PDA

View Full Version : Richardson on Cruz: 'I Don’t Think He Should Be Defined as a Hispanic'

RPfan1992
05-07-2013, 08:55 PM
ABC: Former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson joined ABC News for a web interview after his appearance on the “This Week” roundtable on Sunday, answering viewer questions about his time as governor, his experience meeting with the Taliban, and his thoughts on Korean ruler Kim Jong-Un. When asked about Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, Richardson expressed his distaste for the senator.

“I’m not a fan. I know [Ted Cruz is] sort of the Republican latest flavor. He’s articulate. He seems to be charismatic, but I don’t like his politics. I think he introduces a measure of incivility in the political process. Insulting people is not the way to go. But I guess he’s a force in the Republican political system, but I’m not a fan.”

ABC News: Do you think he represents most Hispanics with his politics?

“No, no. He’s anti-immigration. Almost every Hispanic in the country wants to see immigration reform. No, I don’t think he should be defined as a Hispanic. He’s a politician from Texas. A conservative state. And I respect Texas’ choice. But what I don’t like is… when you try to get things done, it’s okay to be strong and state your views, your ideology. But I’ve seen him demean the office, be rude to other senators, not be part of, I think, the civility that is really needed in Washington.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/05/05/Gov-Bill-Richardson-on-Ted-Cruz-He-should-Not-be-defined-as-a-Hispanic-He-demeans-the-office

Video is at the link.

Lucille
05-07-2013, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KHKw2Qw--7Q

I rise today in praise of Majority Leader Harry Reid. Yesterday, our esteemed Majority Leader said the following — quote — ‘My friend from Texas is like the schoolyard bully. He pushes everyone around and is losing. And instead of playing the game according to the rules, he not only takes the ball home with him, but he changes the rules.’ Today, Leader Reid continued his demonstration of civility, referring to me as the — quote — ‘very junior Senator from Texas.’ As I noted yesterday, the Senate is not a schoolyard. Setting aside the irony of calling someone a bully and then shouting them down when they attempt to respond, today I wish simply to commend my friend from Nevada for his candor.

FrankRep
05-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Wow. That was stupid.

Did Richardson basically say that Ted Cruz is not Hispanic because he's a Conservative?

lol, Democrats.

Brian4Liberty
05-07-2013, 09:17 PM
“No, no. He’s anti-immigration. Almost every Hispanic in the country wants to see immigration reform."

Complete bullshit! The majority of "Hispanics" I know would like to curb immigration. But "Hispanics" who have been in the US for generations must not count in Richardson's rectally generated statistics.

Origanalist
05-07-2013, 10:50 PM
I don't think anybody should be defined as "Hispanic".

jkob
05-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Cesar Chavez was 'anti-immigration', chew on that Bill Richardson

FSP-Rebel
05-08-2013, 10:13 AM
His buddy Kim Jong Eun doesn't like immigration either.

LibertyEagle
05-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Reid doesn't like anyone not willing to bow before him and his despicable antics in Congress.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-08-2013, 10:26 AM
what the hell does it matter if he's hispanic or a blueberry

talkingpointes
05-08-2013, 10:29 AM

Race matters apparently for the democratic vote, combine that with some demagoguery and you have a political party and platform.

FrankRep
05-08-2013, 10:32 AM

Welcome to the Democratic Party. They are obsessed with race.

oyarde
05-08-2013, 10:33 AM
I would not define Richardson as hispanic , I will ask my " hispanic" friends and see if they would claim him , lol , I doubt it.

Matthew5
05-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Bill was a child of privilege, his middle name is Blaine, and he majored in French in college...I wouldn't define Bill Richardson as Hispanic. If that's the game we want to play.

Matthew5
05-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Dick Harpootlian: Nikki Haley should go back to "wherever the hell she came from."

Dems are on a roll this week...

Brian4Liberty
05-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Cesar Chavez was 'anti-immigration', chew on that Bill Richardson

Good point. More:

The UFW during Chavez's tenure was committed to restricting immigration. Chavez and Dolores Huerta, cofounder and president of the UFW, fought the Bracero Program that existed from 1942 to 1964. Their opposition stemmed from their belief that the program undermined U.S. workers and exploited the migrant workers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesar_Chavez

Sounds familiar...opposed to immigration, in an effort to help the common US worker, via the basic economic law of supply and demand.

On a few occasions, concerns that undocumented migrant labor would undermine UFW strike campaigns led to a number of controversial events, which the UFW describes as anti-strikebreaking events, but which have also been interpreted as being anti-immigrant.

Those darn Hispanic farm workers, being evil, hate filled racists.

In 1973, the United Farm Workers set up a "wet line" along the United States-Mexico border to prevent Mexican immigrants from entering the United States illegally and potentially undermining the UFW's unionization efforts.

Wow, the first "Minuteman Project".

In its early years, the UFW and Chavez went so far as to report undocumented immigrants who served as strikebreaking replacement workers (as well as those who refused to unionize) to the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

And the beginning of the grand bargain, where the objective is no longer to help the common worker, it's about increasing the power of the Union.

What happened after that? It was all about power. As long as every worker joined the Union, then nothing else really mattered. The worker doesn't matter anymore. As time goes by, the Union finds out that power involves buying politicians. This means Union money, but more than that, it requires an even bigger Union, and more voters.

Thus, the grand deal is done. The corporatists get all of the cheap labor they want, and the Union/Democrats get all of the power (in the form of voters, Union members, and money) they want.

And who gets left out? The mundane workers. Wasn't the objective all along to help the workers? That objective was long lost ago, replaced by desire for power, voters and money.

erowe1
05-08-2013, 10:52 AM
I think people should be defined as Hispanic or not Hispanic based on their last name.

How do you like them apples Mr. Richardson?

oyarde
05-08-2013, 10:55 AM

I like blueberries much more than democrats , race baiters, there I repeat myself ....

Brian4Liberty
05-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Race matters apparently for the democratic vote, combine that with some demagoguery and you have a political party and platform.

Welcome to the Democratic Party. They are obsessed with race.

When there is no substance or principals, demonizing people is an effective way to create a movement.

But no worries guys, they are ramping it up into a gender battle now, in preparation for Hillary/Michelle 2016.

rich34
05-08-2013, 12:26 PM
The left is playing their part in propping this guy up to derail and divide Rand's presidential campaign.

PaleoPaul
05-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Richardson's a Mexican...Mexicans typically aren't fans of Puerto Ricans, Cubans (Cruz is a Cuban), Dominicans, etc. That's most likely why he said it...the political thing was just an excuse.

jkr
05-08-2013, 05:05 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/BorninLAposter.jpg/220px-BorninLAposter.jpg
submitted without comment