PDA

View Full Version : Whew! Just in time, crazy, armed white male..

tod evans
05-09-2013, 05:09 AM
Weapons, pick-up truck and lockdowns....:eek:

Boogity-boogity!

Manhunt on in Northern California for man accused of killing wife, 2 girls

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/09/sheriff-officials-rural-n-california-man-killed-wife-and-2-girls-4-and-8-still/

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/RuralCalifmurdersMay8.jpg

SHINGLETOWN, Calif. – Authorities across Northern California on Wednesday night were searching for a man, believed to be heavily armed, suspected of fatally shooting his wife and two young daughters at their home.
Shane Franklin Miller, 45, remained on the loose, a day after the killings in Shingletown, Shasta County sheriff's officials said.
"There is a manhunt for him right now," Lt. Dave Kent said. "He's a prime suspect. We're not looking for anybody else."
Kent said deputies received a call from Miller's residence around 7:45 p.m. Tuesday. When they arrived, they found the bodies of Miller's wife, Sandy, 34, and two daughters, Shelby, 8, and Shasta, 4.
All three had been shot multiple times, Kent said.
Kent said investigators had not determined who placed the call, but he said it was from one of the victims as the shooting was in progress.
Authorities have not recovered the gun, or guns, believed to have been used in the shooting, but Kent said more weapons were found in the house.
"We found several different types of weapons, ammunition in the house, so he may be heavily fortified at this time," Kent said.
Investigators have released a photo of Miller and said he is believed be driving a gold-colored 2010 Dodge Mega Cab pickup with a camper shell. He is considered extremely dangerous.
Miller may be heading to a cabin in coastal Humboldt County, where authorities have said several weapons may be stored.
Initially, authorities believed the cabin was in Ferndale, about 180 miles west of Shingletown, a drive of nearly four hours over rural highways.
But Kent said Wednesday evening he could not confirm the location, and Ferndale Police Chief Bret Smith said there was a residence in nearby Petrolia, not Ferndale, where Miller has stayed in the past.
Lt. Steve Knight, a Humboldt County sheriff's spokesman, said authorities there were working with Shasta County sheriff's officials, but he declined to provide any details about the search.
The two-story house where the shooting took place is nestled among pine trees, with a detached garage and shed in the back. The Redding Searchlight reported that horses and llamas graze on the property.
Investigators had not determined a motive for the shooting, but Kent noted deputies had gone to the home last month on a domestic dispute call.
Schools in the rural community of about 2,000 people about 230 miles northeast of San Francisco were locked down during the day Wednesday, and a forest harvest demonstration for local schools set for Wednesday and Thursday was rescheduled for next week.

donnay
05-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Looks a little like Danny Bonaduce. :eek:

asurfaholic
05-09-2013, 06:36 AM
If he is guilty, I would have no problem executing him myself

paulbot24
05-09-2013, 07:23 AM
In other news, authorities allegedly have not ruled out the possibility of recovering a gun, or guns, this person or persons may or may not be in possession of, which they believe may or may not be related to or correspond to any of the information we reported on earlier today, although authorities are not ruling out the possibility of conflicting reports due to the sensitive nature of these tragic events as more information slowly becomes available to us. Over to you Bob.

Origanalist
05-09-2013, 07:32 AM
In other news, authorities allegedly have not ruled out the possibility of recovering a gun, or guns, this person or persons may or may not be in possession of, which they believe may or may not be related to or correspond to any of the information we reported on earlier today, although authorities are not ruling out the possibility of conflicting reports due to the sensitive nature of these tragic events as more information slowly becomes available to us. Over to you Bob.

Thanks Jim, we're now getting reports Shane Miller was spotted riding a winged velociraptor brandishing assault weapons and screaming anti-government slogans in the hills outside of San Francisco. Back to you Jim.

paulbot24
05-09-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks Jim, we're now getting reports Shane Miller was spotted riding a winged velociraptor brandishing assault weapons and screaming anti-government slogans in the hills outside of San Francisco. Back to you Jim.

