PDA

View Full Version : Cody Wilson's printable gun ordered to be shut down by government

Warlord
05-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Wow, he's on Alex Jones and says the fascist Feds have shut down his website.

god damnit... I was looking forward to making a few for the guys here!

update...

-
On the Thusday, May 9 edition of the Alex Jones Show, 3D printing guru Cody Wilson of Defense Distributed announced that the US Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance, Enforcement Division (DTCC/END) has sent him a letter requesting the group remove all data from public access immediately.

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-3d-printable-gun-ordered-to-shut-down-by-government/

Aratus
05-09-2013, 11:52 AM
his plastic creation is about to be as famous as a civil war era colt revolver or
an allied liberation special that was 2 B cheaply dropped all over Europe in ww2?

torchbearer
05-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Wow, he's on Alex Jones and says the fascist Feds have shut down his website.

god damnit... I was looking forward to making a few for the guys here!

shutting down his website, doesn't mean he can't produce his guns. he can produce them , and then, someone else sell them.

ZENemy
05-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Cody knew this would happen, the file has been downloaded, its now PERMANENT.

Its probably on over 5 Million computers by now.

Natural Citizen
05-09-2013, 11:58 AM
14th amendment should be the premise for discussion if he's on with Jones. It won't be but it should be.

torchbearer
05-09-2013, 12:00 PM
if he moved to louisiana, he could produce and sell his guns free of federal tax or regulation. with state trooper protection.

torchbearer
05-09-2013, 12:01 PM

is there a torrent link for the file?
i may buy a 3d printer and go to work.

Warlord
05-09-2013, 12:01 PM
The Feds are asserting "Information Control" under import/export controls.

Warlord
05-09-2013, 12:12 PM
AJ: "He knew this would happen it's like black folks sitting at lunch counters in the 1950's"

Alex is saying they're asserting authority under language from the UN treaty.

Cody better not waive his rights and submit to their jurisdiction but he's taken the files down for now.

He shouldnt even have done that. Tell them to F off.

jmdrake
05-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Hmmmm.........

http://defcad.org/
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache Server at defcad.org Port 80

Fed shutdown looks like:

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2012/01/megaupload-banner.jpg

DDOS?

Edit: Or maybe his site just couldn't handle the sudden surge of interest the first working 3D printed gun would obviously generate?

donnay
05-09-2013, 12:13 PM

Under the agreements of the UN. :mad:

Aratus
05-09-2013, 12:17 PM
the war in KOREA that broke out in the summer of 1950 became a U.N POLICE ACTION when the ussr walked out of a sec' council meeting

jmdrake
05-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Defcad.org is back up. Parts of it are unreachable. Same "Service Temporarily Unavailable" message. Cody once pulled an April Fools joke where he made it look like his site was seized.

http://www.infowars.com/april-fools-day-joke-feds-seize-3-d-printed-gun-website/

Don't get me wrong. I love the young man and what he's doing. But he shouldn't jerk people around like that. It's unnecessary.

Warlord
05-09-2013, 12:34 PM
No JM. The fascists sent him a letter telling to pull the files or face "criminal charges".

So he did... which he shouldnt have. He should have told them to F off.

But he's complying with the monsters.

He sent AJ the letter. He's breaking it soon on the website.

Warlord
05-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Story is up:

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-3d-printable-gun-ordered-to-shut-down-by-government/

Matt Collins
05-09-2013, 12:35 PM
http://defdist.org/ works

Warlord
05-09-2013, 12:38 PM
DTCC/END is conducting a review of technical data made publicly available by Defense Distributed through its 3D printing website, DEFCAD.org, the majority of which appear to be related to items in Category I of the USML. Defense Distributed may have released ITAR-controlled technical data without required prior authorization from the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), a violation of the ITAR.”

USML stands for United States Munitions List, and ITAR stands for the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.

According to the letter, “Pursuant to § 127.1 of the ITAR it is unlawful to export any defense article or technical data for which a license or written approval is required without first obtaining the required authorization from the DTCC.

