PDA

View Full Version : Holder - Feds Will Ignore State Laws And Force Gun Grab!

DamianTV
05-05-2013, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZhaWc803AI&feature=player_embedded
http://investmentwatchblog.com/red-alert-eric-holder-says-feds-will-ignore-state-laws-and-enforce-gun-grab/

Christian Liberty
05-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Those agents should be executed by the freedom-loving (At least comparatively) government in Kansas. They should be sentenced to hanging in the public square. Show the Obama-admin we mean business.

Chuck Baldwin was right, this is the line in the sand.

Zippyjuan
05-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Holder's letter:
http://htmlimg2.scribdassets.com/1s10o8oao2dbg4u/images/1-eb758f441a.jpg

http://www.scribd.com/doc/139327761/Eric-Holder-Letter-To-Sam-Brownback

Brownback's responce:
https://governor.ks.gov/media-room/media-releases/2013/05/02/governor-to-ag-holder-kansans-hold-dear-the-right-to-keep-bear-arms

May 2, 2013

Attorney General Eric Holder
Office of the Attorney General
Washington, DC 20530

Dear Attorney General Holder:

The State of Kansas is in receipt of your letter in which you place Kansas on notice regarding the view of the Obama Administration concerning the state’s Second Amendment Protection Act.

The right to keep and bear arms is a right that Kansans hold dear. It is a right enshrined not only in the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, but also protected by the Kansas Bill of Rights. The people of Kansas have repeatedly and overwhelmingly reaffirmed their commitment to protecting this fundamental right. The people of Kansas are likewise committed to defending the sovereignty of the State of Kansas as guaranteed in the Ninth and Tenth Amendments to the United States Constitution.

The state’s Second Amendment Protection Act, which expressly restates our commitment to these rights, was approved by wide, bi-partisan margins in the Kansas Legislature. The measure was adopted by a vote of 35 to 4 in the Kansas Senate with the Democrat Senate Minority Leader supporting the bill. The measure was adopted by a vote of 96 to 24 in the Kansas House of Representatives. Again, the Democrat House Minority Leader voted for the bill. This is not a partisan issue in Kansas.

The people of Kansas have clearly expressed their sovereign will. It is my hope that upon further review, you will see their right to do so.

Sincerely,

Sam Brownback
Governor

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Louisiana House bill bans enforcement of federal gun lawshttp://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20130424/NEWS01/304230038/Louisiana-House-bill-bans-enforcement-federal-gun-laws

He said he didn’t have a problem with the portion of his bill that says anyone who tried to enforce any federal law restricting gun ownership — even agents of the federal Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms division — would be arrested, tried and possibly fined $5,000 and sent to prison for up to two years.

come and take 'em.

Anti Federalist
05-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Best news I've heard all year.

SilverWood
05-05-2013, 05:25 PM
There is an AK-47 video posted in this forum. ;)

Christian Liberty
05-05-2013, 05:27 PM
I still want to know why we're letting these thugs continue to breathe, but I guess its a start. Seriously though, letting them OUT is a recipe for disaster. At least hold them indefinitely (I'm fine with a "Without trial" here, these people are self-evidently guilty and are the same people that THINK they have a right to enforce NDAA 2012... then again, I just think all Federal agents should be deported, and just being a Federal agent should be a crime.)

Zippyjuan
05-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Is there a list of the guns they are grabbing?

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 05:32 PM

they need a registry first, along with medical records. then they will decide who can own what.

Christian Liberty
05-05-2013, 05:32 PM
It doesn't matter, they're already enforcing old gun control laws. Give them 24 hours to leave the state...

Zippyjuan
05-05-2013, 05:33 PM
OK. Headline made it sound like they were ready to go on seizing guns from people.

Anti Federalist
05-05-2013, 05:33 PM

Oh, hundreds of imports and variants, new Class III weapons, non ATF 912 compliant parts...pretty big list already.

Hundreds more if proposed legislation passes.

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 05:34 PM
OK. Headline made it sound like they were ready to go on seizing guns from people.

if they had their wish.... its only a matter of time.

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Oh, hundreds of imports and variants, new Class III weapons, non ATF 912 compliant parts...pretty big list already.

Hundreds more if proposed legislation passes.

with the new laws in this state, anyone who is not currently in prison can own and bare arms. it hasn't been challenged yet, but it is assumed that the permit for conceal will be gone too.
too many armed terrorist in this state. louisiana is a rouge nation now. commence the droning.

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 05:45 PM
next time I see an ATF agent or agents enforcing federal gun control crap in my state, i'm calling the cops.
yeah, i said it. i'm calling the pigs on them.

Christian Liberty
05-05-2013, 05:48 PM
next time I see an ATF agent or agents enforcing federal gun control crap in my state, i'm calling the cops.
yeah, i said it. i'm calling the pigs on them.
Yeah, I think its acceptable to fight the national government with local government. Decentralization is still a step in the right direction towards liberty.

american.swan
05-05-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't see local agencies "fighting" federal agencies as being horribly realistic. Maybe a way to do it would be to have a ceremony for all the able bodied gun owners in a county take gun classes and carry a badge as off duty police officers. That way any gun confiscation would be literally against the local police themselves.

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 06:00 PM
I don't see local agencies "fighting" federal agencies as being horribly realistic. Maybe a way to do it would be to have a ceremony for all the able bodied gun owners in a county take gun classes and carry a badge as off duty police officers. That way any gun confiscation would be literally against the local police themselves.

the state legislature has directed the state troopers to make such arrest by prescribing the penalty for violating the law. the law being the 2nd amendment.
what we are doing in louisiana should be common place. police arresting other government agents that are violating the law.

TheTexan
05-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Kansas would be a fine state to have the honor of being the first to arrest the feds. Good on them.

And so would Louisiana :)

madengr
05-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Thread here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?413026-Eric-Holder-challenges-KS-Firearms-Freedom-Act

Neil Desmond
05-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Brownback's responce:
https://governor.ks.gov/media-room/media-releases/2013/05/02/governor-to-ag-holder-kansans-hold-dear-the-right-to-keep-bear-arms

May 2, 2013

Attorney General Eric Holder
Office of the Attorney General
Washington, DC 20530

Dear Attorney General Holder:

The State of Kansas is in receipt of your letter in which you place Kansas on notice regarding the view of the Obama Administration concerning the state’s Second Amendment Protection Act.

The right to keep and bear arms is a right that Kansans hold dear. It is a right enshrined not only in the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, but also protected by the Kansas Bill of Rights. The people of Kansas have repeatedly and overwhelmingly reaffirmed their commitment to protecting this fundamental right. The people of Kansas are likewise committed to defending the sovereignty of the State of Kansas as guaranteed in the Ninth and Tenth Amendments to the United States Constitution.

The state’s Second Amendment Protection Act, which expressly restates our commitment to these rights, was approved by wide, bi-partisan margins in the Kansas Legislature. The measure was adopted by a vote of 35 to 4 in the Kansas Senate with the Democrat Senate Minority Leader supporting the bill. The measure was adopted by a vote of 96 to 24 in the Kansas House of Representatives. Again, the Democrat House Minority Leader voted for the bill. This is not a partisan issue in Kansas.

The people of Kansas have clearly expressed their sovereign will. It is my hope that upon further review, you will see their right to do so.

Sincerely,

Sam Brownback
Governor

Wow!!! This is great! Because of this, my confidence in the society I live in and humanity in general has increased. Hopefully the the rest of the States in the Union will have similar laws in place soon (if not already) and follow The Very Honorable AND Admirable Governor Brownback's example in putting a federal government that is behaving in a rogue and disloyal manner against the Union in check.

No federal agents (employees, etc.) may infringe the constitutional and they have to obey state law just like anyone else. They as well as the US attorney general ought to know better, and they have no excuse if they don't respect the constitution and state laws (especially since these letters make it clear that Holder is aware of the situation); it's their fault if they infringe or commit violations and end up having to face the consequences.

DamianTV
05-05-2013, 07:35 PM

There sure is, but it is a very short list.

List of Guns to Grab
#1: Your Guns
/end of list

jkr
05-05-2013, 08:30 PM
"we WILL continue the WAR on AMERICANS..."

Dr.3D
05-05-2013, 08:45 PM
I guess the federal government doesn't understand, when it makes a law that is against the constitution of the United States, it can not expect to enforce it. To do so would be unconstitutional and thus illegal. That being the case, the individual states should step quickly to arrest those in the federal government who wish to enforce an unconstitutional law.

DamianTV
05-06-2013, 02:16 AM
I guess the federal government doesn't understand, when it makes a law that is against the constitution of the United States, it can not expect to enforce it. To do so would be unconstitutional and thus illegal. That being the case, the individual states should step quickly to arrest those in the federal government who wish to enforce an unconstitutional law.

When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law. - The Law

tod evans
05-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Prosecuting attorneys (including top-dog Holder) should be ousted from their position by any petition containing 25 signatures.

Furthermore indictment of a prosecutor should require only 100 signatures of citizenry not associated with the "Just-Us" department.

Due to a prosecutors incestuous relationship with both law enforcement and the courts all trials must take place on the public square free of all influence of the "Just-Us" department.

In other words, all rules of procedure normally granted to a citizen must be granted to the offending prosecutor by common citizens.

Sentencing must not include imprisonment in any facility currently in use by any branch of the "Just-Us" department, so such punishment as forced labor, public humiliation or public execution are to be handled by the citizens in the county where the prosecutor was found guilty.

Respect the will of the people or pay the price!

Enough hiding behind titles and immunity, if a man is going to prosecute his fellow citizens he must be held accountable to those very citizens!

[edit]

The job of prosecuting attorney is currently well compensated and the position garners esteem among lawyers. It's high time a measure of accountability was instituted.