Thanks Jim. I just wanted to make a quick correction on the above story. Authorities are now confirming the possibility of multiple guns being involved in the alleged scenario we reported on earlier in our broadcast. Just a quick correction as we desperately await further word from authorities on this, the investigation is now underway, I'll go ahead and turn it over to Suzy now with our five day forecast. Suzy?

whippoorwill
05-09-2013, 08:45 AM
I've hiked all over that place. If a man dose not want to be found, your not going to find him.

tod evans
05-10-2013, 10:57 AM

Thanks Jim. I just wanted to make a quick correction on the above story. Authorities are now confirming the possibility of multiple guns being involved in the alleged scenario we reported on earlier in our broadcast. Just a quick correction as we desperately await further word from authorities on this, the investigation is now underway, I'll go ahead and turn it over to Suzy now with our five day forecast. Suzy?

Still laughing!

+rep..

phill4paul
05-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Still laughing!

+rep..

Same!

tod evans
05-12-2013, 04:17 AM
"The-Newz" continues to vilify this suspect..

The only thing I give creedence to is his mothers quote.

If, BIG if, this guy is found guilty then by all means punish him, but this dredging up weed-n-weapons convictions just sounds like justification for premeditated murder of the suspect..

Northern California officers hunt man suspected of killing wife, 2 kids

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/11/northern-california-officers-hunt-man-suspected-killing-wife-2-kids/

[Picture of armed goon included as part of social engineering programming]
http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./660/371/California%20Family%20Kiled.jpg?ve=1

PETROLIA, Calif. – Law enforcement officials hunting a man suspected of killing his wife and two young daughters in Northern California have sought help from neighboring agencies.
In an ongoing search, officers from at least a dozen state and federal law enforcement agencies fanned out on Friday across an area of rugged terrain along California's remote north coast where they believe 45-year-old Shane Franklin Miller has taken cover.
Miller, considered armed and extremely dangerous, knows well the tree-lined canyons of Humboldt County where he grew up. Investigators found his pickup truck abandoned near Petrolia, about 200 miles west of the home that Miller shared with his wife, Sandy, 34, and daughters, Shelby, 8, and Shasta, 5.
"It's very strategic how we're moving through that forest area," said Lt. Dave Kent of the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
Miller is suspected of slaying his family Tuesday night in the rural community of Shingletown, then fleeing to Humboldt County, where low fog and dense brush offer plenty of cover. His mother told The Associated Press she had no idea whether her son and daughter-in-law had suffered marital problems or why Miller might turn on his family.
Kent said detectives continue to search the home where the killings occurred for evidence and clues as to where Miller might have been headed.
In 1996, Miller was convicted of felony cultivation of marijuana in a county known worldwide for the high quality pot grown in the same hard-to-reach forests authorities now are combing.
In 2002, Miller was charged with making and selling marijuana for distribution, being a felon in possession of a firearm, possessing a machine gun and money laundering, according to court records. He pleaded guilty to being a felon in possession of a gun and served 46 months in federal prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm, court records show.

ClydeCoulter
05-12-2013, 04:28 AM
"We found several different types of weapons, ammunition in the house, so he may be heavily fortified at this time," Kent said.
Investigators have released a photo of Miller and said he is believed be driving a gold-colored 2010 Dodge Mega Cab pickup with a camper shell. He is considered extremely dangerous.

Quick, put all of your silver and blue pickup trucks without a camper shell in the garage.

tod evans
05-12-2013, 04:35 AM
Quick, put all of your silver and blue pickup trucks without a camper shell in the garage.

Given Kalifornias record folks driving red-n-yellow pick-ups need to worry about being shot at...

ClydeCoulter
05-12-2013, 04:39 AM
Suspect in the case who allegedly committed the crime is considered armed and dangerous. Is that code word for "shoot on sight", sounds suspiciously so.?

noneedtoaggress
05-12-2013, 05:15 AM

Well for the the next three days we're expecting a Flurry of Police Activity possibly followed shortly after by a Hail of Gunfire in the morning which may result in a Flash Flood of Blood for the rest of the week.

http://www.2dorks.com/gallery/2010/1027-weatherbabes/weather13b.jpg

And now, a word from our sponsors...

phill4paul
05-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Well for the the next three days we're expecting a Flurry of Police Activity possibly followed shortly after by a Hail of Gunfire in the morning which may result in a Flash Flood of Blood for the rest of the week.

http://www.2dorks.com/gallery/2010/1027-weatherbabes/weather13b.jpg

And now, a word from our sponsors...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kHNv4a1JdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl5gBJGnaXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlzdZqSVbJ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3wtUCPWmeI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAWyrx3pIc

Coming up immediately following tonights Action News broadcast stay tuned for the hilarious hijinks of "Honey Boo-Boo."

nobody's_hero
05-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Shelter-in-Place is in effect for all states west of the Mississippi River. 5 billion cops prepare for manhunt. All forced entry searches and evictions are purely voluntary . . . or else.

