PDA

View Full Version : need some support

freakout9903
05-06-2013, 09:08 AM
I have been a RP supporter since 2008, and did quite a bit of work fundraising and spreading news online for his 2012 run. I have donated to Ron and many of the up and coming liberty candidates(hundreds of dollars), but I'm hitting a time where I have to severely cut back my expenses to keep a roof over my families head. My hosting for the next year is coming up in a week and I won't be able to foot the bill. I know I am not the most active member on here, but figured anythings worth a shot to continue the cause of liberty. I did try funding the blog with ad's but haven't been successful to say the least. I really don't want to shut it down as "small" as an audience it may have(500ish unique visits/day and upwards of 1000 page views/day). If you can throw anything my way, I'd appreciate it(there is a paypal donate button on the right side of my site).

Also, a good read is a recent article i through up regarding Common Core and a mothers story, something that has not taken effect in my state yet but is on it's way down our throats. http://tunewall.com/2013/04/the-destruction-and-devastation-of-common-core/

For Liberty,
Matt Knock
matt.knock@gmail.com

P.S. I totally understand if this winds up getting moved/deleted by mods, It was a last ditch effort I was trying to avoid, with only a week or so to go before I have to give up the site for good.

DamianTV
05-06-2013, 09:20 AM
The Founding Fathers were able to fight against the tyranny that controlled the British Govt without internet what so ever. Even if you're not active on the site, you can still inspire the message Ron Paul carries where ever you go. Freedom is a way of life, and that applies to offline as well as online. I hope things get better for you.

angelatc
05-06-2013, 09:36 AM
I am in the same financial boat. But if you're not a 9/11 truther / conspiracy nut, I can almost certainly offer you posting privileges on RedStateEclectic. We need a Common Core expert.

We can throw up a forwarding thing, and combine our audiences.

I'll PM you.

Anti Federalist
05-06-2013, 10:34 AM
I am in the same financial boat. But if you're not a 9/11 truther / conspiracy nut, I can almost certainly offer you posting privileges on RedStateEclectic. We need a Common Core expert.

I'll PM you.

I would not be welcome?

I am sad.

jbauer
05-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I would not be welcome?

I am sad.

You're a great poster, but sometimes you're out there a bit. Doesn't stop me from rep+ing you when you're right on the money!!!

angelatc
05-07-2013, 07:31 AM
I would not be welcome?

I am sad.

I am not really good at diplomacy, but the blog Laura runs is designed to spread the liberty message, not conspiracy theories. A piece about how the FBI has been involved in the terror plots so far would be welcome. A piece comparing backpacks and people in hats....not so much.

Matt's content is fantastic, btw. He hasn't responded to my email or this thread, so I hope he was able to work something out.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-07-2013, 09:59 AM
You're a great poster, but sometimes you're out there a bit. Doesn't stop me from rep+ing you when you're right on the money!!!

99%, and 900,000 posts, that's pretty good.

I have been a RP supporter since 2008, and did quite a bit of work fundraising and spreading news online for his 2012 run. I have donated to Ron and many of the up and coming liberty candidates(hundreds of dollars), but I'm hitting a time where I have to severely cut back my expenses to keep a roof over my families head. My hosting for the next year is coming up in a week and I won't be able to foot the bill.

Who is your host, and how much is the yearly bill? (I didn't go digging)

Maybe go monthly hosting instead of yearly... and you can surely monetize that blog better than you are right now. Do you have the skills to move it?

I'll PM you.

I don't really care what kind of nut you are, but if you aren't careful about a transition like that, you'll lose a lot in the process. (I'm talking about link juice, goodwill, etc)

angelatc
05-07-2013, 10:45 AM
... if you aren't careful about a transition like that, you'll lose a lot in the process. (I'm talking about link juice, goodwill, etc)

Good to know. If it comes to fruition, I might be asking you questions.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Good to know. If it comes to fruition, I might be asking you questions.

I'll happily help. Part of such a transition is that you want to keep the old domain active, and use mod rewrite rules in htaccess, so that links pointing to each page on the old site point to each page on the new site properly. You'll need a consistent and orderly naming convention from one domain to the other, like a subdirectory, or a "1-" in front of each content page, or whatever makes sense to make things uniform.

It might cost $30-60 per year, but it keeps the old content from being flagged as duplicate, while allowing the existing links to pass to the new pages... page by page. (and also a positive effect on the site merged to.) $60 for a year of that is way less than what it would take to gain new links to the older content. Now, that is also about the same price of the OP keeping the same site going, but if a merger makes sense, then that will allow the OP to help make the biggest contribution in the process, which will be to the benefit of all involved.

I'm not really the expert, but I've done this a few times and know a few experts.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-07-2013, 11:14 AM
The Founding Fathers were able to fight against the tyranny that controlled the British Govt without internet what so ever. Even if you're not active on the site, you can still inspire the message Ron Paul carries where ever you go. Freedom is a way of life, and that applies to offline as well as online. I hope things get better for you.
except the population of the u.s was 2.5 million in 1776, now it's over 300 million.