PDA

View Full Version : FREE Shotguns in New York City? Bloomberg Isn’t Going to Be Happy…

ZENemy
05-07-2013, 08:42 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Forget gun buybacks — now get ready for a gun giveaway.

The man behind an effort to put free shotguns in the hands of homeowners says he’ll dole them out in the Big Apple by the end of the year — and the lawmen may not be able to stop him.

“We’re coming — and we’re going to get shotguns into the hands of responsible citizens,” said Kyle Coplen, who founded the nonprofit the Armed Citizen Project in January.

“When criminals fear the citizenry, it deters crime,” the 29-year-old added.

His privately funded group wants to give New Yorkers in high-crime areas a $200 shotgun and free weapons training — assuming applicants pass all the legal background checks.
The Armed Citizen Project is also giving away an AR-15 on May 10th to one lucky winner. Visit their website at www.armedcitizenproject.org The project was developed to bring responsible gun ownership to high-crime, low-income areas across the country. Here is a quote from their website:

What is the Armed Citizen Project?

The Armed Citizen Project is dedicated to facilitating the arming of law abiding citizens, and analyzing the relationship between increased firearm availability and rates. We are choosing mid-high crime neighborhoods in cities across America, and offering defensive weapons to citizens that can pass a background check, and that will take our safety, legal, and tactical training. The data that we collect will be used in the completion of a policy study that will measure the deterrent effects of firearms on crime.

The Armed Citizen Project will not be stopping with New York. The Huffington Post reported yesterday that ACP wants to arm homeowners and single women in Chicago. The Examiner is reporting that 15 cities have been chosen to start:

The Armed Citizen Project plans to give out free shotguns in 15 cities. CBS News reports on May 6 that the project was announced during a National Rifle Association convention. Kyle Coplen, the founder of the organization, states that background checks will be required for all applicants.

The Armed Citizen Project wants to give away free shotguns and lessons in 15 cities. New York City and Chicago are on the list. The nonprofit organization claims that this will “deter crime” and has already given out guns in Houston.

http://dcclothesline.com/2013/05/07/free-shotguns-in-new-york-city-bloomberg-isnt-going-to-be-happy/

Christian Liberty
05-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Take that tyrant!

Quark
05-07-2013, 08:46 PM
I just love how creatively people are combating the gun control movement. I don't think the same thing would have happened in the 90's. We are indeed becoming a more liberty minded country, I think the Bush and Obama eras really have taught people government is certainly not competent nor to be trusted.

AFPVet
05-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Armed, law abiding citizens are the ultimate homeland security force.

jmdrake
05-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Well Joe Biden said we all needed shotguns....

paulbot24
05-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Well Joe Biden said we all needed shotguns....

Indeed he did. Although Mr. Coplen likely will not be endorsing Biden's idea of nervously firing warnings shots to deter crime. Excellent work Mr. Coplen. Pass the shotguns. Skip the mayor's house. He's got armed guards already.

jkr
05-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Sa i ga?

Anti Federalist
05-09-2013, 10:24 AM
I'd chip in to support this.

Darguth
05-09-2013, 12:03 PM
I'd chip in to support this.

Pretty sure you can donate to them on their website.

Anti Federalist
05-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Pretty sure you can donate to them on their website.

Donated $100

https://armedcitizenproject.org/donate

Outreach Donor - $100.00 Help us share the Armed Citizen Project with 1,000 Americans.

Darguth
05-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Donated $100

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Anti Federalist
05-09-2013, 10:28 PM
No response from Gauleiter Doomberg?

Flugel89
05-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Donated $100

+Rep.

Half a shotgun for someone needy.