Further in the letter, it lists the 3D printable gun files available through DEFCAD.org that the DTCC says violate the ITAR.

“The Department believes Defense Distributed may not have established the proper jurisdiction of the subject technical data. To resolve this matter officially, we request that Defense Distributed submit Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ) determination requests for the following selection of data files available on DEFCAD.org, and any other technical data for which Defense Distributed is unable to determine proper jurisdiction:

1. Defense Distributed Liberator pistol
2. .22 el3ectric
3. 125mm BK-14M high-explosive anti-tank warhead
4. 5.56/.223 muzzle brake
5. Springfield XD-40 tactical slide assembly
6. Sound Moderator – slip on
7. “The Dirty Diane” ½-28 to 3/4-16 STP S3600 oil filter silencer adapter
8. 12 gauge .22 CB sub-caliber insert
9. Voltlock electronic black powder system
10. VZ-58 front sight”

The letter goes on, “Until the Department provides Defense Distributed with final CJ determinations, Defense Distributed should treat the above technical data as ITAR-controlled,” meaning the files must comply with the UN . “This means that all such data should be removed from public access immediately. Defense Distributed should also review the remainder of the data made public on its website to determine whether any additional data may be similarly controlled and proceed according to ITAR requirements.”

Warlord
05-09-2013, 12:39 PM
This UN treaty has NOT been approved by the Senate and is not in effect.

Cody should tell them to F OFF !

Lucille
05-09-2013, 01:00 PM

Yup. Too late.

State Department Demands Takedown Of 3D-Printable Gun Files For Possible Export Control Violations
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/05/09/state-department-demands-takedown-of-3d-printable-gun-for-possible-export-control-violation/

As Wilson hints, that doesn’t mean the government has successfully censored the 3D-printable gun. While Defense Distributed says it will take down the gun’s printable file from Defcad.org, its downloads–100,000 in just the first two days the file was online–were actually being served by Mega, the New Zealand-based storage service created by ex-hacker entrepreneur Kim Dotcom, an outspoken U.S. government critic. It’s not clear whether the file will be taken off Mega’s servers, where it may remain available for download. The blueprint for gun and other Defense Distributed firearm components have also been uploaded several times to the Pirate Bay, the censorship-resistant filesharing site.

ds21089
05-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Was only a matter of time, of course..

shane77m
05-09-2013, 01:04 PM
http://defcad.org/liberator/

Download:

This file has been removed from public access at the request of the US Department of Defense Trade Controls. Until further notice, the United States government claims control of the information.

jbauer
05-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Even if they take his down its not like this is it. The genie is out of the bottle so to speak. The file is online and will be downloaded here there and everywhere. Then someone will make a different file name and bang off it goes again.

better-dead-than-fed
05-09-2013, 01:11 PM
booya!

torchbearer
05-09-2013, 04:13 PM
aaaaaaaaaargh!
http://www.euclidlibrary.org/images/tickle-your-brain/pirate_ship.gif?sfvrsn=0

ghengis86
05-09-2013, 04:24 PM
aaaaaaaaaargh!
http://www.euclidlibrary.org/images/tickle-your-brain/pirate_ship.gif?sfvrsn=0

Well played, sir

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Freedom of speech!

Professor8000
05-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Just pulled the file off of pirate bay.

Gotta love torrents.

WhistlinDave
05-09-2013, 05:32 PM
AJ: "He knew this would happen it's like black folks sitting at lunch counters in the 1950's"

Alex is saying they're asserting authority under language from the UN treaty.

Cody better not waive his rights and submit to their jurisdiction but he's taken the files down for now.

He shouldnt even have done that. Tell them to F off.

Right, but because of this --

He can avoid criminal charges and he still accomplished what he wanted to... Taking down the files is, for now, the best of both worlds. They didn't stop the genie from getting out of the bottle. It's out there and can never be put back in. And he doesn't need to go to jail just to make a point.

