PDA

View Full Version : Will tyranny ever come to America

shane77m
05-08-2013, 05:18 PM
http://www.rightwingnews.com/column-2/will-tyranny-ever-come-to-america/

Last week, President Obama traveled to Ohio to speak at the Ohio State University commencement. There, he trotted out his new favorite line of attack against Second Amendment advocates: He said it is unpatriotic to believe in the possibility of government tyranny. Why? According to Obama, the Founding Fathers created our government. The American dream and American government are one and the same. By definition then, believing in the possibility of government tyranny means opposing the Founding Fathers and the American dream.

ADVERTISEMENT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s how Obama expressed this nasty notion. He said that the Founders left us “the keys to a system of self-government, the tools to do big things and important things together that we could not possibly do alone … To conquer fascism and disease; to visit the Moon and Mars; to gradually secure our God-given rights for all our citizens, regardless of who they are, or what they look like, or who they love.”

Government, in Obama’s view, is the great guarantor of rights. Never mind that government — yes, government in America — has routinely stripped its citizens of rights. Never mind that state governments stripped black people of their basic personhood for decades, enshrining slavery with the help of the federal government. Never mind that for a century after slavery, state governments, with the silent assent of the federal government, enshrined Jim Crow. Never mind that the federal government stripped thousands of Japanese citizens of their rights during World War II and the unborn of their rights in 1973.

None of that matters to Obama. He said, “This country cannot accomplish great things if we pursue nothing greater than our own individual ambition.”

The Founders believed, to the contrary, that government’s job was to protect our most basic rights so that we could pursue the individual dreams and ambitions that truly make America great — the dreams and ambitions that created Edison and Ford, Jobs and Gates.

---------------

A people that does not fear government oppression is not a free people. It is a subject people. A people that believes that the government somehow invariably guards rights is not an American people — it is a Rousseauian rabble prepared to accept the yoke of tyranny. God gave us rights. The Founders gave us a messy system of government to allow the government to protect those rights while preventing the government from usurping them. Worshipping government achieves neither of those purposes.

More at the link.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Will?

Ever?

wizardwatson
05-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Politicians are the buttholes of the collective. All the crap and feces we create by our inaction comes out of their mouths. Some people think its disgusting and would like to improve the digestive process and some people like to smell their own farts.

PSYOP
05-08-2013, 05:45 PM
lol @ will it ever

KrokHead
05-08-2013, 05:52 PM
If the 40% tax rate (what's ripped out of your paycheck plus the sales tax) isn't tyranny I'd really hate what to see what the tyranny looks like.

donnay
05-08-2013, 06:03 PM
It's already here!! :eek:

Don't pay your federal taxes and what happens.

TheTexan
05-08-2013, 06:07 PM
If the 40% tax rate (what's ripped out of your paycheck plus the sales tax) isn't tyranny I'd really hate what to see what the tyranny looks like.

Plus all the other smaller taxes you're expected to pay. And the taxes that are built into the price of the products. And the inflation tax. All combined, it's significantly more than 40%.

Natural Citizen
05-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Will?

Ever?

Heh. Is what I was thinking when I read the title of the thread. Well...that and does a frog bump it's ass on the rocks?

Anti Federalist
05-08-2013, 06:19 PM

Taxes...?

Shit, I wish that was the worst of it...

When a unitary executive officer claims that he, or his appointees, have the right to strip your rights, your citizenship and whisk you off to parts unknown for summary torture and execution, simply on their say so alone, well, even if it is not happening every day to hundreds of people, it is still pure tyranny.

heavenlyboy34
05-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Politicians are the buttholes of the collective. All the crap and feces we create by our inaction comes out of their mouths. Some people think its disgusting and would like to improve the digestive process and some people like to smell their own farts.
Politicians are independent of everyone but their cronies. (IOW, a problem rather than a symptom) They do feed on the ignorance, fear, and greed of the masses, though.

Christian Liberty
05-08-2013, 06:21 PM
AF hit on why I don't take the "Republicans are better" (Except guys like Rand) seriously...

The thing is, we're under a sort of half-baked, soft tyranny that MOST people escape from to some extent. Its different than in North Korea where you literally can't do ANYTHING without getting whisked off. I hope soft tyranny doesn't turn to hard tyranny.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2013, 06:24 PM
AF hit on why I don't take the "Republicans are better" (Except guys like Rand) seriously...

The thing is, we're under a sort of half-baked, soft tyranny that MOST people escape from to some extent. Its different than in North Korea where you literally can't do ANYTHING without getting whisked off. I hope soft tyranny doesn't turn to hard tyranny.

And that is what has me, literally, screaming at the walls, every single day.

It could turn into a "hard" tyranny in a week's time...maybe less.

Christian Liberty
05-08-2013, 06:38 PM

I don't know that it will happen like that, but it certainly could.

