PDA

View Full Version : Conventional Advertising Cost Chart

James R
11-25-2007, 05:21 PM
http://www.ronpaulaction.com/img/adCostComp.jpg

You could look at that chart and think: billboards are the cheapest and therefore they are the best. But, the reason the costs are so different is that the effectiveness is different. One reason the effectiveness is different is that the format is different. You can do more with a TV ad than you can with a billboard. Another reason is that people pay more attention to TV ads than they do billboard ads.

stefans
11-25-2007, 05:27 PM
where is the bar for blimps in that graph ;-)

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 07:37 PM
CPM is not the only metric. The trick is to find a medium in which your target pays attention to.

In our case it is talk radio, the nightly news, and the newspaper primarily.

literatim
11-25-2007, 11:51 PM
I think a full page ad in a magazine would be one of the best place to direct resources.

Primbs
11-26-2007, 01:23 AM
CPM is not the only metric. The trick is to find a medium in which your target pays attention to.

I would like to do well with talk radio. It is very opinionated. Many of the hosts may come out against Ron Paul. Rush took out McCain in 2000.

Hopefully the newspapers and nightly news give Ron Paul a fair shake.

ghemminger
11-26-2007, 01:39 AM

Excellent Point = I always thought that grassroots should be able to get the most efficient way to advertise our candidate

Rhys
11-26-2007, 01:41 AM
big signs on billboards raise brand awareness in the most important spot... the subconscious. Bang for the buck is there when you're stuck in trafic looking at Ron Paul for 10 minutes out of the corner of your eye.