I wonder if he could start up again by doing something similar to what they're doing with the online poker in Nevada. If they're claiming he can't "export technical data" controlled by ITAR, then he should start up a site where people can download it after proving they reside in his state, by putting in a name and address, and maybe driver's license# or something else to make it reasonably secure. (And then after download, he should have his server automatically wipe the data in order to protect peoples' privacy.)

This way he can say, "Sorry chumps, no exporting going on; look how I have this set up. Only people in my state can download the data." This would also protect him from any laws regarding guns or technical plans crossing state lines, if any laws like that exist.

pcosmar
05-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Gotta love torrents.
Bububu but the government claims to control that information.

Where are all the "Intellectual Property" folks?
The government just said that it is theirs.

the United States government claims control of the information.

That alone,, should cause everyone to pause and consider. :(

madengr
05-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Here is the torrent. Seed the shit out of it.

http://thepiratebay.sx/search/defcad/0/99/0

Keith and stuff
05-09-2013, 07:01 PM
I really don't understand what Cody did wrong. People are gonna continue to make things. Maybe these printers will make hearts someday.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/21295_550878834955367_437151845_n.jpg

CPUd
05-09-2013, 07:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oHaq3Rc.png

Liberator.zip (2.0 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!HAkxBCrD!XE4CpUndyVETgLOUUEe1P03fZsQuVYBcM8igXha V1Qg

Origanalist
05-09-2013, 08:55 PM

My 'puter said no dice and blocked it. Maybe I need to change my security settings?

fr33
05-09-2013, 09:11 PM
My 'puter said no dice and blocked it. Maybe I need to change my security settings?

Worked for me. I'm not knowledgeable enough to give 'puter advice.

jclay2
05-09-2013, 09:13 PM

reported!

Natural Citizen
05-09-2013, 09:18 PM
This is funny. As if anyone can ever stop the flow of information. It cannot be done.

Expatriate
05-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Threatening him and trying to stifle free sharing of information will only bring it far more attention than it would have otherwise gotten. The power tripping retards are shooting themselves in the foot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8RCQDDsMpU

Expatriate
05-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Cody should write the DTCC/END a sincere letter of thanks for popularizing his design. That would piss them off so bad :p

sailingaway
05-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I was going to post that but I got sidetracked by something. Interestingly the first round of articles were "Pentagon scrubs 3d Gun from web" now it's 'they requested the designer to remove it using legal heat' which I suppose is different, somehow. Pentagon scrubs 3D gun plans from Internet, says designer

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/05/09/dod-forces-3d-gun-printer-defense-distributed-to-pull-weapon-specs-off-website/#ixzz2SpzPXPgc

The Northbreather
05-09-2013, 10:12 PM
zip gun incarnate

fr33
05-10-2013, 01:02 AM
Liberals used to defend the Anarchist Cookbook from the book burners.Today they demand 3-D guns be scrubbed from the net. They are the modern day book burners.

Progressive = Regressive

Neil Desmond
05-10-2013, 01:54 AM
This UN treaty has NOT been approved by the Senate and is not in effect.

Cody should tell them to F OFF !
So what if it has or hasn't been approved by the Senate? Such a thing would be censorship, regardless, which is an infringement of the 1st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (freedom of speech, the press, etc.).

A computer file is nothing but a sequence of numbers (0 and 1); it's what a computer does with it that makes it meaningful and useful to whoever creates or uses it. So basically, it's speech, or "the press" for a website - here's an example of a sequence of 0's & 1's:

Neil Desmond
05-10-2013, 01:57 AM
Freedom of speech!

Bullseye!

Neil Desmond
05-10-2013, 01:59 AM
Liberals used to defend the Anarchist Cookbook from the book burners.Today they demand 3-D guns be scrubbed from the net. They are the modern day book burners.

Progressive = Regressive
Great observation!

Constitutional Paulicy
05-10-2013, 02:23 AM
This has potential but as of now these devices are much too crude. Once the composite material is made to be more durable, it could be a game changer.

Seems the fear mongering over this has to do with the fact they are able to pass through metal detectors at airports.

The Bavarian
05-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Seems the fear mongering over this has to do with the fact they are able to pass through metal detectors at airports.

