PDA

View Full Version : AK-47 Wielding Gunman Fires 37 Times At Shocked Cops During Routine Traffic Stop

RonPaulFanInGA
05-05-2013, 10:31 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/04/ak-47-wielding-gunman-fires-37-times-at-shocked-cops-during-routine-traffic-stop/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfyTVFSoBUE

AFPVet
05-05-2013, 10:39 AM
This was a suicide by cop. He was just spraying indiscriminately. A round just happened to hit the female officer by chance. He clearly wanted them to kill him. That was a good shot grouping by the lead officer... he did exactly what you're supposed to do. He got cover/concealment and returned fire—shooting the subject until the threat was neutralized.

FSP-Rebel
05-05-2013, 10:42 AM
holy crap

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 10:43 AM
trendy

asurfaholic
05-05-2013, 10:46 AM
This was a suicide by cop.

Effective..

phill4paul
05-05-2013, 10:46 AM
37 shots and only wouded his target? This guy is as bad a shot as most cops....

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130207195516-04-california-manhunt-0207-horizontal-gallery.jpg

QuickZ06
05-05-2013, 10:47 AM
"We don’t know why he did it,”

“He was a scumbag, and a terrorist, and he’s dead.”

So you have no idea what is going on but he is already a terrorists.

Warlord
05-05-2013, 10:47 AM
I need AK's. Hit me up if you can help me out. Can do Western Union.

dannno
05-05-2013, 10:52 AM
So you have no idea what is going on but he is already a terrorists.

Well this is kind of odd

Stanko said eight 40-round magazines were found inside Gilkerson’s car, as well as some disturbing reading material (e.g., Backyard Rocketry: Converting Model Rockets into Explosive Missiles and Homemade Detonators: How to Make Them).

RonPaulFanInGA
05-05-2013, 10:56 AM
This was a suicide by cop. He was just spraying indiscriminately. A round just happened to hit the female officer by chance. He clearly wanted them to kill him.

I think you're exactly right. Listen between at 1:03-1:07 and the shooter is clearly saying "kill me, kill me."

green73
05-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Speechless (and a bit sick).

QuickZ06
05-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Well this is kind of odd

Ban magazines, ban toy rockets, ban it all!

Terrorists definitely is stretching it especially this early in the detective work.

Official word of the higher up's, guess I will take it........

Origanalist
05-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Yeah, obviously suicide by cop. I don't really get that, why force another human being to kill you? Good grief man, have the guts to do it yourself.

Tod
05-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I added this comment:

Just goes to show, background checks are nothing more than a useless infringement upon the rights of law-abiding citizens. There were no background checks prior to 1968, and that is the way it SHOULD be. If a person is known to be too dangerous to own a gun, then they are too dangerous to be roaming free on the streets. Every now and then you'll have someone like this guy with no prior history, but that comes with living in a free country, and what kind of person is so unAmerican as to not want to live in a free country?

hadda toss in the dig about gun-control freaks being unAmerican. :D

Tod
05-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Yeah, obviously suicide by cop. I don't really get that, why force another human being to kill you? Good grief man, have the guts to do it yourself.

Seriously. If I wanted to die via gunshot, I'd suck on the barrel of a 12 ga. Much less painless than the way he did it.

Warlord
05-05-2013, 11:21 AM
People wimp out if they have to pull the trigger so they prefer to go this way.

I've seen many jihadists prepare for the big day when they slam a half ton truck packed with explosives into another convoy. Takes a while to get yourself physched up and about 20% will chicken out in the end and run back to their mothers. Bless 'em.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-05-2013, 11:50 AM
holy crap

Seconded.

squarepusher
05-05-2013, 12:09 PM

I've seen many jihadists prepare for the big day when they slam a half ton truck packed with explosives into another convoy. Takes a while to get yourself physched up and about 20% will chicken out in the end and run back to their mothers. Bless 'em.

where have you seen this ? lol?

MelissaWV
05-05-2013, 12:25 PM
In the March 10 video

As I discussed with someone (who is smarter than I will ever be), there is usually a reason for news to be released when it is. Did we hear about this nationally before now? It's been nearly two months. Now, what on earth could be the reason behind releasing this now, with the shocking video? Hmmm. Oh wait I can still see my tab from here, and it says "AK-47-Wielding Gunman Fires...". It's almost as if there might be a connection somehow, like there might be some reason, some kind of "gun control" thing (I know! crazy talk!) that is served by showing this guy spraying bullets in the direction of police.