Tinnuhana
05-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Velociraptor? Gun?

http://youtu.be/_QouBQAMKwE

Seriously, though, our desensitization to media and/or law enforcement predictability...has it innured us to the fact that there are dead people in the wake of this? And especially on Mothers' Day.

torchbearer
05-12-2013, 07:24 AM
Velociraptor? Gun?

Seriously, though, our desensitization to media and/or law enforcement predictability...has it innured us to the fact that there are dead people in the wake of this? And especially on Mothers' Day.

kids are getting blown to pieces weekly, if not daily.
u so serious everyday?

Origanalist
05-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Velociraptor? Gun?

It wasn't Mothers Day, or I never would have posted that........really. On that day there will be NO satire allowed.

klamath
05-12-2013, 09:09 AM
people pick this case to try and make their anti government rants are complete fools. This is a local story for me and if this guy is guilty he just represents many white trash slime that make the news around here. People getting into shootouts stealing each others pot grows. It is a symbiotic relationship between growers and LE. Pot growers provide the LE with federal drug inforcement grants and LE provide Price supports for the growers. Without each other their money would be gone. Why the hell else did the area vote against MJ legalization.
pick a decent story to build a case against news caster political manipulations.

pcosmar
05-12-2013, 09:20 AM
people pick this case to try and make their anti government rants are complete fools. This is a local story for me and if this guy is guilty he just represents many white trash slime that make the news around here. People getting into shootouts stealing each others pot grows. It is a symbiotic relationship between growers and LE. Pot growers provide the LE with federal drug inforcement grants and LE provide Price supports for the growers. Without each other their money would be gone. Why the hell else did the area vote against MJ legalization.
pick a decent story to build a case against news caster political manipulations.

How about some honest investigation before declaring quilt.
Though that is a bit much to ask these days..

The multiple guns would suggest more than one shooter (to me).
Perhaps a home invasion, and kidnapping.

But shit,,, he is just an ex con so why bother with any of that. :(

klamath
05-12-2013, 09:25 AM
How about some honest investigation before declaring quilt.
Though that is a bit much to ask these days..

The multiple guns would suggest more than one shooter (to me).
Perhaps a home invasion, and kidnapping.

But shit,,, he is just an ex con so why bother with any of that. :(
And if you weren't so quick to defend dirtbags you would have read that I said "If this guy is guiltly" But then again maybe you don't believe that the crime that was commited is a big deal.

pcosmar
05-12-2013, 09:33 AM
And if you weren't so quick to defend dirtbags you would have read that I said "If this guy is guiltly" But then again maybe you don't believe that the crime that was commited is a big deal.

Oh,,I believe that a crime was committed.. I am just questioning "By Who".

I am opposed to jumping on the immediate assumption of guilt.

His previous convictions (being used to paint him in a bad light) were for Pot Growing (a non crime) and being in possession of a firearm (a non crime).

According to the story (unverified) there were multiple guns used in the killing. Yet the "manhunt" is focusing on one man.
That man may well be a victim as well.

I have little faith in Police investigations.. (due to the history of such)

And when do I defend "dirtbags".. Also,, please provide a definition of "dirtbag".

phill4paul
05-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Also,, please provide a definition of "dirtbag".

At one time or another everyone on this list.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_exonerated_death_row_inmates#United_States

tod evans
05-12-2013, 11:22 AM

I pulled it from "The-Newz" a few days back so apparently you're addressing me..

You must have some personal knowledge of pot growers shooting each other in order to string that fallacy into justifying the blatant manipulation of public perception set forth in the articles I posted..

My position is/has been and will be, until proven wrong, that these articles are printed solely for the purpose of justifying murder by the cops..

And ya' know what?

It's just too fucking bad if you don't like it!

There are hundreds of people who have been shot and killed by cops since the institution of the drug war and thousands more vilified in print by "The-Newz" And if you think for a moment I'm not going to call a spade a spade you've got another thing coming...:mad:

tod evans
05-15-2013, 04:37 AM
70 cops and all the associated costs.....

