PDA

View Full Version : Why I’m Joining the Open Carry March on Washington D.C.

green73
05-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Frankly folks, things are not getting any better; we all know that. Despite elections, education, and the amazing access to information that mankind has, his tendencies remain largely the same.

History shows us that peoples of the past that were on the path we are on now, meet disaster of unspeakable levels, leading to the deaths of millions of people. I fear the only differences between our society and such societies of the past, are that nobody ever had the centralized political, military, and economic, power that the US government has today, nor the technology. Given the expansive influence and the modern weaponry involved, this is shaping up to be something the likes of which mankind has never seen, and it could be happening, in my opinion, at any minute. Perhaps, it could even result in the extinction of the human race, in the all-too-possible deployment of a biological weapon, be it intentional or accidental.

I cannot in good conscience allow that to happen while there are brave enough men to stand with me against it, and still more men who might be inspired to bravery by our actions. I cannot continue to live in this society unless I am content that I am doing everything within my means to solve this problem commonly known as the State.

I have seen enough violence in my life to know that I don’t want anymore. So it is my intention to make a bold, but peaceful statement. That statement is “Should you see fit to continue antagonizing me and people I care about, a time will come when this is not peaceful.” As you’ve surely heard, nearly 3 in 10 Americans feel the same way, even if for different reasons. That message doesn’t make quite the same point in text or video that it does in the form of a thousand armed men marching towards danger.

This demonstration serves several other purposes.

To show people the violent and arbitrary nature of the State. It should seem insane to right-thinking people that armed men on one side of an imaginary line are within the law, but being on the other side of the line causes them to fear being fired upon even while their weapons are slung over their backs, a threat to nobody.

To encourage others to stand up to the bully. Countless people have said “I would do it if you had more people,” but of course, we never get more people if a small group doesn’t break down the barrier. If a thousand go this year, I hope to have 10,000 next year, and a hundred thousand the year after that, and a million the year after that. Perhaps someday, a large enough group of men are inspired such that we can actually make these cowards fear for their lives the next time they decide to threaten ours on CSPAN.

I have every expectation that the demonstration, should it happen at all, will result in nothing worse than felony arrests, and time in prison, and certainly, this is bad enough. There is a possibility that they will attempt to kill us, and if they do, then you should all know that you will not be far behind, nor would you be if we had simply stayed home that day. If they are willing to kill us in two months, then that decision was made well before we arrived, and the decision would have been made even if we hadn’t shown up. Let this be your barometer as to the depravity of the men who claim to be your leaders. The State demands obedience and it threatens violence against all who disobey. If you seek to be free, you must disobey. That is what free men do when ordered to do something against their will. A man is only free if he acts according to his own will.

All legislative, educational, and for lack of a better term “weak” civil disobedience has failed to turn back the tide in the slightest. It has served only as a distraction from the fact that aggressors will continue to violate peaceful people so long as peaceful people will not stop them by force.

We went from “Dictatorship to Democracy” nearly 240 years ago, and it hasn’t worked out so well. In fact, I’d go back to 18th Century British Rule over this government in a heartbeat. Rather than go back, I think the best hope of men who wish to be free is to concentrate geographically in efforts like the Free State Project, Lone Star Libertopia, or Blue Ridge liberty project. Once we are geographically concentrated, we can work on making peaceful living the norm, and eventually ejecting people from those territories who demand violence be the rule rather than the exception. But even if those efforts are successful, a time must come when they separate themselves from the United States, and the last time that happened there was a civil war. If men are not ready, even mentally to fight that war, then all hope is lost. I hope this stand will help people prepare for that inevitable conflict, whatever its outcome.

I hope more brave men will come stand with us, before it is too late.

http://www.copblock.org/31103/why-im-joining-the-open-carry-march-on-washington-dc/

shane77m
05-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Good read.

VoluntaryAmerican
05-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Good for him, glad someone is stepping up.

unknown
05-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Steel, as in balls of.

torchbearer
05-16-2013, 05:05 PM
man of steel

Czolgosz
05-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Opening paragraph says everything one should understand.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2013, 05:33 PM
History shows us that peoples of the past that were on the path we are on now, meet disaster of unspeakable levels, leading to the deaths of millions of people. I fear the only differences between our society and such societies of the past, are that nobody ever had the centralized political, military, and economic, power that the US government has today, nor the technology. Given the expansive influence and the modern weaponry involved, this is shaping up to be something the likes of which mankind has never seen, and it could be happening, in my opinion, at any minute. Perhaps, it could even result in the extinction of the human race, in the all-too-possible deployment of a biological weapon, be it intentional or accidental.