Warlord
05-05-2013, 12:34 PM
where have you seen this ? lol?

Too many times to tell you. The Soviets and Americans have experienced the wrath of the jihadists since I grew up round Nangarhar, eastern part of the Pachir Wa Agam district and close to Tora Bora and tribal regions of Pakistan.

Hey, I don't encourage it... I wish them well and offer to handle any gift money from the Taliban to the families. Those who chicken out by the way usually get found by the local militia and tied to lampposts in the town square and lashed at least 30 times. The pain is so unbearable it's said that the boys who wimped out wished they'd carry out their mission afterwards. That's justice for you, Afghan style.

kcchiefs6465
05-05-2013, 12:34 PM
As I discussed with someone (who is smarter than I will ever be), there is usually a reason for news to be released when it is. Did we hear about this nationally before now? It's been nearly two months. Now, what on earth could be the reason behind releasing this now, with the shocking video? Hmmm. Oh wait I can still see my tab from here, and it says "AK-47-Wielding Gunman Fires...". It's almost as if there might be a connection somehow, like there might be some reason, some kind of "gun control" thing (I know! crazy talk!) that is served by showing this guy spraying bullets in the direction of police.
Don't forget his bomb making books.

Of course there is a reason it was released. To enstill fear in people and make them think how helpless a world it would be without cops. Fear is the narrative. CISPA is much more likely to pass when the people accept the narrative that bomb making guides are online. Terrorists are everywhere. Do note the vague usage of the police's description, 'terrorist.' Seems some here may see this as a possible justification for armed drones. Police have an exceptionally dangerous job you know.

To be honest, I'm more worried about all of the rookie cops who are going to watch this bullshit, get a little fear in their heart, and mistakenly shoot a man for reaching or what have you.

SeanTX
05-05-2013, 01:38 PM
It's odd that so many are willing to fire on cops to commit "suicide by cop", but nobody is doing it to avenge all the innocents killed/falsely imprisoned by the police.

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 01:40 PM
It's odd that so many are willing to fire on cops to commit "suicide by cop", but nobody is doing it to avenge all the innocents killed/falsely imprisoned by the police.
yeah, i don't get that.
and- if he really wanted to die by gunshot, why was he strafing his steps?
why not walk straight up to the car, unafraid of any return fire?
the dude probably got hit by his own round that deflected off of an engine block. he shot worse than cops.

heavenlyboy34
05-05-2013, 01:41 PM
How so? Trying to avenge the murders of innocent mundanes is noble, but not in anyone's rational self-interest AFAIK. The typical person doesn't have the resources to do that. :( Just another reason I believe the cops should not be able to outgun mundanes.

jmdrake
05-05-2013, 01:48 PM

I wonder if his life insurance policy covered death while in commission of a crime but not death by suicide?

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-05-2013, 01:49 PM
I'd shit in my pants if someone jumped out of their car and started shooting an ak47 at me. Notice the white car that goes in reverse like 50mph LOL

P3ter_Griffin
05-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Link to full video:
http://news-herald.com/articles/2013/05/03/news/doc5183fccf74a53428767507.txt

Anyone know this area, if he had a stop sign? They pulled him over for taking a right while cars coming from his direction had the green light, as you can see about 20 seconds in. A van even yielded to him like he had the right-away.

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 01:50 PM
I'd shit in my pants if someone jumped out of their car and started shooting an ak47 at me. Notice the white car that goes in reverse like 50mph LOL

that's me.
'oops, need to find another route'

TruckinMike
05-05-2013, 01:54 PM
I need AK's. Hit me up if you can help me out. Can do Western Union.Ha Ha!! You are funny!!:D You probably have furniture, car parts, and cooking utensils made out of excess AK parts!

Warlord
05-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Hey Mike, you want to bring your truck to the Khyber Pass? I'll show you terrain you've never seen before...

talkingpointes
05-05-2013, 02:01 PM

Religion, I would bet this man though suicide was a one way sentence to hell. Which is probably all the more reason he wasn't intent on really shooting them. Nobody from that close with an immediate advantage is that bad of a shot or that stupid, really he had to just fire a few and approach the car to get them out and ... Yeah, but he didn't.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Ok this youtube comment made me lol for real

"Look, that AK47 tried to kill those cops."