Miller manhunt continues, roadblocks remain in place

http://www.times-standard.com/news/ci_23240916/miller-manhunt-continues-roadblocks-remain-place

The search continues for triple homicide suspect Shane Miller. Over seventy law enforcement officers continue to search the Mattole Valley, King Range Conservation Area and surrounding communities looking for Miller. Officers are going door to door, speaking with residents and searching numerous outbuildings and unoccupied cabins. There has still been no sighting of Miller since the day his truck was found. Meantime investigators from the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, Humboldt County Sheriffs Office and United States Marshals Office continue to interview friends and relatives. Officers have been following up on numerous tips and leads. Roadblocks are still in place and cars are being searched leaving the Mattole Valley. Area schools are back in session and officers are staged at or near the schools. Residents have expressed their appreciation and are working with law enforcement to help find Miller.
The King Range Conservation Area is still closed until further notice.
A second Community Meeting is scheduled at the Honeydew School on Wednesday May 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM.
SHANE FRANKLIN MILLER, White male adult, 45 years old, 5-10, 200 lbs blue eyes, red hair. Believed to be armed and dangerous. If sighted call 911.
Anyone with information for the Sheriffs Office regarding this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriffs Office at 707-445-7251 or the Sheriffs Office Crime Tip line at 707-268-2539.

[edit]

Dogs Join Hunt for Calif. Triple Homicide Suspect

http://www.officer.com/news/10941899/dogs-join-hunt-for-calif-triple-homicide-suspect

[^^^^^This site is really scary! ^^^^^^^^]

PETROLIA, Calif. (AP) — Authorities hunting for a Northern California man suspected of killing of his wife and two young daughters have brought in dogs trained to search for cadavers.

While investigators have said they have no indication Shane Franklin Miller may be dead, the canines are part of a larger search through California's rugged and remote North Coast terrain.

More than 70 law enforcement officers from multiple jurisdictions are scouring the area for Miller, 45, suspected of killing his family last Tuesday in the rural community of Shingletown. All three victims were shot multiple times.

Investigators found Miller's abandoned pickup truck the next day near Petrolia, about 200 miles west of the home that Miller shared with his wife, Sandy, 34, and daughters, Shelby, 8, and Shasta, 5.

But they have found no traces of him.

"We're going up and down the area trying to figure out where he may have disappeared to," Humboldt County Sheriff's Lt. Wayne Hanson said Monday.

They've extensively searched the area where Miller's vehicle was found, Hanson said. Foot and air patrols including SWAT teams from various counties and U.S. Marshals will continue to canvass the area, he added.

The ground searches will also include door-to-door searches of residences in the area, the lieutenant said. Roadblocks will be maintained on main roads from Petrolia to Ferndale. Hanson said that's to protect residents if Miller tries to leave the area.

Meanwhile, about 100 people attended a community meeting on Sunday. Lieutenants from Humboldt and Shasta counties told the audience that an old acquaintance positively identified Miller as arriving in the area on Wednesday in the truck that was later found abandoned, Hanson said. The longtime acquaintance told officers that Miller did not appear to be angry or hostile.

Also during the meeting, Hanson said officials confirmed that a note written by Miller was found in the abandoned truck. Hanson could not provide further details on the contents of the note, but said if any of Miller's family members were mentioned, they would have been immediately notified by the authorities.

As schools reopened on Monday, authorities are asking people to be cautious in their daily activities and to lock their doors at night.

"Right now, we're residents to remain on alert and not to investigate anything themselves," Hanson said. "That's what we're here for."

american.swan
05-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Here's the deal. The police are out looking for this dude and printing all sorts of news stories against the guy.

What happens when they find the dude dead? The police will look like fools. In the case I ddescribe someone did break into the house and killed the family. All the news articles will be a joke.

Origanalist
05-15-2013, 07:20 AM
I pulled it from "The-Newz" a few days back so apparently you're addressing me..

You must have some personal knowledge of pot growers shooting each other in order to string that fallacy into justifying the blatant manipulation of public perception set forth in the articles I posted..

My position is/has been and will be, until proven wrong, that these articles are printed solely for the purpose of justifying murder by the cops..

And ya' know what?

It's just too fucking bad if you don't like it!

There are hundreds of people who have been shot and killed by cops since the institution of the drug war and thousands more vilified in print by "The-Newz" And if you think for a moment I'm not going to call a spade a spade you've got another thing coming...:mad:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WtuoFv4dcwM

AFPVet
05-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Just remember, anyone can be framed pretty easily nowadays... just keep that in mind. If he did it, he should hang... if not, those responsible should be brought to justice. We live in very corrupt times compounded by a lot of psychotropic medications and high tensions.