PDA

View Full Version : IL - Chicago cop shoots dog and another cop

Anti Federalist
05-08-2013, 09:48 PM
City cop accidentally shot by fellow officer aiming at ‘vicious dog’

BY LEEANN SHELTON Staff Reporter May 6, 2013 10:56PM

Updated: May 7, 2013 12:04AM

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/19946267-418/chicago-cop-accidentally-shot-by-fellow-officer-aiming-at-vicious-dog.html

A Chicago Police officer was in good condition Monday night after he was inadvertently shot by a fellow officer aiming at a “vicious dog” that charged at them in a South Side building.

About 9 p.m. Monday, the Englewood District officers responded to a call about a burglary in progress in the 1200 block of West 72nd Place, according to a statement from Police News Affairs.

When they reached a second-floor landing, they encountered a “vicious dog” that was charging at them, forcing one of the officers to shoot at the animal, the statement said.

The dog was shot, and the other officer suffered a gunshot wound in his leg, according to the statement and law enforcement sources.

The 42-year-old officer was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition, Fire Media Affairs spokesman Juan Hernandez said.

The Police Independent Review Authority is investigating the incident, spokesman Larry Merritt said.

phill4paul
05-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Oopsie.........

TheTexan
05-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Poor dog.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Oopsie.........

My Bad, Brah!

Origanalist
05-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Hopefully this is the start of a trend. One dog, one cop. A truly disgraceful waste of dogs but.....

pcosmar
05-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Only a matter of time before it is someones kid..
I am awaiting the explanation of that.

as to this,, from the description given,,not sure how they did that..

I will have to chalk it up to extreme stupidity.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Only a matter of time before it is someones kid..
I am awaiting the explanation of that.

as to this,, from the description given,,not sure how they did that..

I will have to chalk it up to extreme stupidity.

Already has been, a number of times...remember that 9 year girl in Detroit, for instance?

pcosmar
05-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Already has been, a number of times...remember that 9 year girl in Detroit, for instance?

Yeah,,but they weren't shooting at dogs that night. :(

Working Poor
05-09-2013, 03:08 AM
offivrrs responding to a bulgery in progress on the southside of Chicago? yea right...

Weston White
05-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Yet if an inexperienced “civilian” did something such as this, also by accident, they would be facing manslaughter charges and the police would have already permanently removed all firearms from their possession—and it would not have mattered if it had happened in Chicago or elsewhere.

tod evans
05-09-2013, 03:29 AM
Let the cops keep their guns..

Just amputate their trigger fingers! :eek: