PDA

View Full Version : Number Of Names On Terrorism Suspect Database Jumps To 875,000

sailingaway
05-05-2013, 11:39 PM
According to Shakespeare suspicion always haunts the guilty mind. Is it any wonder the American imperial government can’t stop itself from adding names to its enemies list? Torturing people at Gitmo, killing children in Afghanistan, drone strikes throughout the world – the suspicion piles up along with the bodies of innocents. And so Reuters reports the terrorism suspect database now stands at 875,000 names.

The number of names on a highly classified U.S. central database used to track suspected terrorists has jumped to 875,000 from 540,000 only five years ago, a U.S. official familiar with the matter said.

Among those was suspected Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, whose name was added in 2011. The increase in names is due in part to security agencies using the system more in the wake of the failed 2009 attack on a plane by “underpants bomber” Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab in Detroit.

Intelligence and law enforcement officials acknowledged in Congress that they had missed clues to that attack despite Abdulmutallab’s name appearing in the main database, known as TIDE

Yes, you read that correctly. That is now two names that appeared in this database that were able to go forward with their attacks. Which begs the question – what is the point of this list? And why is it so large?

U.S. officials now acknowledge that Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s name was entered into TIDE by the CIA in the autumn of 2011, after the U.S. spy agency received a request from Russian authorities to investigate him for suspected radical Islamist activities.

The CIA would later claim the FBI dropped the ball. President Obama disclosed that the FBI had interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev apparently concluding he was not a threat. But if there are 875,000 wannabe Boston Bombers out there the U.S. is finished. Boston was shutdown for an entire day millions gone in lost commercial activity, how many times can they afford to do that? How many other cities could?

Of course, there aren’t 875,000 terrorists trying to destroy America, not even close, which means this list is packed with people who are going to be harassed and inconvenienced by the American government along with the real terrorists who will only receive a cursory glance as the bureaucracy simply runs through its checklist. This is exactly the wrong way to right terrorism, it’s not about quantity, it’s about quality. The security services had Tamerlan and instead of doing the thorough job they should have done, that they were warned to do by other governments, they dropped the ball and moved on to some other person in their 875,000 person database. Fail.

more: http://news.firedoglake.com/2013/05/03/number-of-names-on-terrorism-suspect-database-jumps-to-875000/

oyarde
05-05-2013, 11:58 PM
I wonder how many are listed more than once , how many are deceased , how many are actually here,how many are any real threat how they could do nothing with a list of 1/2 million and are now ready for a list of a million and health care files on over 300 million ??

sailingaway
05-06-2013, 12:02 AM
out of the 300,000 in the US, probably a third isn't age suitable, so that's a higher percentage. They will probably just put everyone on it, to comply with the administration's drone policy ,that everyone of potential military age shall be 'deemed' and enemy combatant....

that makes it simpler....

Michigan11
05-06-2013, 12:02 AM
The more the merrier. Only under a million? Nice fear factor the gov is trying to throw out there towards the general public.

Anti Federalist
05-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Ban people.

J_White
05-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Ban people.
LOL, thats the next logical step !

tangent4ronpaul
05-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Only 5% of the list are US citizens.

Still, if there were 5,000 "terrorists" in this country, this country would no longer exist. Double or quadruple that number for visa's, green cards, illegals, etc.

-t

Weston White
05-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Personally, I consider it a badge of honor to be placed on the so-called “Terrorist Watch-list”.

NOTE TO THE FBI: To any FBI agents reading this thread, please add me to that very bogus list; just mark me in right below Cat Stevens and plus one your tally. By the way, your so-called “War on Terror” is an epic joke and insult against every single American citizen. Thank you.

WhistlinDave
05-06-2013, 02:08 AM
Your search returned 875,000 results. To narrow your search, try removing some search terms, and pull your heads out of your asses.

DamianTV
05-06-2013, 02:20 AM
The Govt already has the most accurate list of who the terrorists are: Govt Payroll.

KingNothing
05-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Personally, I consider it a badge of honor to be placed on the so-called “Terrorist Watch-list”.

NOTE TO THE FBI: To any FBI agents reading this thread, please add me to that very bogus list; just mark me in right below Cat Stevens and plus one your tally. By the way, your so-called “War on Terror” is an epic joke and insult against every single American citizen. Thank you.

RIDE ON THE PEACE TRAIN, MY FRIEND. (to a Fusion Center.)

Weston White
05-06-2013, 04:58 AM
RIDE ON THE PEACE TRAIN, MY FRIEND. (to a Fusion Center.)

What is that code-speak for Amtrak? Sorry, but I don't think Amtrak provides for horizontal seating arrangements.

moostraks
05-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Your search returned 875,000 results. To narrow your search, try removing some search terms, and pull your heads out of your asses.:D

Natural Citizen
05-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Well...it's supply and demand. Multi-national defense corporations are people too, you know. Oh, it official...of, by and for and all of that so...yeah. Another government controlled market and business is most definitely boomin'. Growth versus survival.