Read my mind...

Anti Federalist
05-17-2013, 04:23 AM
bump for the morning

Petar
05-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Frankly folks, things are not getting any better; we all know that. Despite elections, education, and the amazing access to information that mankind has, his tendencies remain largely the same.

I feel that the premise is faulty.

chudrockz
05-17-2013, 05:01 AM
I feel that the premise is faulty.

How so? Granted it's early in the morning, but I feel that it's spot-on.

Petar
05-17-2013, 05:04 AM
How so? Granted it's early in the morning, but I feel that it's spot-on.

My feeling is that the liberty movement is making great strides through the political process.

Also, I think that the internet is turning the establishment upside down.

I realize that it can all explode, but I feel that a reckless march could be the very thing to spark it.

Pericles
05-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I sympathize with the march and wish it every success. I can only hope that it was being better planned and more thought given to how to conduct the event and the resulting contingencies.

Czolgosz
05-17-2013, 09:43 AM
My feeling is that the liberty movement is making great strides through the political process.

Also, I think that the internet is turning the establishment upside down.

I realize that it can all explode, but I feel that a reckless march could be the very thing to spark it.

I'm surprised the free internet has lasted this long.

It'll be locked down in a matter of time, and the "movement" will return to it's 10% status quo.

erowe1
05-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Has anybody on these forums said they plan on going?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-17-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm surprised the free internet has lasted this long.

It'll be locked down in a matter of time, and the "movement" will return to it's 10% status quo.

It's a friggin data bonanza. It'd be like disconnecting a phone call they're listening in on.

Anti Federalist
05-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Has anybody on these forums said they plan on going?

Yes, a few...I'll let them speak up for themselves.

I'm on the fence, I'd have to lose two weeks of work to appear, and I'm not really in a position to do that right now, but I might be able to get my relief to cover for me for a few days.

erowe1
05-17-2013, 10:31 AM
That's good news. I hadn't seen anyone say that. I hope it's a noticeable group of people. If it's as large as 1,000, like the OP hopes, I think that would be really powerful.

shane77m
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM
My wife said I could go if only take our camera. :( Logistically though it won't be possible for me to go anyways. Wish I could. This should be a historic event.

Anti Federalist
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM

I wish I could agree.

Granted, there have been some victories around the edges, but, these facts remain:

The Unitary Executive has declared that he has, or his assignees, have the authority to grab a US citizen, on US soil, whisk them off to parts unknown, torture and summarily execute them by military tribunal, with no rights or protections afforded and all on his say so alone.

The Military Executive has declared it has the right to intervene, without congressional or presidential approval, and use the military forces of this country against US citizens, on US soil, that, again by their own definition and say so, are engaged in "insurrection".

The Security Executive has announced, without equivocation or hesitation, that his branch is monitoring and recording ALL forms of electronic communications of US citizens on US soil.

Just because there are not tanks in the streets or mass graves on the highway, yet, does not negate the fact that we are living in a tyrannical, police state.

I don't see the point in jerking ourselves off, in a political system that is wholly owned and controlled by the people mentioned above.

I had a series of PMs last night from somebody very politically active who was just besides themselves over what the system had done to them to destroy their chances.

I'm not going to say anymore than that, because it is private information, but it's not the first time either.

This system is set up in such a way that it knows exactly when a "freedom terrorist" pops up, and how to counter it.

We are not going to regain any semblance of freedom inside a system controlled voting booth.

Petar
05-17-2013, 11:06 AM
It all seems like a bizarre duality to me.

On one hand you have this unprecedented tyrannical empire rapidly approaching its zenith, but the whole thing is getting ready to collapse at the very same time.

All I know for sure is that I want whatever transformation that occurs to go as smoothly as possible, with as little death as possibly, hopefully avoiding genocide, and hopefully avoiding another dark ages.

As members of Western Civilization, I think that we sometimes suffer from a bit of a Romantic notion concerning the concept of self-sacrifice, which I think can be very counter-productive at times.

I think that the "Beast" that we are opposing is aware of this, and I think that it will use that as a way to lure us into certain battles that we really should not be engaging in at this time.

I don't trust Adam Kokesh at all, I don't trust the feds, and all I can see is a trap in this case.

I'm not going to bash people with good intentions who want to participate though.

I guess I just hope for the best in any event.

Anti Federalist
05-17-2013, 11:15 AM
It all seems like a bizarre duality to me.

On one hand you have this unprecedented tyrannical empire rapidly approaching its zenith, but the whole thing is getting ready to collapse at the very same time.