And the bullets are made out of magic?

Warlord
05-10-2013, 04:47 AM
Hahah the fear stems from that movie... does anyone remember it? He was going to assassinate the president and kept calling and taunting them.

And he used a plastic like gun at an event to do it which he took out and assembled.

I can't remember the name of it.. I think it had John Malkovich as the assassin.

We get all the western videos from a market in Quetta :)

UtahApocalypse
05-10-2013, 04:57 AM
Streisand effect. Those files are now going to be on millions if computers, torrents, and websites hosted where the internet is actually free.

awake
05-10-2013, 05:11 AM
Streisand effect. Those files are now going to be on millions if computers, torrents, and websites hosted where the internet is actually free.

This is the true power of a decentralized internet. It is also a glowing example of the futility of intellectual property; in this case the government playing IP controller for the original authors...lol.

Aratus
05-10-2013, 05:19 AM
http://www.guns.com/2013/05/06/sen-schumer-ban-3d-printed-guns-because-john-malkovich-is-frightening-bad-guy-video/

senator schumer (NY) often watches movies with john malkovich in
the cast and he is turning IN THE LINE OF FIRE into a household word.

Warlord
05-10-2013, 05:23 AM
I knew that's why they were worried.

in the line of fire. Thanks Aratus.

Some of the guys here studied that movie very carefully when we saw the video tape but we couldn't make the damn thing.

Allah praise Cody! All we need to do now is import one of those 3D printers.

Aratus
05-10-2013, 05:36 AM
NEW YORK TIMES EDITORIAL

May 6, 2013, 3:31 pm 58 Comments

Print Your Own Gun

By ANDREW ROSENTHAL

In the 1993 movie “In the Line of Fire,” the deranged would-be assassin played by John Malkovich builds a plastic gun that he smuggles past the metal detectors and into a presidential campaign event to kill the President. Clint Eastwood, thankfully, is on the spot to foil that dastardly plot.

The InVision SR 3-D Printer from 3D SystemsBusiness WireThe InVision SR 3-D Printer from 3D Systems.

Everyone thought the plastic gun idea was fairly amusing. The page for the movie on the Internet Movie Firearms Database – a sort of Wikipedia for cinema guns – take pains to explain why it wouldn’t really work as advertised. But in the firearms business, what can be built will be built (see my post last week on guns for 5-year-olds).

Forbes published an article on Friday about Cody Wilson, a 25-year-old University of Texas law student who set out a short eight months ago to print a plastic gun with a 3-D printer. He succeeded. Now he wants to upload his “Liberator” design to the Internet.

The Forbes article said the only non-printed parts in the gun are the firing pin, a household nail, and a six-ounce chunk of steel to comply with the Undetectable Firearms Act. (It’s illegal to carry a firearm that can evade a metal detector.)

Mr. Wilson seems vaguely aware that his project is dangerous. “You can print a lethal device,” he told Forbes. It’s kind of scary, but that’s what we’re aiming to show.”

Meanwhile, Congressman Steve Israel is trying to get out ahead of the print-your-own-gun industry with a bill to extend the ban on undetectable guns, which also contains new provisions aimed at 3-D printed components.

It seems to me that Mr. Israel’s bill represents a form of gun control that the N.R.A. could actually support. Not because the Constitution remains silent on the question of printers, but because current manufacturers might not love the idea of new technology messing with their bottom line.

cindy25
05-10-2013, 05:46 AM
the number of these printers are so few and the cost would be so high i doubt few, if any, of these guns will actually be made.

they are using this as a test for other info they don't like

Aratus
05-10-2013, 06:04 AM
the new plastic guns that are coming off of the expensive $10,000 printers are basically glorified ZIP GUNS that are very much like all the ones
FDR wanted to put into play all over the THIRD REICH when the O.S.S was trying to connect up with the resistance movements. The NY Times
editorial picks up on the fact that our laws demand that a plastic gun has a chunk of steel being part of it so it does not slip by metal detectors.
way back in 1992 or 1993 that type of gun was exotic & very cutting edge. a typical "saturday night special" from the 1960s has more firepower
and is less likely to tacitly turn into a hand grenade in ones hand when the trigger is pulled. the amount of plastic blurs the line between toys and
actual weapons. Chuck Schumer wants to set up a ways and means of regulating something that Hitler's Gestapo found to be next to impossible.
we are talking about a weapon that needs to be practically in the victim's ribs to ensure 90% odds of a lethal incident. this isn't a Dirty Harry 357!

