PDA

View Full Version : 'Butt Out,' 60% of 18- to 34-Year-Olds Tell Federal Government

Lucille
05-10-2013, 12:27 PM
http://lewrockwell.com/north/north1282.html

Despite a horrendous unemployment rate of 45% for this age group – almost as bad as Spain’s and Greece’s – about 60% of America’s young adults believe that the government should get out of their lives.

Even more amazing, half believe that the government is not helping the economy.

Two-thirds are favorable to entrepreneurship.

These opinions were made clear in a recent poll sponsored by the Young America Foundation.

Unfortunately, only 44% think that free markets are positive.

http://lewrockwell.com/north/StayOut.gif?_cfgetx=img.rx:400;img.ry:400;

On the whole, this is bad news for the university social science departments that teach Keynesianism, Marxism, and welfare state politics. They control the classrooms, but they do not control their students’ minds.

http://www.yaf.org/adam-tragone-surprise-young-americans-do-not-want-more-government.aspx

Seraphim
05-10-2013, 12:32 PM
The Millenials (my generation) and those of similar age are accutely aware of just how unsustainable and messed up this whole deal is. Step 1 is recognizing there is a problem.

The Boomers as a whole (not all of them, of course) are extremely oblivious to the mathematical catastrophe they have created. Not only that, they have a tendendy to want to continue down this path.

The Boomers easily hold 70+% of all wealth and political power. Their collective delusion, not their work ethic, is what needs to be shattered. It may take a large scale crash for them to wake the hell up.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-10-2013, 12:36 PM
'Butt Out,' 60% of 18- to 34-Year-Olds Tell Federal Government

'Pay off the student loans that I made of my own choosing,' 60% of 18- to 34-Year-Olds Tell Federal Government

Christian Liberty
05-10-2013, 12:48 PM
The Millenials (my generation) and those of similar age are accutely aware of just how unsustainable and messed up this whole deal is. Step 1 is recognizing there is a problem.

The Boomers as a whole (not all of them, of course) are extremely oblivious to the mathematical catastrophe they have created. Not only that, they have a tendendy to want to continue down this path.

The Boomers easily hold 70+% of all wealth and political power. Their collective delusion, not their work ethic, is what needs to be shattered. It may take a large scale crash for them to wake the hell up.

I've said things like this before, but being 18 I've felt a little bad about myself. The bottom line, of course, is that collectivism is a racket. Anyone who votes for SS, Medicare, Medicaid, exc. is contributing to the problem. Those that vote against it are contributing to the solution. No matter how old they are.

Even still, its upsetting to me the mess that the former generation has created for mine. Deffault is what needs to happen, bottom line, and it should happen now. The fruits of my labor SHOULD NOT BE STOLEN to continue to pay the entitlement racket.

'Pay off the student loans that I made of my own choosing,' 60% of 18- to 34-Year-Olds Tell Federal Government

While I don't agree with that, I am bitter that FedGov has made education so expensive due to their stupid interventionism.

tod evans
05-10-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm a boomer and I've been fighting against the system that is in place long before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye.

I suppose I fit into your "(not all of them, of course)" disclaimer..

thoughtomator
05-10-2013, 03:17 PM

Giving in to relentless coercion is not the same as being as of one's own choosing. If up to me I would void ALL student debt as odious.

Christian Liberty
05-10-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm a boomer and I've been fighting against the system that is in place long before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye.

There are too many that do. And there are too many young people who are Marxists. I'm a young person, and I'm not a Marxist. That you are a Boomer doesn't make you "One of them." You're pretty obviously against "Team State" from what I've seen. The same cannot be said for many.

heavenlyboy34
05-10-2013, 03:59 PM
There are too many that do. And there are too many young people who are Marxists. I'm a young person, and I'm not a Marxist. That you are a Boomer doesn't make you "One of them." You're pretty obviously against "Team State" from what I've seen. The same cannot be said for many.
How many young people are seriously Marxists? I doubt many. They likely just accept some of what Marx wrote about. How many young people do you know that have actually read the Communist Manifesto or Marx's assorted other works?

