PDA

View Full Version : (VIDEO) Ron Paul - Every Color, Every Culture, One Constitution

sailingaway
05-07-2013, 10:05 PM
not new, clearly, but tweeted tonight there seems to be promotion of 'United States Militia' and I don't even know what that is. But the floor speech is good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cloW2mSSK8&feature=youtu.be&a

sailingaway
05-08-2013, 05:18 PM
to be clear, you can fast forward to where Ron's speech on the floor starts and not miss anything, really. But the speech is a good one, about Congress not needing a platitudinous bill to cite a misinterpreted clause of the Constitution to do whatever they want to do, but instead needing actual character to stand up to special interests and lobbyists and say 'no'.

Constitutional Paulicy
05-08-2013, 08:43 PM
but instead needing actual character to stand up to special interests and lobbyists and say 'no'.

I have no doubt that this is the root of most of our problems today. I have a difficult time believing that we can hope that politicians exercise honest moral and ethical conduct. Seems to me we have to disallow for political activist campaign contributions. If were depending on their character to stand up to special interests and lobbyists, we will never get honest men in congress. The potential for corruption attracts those who are corrupt to take office.

sailingaway
05-08-2013, 08:58 PM
I have no doubt that this is the root of most of our problems today. I have a difficult time believing that we can hope that politicians exercise honest moral and ethical conduct. Seems to me we have to disallow for political activist campaign contributions. If were depending on their character to stand up to special interests and lobbyists, we will never get honest men in congress. The potential for corruption attracts those who are corrupt to take office.

But there was Ron Paul.

As he has said, we have to raise our standards.

Constitutional Paulicy
05-08-2013, 09:15 PM
But there was Ron Paul.

As he has said, we have to raise our standards.

That's why I support him so much. He's a true gem.

sailingaway
05-10-2013, 01:11 AM
We need to find more. Vetting character is as important as positions.

TomtheTinker
05-10-2013, 05:06 AM
I Say We Do What Tom Woods Suggests..Reinstate The Same Citizen To Rep Ratio We Had Early In Our History. There Use To Be A Rep For Every 30,000 People..Now There Is One For 700,000. It's Suppose To BE The People's House, AT Least ThE CorruptioN Would Be Spread around.

Sorry BoUT Caps Droid Problems.