PDA

View Full Version : "GOP Senators FAILED on Internet Sales Tax" - by Glenn Jacobs (WWE Kane)

Matt Collins
05-09-2013, 12:34 PM
"GOP Senators FAILED on Internet Sales Tax" - by Glenn Jacobs (WWE's Kane)

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/09/senate-republicans-dropped-the-ball-on-the-internet-tax-mandate/

Aratus
05-09-2013, 12:37 PM
a small firm of less than 25 people has to turn one of their temps into an
INSTA~LAWYER with clipboard and empty forms to access a PayPal account.

jbauer
05-09-2013, 12:47 PM
We're a small business. Thankfully we're under the $1M in annual sales. However, we've had to set up temporary shop in a couple states. It is a pain in the tail to figure out their tax system. There is NO uniformity. It can be different depending on your address in the same town. Every state collects at different times for different thresholds.

Its easily a 1 day process PER location. Now you're talking 44 states, each state, city, county, municipality.........on and on.....

HOLLYWOOD
05-09-2013, 12:55 PM
We're a small business. Thankfully we're under the $1M in annual sales. However, we've had to set up temporary shop in a couple states. It is a pain in the tail to figure out their tax system. There is NO uniformity. It can be different depending on your address in the same town. Every state collects at different times for different thresholds.

Its easily a 1 day process PER location. Now you're talking 44 states, each state, city, county, municipality.........on and on.....^^^^ This is the truth

It's getting incredibly tasking to follow all the tax laws in all the states. Especially when the politicians keep changing the tax laws, time-lines, pre-tax charges, on & on.

It's getting to the point where the government is consuming greater and greater resources, either in your profits(paying others to do your taxes, etc) or your time to comply(doing it yourself).

Horrible bowing to these government tax people that could care less about you/your business... and all they want is your tax payment checks

Matt Collins
05-09-2013, 03:35 PM
We're a small business. Thankfully we're under the $1M in annual sales. May I ask what your take-home (profit) is?

green73
05-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Kane was on the Schiff Show today...

FSP-Rebel
05-09-2013, 04:12 PM
The real question is: does Kane plan on choke-slamming those who voted for this?

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Hey don't worry about the complexity of the tax code. Pretty soon you'll just give all your money to the government and they will give you back just enough food to eat and continue to be a good tax farmer.

Brett85
05-09-2013, 04:24 PM
What state does Glenn live in?

FSP-Rebel
05-09-2013, 04:28 PM
What state does Glenn live in?
TN but I think he has some property in NH as he's a freestater IIRC.

ghengis86
05-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Hey don't worry about the complexity of the tax code. Pretty soon you'll just give all your money to the government and they will give you back just enough food to eat and continue to be a good tax farmer.

That's pretty much the case right now.

But then who will buy their buddies over priced gadgets, financial instruments and other ego inflating junk?

The government of course; they already do

Utopia!

Brett85
05-09-2013, 04:38 PM
TN but I think he has some property in NH as he's a freestater IIRC.

He could run for the Senate against Lamar Alexander, although that would be an uphill battle.

Brian4Liberty
05-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Tweeted:

Senate Republicans dropped the ball on the Internet tax via http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/09/senate-republicans-dropped-the-ball-on-the-internet-tax-mandate/ … #tcot #TeaParty #SquishCaucus #NoNetTax #NoNewTaxes

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/332620765591654400

Humanae Libertas
05-09-2013, 04:50 PM
That's a whole lot of Republicans to primary. RINOs gonna RINO.

Keith and stuff
05-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Here is why so many elected folks support this. It brings in more money to states and expands state governments. Most elected officials want to expand government in a way that will meet little resistance. This seems like such an idea because big business is pushing for it, municipal governments are pushing for it and so on.

Who is resisting? Some of the elected officials from states without sales taxes (see MT, NH and OR) and a few fringe pro-liberty groups, Tea Party groups and some liberty and Tea Party politicians. The establishment Republicans want to expand government and this seems like 1 of the easier routes for them. It's going to be really hard to stop this. IMO, the most likely best case situation is the NH amendment, states without sales taxes (DE, MT, NH, OR) would be except from this, is added to the bill and then it passes. Sen. Ayotte has vowed to continue the fight but it is such an uphill struggle, I'm not sure of the good side will win this one.

The Free Hornet
05-09-2013, 05:47 PM
My employer is $1M plus but we are B2B with most customers out of state and few sales tax considerations. Our in-state customers generally have 'resale' exemptions (which is a small pain in the ass to collect and keep on file for the auditors).

Most orders arrive via email or fax or phone. No "e-commerce per se" (per se...).

STUPID QUESTION #1: Will our out of state customers require exemptions now???

If not...

STUPID QUESTION #2: What's to stop everybody from just doing fax/phone/email orders???

Sure the internet is great but who won't pick up a phone or send a fax to save 5-10%? Few retailers offer explicit e-commerce discounts anyway.

The Free Hornet
05-09-2013, 05:51 PM
STUPID QUESTION #3: The perverse incentive to have businesses under $1M... what's that going to do?

Follow-up: Do our corporate masters really believe that pushing sales to small firms won't bite them in the ass? Why let a bill like this through?

Matt Collins
05-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Kane was on the Schiff Show today...
I know, I'm the one who arranged the interview ;)

Matt Collins
05-09-2013, 08:39 PM
He could run for the Senate against Lamar Alexander, although that would be an uphill battle.Brilliant idea, I'll be sure to recommend that to Glenn :cool: :p

(and it wouldn't be as uphill as you might think, but more on that later :D)