All I know for sure is that I want whatever transformation that occurs to go as smoothly as possible, with as little death as possibly, hopefully avoiding genocide, and hopefully avoiding another dark ages.

As do I. My hope is the whole thing just collapses of its own weight into a pile of nothing, like the USSR did, with a minimum of fuss and bloodshed.

But for that to happen, people have to be willing to push it over the edge and onto the "scrap heap of history".

Our current situation is untenable and cannot be allowed to last and what will emerge will be vastly different from what is now, and I'm not sure people are willing to accept that.

I'm not going to bash people with good intentions who want to participate though.

I guess I just hope for the best in any event.

And in spite of what some people may think, I try my very best to do them same, and hell, still actively support efforts in the "political world".

That's all any of us can do.

We're in a nine line bind right now, and no fooling.

osan
05-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Article reads eerily similar to my own ravings. He can't be all bad.

Did you see the comments? I liked the one about using the 85% lowers.

Petar
05-17-2013, 11:39 AM
As do I. My hope is the whole thing just collapses of its own weight into a pile of nothing, like the USSR did, with a minimum of fuss and bloodshed.

But for that to happen, people have to be willing to push it over the edge and onto the "scrap heap of history".

The USSR unleashed a lot of hell on its population before it ever got around to collapsing economically.

The USA has a lot of hell that it is just waiting to unleash in the right wrong circumstances.

The economic collapse will come, but I just believe that we need to keep our heads somewhat low during the meantime.

Our current situation is untenable and cannot be allowed to last and what will emerge will be vastly different from what is now, and I'm not sure people are willing to accept that.

And in spite of what some people may think, I try my very best to do them same, and hell, still actively support efforts in the "political world".

That's all any of us can do.

We're in a nine line bind right now, and no fooling.

Basically I just think that people should stay far away from anything that might provoke an armed response from the feds.

I mean it's not like the feds might not likely be bringing it to patriots' doors one day anyway.

The difference then would be a lack of public support.

It's all about public support, the feds will only ever successfully round up the patriots if they have a way to do it with public support.

TruckinMike
05-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Article reads eerily similar to my own ravings. He can't be all bad.

Did you see the comments? I liked the one about using the 85% lowers.

Or how about carrying one of these...$145 non-firing 1873 yellow boy

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410f5TIzMwL._SS500_.jpg

talkingpointes
05-17-2013, 04:17 PM
A voice of reason, for the detractors. It's sort of funny too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2kFecmHtw

tangent4ronpaul
05-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Looks like signups have slowed down. The latest article on it was 3 days ago, so this might not happen. Adam said it wouldn't happen unless at least 10,000 signed up. Then later he said it was a definite go.
Going: 4,307
Maybe: 3,830
Invited: 84.413

-t

LibertyEagle
05-17-2013, 07:13 PM
I wish I could agree.

Granted, there have been some victories around the edges, but, these facts remain:

The Unitary Executive has declared that he has, or his assignees, have the authority to grab a US citizen, on US soil, whisk them off to parts unknown, torture and summarily execute them by military tribunal, with no rights or protections afforded and all on his say so alone.

The Military Executive has declared it has the right to intervene, without congressional or presidential approval, and use the military forces of this country against US citizens, on US soil, that, again by their own definition and say so, are engaged in "insurrection".

The Security Executive has announced, without equivocation or hesitation, that his branch is monitoring and recording ALL forms of electronic communications of US citizens on US soil.

Just because there are not tanks in the streets or mass graves on the highway, yet, does not negate the fact that we are living in a tyrannical, police state.

I don't see the point in jerking ourselves off, in a political system that is wholly owned and controlled by the people mentioned above.

I had a series of PMs last night from somebody very politically active who was just besides themselves over what the system had done to them to destroy their chances.

I'm not going to say anymore than that, because it is private information, but it's not the first time either.

This system is set up in such a way that it knows exactly when a "freedom terrorist" pops up, and how to counter it.

We are not going to regain any semblance of freedom inside a system controlled voting booth.

People have been saying the same thing for decades upon decades. Sometimes I wonder what could have been if many of those same people hadn't thrown in the towel and would have instead tried twice as hard.

Anti Federalist
05-17-2013, 09:21 PM
People have been saying the same thing for decades upon decades. Sometimes I wonder what could have been if many of those same people hadn't thrown in the towel and would have instead tried twice as hard.

You're assuming something that is not a fact.

That I have "thrown in the towel".

If I had thrown in the towel, I wouldn't even be here right now.