PaulConventionWV
05-10-2013, 06:46 AM
I wonder how long it will be until these things are actually durable? How many shots will one of these things fire before blowing up in your face or melting?

shane77m
05-10-2013, 06:53 AM
http://www.sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/05/whoa-up-on-defcad-files.html

Looks like Mike over at Sipsey Street will be distributing the file.

Aratus
05-10-2013, 06:56 AM
the bright idea FDR had, with or without a pillow to muffle the sound, was for commando groups and units to use the steel zip gun to put a bullet
into a Nazi sentry's ribs and seize the fully functional professional military weapon, thusly arming up the commando and/or resistance unit. the old
LIBERATOR pistol had a chamber in the handle that could accomidate more than 4 or 5 bullets. it was a zip gun. it was easy to make and it shoots
only one bullet at a time. pieces of the gun were easy to smuggle. a typical plastic $4.oo or $5.oo cap gun on EBAY today looks more threatening
if made in the shape of a 38 than does a classic LIBERATOR pistol. i have put a GIF online here of FDR's zip gun. the wiki page i read says that not
too many of these guns actually were used in europe between 1942 & the war's end in april of 1945. it is a short range gun. its hardly dirty harry.

torchbearer
05-10-2013, 07:23 AM

here is a magnet link your client should be able to use: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c862f0d031e575384acc6bacc2be7d 705666d5bf&dn=DefDist+DEFCAD+MEGA+PACK+v4.2+%28Saito%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80

jtap
05-10-2013, 07:47 AM
the new plastic guns that are coming off of the expensive $10,000 printers are basically glorified ZIP GUNS that are very much like all the ones
FDR wanted to put into play all over the THIRD REICH when the O.S.S was trying to connect up with the resistance movements. The NY Times
editorial picks up on the fact that our laws demand that a plastic gun has a chunk of steel being part of it so it does not slip by metal detectors.
way back in 1992 or 1993 that type of gun was exotic & very cutting edge. a typical "saturday night special" from the 1960s has more firepower
and is less likely to tacitly turn into a hand grenade in ones hand when the trigger is pulled. the amount of plastic blurs the line between toys and
actual weapons. Chuck Schumer wants to set up a ways and means of regulating something that Hitler's Gestapo found to be next to impossible.
we are talking about a weapon that needs to be practically in the victim's ribs to ensure 90% odds of a lethal incident. this isn't a Dirty Harry 357!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

brandon
05-10-2013, 07:48 AM
I haven't really followed the story but Cody Wilson was interviewed in NPR this morning. The interviewer was incredibly rude and asked questions like "So is it your objective to give people the opportunity to kill people?" and talked in a really disgusted voice the whole time.

Several times now I've gotten close to giving NPR a donation and then they do some terrible biased story like this and remind me why I hate them.

brandon
05-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Can someone link to the torrent? I'd like to seed for a few weeks.

torchbearer
05-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Can someone link to the torrent? I'd like to seed for a few weeks.
post #58 is direct link

brandon
05-10-2013, 07:52 AM

Thanks! will do.

Lucille
05-10-2013, 08:14 AM
State Department attacks First and Second Amendments
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2013/05/state-department-attacks-first-and.html

...Keep in mind, this is the very same State Department that sends tanks, jet fighters, and missiles to Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Israel. But the freely distributed plans for a single-shot plastic pistol is somehow considered sufficient cause to justify violating the First and Second Amendments.

Forget Pirate Bay and the thousands of torrents that are already distributing the files, given that the zipfile is only 2 megs, it seems to me that a few patriotic virus programmers should be able to see that they are rapidly distributed to millions of computers around the world regardless of what the State Department has to say about it.