The article says it's not a Ak47, just another gun styled after it.

brushfire
05-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Sh!t be gett'n real, in there.

In IL the police are requiring "Duty To Inform" for CCW/RTC legislation. I take it this guy was in a state that did not require DTI...

PaulConventionWV
05-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Ban magazines, ban toy rockets, ban it all!

Terrorists defiantly is stretching it especially this early in the detective work.

Official word of the higher up's, guess I will take it........

The word you're looking for is "definitely". "Defiantly" means with defiance, as in: the rebels fought back at the government in defiance of the law.

This has been your English lesson for today.

PaulConventionWV
05-05-2013, 02:11 PM

Maybe he hated cops?

green73
05-05-2013, 02:17 PM
The word you're looking for is "definitely". "Defiantly" means with defiance, as in: the rebels fought back at the government in defiance of the law.

God, don't you feel smart now?

PaulConventionWV
05-05-2013, 02:19 PM

Yes, I masturbated to my own superiority.

asurfaholic
05-05-2013, 02:33 PM

Uhh..

Warlord
05-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Uhh..

I've seen the whites of their eyes from those cray motherf**kers. Believe me, you wouldn't want to be around them when they're putting on the suicide vest...

Sola_Fide
05-05-2013, 02:48 PM
I've seen the whites of their eyes from those cray motherf**kers. Believe me, you wouldn't want to be around them when they're putting on the suicide vest...

So, you're over there killing there terrists huh?

kcchiefs6465
05-05-2013, 02:51 PM
I wonder if his life insurance policy covered death while in commission of a crime but not death by suicide?
What? There are policies that cover death while in commission of a crime?

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 02:52 PM

I can get a policy that covers suicide. now what?

Warlord
05-05-2013, 02:58 PM
So, you're over there killing there terrists huh?

No I don't kill anyone except those thieves from Kunar who attack our convoys. I certainly will kill them sons of bitches. They mostly hit at night and sometimes with RPG's. They've got night vision goggles stolen from the US military. I know this because one of the local commanders found one of their hideouts in a village in Anchin and shot the place up with his guys so they fled quickly and left a box of goodies behind. We gave them to our men who travel with the convoy's and so try and use some kind of early warning system but we're clearly outnumbered when they attack.

I've tried to sort this out with the governor numerous times but he's a puppet of Karzai and holds no sway.

Sola_Fide
05-05-2013, 03:01 PM
No I don't kill anyone except those thieves from Kunar who attack our convoys. I certainly will kill them sons of bitches. They mostly hit at night and sometimes with RPG's. They've got night vision goggles stolen from the US military. I know this because one of the local commanders found one of their hideouts in a village in Anchin and shot the place up with his guys so they fled quickly and left a box of goodies behind. We gave them to our men who travel with the convoy's and so try and use some kind of early warning system but we're clearly outnumbered when they attack.

I've tried to sort this out with the governor numerous times but he's a puppet of Karzai and holds no sway.

So, you're brainwashed into thinking that you aren't oppressing and murdering people? You should be ashamed of yourself.

devil21
05-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Seems to me Warlord is a parody profile. The sig? Come on. I laughed....

Warlord
05-05-2013, 03:06 PM
So, you're brainwashed into thinking that you aren't oppressing and murdering people? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Huh? We do what we have to do. We're independent. To be honest I'm sick of the fighting but chaos is good for business and protection is the name of the game.

Sola_Fide
05-05-2013, 03:06 PM

Are you sure?

kcchiefs6465
05-05-2013, 03:07 PM
I can get a policy that covers suicide. now what?
Let me rephrase.

kcchiefs6465
05-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Are you sure?
Yes, I'm sure.

And I find it hilarious that some people actually respond to him and even gave him rep. He is a very talented troll though. His posts are more amusing than most.

Warlord
05-05-2013, 03:09 PM

I'm pleased you find it amusing but try living in the middle of a war zone with Taliban in the mountains and F-16 NATO jets pummeling them just a dozen miles away. It's enough to drive you crazy but we're kind of used to it after 12 years.