I'd be off drinking beer, feet propped up, watching the ball game or drooling over some celebrity's tits and not giving two shits about any of this, like most people.

shane77m
05-17-2013, 09:38 PM
You're assuming something that is not a fact.

That I have "thrown in the towel".

If I had thrown in the towel, I wouldn't even be here right now.

I'd be off drinking beer, feet propped up, watching the ball game or drooling over some celebrity's tits and not giving two shits about any of this, like most people.

Don't forget about watching American Idol and Honey Boo Boo and worrying about the newest iPhone release.

bolil
05-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Green, did you write that article? I'll be witnessing this event because, well, certain things should not be taken second hand...

LibertyEagle
05-17-2013, 10:24 PM
It sounds like Carol thinks we need a whole lot more stepping up to the plate and a whole lot less commiserating.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/2ccf854eb247e92061cbeb06e44f44d3/tumblr_mmxbdalYtm1rxf7n9o1_500.jpg

paulbot24
05-17-2013, 10:30 PM
The Pauls are the only way I could ever get excited about the possibilities of human cloning.

tangent4ronpaul
05-17-2013, 10:31 PM
What kind of an organization do we have left? - not much.

Some individuals and organizations have lists, but they don't want to share.
Meetups are dropping like flies.
Facebook is a disaster
It's gotten a lot slower here and on DP
There isn't enough communication and momentum to get effective projects started like there used to be.

-t

Anti Federalist
05-17-2013, 10:41 PM
It sounds like Carol thinks we need a whole lot more stepping up to the plate and a whole lot less commiserating.

Seems to me, that is exactly what Adam is doing here.

Stepping up to the plate and making a stand for freedom at enormous personal risk to himself.

I can't think of anything more "proactive".

Yet to hear some folks around here, he's everything from a dumb ass to a CIA spook.

SMDH...

Miguel
05-17-2013, 10:46 PM
ATTENTION ALL IDIOTS, go to Washington D.C. with loaded firearms to get arrested, pay fines, pay court cost's, pay Legal fees, spend time (2-10 years) in prison. All that & hope you don't get shot by DC police. Don't worry Adam is looking out for you

TheTexan
05-17-2013, 11:18 PM

lol this joke cracks me up everytime

LibertyEagle
05-17-2013, 11:21 PM
Seems to me, that is exactly what Adam is doing here.

Stepping up to the plate and making a stand for freedom at enormous personal risk to himself.

I can't think of anything more "proactive".

Yet to hear some folks around here, he's everything from a dumb ass to a CIA spook.

SMDH...

Well, you and I are of different opinions on that, but to each their own.

But, it's not about what Adam is doing, it is about what WE can do. I think that is what Carol is talking about.

LibertyEagle
05-17-2013, 11:22 PM
lol this joke cracks me up everytime

So, what are your suggestions and what are you doing to help?

Anti Federalist
05-17-2013, 11:23 PM
ATTENTION ALL IDIOTS, go to Washington D.C. with loaded firearms to get arrested, pay fines, pay court cost's, pay Legal fees, spend time (2-10 years) in prison. All that & hope you don't get shot by DC police. Don't worry Adam is looking out for you

You got a better fucking suggestion than a drive post that calls some brave ass men, idiots?

Anti Federalist
05-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Well, you and I are of different opinions on that, but to each their own.

But, it's not about what Adam is doing, it is about what WE can do. I think that is what Carol is talking about.

Yes, Adam is "we".

I am "we".

You are "we".

bmx042 is "we".

"We" are all doing what we can, including a few "we" here that plan on attending that function.

"We're" trying, some more than others, sure.

But "we" are leaps and bounds ahead of 80 to 90 percent of the population that doesn't give a frog's fat ass about any of this.

TheTexan
05-17-2013, 11:53 PM
So, what are your suggestions and what are you doing to help?

On a larger scale, I would recommend secession & FSP (or FSP like projects) as a solution.

On an individual level, there's really only a few things I can recommend:
1) Spread the word for liberty
2) Become an activist for secession (this can include participating in the political system)
3) Reduce your reliance on the system
4) Prepare yourself for any challenges we might face ahead
5) Prepare yourself mentally for the sacrifices you're willing to make for freedom

All of these are very important things that an individual can do. If we are to ever conquer the system's control over us, we must first conquer our reliance on it. That means food, water, shelter, ammo, gold. When - not if - the system either collapses into chaos, or the Federal Government decides to threaten aggression upon us, we need to be prepared for that. We must be ready & willing to seize opportunity when it presents itself.

I'm still hoping for a peaceful secession. But it's not looking likely, so get your preps.

