PDA

View Full Version : An apology to Trevor Lyman (et al)

TechnoGuyRob
11-25-2007, 06:01 PM
I apologize for any rudeness, snideness, or arrogance that I directed toward Trevor Lyman or anyone else in the past week. I also thank him for providing a very reasonable compromise (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41254). I really don't know how he does it, managing all these projects all at once (and very well). My only remaining hope is that he accepts my apology. Emotions are a capricious substance.

My alternative site (ronpaulsteaparty.com) that included a mailing list which promised to not send out anything non-TeaParty related now forwards to TeaParty07.com.

Also, we need to invest our full efforts towards raising $12 million before December. I don't care if anyone thinks it isn't logistically possible. One explanation is provided in this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41225). Additionally, please take note of the following: if we reach $12 million at the end of this month, the only remaining fundraising challenge will be the TeaParty and we will be able to focus our efforts one hundred percent on this. November 5th really only took about two weeks to get as popular as it did; let's repeat that in the first weeks of December, and we should be good to go.

You are all amazing, and I love you. Let's win back this country.

jamesmadison
11-25-2007, 06:02 PM
The more sites, the better.

speciallyblend
11-25-2007, 06:04 PM
love for all;)

Ron Paul Fan
11-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Apology accepted.

derdy
11-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Group hug!
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd138/royalmile/sHa_grouphug3.gif

Visual
11-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Group hug!
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd138/royalmile/sHa_grouphug3.gif

damnit you beat me to it!

:p

torchbearer
11-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Freedom brings us together.

AlexMerced
11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
I glad we were able to meet in the middle ground, we are turly a motley crew of freedom fighters

Bradley in DC
11-25-2007, 07:36 PM
My esteem for you just skyrocketed. This place here is amazing. We are the hope for the country.

RPFTW!
11-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Good job everyone!

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 07:46 PM
http://www.wtv-zone.com/ljsmeenge/FunnyAnimalPics/Cats_3cats_hug.jpg

Wayne Hammond
11-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Rob - thank you. You're a pretty cool young man. I think your efforts here and your apology will help the grassroots efforts tremendously.

Thank you for thinking of the greater good of the campaign and the good of our nation.

I'm telling you, as a 16-year-old, you've shown a lot of wisdom in this apology. If you can continue to contribute to the cause like you have been doing, and keep humble at the same time, there is no limit to how far you can go in the movement to restore our nation.

American
11-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Apology accepted.

Are you Trevor?

GTFO

Ron Paul Fan
11-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Are you Trevor?

GTFO

No, but I'm part of et al. And I will not GTFO! This is suppose to be a thread that brings all of us together and you go and ruin it. Pay no attention to this guy everybody. Continue forgiving and embracing!

jamesmadison
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Apology accepted.

TechnoGuyRob
11-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Could anyone please copy the original post and send it in a private message to Trevor (SwordOfShannarah on these forums). Please do not just link him. I am saying this because I might be on his ignore list, so he might not be getting my private messages or even see this topic. Please PM me if you do this for me.

Wayne Hammond
11-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Could anyone please copy the original post and send it in a private message to Trevor (SwordOfShannarah on these forums). Please do not just link him. I am saying this because I might be on his ignore list, so he might not be getting my private messages or even see this topic.

Done.

sandersondavis
11-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Everyone on this forum has the same goal. To everyone -- Thanks!

SwordOfShannarah
11-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey I just got in. Thank you Rob. That's very nice of you and I really appreciate it.

Please understand one thing without taking offense.. previously you were asking me to run scripts on the TeaParty07.com site and wanted access to my username and passwords for it, etc. I do accept your apology but I don't want to work with you in these types of capacities. I just can't take that risk and I hope you understand. Other than that we're all good. Thanks again!

Bacon
11-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey I just got in. Thank you Rob. That's very nice of you and I really appreciate it.

Please understand one thing without taking offense.. previously you were asking me to run scripts on the TeaParty07.com site and wanted access to my username and passwords for it, etc. I do accept your apology but I don't want to work with you in these types of capacities. I just can't take that risk and I hope you understand. Other than that we're all good. Thanks again!

If I remember the situation correctly, he never asked you for a username/ password. He instructed you on how to put your username and password in a php query for the script. I know web development is not your strength, but that is what Rob is really good at! I remember this situation, because I was so surprised that you had no clue what he was talking about and you kept saying I'm not giving you my username and password when he was NEVER asking for it.

If you're talking about another situation, pardon my interruption! :D

deedles
11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
damnit you beat me to it!

:p

Where do you guys find cute stuff like that?

TechnoGuyRob
11-25-2007, 09:14 PM

No problem. :) By the way, I told you, I don't need any access. You could just leave them on your server, without any communication with anything I own. But of course, no problem. I sent you a script just now, but it's just HTML, and doesn't require any passwords, just a feed ID. It's for if you want to let people have a daily/weekly option.

TechnoGuyRob
11-25-2007, 09:16 PM
If I remember the situation correctly, he never asked you for a username/ password. He instructed you on how to put your username and password in a php query for the script. I know web development is not your strength, but that is what Rob is really good at! I remember this situation, because I was so surprised that you had no clue what he was talking about and you kept saying I'm not giving you my username and password when he was NEVER asking for it.

Thank you. :D

But yeah, just so we're clear on that. :)

SwordOfShannarah
11-25-2007, 09:56 PM

yes- I'm talking about through an email message to me.. they were asked for. Lets not find something new to argue about!! :) We're done!!! Thanks again- lets get back to Ron Paul!

TechnoGuyRob
11-25-2007, 10:01 PM
yes- I'm talking about through an email message to me.. they were asked for. Lets not find something new to argue about!! :)

Ah, yes, I did send that, but "only if you're comfortable with that;" when you said no, I came up with an alternative. :D

Anyways, a bit off-topic, but I see the blimp project already has $150k. Wonderful.