Sola_Fide
05-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Yes, I'm sure.

And I find it hilarious that some people actually respond to him and even gave him rep. He is a very talented troll though. His posts are more amusing than most.

Oh, ok. I'm pretty gullible it seems.

kcchiefs6465
05-05-2013, 03:11 PM
And as to a policy that covers suicide, I'd have to see it to believe it. Why and the hell would an insurance company cover suicide? Poor people would be offing themselves left and right for their families. Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.

TruckinMike
05-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Hey Mike, you want to bring your truck to the Khyber Pass? I'll show you terrain you've never seen before...No, but I would like to bring my khyber Pass side folder. That would be a great photo op. ---> A khyber Pass in Khyber Pass -- UNFETTERED AWESOMENESS!:D

Warlord
05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Any time buddy, just give me a call on the Inmarsat satellite phone (it's usually charging at night so 9-5 local time only)

asurfaholic
05-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Any time buddy, just give me a call on the Inmarsat satellite phone (it's usually charging at night so 9-5 local time only)

Uhhh

pcosmar
05-05-2013, 04:11 PM
I don't want to watch the video.. i have read (scanned) most of the thread.

I would like to know what drugs (SSRIs) were in his system,, and who was whispering in his ear prior to this.

And did his shrink have any "unusual" government connections.

I don't know. I do suspect

jmdrake
05-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Let me rephrase.

I dunno. Just wondering. The policy would have to specifically disclaim it though. And what crimes are not covered? If you are drunk driving and fatally killed is your family covered? In some states excessive speeding is a crime. (You can get jail time.) Are you covered or not covered? I guess if he had a policy (or thought he had a policy) that didn't disclaim coverage for death while committing a crime, but did disclaim death by suicide, then suicide by cop over other forms of suicide would be strangely logical. Then again he could have just pimp slapped a drug dealer.

SilverWood
05-05-2013, 05:07 PM
30% police officers must be friends with criminals & frauds.

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Then again he could have just pimp slapped a drug dealer.
true. there are many ways to suicide yourself.

bolil
05-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Meh, my record on cops speaks for itself but this was a good kill.

Nevermind that police were involved, that guy was spraying an AK without discretion. I would have shot him too. Good on these cops.

AngryCanadian
05-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Meh, my record on cops speaks for itself but this was a good kill.

Nevermind that police were involved, that guy was spraying an AK without discretion. I would have shot him too. Good on these cops.

For once i agree, the guy seemed to be either these three options.

1.Drug Dealer/ Drug deal gone bust and know the dead suspect wanted to die in fear for his life.
2.Abused adult mistreated and had issues.
3. Gang member did something wrong and wants to die.

Take your pick.

QuickZ06
05-05-2013, 06:41 PM

Shit I always heard when you start correcting people, that means there is nothing left in your life to correct. You must be that man they call Jesus?

Working Poor
05-05-2013, 06:42 PM

sounds boring as hell.

QuickZ06
05-05-2013, 06:44 PM

Hez gots dat e-boner 4 mee!

better-dead-than-fed
05-05-2013, 06:55 PM
deleted

better-dead-than-fed
05-05-2013, 07:07 PM
deleted

PaulConventionWV
05-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Yes, I'm sure.

Umm, I think he might actually be from Afghanistan. What makes you so sure he's trolling just because he doesn't seem like most posters?

PaulConventionWV
05-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Shit I always heard when you start correcting people, that means there is nothing left in your life to correct. You must be that man they call Jesus?

I don't know where you heard that. People correct people all the time... normal people, like you and me. Together we can raise each other up. BELIEVE IN THE FUTRE! Believe in better grammar.

Bastiat's The Law
05-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Seems to be a variant AK-47, and not fully automatic.

What were the cops armed with, Glocks perhaps?

KingNothing
05-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Stanko said eight 40-round magazines were found inside Gilkerson’s car, as well as some disturbing reading material (e.g., Backyard Rocketry: Converting Model Rockets into Explosive Missiles and Homemade Detonators: How to Make Them

Jesus. It's like those books were titled JUST to make people suspicious of the buyer! Jesus!

VoluntaryAmerican
05-07-2013, 09:39 AM

Huh?

