PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam-era Rudy: Vietnam not "just war" per Catholicism

bbachtung
11-25-2007, 04:08 PM
From a Newsweek cover story on Giuliani out today:

(Giuliani had dropped out of Air Force ROTC, citing a slight hearing impediment, and told colleagues that Vietnam did not meet the Catholic definition of a "just war.")

http://www.newsweek.com/id/72121/page/4

torchbearer
11-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeh, well if rudy was going to be put on the front lines in Iraq he'd be singing that same tune today...
I find it obscene how some people are so eager to spill the blood of others...

trispear
11-25-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't see a 30+ year old opinion mattering that much, what I do see as a problem is dropping out of the ROTC with such a lame excuse that's obviously not been an issue all these years. Will cost him votes.

bbachtung
11-25-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't see a 30+ year old opinion mattering that much, what I do see as a problem is dropping out of the ROTC with such a lame excuse that's obviously not been an issue all these years. Will cost him votes.

The most interesting part of the quote is that it is EXACTLY what Ron Paul has been saying about the Catholic doctrine of "just war," which Giuliani and the warmongers who booed RP at the Values Voters Debate have ridiculed.

torchbearer
11-25-2007, 04:25 PM
The most interesting part of the quote is that it is EXACTLY what Ron Paul has been saying about the Catholic doctrine of "just war," which Giuliani and the warmongers who booed RP at the Values Voters Debate have ridiculed.

The GOP has become so corrupt that it has turned completely against everything it is suppost to stand for... its very obvious the GOP will self-destruct if they don't nominate Ron Paul.