PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Letter Bomb

WA_Firefighter
11-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi everyone,

*NOTE* This is not a proposed act of violence, yet simply a peaceful way of supporting Ron Paul through sending mail written or typed letters.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, if it has just delete this post.

With the Tea Party really becoming a big hit and promising to be even bigger than November 5th, we really have a chance to shock the MSM once again. As already stated, with all the time between now and then (plus the 30th) time is on our side to boost the amount of supporters. How can we do that? Word of mouth is the most obvious and most discussed perhaps, but what else?

What about a 'new' kind of BOMB. A bomb that virtually any ron paul supporter can participate in. The week before December 16th, (maybe starting on a certain day) we 'BOMB' newspapers, magazines, and blog sites with letters to the editorial sections. I'm talking everything from local town newspapers to the USA daily. People can write to spread the message, talk about the anniversary of the Tea Party and the money bomb, and GAIN new supporters! There are WAY too many people, at least around where I live, who DON'T know who ron paul is. I'm sure that's not a new thought... Another nice thing is this is cheap, if not free, and does not take away from other efforts. If we get even the amount of pledges that the tea party has right now we could make our message heard. This could attract even just 10,000 new donators for the tea party!

So... Anyone in? If so, we'd probably need to brainstorm a good day. I haven't written a letter to a editor yet so I'm not sure the period of time that should be allowed. I'm just trying for some other ideas as right now I'm adding up stuff to sell on craigslist so I can make two good sized donations on the 30th and the 16th.

Alex

literatim
11-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Really, don't combine "letter" and "bomb".

WA_Firefighter
11-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Touche'!

Well, obviously another type of name.

literatim
11-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Letter surge. :)

WA_Firefighter
11-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Yes, there ya go. Why support the troop surge when you can support the Letter surge!

haha

voiceactivated
11-27-2007, 11:35 PM
This is an excellent idea. Please share it with the members of your meetup groups.

NY4RP
11-29-2007, 05:17 PM
I wrote a letter to some editors today and I will post the text here so people can reuse it word-for-word or edit how they like. I sent this to the New York Times, Boston Globe, Buffalo News, Poughkeepsie Journal, Portsmouth Herald, and The Journal News(westchester, NY) so don't send the same letter word-for-word to those publications. There is also a good directory with links to most US newspapers here: http://www.refdesk.com/paper.html

Here is the letter text:

Dear Editor:

First, I want to establish that I am not a member of, or employee of any political campaign, party, PAC, or anything to that effect. I am just an average voter. I am writing to implore you and your paper to take a deeper look into the candidacy of Republican Congressman Dr. Ron Paul. Dr. Paul’s campaign platform has been based on very basic issues: the constitution, civil liberties, a humble foreign policy, and a return to sound money to name a few. He has gained considerable public support through grassroots efforts, mass donations (4.3 million in a single day), and a loyal base of supporters. Yet, the general trend within the mainstream media has been to simply ignore Congressman Paul as a serious contender for the nomination. I hope your publication can help the American voter make a more informed decision at the polls this election season.

Thanks sincerely,
-----------------------------------------------

Good luck!

sroll2237
12-01-2007, 09:32 PM
this is a good idea