I personally don't think its going to happen quite like that. The statists have been gradually taking control since Lincoln, with a few periods bordering on hard tyranny, but mostly just ever-increasing rules and regulations, combined with a few legitimate freedoms and a lot of phony ones (For instance, the right to vote isn't a real freedom, it doesn't actually make you any freer, but people THINK that it does.)

I suspect by the time I'm a middle-aged man, you'll need government permission to sneeze, one rule at a time.

I WISH Obama would just declare himself Hitler now. Would give the liberty movement some ammunition to use. The longer they wait, the lower our prospects of success.

He's not perfect, but we need Rand Paul in 2016. He may not be the libertarian dream, but we'll know we won't be getting any kind of tyranny for at least four years. The son of Ron Paul is not going to betray us like that.

TheTexan
05-08-2013, 06:44 PM
The thing is, we're under a sort of half-baked, soft tyranny that MOST people escape from to some extent.

The only thing keeping this country in a soft tyranny is compliance. Minus just a handful of individuals, everyone in this country is compliant. You, me, everyone.

Start breaking the rules... and that hammer will come down, fast

Christian Liberty
05-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah, that is true. But at least in this country you can USUALLY be left alone if you follow the rules. In North Korea, its literally, your family member criticizes the government (Which we can still get away with here), you're ALL going to a concentration camp.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2013, 06:53 PM
The only thing keeping this country in a soft tyranny is compliance. Minus just a handful of individuals, everyone in this country is compliant. You, me, everyone.

Start breaking the rules... and that hammer will come down, fast

Or a real or false flag "attack" that, instead of killing 3 people, kills three hundred thousand.

Picture AmeriKa the week after half the population of a major city is wiped out...

And then it becomes more clear why I support Adam Kokesh and his march.

Christian Liberty
05-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Or a real or false flag "attack" that, instead of killing 3 people, kills three hundred thousand.

Picture AmeriKa the week after half the population of a major city is wiped out...

And then it becomes more clear why I support Adam Kokesh and his march.

I support Kokesh too:D

I believe the original 9/11 probably happened as described, but they now know that any such attack WILL sendthe people into a spiral and WILL lead to them being able to erode our freedoms. My guess is that they'll hit the "Freedom" tower. It will have been done by government.

otherone
05-08-2013, 07:10 PM
I hope soft tyranny doesn't turn to hard tyranny.

Tyranny is unchallenged exercise of power. We are there. What you are calling soft tyranny is Authoritarianism and we are there as well. North Korea is a Totalitarian regime, I don't think that is possible given our political system (as it stands now, anyway).

bolil
05-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Tyranny is unchallenged exercise of power. We are there. What you are calling soft tyranny is Authoritarianism and we are there as well. North Korea is a Totalitarian regime, I don't think that is possible given our political system (as it stands now, anyway).

Indeed, that is the difference between soft and hard is: I can still say our government is corrupt and that our president is a twat without 'disappearing'. I don't know for sure, but I don't think that is the case in places like North Korea.

Christian Liberty
05-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Indeed, that is the difference between soft and hard is: I can still say our government is corrupt and that our president is a twat without 'disappearing'. I don't know for sure, but I don't think that is the case in places like North Korea.

Yeah, that was basically my point.

Expatriate
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM

Don't forget:

Getting thrown in dungeons designed to facilitate rape for the heinous crime of growing a plant...
Being forced to pay for bombs and missiles that are mostly used to massacre innocents overseas...
Getting your door kicked in, your dog shot, your kids traumatized, and your stuff stolen by paramilitary muscleheads -- oops wrong address...
Having your every move scrutinized with high technology because you dared to express a dissident opinion online...
Not being able to build what you want on your own land without paying by the square foot for permits...
Getting your land that you "own" taken away from you because you did not pay the yearly rent to the government...
Getting assaulted by a goon squad for daring to produce or sell raw milk, or selling veggies without a permit...
Having to purchase a permit to leave or enter the country...
Having to pay for multiple permits to open a business, then having to pay protection to the state or get audited and robbed...
Getting your hard earned savings stolen right out of your pocket through inflation...
Being told that to follow the advice of your country's founders is terrorism...
Being forced to pay for children to be brainwashed in government indoctrination centers...
Having to get branded with a serial number in order to legally work or open a bank account...
Realizing that you paid for all these attacks on your dignity and liberty, like the Chinese billed for the bullets used to execute their children.

Nahh, tyranny will never come to America.

brushfire
05-08-2013, 07:29 PM
http://popblerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/4-negrodamus.jpgYes, it will

LibForestPaul
05-08-2013, 07:29 PM

Hitler created good schools. Musolini made sure the trains ran on time. So its not so bad.

VanBummel
05-08-2013, 07:30 PM
More like will it ever leave...