Pericles
05-18-2013, 12:07 AM

I will not be critical of those who are doing something and taking a risk for freedom as I agree with the goals of the event. Why not improve on the plan that has been put forth.

You might just impress everyone concerned with your brilliance, that your suggestions could be adopted, although I wouldn't bet $20 (even in FRN) on it.

Philhelm
05-18-2013, 12:59 AM

What if they decide that they do not want to be arrested that day...?

John F Kennedy III
05-18-2013, 03:21 AM
I forgot to mention I'm going to be at this march. Not in it though.

whippoorwill
05-18-2013, 07:24 AM
That message doesn’t make quite the same point in text or video that it does in the form of a thousand armed men marching towards danger.

yep.

speciallyblend
05-18-2013, 08:39 AM

thank you for going. I stand with adam kokesh on this. Please take video and post. I lack funds to attend thisevent ortake off work. I applaud you for going and everyone going. I have 0 respect for anyone attacking adam or the march unless they have something positive to contribute instead of bitching about someone taking action, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O7sE1f8NA8<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O7sE1f8NA8">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O7sE1f8NA8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O7sE1f8NA8) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7O-x6Bgqg<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7O-x6Bgqg">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7O-x6Bgqg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7O-x6Bgqg)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1IYfiDcaY<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1IYfiDcaY">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1IYfiDcaY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1IYfiDcaY)

erowe1
05-18-2013, 08:45 AM

If the way you describe it is how it ends up going down, at least provided there's a good number of people, then these people will be true patriots and heroes, and this moment will be a crucial moment in history. This by itself would cover over everything I've ever complained about Adam doing before.

speciallyblend
05-18-2013, 08:57 AM
If the way you describe it is how it ends up going down, at least provided there's a good number of people, then these people will be true patriots and heroes, and this moment will be a crucial moment in history. This by itself would cover over everything I've ever complained about Adam doing before.
nice, I think this songs explains it all. Would be Priceless if they had this song on repeat during march/protest. classic, lyrics below link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMZkF8JDuk<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMZkF8JDuk">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMZkF8JDuk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMZkF8JDuk)

Lyrics:
Too many slaves in this world
Die by torture and pain
Too many people do not see
They're killing themselves - going insane

Too many people do not know
Bondage is over the human race
They believe slaves always lose
And this fear keeps them down

Watch the damned (God bless ya)
They're gonna break their chains (hey)
No, you can't stop them (God bless ya)
They're coming to get you
And then you'll get your

Balls to the wall, man
Balls to the wall
You'll get your balls to the wall, man
Balls to the wall - balls to the wall

You may screw their brains
You may sacrifice them, too
You may mortify their flesh
You may rape them all

One day the tortured stand up
And revolt against the evil
They make you drink your blood
And tear yourself to pieces

You better watch the damned (God bless ya)
And then you'll get your

Balls to the wall, man
Balls to the wall
You'll get your balls to the wall, man
Balls to the wall - balls to the wall

Come on man, let's stand up all over the world
Let's plug a bomb in everyone's arse
If they don't keep us alive - we're gonna fight for the right

Build a wall with the bodies of the dead - and you're saved
Make the world scared - come on, show me the sign of victory
Sign of victory - sign of victory

You better watch the damned (God bless ya)
And then you'll get your

Balls to the wall, man
Balls to the wall

Anti Federalist
05-18-2013, 10:02 AM

Observing and recording I hope.

Anti Federalist
05-18-2013, 10:04 AM

That's pretty much how I see it.

Who knows what will happen at this point anyway?

Maybe what you say will happen.

Maybe nobody will show up.

Maybe there will just be a bunch of quiet arrests.

But I'm willing to support the idea and see what shakes loose.

MelissaWV
05-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Observing and recording I hope.

And (no I'm not being snarky) a conduit for bail money.

Anti Federalist
05-18-2013, 10:23 AM
And (no I'm not being snarky) a conduit for bail money.

At a quick read, I wouldn't think that snarky either.

To a good friend here who is planning on attending, I made that offer myself.

Lawyers, guns and money. ;)

erowe1
05-18-2013, 12:38 PM
At a quick read, I wouldn't think that snarky either.

To a good friend here who is planning on attending, I made that offer myself.

Lawyers, guns and money. ;)

A chip-in for that purpose would be great. I wouldn't donate unless I knew the real name of who was doing it and trusted them. But if I did, I'd donate.

Miguel
05-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Shay's Rebellion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZE0FC_P3h8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shays%27_Rebellion

Miguel
05-18-2013, 04:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_District_of_Columbia

MelissaWV
05-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Oops. Might need that bail money fund sooner.