PDA

View Full Version : Cop Shoots Pregnant Woman in Face After She Calls 911 For Help

green73
05-09-2013, 07:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WicVcag5IYw
http://youtu.be/WicVcag5IYw

AGAWAM, Mass. (WGGB) – One year after being accidentally shot in the face Britteney Miles shares her story.

On May 5, 2012, the Agawam resident called 911 after she thought someone was breaking into her apartment. It turned out to be her boyfriend.

“If I had known it was my boyfriend I would have never called the cops. I would have went to the front door and opened it,” said Miles.

Miles was shot as she was at the door to meet the police.

“I walked over to open the door and before I could get my door open, she fired her gun and it went through the door and hit me in the face,” said Miles.

She was pregnant and holding her two-year-old daughter at the time. She didn’t know she was shot until an officer told her what happened.

“They had me laying on the ground and I was still bleeding,” said Miles.

The whole time she adds the focus was on her children.

“I was afraid they were gonna go to DSS or a foster home and I was gonna die and my kids aren’t gonna know what happened to me,” said Miles.

Britteney has scars on her chin and neck. She is still in pain and worries about going out in public.

“Anything could go wrong, any moment and it makes if difficult to be out doing things,” said Miles.

The officer who shot her was Danielle Petrangelo. She was cleared by the District Attorney of any criminal wrong doing, but is no longer with the department.

Miles may testify at a jobs status hearing for the former officer in October.

Meantime, her attorney Bruce Milikian is reviewing the police findings and medical reports to determine if civil action should be taken.

“In this particular case, while there was no criminal wrong doing, doesn’t mean there wasn’t wrongdoing,” said Milikian

For Miles, every day is astruggle as her anxiety continues to get worse and the pain is a constant reminder of that terrifying morning. “Anything could go wrong at any moment and it makes it difficult to be out doing things,” she says.

A hearing is set for October for Officer Petrngelo to determine her job status. Miles may be testifying about what happened during the shooting.

We reached out to the Agawam Police Department for comment, but have not heard back.

http://www.wggb.com/2013/05/06/tonight-on-abc40-agawam-shooting-victim-shares-her-story/

via
http://www.copblock.org/31139/whty-cops-should-not-shoot-unarmed-people/

better-dead-than-fed
05-09-2013, 08:06 AM
The officer who shot her ... was cleared by the District Attorney of any criminal wrong doing......

donnay
05-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Lesson of the day...

Never call the cops!

paulbot24
05-09-2013, 09:37 AM
“If I had known it was my boyfriend I would have never called the cops. I would have went to the front door and opened it,” said Miles.

Yeah, we were actually giving him the benefit of the doubt too lady. Nice to know things aren't that bad with the two of you.

aGameOfThrones
05-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Preemptive shot.

KingNothing
05-09-2013, 11:38 AM
whoops! sorry for accidentally shooting you in the face, pregnant lady!

jtap
05-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Wow...they actually fired the officer. Amazing.

They said it wasn't the first misstep of the officer; I wonder how many before the firing? Comforting to know the officer is trying to get their job back. :confused:

jllundqu
05-09-2013, 12:17 PM
I would like to know why the hell they shot through the fucking door! That goes against all firearms training... I don't care what department you work for! You positively ID your target before squeezing the trigger. Firing through a door was either a negligent discharge or criminal cops with ichty trigger fingers. Either way, this woman should SUE SUE SUE for millions she is owed.

Thor
05-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Lesson of the day...

Never call the cops!

Wait, I think I have heard that before... somewhere. Just can't put my finger on it. :D

unknown
05-16-2013, 04:42 PM
WOW

tod evans
05-16-2013, 04:52 PM
DA declined to prosecute....

Add another one to the disembowelment list...:mad:

Henry Rogue
05-16-2013, 06:09 PM
If there is one segment of the population that probably should be disarmed, it is LE. To many incidence of the spray and pray method of target acquisition.