DamianTV
05-08-2013, 07:40 PM
It's already here!! :eek:

Don't pay your federal taxes and what happens.

Thats what I was gonna say! Better yet, try not immediately obeying ANY order, especially when UNLAWFUL and watch what happens. Oh, you didnt roll your window down all the way because a cop told you to do so? Thats obstructing Just-Us, call in the SWAT Team! You're 7 years old and pointing your finger at your frineds playing Cops and Robbers? Felony! How many 9 year old Registered Sex Offenders do we have in this country?

---

If you want to know if tyrannay will ever come to this country, first you have to understand WHAT Tyranny is. The govt will tell you that abducting citizens and their families in the middle of the night and executing them for resisting abduction is NOT Tyranny. I say that when Govt tells you that, you have nothing BUT Tyranny.

Want to know what Tyranny really is? Look outside your window.

Michigan11
05-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Listen we are at the very end of this tyranny. Try starting a business today. Try finding a job today. Talk to people out there on your routine stops, and listen to them. People are pissed off and are done, they are worn down, like slaves pulling a plow without a horse. The middle class is now gone, what I see is a slave class that has developed and aren't very happy about it. America has been cooked, that is why politically speaking we see a huge following around the Pauls now. There is also a big number of delussional people that are termed "optimists" still, yet they aren't in tune with reality however, so I term them delussional.

Guys we never know where things are heading but, we should push on all fronts. All fronts is what the government has been doing to us.

bolil
05-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Expat has it right, but I can still say and be heard saying, "Obama is a fascist, child murdering, scumbag" and not get picked up by the MIB... yet.

There either liberty or varying degrees of Tyranny. We do not have liberty, and while we have tyranny it is not, yet, complete.

KrokHead
05-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Yeah, that is true. But at least in this country you can USUALLY be left alone if you follow the rules. In North Korea, its literally, your family member criticizes the government (Which we can still get away with here), you're ALL going to a concentration camp.

That's true. Going against the mainstream here just opens you up to be ostracized. Americans accept their ever worsening way of life slowly, I don't think enough people would be in on it/smart enough/be able to be quiet enough to do some false flag and blow up a city. Nothing drastic will ever happen, but life does drastically change faster than we know it. 10 years from now we'll be seeing 2013 as the good ol' days. Just like how we see 2003 now as a time things didn't suck so bad, when at that time they certainly did.

The Gold Standard
05-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Will it ever come? I was wondering if it will ever leave.

Carson
05-08-2013, 08:05 PM
I could try and explain how that when they counterfeit the money supply and double the supply, stock prices may adjust by doubling.

Or I could tell you I just saw on the news that the police are out in force because, "someone had a gun", but would anyone get it?

After all the big story of the day is BENGHAZI (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?413431-BENGHAZI). Who knows what happened there?

otherone
05-08-2013, 08:47 PM
I can still say our government is corrupt and that our president is a twat without 'disappearing'. I don't know for sure, but I don't think that is the case in places like North Korea.

Our system has done worse than take away our Right to free speech; they have made free speech irrelevant. Allowing us our "beer muscles" has taken away the impact of our words; it may actually behoove the cause of Liberty if they would out right deny it. Instead of saying we have "soft tyranny", it may be more apt to say we have '"faux freedom".

liberty2897
05-08-2013, 09:11 PM
http://veelkantie.nl/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Boiling-Frog-Syndrome.jpg

heavenlyboy34
05-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Our system has done worse than take away our Right to free speech; they have made free speech irrelevant. Allowing us our "beer muscles" has taken away the impact of our words; it may actually behoove the cause of Liberty if they would out right deny it. Instead of saying we have "soft tyranny", it may be more apt to say we have '"faux freedom".
I am impress! :) That's much more accurate than "soft tyranny". It really captures the Orwellian zeitgeist we live in. First they said teh scary brown people "hated us for our freedomz". Then they took the freedomz away. At least Boobus is content with his welfare and cable/satellite big screen TV. :P

Origanalist
05-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Will tyranny ever come to America

snicker, hack, spit.

better-dead-than-fed
05-08-2013, 10:37 PM
... I can still say and be heard saying, "Obama is a fascist, child murdering, scumbag" and not get picked up by the MIB... yet.

You can be civilly committed for less than that,

Psychiatrist Barry Morenz argued I should be committed for allegedly having:

admitted that a U.S. Probation Officer had made false statements;
accused some lawyers of having done “the bare minimum”; and
admitted that a judge was not “enforcing” “an adequate level of attorney conduct”.
Morenz testified: "Well, that this same pattern of mistrust, suspiciousness, feeling that the attorneys are not doing their job, that are incompetent and are -- do not have his best interests in mind have been repeated not just once, not just twice, but on multiple occasions. So they kind of reinforce the idea that (the defendant) has some serious psychiatric difficulties."

whether you believe it, or not.