Seraphim
05-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Ron Paul supporters are generally the small % of boomers who don't have their heads up their asses when it comes to viewing reality for what it is.

Outside of the SMALL % who are awake, I truly think the boomers are the most delusional generation that has ever lived.

The delusion has spread to their children but in the form of apathy and extremely deep seeded rage.

Not anger. RAGE. Uncontrollable, seemingly inexplicable rage that is woven into our fabric deeper than I can describe.

I'm telling ya, when the Millenials finally snap it's going to be a fucking shit show. You cannot systematically bankrupt and enslave to debt an entire generation and expect poppies and roses.

This is not hyperbole. Other than the small % who are awake, the Boomers have no fucking clue the mass scale disentegration that is coming (AND SOON).

If you don't believe me please take a look all around the world.

EVERYWHERE it is the Boomers (post WW2 baby flood) that have bankrupted their children and the Millenials (and under 40 crowd) who finally just fucking SNAP.

Egypt. Libya. Greece. England (and far more Euro zone countries to come) - all of these countries pushed their children to the brink and they went fucking ballistic - AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING OVER.

I promise you from the bottom of my heart - the rage will explode. There is nothing you can do. It's too far along. The Bomb is counting down and there is no emergency shut off code.

If you step on the skull of an animal for over an hour, you cannot expect to lift the boot, say sorry and not have the animal snap at you. The moment that pressure is relieved it will run away or attack.

Fear based apathy or rage. These are the two primary responses/conditions of the Millenials.

**I understand that most RPF people are the antithesis to the general Boomer mindset**

dannno
05-10-2013, 05:21 PM

Better to bailout them than the banks.

donnay
05-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Ron Paul supporters are generally the small % of boomers who don't have their heads up their asses when it comes to viewing reality for what it is.

Outside of the SMALL % who are awake, I truly think the boomers are the most delusional generation that has ever lived.

The delusion has spread to their children but in the form of apathy and extremely deep seeded rage.

Not anger. RAGE. Uncontrollable, seemingly inexplicable rage that is woven into our fabric deeper than I can describe.

I'm telling ya, when the Millenials finally snap it's going to be a fucking shit show. You cannot systematically bankrupt and enslave to debt an entire generation and expect poppies and roses.

This is not hyperbole. Other than the small % who are awake, the Boomers have no fucking clue the mass scale disentegration that is coming (AND SOON).

If you don't believe me please take a look all around the world.

EVERYWHERE it is the Boomers (post WW2 baby flood) that have bankrupted their children and the Millenials (and under 40 crowd) who finally just fucking SNAP.

Egypt. Libya. Greece. England (and far more Euro zone countries to come) - all of these countries pushed their children to the brink and they went fucking ballistic - AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING OVER.

I promise you from the bottom of my heart - the rage will explode. There is nothing you can do. It's too far along. The Bomb is counting down and there is no emergency shut off code.

If you step on the skull of an animal for over an hour, you cannot expect to lift the boot, say sorry and not have the animal snap at you. The moment that pressure is relieved it will run away or attack.

Fear based apathy or rage. These are the two primary responses/conditions of the Millenials.

**I understand that most RPF people are the antithesis to the general Boomer mindset**

That sure is a lot of group-thinking in one paragraph. :eek:

I am a boomer too, and like Todd, I having been fighting against it for a very long time. After WWII there was an agenda, in place, to deliberately dumb down the citizens. It really started kicking in, in the 60's.

There are plenty of boomers who are wide awake, that I know. You ought not lump a whole group of people together like that.

Seraphim
05-10-2013, 05:46 PM
You obviously did not read my entire post. In that post alone there are 2 disclaimers that give reps to people just like you.

That sure is a lot of group-thinking in one paragraph. :eek:

I am a boomer too, and like Todd, I having been fighting against it for a very long time. After WWII there was an agenda, in place, to deliberately dumb down the citizens. It really started kicking in, in the 60's.

There are plenty of boomers who are wide awake, that I know. You ought not lump a whole group of people together like that.