The Newtown shooting happened in December... this happened in March... and we are hearing about it in May.

How does delaying the story's release help the gun control agenda?

What is more likely is that the cops released the dash camera video later because they were still investigating.

KingNothing
05-07-2013, 09:53 AM

I imagine you'd have erectile difficulties if you attempted that, you inferior zilch.

KingNothing
05-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Stanko said eight 40-round magazines were found inside Gilkerson’s car, as well as some disturbing reading material (e.g., Backyard Rocketry: Converting Model Rockets into Explosive Missiles and Homemade Detonators: How to Make Them

Jesus. It's like those books were titled JUST to make people suspicious of the buyer! Jesus!

Violent Crime and You: How to Become the Murderer You'd Always Dreamed of Being

Pericles
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM

If you aren't paying the guy's salary, what's your beef? There is a market for mercenaries and militias, so libertarians should be OK with it.

Pericles
05-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I dunno. Just wondering. The policy would have to specifically disclaim it though. And what crimes are not covered? If you are drunk driving and fatally killed is your family covered? In some states excessive speeding is a crime. (You can get jail time.) Are you covered or not covered? I guess if he had a policy (or thought he had a policy) that didn't disclaim coverage for death while committing a crime, but did disclaim death by suicide, then suicide by cop over other forms of suicide would be strangely logical. Then again he could have just pimp slapped a drug dealer.

Because of my previous life in the Army (and you never know what is in the future), my policy is simple - I die and they pay (and they used to pay cash until all of that anti terrorist crap got passed into law about cash payments).

kcchiefs6465
05-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Umm, I think he might actually be from Afghanistan. What makes you so sure he's trolling just because he doesn't seem like most posters?
Because of his ridiculous bullshit posts (his first 40 or so) and the fact that his grammar is better than mine. No way in hell he is a warlord rebel from Afghanistan. Obviously he is slightly educated on the region or read the Wiki page on Tora Bora but come on. Guy is talking about how many suicide bombers he has seen and the white in their eyes. A literal lmao on that one. For God sake, if his ISP states he is from Tora Bora, ban the SOB before the feds monitor this site even moreso. If he is just trolling, as I think he is, though he has calmed down some of the idiocy, ban him for trolling. I'm surprised he is still here to be honest. Eduardo would be proud. (assuming it isn't eduardo having a little fun)

You mean to tell me that the mountain man in Tora Bora knows more about United States politics than half the people here? Myself included? I call bullshit.

His first posts were the most amusing. He is a very talented troll.

Todd
05-07-2013, 01:00 PM
37 shots and only wouded his target? This guy is as bad a shot as most cops....

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130207195516-04-california-manhunt-0207-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Have you been in a gun fight with someone shooting back?

Warlord
05-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Because of his ridiculous bullshit posts (his first 40 or so) and the fact that his grammar is better than mine. No way in hell he is a warlord rebel from Afghanistan. Obviously he is slightly educated on the region or read the Wiki page on Tora Bora but come on. Guy is talking about how many suicide bombers he has seen and the white in their eyes. A literal lmao on that one. For God sake, if his ISP states he is from Tora Bora, ban the SOB before the feds monitor this site even moreso. If he is just trolling, as I think he is, though he has calmed down some of the idiocy, ban him for trolling. I'm surprised he is still here to be honest. Eduardo would be proud. (assuming it isn't eduardo having a little fun)

You mean to tell me that the mountain man in Tora Bora knows more about United States politics than half the people here? Myself included? I call bullshit.

His first posts were the most amusing. He is a very talented troll.

Eduardo? That son of a bitch visited me once in a cave up west and was too skinny to join us on an operation. The only use we had for him was sending him to Quetta with an ounce of opium stuffed up his ass. He did well though and we paid him $3,000 and a night with a the local bellydancer. He enjoyed his visit and said he'd be back next year.

kcchiefs6465
05-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Eduardo? That son of a bitch visited me once in a cave up west and was too skinny to join us on an operation. The only use we had for him was sending him to Quetta with an ounce of opium stuffed up his ass. He did well though and we paid him $3,000 and a night with a the local bellydancer. He enjoyed his visit and said he'd be back next year.
Lmao. That is damn near sig worthy.