PDA

View Full Version : Senate will vote TODAY on internet tax.

Brian4Liberty
05-06-2013, 12:09 PM
From Twitter:

The Senate will vote TODAY on final passage of the #InternetTax. Call your Senator and tell them to vote NO: 202-224-3121 #NoNetTax

http://twitter.com/JohnTateC4L/status/331403669876637697

FSP-Rebel
05-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Just called and said my piece w/ members of Sens Levin and Stabenow's offices, then retweeted all of which takes less than 3 mins. I urge others to call their peeps even if you have an idea that they're for it. We need to buck up and apply the pressure regardless.

supermario21
05-06-2013, 12:37 PM
5:30 CSPAN2 says the votes will take place.

HOLLYWOOD
05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
If anyone has the video of Judge Nap's input from FOX BUSINESS today with Tracy Burns, please post. It's very good

Keith and stuff
05-06-2013, 01:13 PM
No need in calling. Both my GOP and DEM Senator said they are opposed to it. The GOP is leading the fight in the Senate. The DEM said she would introduce an amendment to protect my state, 1 of 4 with out general sales taxes.

Keith and stuff
05-06-2013, 01:27 PM
John Tate sent me this email. I have no idea why. She I really demand the the leader in the Senate in position to this tax, oppose the tax? That is obviously already her position. If anything, I think thank her for her common sense, small government position.

Harry Reid is hell-bent on RAMMING the Internet Tax Mandate through the Senate.

In fact, this afternoon, the Senate is expected to vote on final passage on the so-called “Marketplace Fairness Act.”

So please call your senators immediately and demand they vote against the so-called “Marketplace Fairness Act.”

Sen. Kelly Ayotte: (202) 224-3324
Sen. Jeanne Shaheen: (202) 224-2841

Time is running out before the vote takes place later today.

So please call your U.S. Senators IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you for taking action on this issue and for standing with taxpayers against the National Internet Tax Mandate!

In Liberty,

John Tate
President

Dary
05-06-2013, 03:30 PM
No need in calling. Both my GOP and DEM Senator said they are opposed to it. The GOP is leading the fight in the Senate. The DEM said she would introduce an amendment to protect my state, 1 of 4 with out general sales taxes.

Just by listening to CSPAN, it sounds like it's gonna pass in the Senate. Lamar Alexander (R) just called it a "conservative" bill.

Keith and stuff
05-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Just by listening to CSPAN, it sounds like it's gonna pass in the Senate. Lamar Alexander (R) just called it a "conservative" bill.

I fully expect it to pass. At Sen. Ayotte's townhall meetings, she said it would likely pass the Senate. She is the Senate leader fighting it. If she said that, it will likely pass. Maybe it can be stopped in the House. We shall see. Lamar Alexander is a neocon, and isn't even conservative on fiscal issues, so he isn't trustworthy. When he was the governor of TN, I think he worked hard to push an income tax. Thank goodness for Democrats!

LibertyEagle
05-06-2013, 03:55 PM
I hope to hell everyone in this thread called their Senators.

Luciconsort
05-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Ted Cruz!!!

Dary
05-06-2013, 05:00 PM
I hope to hell everyone in this thread called their Senators.

A lot of good that did.:(

Anti Federalist
05-06-2013, 05:01 PM

Yah, I was surprised that both Shaheen and Ayotte are opposed.

Matt Collins
05-06-2013, 05:57 PM
A lot of good that did.:(

Senators are very hard to sway, especially if they are not vulnerable.

Keith and stuff
05-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Yah, I was surprised that both Shaheen and Ayotte are opposed.
It is counter-intuitive since it would help the NH economy but at last both NH Senators and 1 of the Reps is opposed to it.

Senators are very hard to sway, especially if they are not vulnerable.
Thank goodness I live in the biggest swing state in the US. The Senates seem to really listen to all arguments. Though, I admit, they seem to be anti-liberty the majority of the time. Well, in this case, they are both correct.