PDA

View Full Version : How many people would see the blimp?

James R
11-25-2007, 05:27 PM
How many? I want to know because I'm considering donating for the blimp.

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 05:39 PM
How many? I want to know because I'm considering donating for the blimp.
In what way are you asking? The millions all along the east coast as it travels around, or the millions that will see it nationally in print media, or the millions that will see it on national news programs, or the millions that will see it on ESPN sporting events?:)

llamabread
11-25-2007, 06:00 PM
I've been saying the whole time that the best media attention we will get will be local news stations covering it. Wherever the blimp goes, the local news will undoubtedly cover it. And the best part is that the demographic that watches the local news every night is also one that probably hasn't heard of Ron Paul yet.

Austin
11-25-2007, 06:01 PM
I've been saying the whole time that the best media attention we will get will be local news stations covering it. Wherever the blimp goes, the local news will undoubtedly cover it. And the best part is that the demographic that watches the local news every night is also one that probably hasn't heard of Ron Paul yet.

The more the blimp is discussed, the more I like the idea.

Midnight77
11-25-2007, 06:08 PM
It's not just the people who will see it in person. It's also the Media Coverage resulting from it, keep in mind. We have got to get it there in New York City, for New Year's.

James R
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM
In what way are you asking? The millions all along the east coast as it travels around, or the millions that will see it nationally in print media, or the millions that will see it on national news programs, or the millions that will see it on ESPN sporting events?:)

1. How many will see the blimp itself? Is your "millions" a guess or is it a fact-based estimate? Sounds like a guess to me.

2. How many will see it due to local media? If you have not personally contacted local media reporters you don't really know if they would be interested.

3. How many will see it due to national media? Again, unless you have contacted national media outlets you don't really know if they would be interested in reporting it.

These answers are really needed, and I'm disappointed the research has not been done before jumping off the diving board. The blimp guys need to actually need to put a few hours of research into what the blimp will actually accomplish before I'm going to put my hard-earned money into it. Sounds great, but now I want some evidence.

T206
11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
1. How many will see the blimp itself? Is your "millions" a guess or is it a fact-based estimate? Sounds like a guess to me.

2. How many will see it due to local media? If you have not personally contacted local media reporters you don't really know if they would be interested.

3. How many will see it due to national media? Again, unless you have contacted national media outlets you don't really know if they would be interested in reporting it.

These answers are really needed, and I'm disappointed the research has not been done before jumping off the diving board. The blimp guys need to actually need to put a few hours of research into what the blimp will actually accomplish before I'm going to put my hard-earned money into it. Sounds great, but now I want some evidence.

THANK YOU!
The amazing enthusiasm for this idea really seems to be blurring reality, let me add to the list of things Id like to see answered:

1. I've already seen blimp rides "awarded" to two individuals, how is this possible?

2. The original plan was that it was going to cost $350k, since then Ive seen that you are adding a team of paid employees to manage the program, a truck with search lights, and possible remote control blimps to follow it? How does this stay within the original amount you are requesting to be donated?

3. The questions about flying over the Super Bowl and Times Square for New Years were answered immediately with "Yes" which makes it obvious that no thought could have been conisdered to how tightly controled that air space is.

4. Are we sure that none of these donations are taking away from the official campaign?

Thesre are a few of my issues...my biggest one though is that this unbridled enthusiasm can have some serious negative impacts on the campaign as a whole. Did anyone stop to think what happens if/when this project doesnt get off the ground? Now every good idea after it will be second guessed, and it will be a big let down taking the wind out of the sails for a lot of other good projects.

Not saying this is a good or bad idea, Im still on the fence about that, but I do believe that the execution thus far could be much better.

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
[Admin note = off topic post removed ]

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Yea all with such limited dreams, the funds are unlimited period. All one has to do is get it out of the pockets, those that don't like the blimp, put out with your superior fund raising events or shut up on people that are doing something. Such negative waves.
http://www.amachron.com/kellys_heroes.htm

http://www.amachron.com/ODDBALL_SAYS.jpg

T206
11-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Yea all with such limited dreams, the funds are unlimited period. All one has to do is get it out of the pockets, those that don't like the blimp, put out with your superior fund raising events or shut up on people that are doing something. Such negative waves.

Look, my comments are not negative, period. They are well intentioned questions that need to be answered to show a little validity to the project. Like I said, it seems like a decent idea, and not everyone is capable of coming up with ideas all day. If all of us only came up with ideas, then there would be nobody to execute or do whatever else. Sorry if it might hurt to hear these questions, but healthy discussion needs to be had to filter out bad ideas, and eliminate possible issues before they become actual issues.

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Look, my comments are not negative, period. They are well intentioned questions that need to be answered to show a little validity to the project. Like I said, it seems like a decent idea, and not everyone is capable of coming up with ideas all day. If all of us only came up with ideas, then there would be nobody to execute or do whatever else. Sorry if it might hurt to hear these questions, but healthy discussion needs to be had to filter out bad ideas, and eliminate possible issues before they become actual issues.

I think he was referring to Matt's juvenile quest to spam "the blimp is a bad idea" over 200 times in a 2 day period in more than 30 threads. He's almost there.

T206
11-25-2007, 07:46 PM
I think he was referring to Matt's juvenile quest to spam "the blimp is a bad idea" over 200 times in a 2 day period in more than 30 threads. He's almost there.

Oh ok, missed that. I just feel like questioning the blimp is something introduced into the Ronpaulforums.com verison of the Patriot Act lately. :)

Edit: Just read it again, his comment is in the plural form, indicating that its beyond just Matt, Im to assume its directed at myself and/or James R also.

People need to take constructive criticism for what it is. If the questions cant be answered with something other than a snippy .jpg then there is a bigger problem here.