Ummm, precrime? A ridiculous notion that doesn't deserve any serious reply sooooo: Hibbity Bibbity charoo, slibahaba cakacaroo? Dibbity bibbity hoohah shooo.

Crimes are committed, right? So, precrime cannot be a crime and is thus a stupid fucking idea.

It's also called "dangerousness" and the government is already imprisoning people for it. (See the original post.)

Also, you can also be imprisoned under the criminal justice system for communicating your thoughts to the media (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nM2pX8LnUntYJJpPzokxsZAs0gRXy9MGK3qPwZRySlI/edit?usp=sharing).

Also, when the government forces you to sign a waiver of your rights, you can be imprisoned (2 years) for admitting "my signature is involuntary and coerced":

The Defendant signed the form and above his signature wrote in his own handwriting, “my signature is involuntary and coerced.” Officer Salazar testified that this negated the authenticity of the form. No other information was provided. Therefore, the Court finds that the Defendant is in violation ... for failing to sign the form in an appropriate manner. -- judge's findings (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5ZYXb_HdIQhaktodnZUWHlHa1k/edit?usp=sharing), page 2

better-dead-than-fed
05-08-2013, 11:49 PM
... your family member criticizes the government (Which we can still get away with here), ...

False.

I WISH Obama would just declare himself Hitler now. Would give the liberty movement some ammunition to use.

It's not tyranny because Obama hasn't formally declared himself Hitler? I don't see why anyone would wait for that particular form of "ammunition".

fr33
05-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Will it?

Has it ever left since the whiskey rebellion? Nope. It's here and thriving.

bolil
05-09-2013, 09:33 AM
I concede, it is here. The rest is splitting hairs.

enjerth
05-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Here’s how Obama expressed this nasty notion. He said that the Founders left us “the keys to a system of self-government, the tools to do big things and important things together that we could not possibly do alone … To conquer fascism and disease; to visit the Moon and Mars; to gradually secure our God-given rights for all our citizens, regardless of who they are, or what they look like, or who they love.”

Thank you, Obama.

But.... how can you use that reasoning to effect an attack on that very same system?

If only we could get you to pay attention to that Constitution and perhaps even what other writings they left for us, instead of trampling on it, then we wouldn't really have to worry as much about tyranny. I agree with you in that much.

Except for the part about it being unpatriotic to fear tyranny. The founders feared it greatly.

A republic, if you can keep it.

better-dead-than-fed
05-09-2013, 11:56 AM
(deleted - posted in wrong thread)

Christian Liberty
05-09-2013, 11:59 AM
It's not tyranny because Obama hasn't formally declared himself Hitler? I don't see why anyone would wait for that particular form of "ammunition".

I was using that as a metaphor. But I mean if they did it all at once, people would be aware of it and more likely to fight against it than when it happens by a thousand cuts.

heavenlyboy34
05-09-2013, 12:05 PM
I was using that as a metaphor. But I mean if they did it all at once, people would be aware of it and more likely to fight against it than when it happens by a thousand cuts.
Doubt it. The Germans didn't stand up to Hitler even when his terror was quite well known. :(

Dianne
05-09-2013, 12:11 PM
I was thinking "Will it ever leave America?"

Philhelm
05-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Expat has it right, but I can still say and be heard saying, "Obama is a fascist, child murdering, scumbag" and not get picked up by the MIB... yet.

There either liberty or varying degrees of Tyranny. We do not have liberty, and while we have tyranny it is not, yet, complete.

What would be considered justice when sentencing a child murderer? Or dare we not say?

Christian Liberty
05-09-2013, 01:08 PM
What would be considered justice when sentencing a child murderer? Or dare we not say?
Conviction and sentence to death.

Carson
05-09-2013, 04:08 PM
From what I've heard is that there are only four countries left that don't have a central bank tied in with the global network of central banks.

We've had ours a hundred years. They have been counterfeiting what they've been loaning out for around fifty. When you stop to consider that when the money supply is counterfeited, it doesn't add any value to the pile of stuff we have. They do in fact shift the property lines. We used to own, or be partners with each other, on all of our everything. The criminal conspiracy has been shifting the property line and every day taking more of our stuff, our freedoms, and OUR PEOPLE over to their side of the line.

Some day we are going to have to stand up to the TYRANNY!

By we I mean the, "We the People" of the world. They have such a network now that makes it hard for law and order and justice to prevail. No one country, or any four, stand much of a chance alone.

Some way, some how, we have to put a stop the counterfeiting.

For a refresher course on the way a corrupt fiat works, check the Super Dollar below.

To get an idea of the level of the counterfeiting, check the devaluation of the dollar with Robert Sahr's chart based on the Consumer Price Index.

To get an idea of how counterfeiting the money supply around twenty six times effects the price of stocks by running up stock prices up twenty six times, check the last one of the Dow Jones Industrial average.