And if they think they've got problems now, just wait until home genetics become as accessible as 3D-printed firearms. It will bring back the old fears of witchcraft; I can imagine that the unauthorized possession of another individual's hair and nail clippings, or at least a government employee's, will becomes a crime.

Warlord
05-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Nobama is an authoritarian tool.

Gee, the liberals must be very disappointed eh?

Just wait until he wants to "update" the spy laws for the FBI.

We've managed to evade them bastards using encrypted satellite and internet communications but they're on to us!

Barrex
05-10-2013, 08:58 AM
..... here's an example of a sequence of 0's & 1's:

Wow smoking hot blonde...

Lucille
05-10-2013, 10:00 AM
http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=53926

The government sure can move fast when they choose to. The fascists immediately realized the power shift if 3D guns could be produced easily by citizens in this country. Too late. The cat is out of the bag. There are enough smart liberty minded people in this country to outwit the witless drones who run this country. A showdown is coming. I hope you are prepared.

US State Department Halts 3-D Gun Production: Demands Removal Of All Online Blueprints
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-09/us-state-department-halts-3-d-gun-production-demands-removal-all-online-blueprints

Three days ago, in an article that looked at the convergence of 3-D printing and the 2nd Amendment, we presented “the Liberator” – the world’s first fully 3-D printed firearm. The name was aptly chosen because courtesy of its creator, 25-year old UofT law student Cody Wilson, and his non-profit group Defense Distributed, its online blueprint and assembly instructions liberated “anyone to be able to download and print a gun with no serial number, in the privacy of their garage” in effect completely circumventing any gun control/distribution laws, background checks and other regulatory hurdles of an increasingly authoritarian government. In fact, we were counting the number of days before some US Federal agency would come knocking on Cody Wilson’s door and involved that other key Amendment – the First, by either “disappearing him” or politely enforcing a permanent Cease and Desist of all production, including, of course, the removal of all online “liberating” blueprints. We didn’t have long to wait – it took just one week.
[...]
However, courtesy of the magic of the internet, taking down his files does nothing for the some 100,000 downloads of the entire blueprint set, distributed among various nodes, and are now held, in one instance, in Kim Dotcom’s offshore New Zealand servers, where not even the long hand of John Kerry can reach. And just as a backup, the files have also been uploaded to the decentralized bittorrent database, Pirate Bay.

More interesting will be whether the PGP case study of anti-Big Brother retaliation applies in the Liberator case. As TechCrunch explains:

According to Forbes’ Andy Greenberg, Wilson sees parallels between his strife and the governments abandoned attempts at censoring military-grade encryption software. In the 1990s inventor Phil Zimmermann released software, PGP, so difficult to crack that it could have permitted malicious actors from hiding information from law enforcement. Wilson believes public pressure ultimately convinced the government to back off of Zimmermann.

It’ll be interesting to see whether the government has any actual power to prevent the propagation of 3-D gun blueprints.

Since the libertarian community is quite adept at bypassing the tyranny of an encroaching despot, it has already made the pre-banned files widely available to anyone who wishes to access them. The links, courtesy of SHTFplan.com, are below:

Pirate Bay torrent download information: http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8449468/Liberator_-_First_3D_Printable_Gun
Or at: http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8444391/DefDist_Liberator_Pistol
ZIP FILE: http://www.fatguyinmontana.com/2013/05/07/defense-distributed-liberator-pistol/
You’ll also need a 3D printer – the Cube 3D printer is available for retail purchase from Staples at a cost of $1299.

Finally, as a warning to those who wish to take the Federal government head on in what appears to be its attempt to regulate decentralized gun creation, SHTFplan also presents the following warning.

An administrator at the DefCad forums posted the following warning regarding the government’s takedown and the current status of The Liberator and 3D firearms based on its plans:

I’ll be bringing in legal authority and FAQ, but for now, if you are not a registered FFL/SOT:

1. DO NOT print a completely polymer firearm capable of firing a bullet (barrel inserts or no), as you will likely create anNFA regulated firearm. Specifically, you will likely create an AOW zip gun.2.

