could compensate with investment strategy. But these people are not going in that direction. They are hunting citizens and legally revoking everything that was once the defining quality of a free society.
[...]
Senators Casey and Chuck Schumer have argued to impose the penalty for citizens leaving the USA for tax reasons should be a lifetime ban from re-entering and a special Draconian tax on your net income after already paying taxes.

In 1996, the U.S. changed its immigration law to include a provision to “name and shame” renunciants… In 2008, Congress enacted… an “exit tax” … effective June 2008, U.S. citizens who renounce their citizenship are subject under certain circumstances to an expatriation tax, which is meant to extract from the expatriate taxes that would have been paid had he remained a citizen.
[...]
Everything they do is about money – not safety or really terrorism. This is legislative Terrorism against the people for they are not America, they are the government which is not even a reflection of the American Society any more than the Communists represented the people...

BuddyRey
06-27-2013, 12:02 PM
On one hand, this provision of the bill is so bone-chillingly terrifying I'd be livid if they actually passed it, but on the other hand, there's no f***ing way the states are going to go along with this. They'll put their foot down just like they did with REAL ID, and the paper tyrants in DC will look all the more foolish because of it. It presents opportunities, both for nullification, and for the administration to get some egg on its face.

HOLLYWOOD
06-27-2013, 01:25 PM
All this security/surveillance state is not because of what Americans are doing within the United States, but what the US government is doing outside the United States and to the world. It's easily identifiable there has been a policy coup on Washington DC that no longer abides by the US Constitution or Bill of Rights, but uses teams of lawyers, profit, and bribery to circumvent those rights. Washington repetitively, across numerous departments and agencies identify themselves, that all actions taken, regardless of subject or issue, is, that first and foremost are: The best interests of the U.S. government. NOTE: "U.S. government" Not United States of America, Not the America People/Citizens.

It is today, the perpetual actions of the United States Government outside of this country, that has brought threats within the American homesteads. No one has to look any further then seeing this trillion dollar expenditure to 'LOCKDOWN" America by the 'bought and paid for' government can do as they wish across the globe. The CIA has confirmed this BLOWBACK from around the world, is because of the special interests, are exactly what caused by these 'For Profit, For Gain' U.S. Military Industrial Complex and Security Industrial Complex. Terrorists that have attack America make a concerted effort against New York City and Washington DC. Why is that? Because those are the origins to the world's troubles and also the mecca of graft, corruption, racketeering, and basically the government's authorized organized crime centers against the world.

History has proved over and over again, the troubles of decades where US government/corporatist/elitist; intervention, invasions, and a collage of poaching on foreign soils-seas reveals; not only natural resources, but the exterminating of certain portions/positions of society, like dominion, ministry, religion, economics, and sovereignty. Because of the US government initiated covert terror, BLOWBACK occurs on American assets. These premeditated invasions around the world with well crafted excuses, are only a phony front for some other profitable venture or control down the road. It's constantly repeated at the expense of the people/tax payers. But now it's become a double cost from these overseas excursions, then, the resultant BLOWBACK expenses in price & liberty, follow by the LOCKDOWN state apparatus on American soil.

You don't see terrorist hijacking and flying planes into the "Evil Empire's" renown building called the Kremlin, nor the China Wall, nor the Tokyo Tower, nor Barry's Brandenberg Gate.

So, because of powerful Special Interest, in collaboration with Washington DC's aspirations for world invasion/domination, these evil policies are crafted and initiated to continuing the conquer of their objectives.

This security-safety oppression is nothing new, it has been used by tyrants over the centuries. All one has to look at are the domestic policies of these aggressive government's domestic policies. The Nazis, The Bolsheviks, The Stalinists-Soviets, The Maoists, The WARSAW PACT/Eastern Bloc country's tyrants who constantly oppressed their people, with a security-surveillance state by every single nation belonging to the Bloc. Honecker's Stasi Security-Police State, Nicolae Ceaușescu who ruled Romania, has one of the most brutal security-surveillance state that locked-down the country for a quarter of a century. They continues it all for safety of the nation, but it's almost always to protect the interests of the government and their partners in crimes, instead of freedoms and liberties of the people. It appears the greatest threats of any regime in control is domestically.

So in summary, there are so many government flow charts of scenarios, to their operations conducted, both foreign and domestic to cover their own asses when they go wrong or unexpected BLOWBACK. CODE PINK has caught on this with their campaign, "Drones and Wars make U.S. Less Safe". As usual, the CIA embedded corporate media does their mind control diversionary spin to fool the unsuspecting public, because to resolve these problems, one must fix the cause to all these horrific events, not treating the symptoms afterwards. Now the tyrants within the Washington DC beltway are turning their attacks onto their very own people.

Ron Paul and many others have warned US of this so many times over. Today's Fascists know, there's NO CONTROL, NO POWER, NO PROFIT in eliminating the true causes. The despair to people or country is almost always a secondary afterthought, unless there's a motive to gain control and restrict opposition.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Lord Acton

Philhelm
06-27-2013, 01:28 PM
I guess a barcode tattoo on the forearm would have been too 80's sci-fi.

Zippyjuan
06-27-2013, 01:33 PM
If the worthless , ignorant , useless and expensive Fed Govt had done its job and controlled the border anytime in the past few decades , this would not be a conversation.

Roughly half of those currently in the country illegally entered the coutry on a legal basis- travel visas, student visas, work visas, etc. You could put an inpenetrable dome over the country and would still have illegal immigrants. And actually there are an estimated two million FEWER in the country than there were in 2007. Last year, net immigration (both legal and illegal) from Mexico was zero. Is there some huge horde we need to give up more of our own liberties to keep out? Should we check IDs for everybody and toss out those without proper papers? May we see your papers please? Should the worthless, expensive government get even bigger and spend even more money on the issue?