DO NOT print a completely polymer firearm capable of firing a bullet (barrel inserts or no), as you will likely violate the so-called Undetectable Firearms Act.

Not listening to items 1 and 2 means you are on your way to committing a Federal crime. Because of the public profile and interest over this kind of activity at the moment, you WILL be made an example of. You WILL go to federal prison, and you WILL never be able to own a firearm again.

madengr
05-10-2013, 10:55 AM
the number of these printers are so few and the cost would be so high i doubt few, if any, of these guns will actually be made.

they are using this as a test for other info they don't like

Real stereolith printers are dropping in price, although the build volume on this is not great, I may get one now to spite TPTB:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/formlabs/form-1-an-affordable-professional-3d-printer?ref=live

better-dead-than-fed
05-10-2013, 11:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/74GYeY2.png

better-dead-than-fed
05-14-2013, 07:59 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to print guns. I think the world would be a better place without guns.

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/333095510355365888 (Kim Dotcom)

YouTube has removed The Liberator video for copyright infringement. Add the Feds and Kim, and last week officially didn't happen.

https://twitter.com/Radomysisky/status/334478390037995520 (Cody Wilson)

QuickZ06
05-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Kim has a lot to learn. Did he not have armed security when they raided his place?

fr33
05-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Kim has a lot to learn. Did he not have armed security when they raided his place?

I'm fairly certain that I've seen that fatass holding firearms in pictures. So disappointing that he would say that.

Warlord
05-15-2013, 03:34 AM
I'm fairly certain that I've seen that fatass holding firearms in pictures. So disappointing that he would say that.

If that fat pig can't make money out of it he's not interested.

Hardly a surprise.

Go Cody! We're still with you! We hope to order 5 printing machines very soon!

luctor-et-emergo
05-15-2013, 03:38 AM
http://cdn.3news.co.nz/3news/AM/0-Articles/240456/kim-dotcom-gun_730.jpg

talkingpointes
05-15-2013, 03:45 AM
I have a copy if anyone wants it. I think it's 22mb, I can send at 3mb a second on my home line.

QuickZ06
05-15-2013, 03:45 AM
http://cdn.3news.co.nz/3news/AM/0-Articles/240456/kim-dotcom-gun_730.jpg

MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!

better-dead-than-fed
05-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Is it still on Pirate Bay? I thought Pirate Bay content was distributed and impossible to censor. Was I wrong?

better-dead-than-fed
09-29-2013, 01:14 AM
"Cody Wilson's armed for a free speech battle":

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/cody-wilson-itar-state-department-liberator-supreme-court-gun-control/

Wilson and the other members of Defense Distributed's loose core of volunteers did everything they could to ensure their weapons obeyed U.S. gun laws.... But they clearly never expected the legality of their operation could hinge on international trade laws....

Wilson, the former law student, is well aware of the legal battle his case might begin. "In the past it's arms exporters who've tried to throw up defenses," he says.... "There's real tension between a regulatory apparatus that defines all guns to be military, and this separate definition of guns as speech."...

There's no exact precedent for the Defense Distributed case. But for three years in the 1990s, the State Department conducted a criminal investigation into a programmer named Philip Zimmerman, who'd released his military-grade encryption software, Pretty Good Privacy (PGP), for free over the Internet. Advanced cryptographic software, like the schematics for Wilson's weapons, was regulated under ITAR.

Cvil liberties advocates rallied around Zimmerman, furious that, as Forbes's Andy Greenberg put it, "PGP’s inventor was being treated as if he were selling bombs or missiles to a foreign regime when he had simply put a powerful piece of privacy software on the Internet." In 1996, the government abruptly dropped the case without explanation, though many believed the public's outrage played a key role....

When a decision finally arrives, the punishment could be severe. Civil penalties can include fines of up to $1 million and 10 years in jail, and each export is a separate violation, meaning penalties add up fast....