PDA

View Full Version : A Major New Liberty TV Network Is On The Way!

ZakCarter
05-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Jennifer Grossman (formerly w/Cato Institute, now Senior VP at Dole Fruit) is heading up a liberty/libertarian television network along with Michael Strong (run’s John Mackey’s Conscious Capitalism org) and Ricky Ray Butler. (Plaid Media/Endorse Liberty PAC) Ricky Ray is also introducing Jennifer to the other tech geniuses/Silicon Valley creatives who were the motor behind that PAC that supported Ron Paul last year.

More information can be found by following these links -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7fITwuzPoM

http://www.jagtv.com/#!the-network/c1mi2

The branding will evolve, and I've introduced the team to my friend Justin Machecek, who is the senior on air producer (and an Emmy winner) at an established network. Justin has experience branding something that's already on the air, and this will be much easier.

I've also been busy introducing the team to other great content creators and journalists like my friend Mark Basile, (who produces a show on Spike TV right now) Tyrel Ventura, (Jesse's son) Jill Trammell, (produces a show on Discovery) Josh Tolley, Tatiana Moroz and Ben Swann, as well as Hollywood heavyweights like Michael O'Donnell, (worked on Spiderman and Pirates of the Caribbean) Rick Probst (Hansel and Gretel and the latest Die Hard) and the libertarians who have to go to secret meetings just to keep their jobs at places like MGM.

What sets this network apart from Reason.TV, Infowars and the Next News Network? The vision for this network, is not for a libertarian version of Fox or MSNBC, but a full spectrum network with everything from reality TV, cartoons, movies, Music, comedy, lifestyle shows, etc, as well as the evening news, with undercurrents of liberty throughout the programming. We’ll create something the general public will watch, be entertained by, and the liberty message will spread like never before. The existing liberty networks will grow with us. We also plan on making this available beyond the internet, and on satellite and cable. It’s what the other side has been doing for decades, and it’s time we turned the tables.

We're still looking for a few amazing and well known individuals to fill out the board of directors. We want people who have executive level experience in film and television, but we also want a few more people who are just passionate about the cause of liberty who have business experience. We're also still looking for 1. other investors 2. talent in front of and behind the camera. Filling out a weeks worth of live, original and compelling content is a tall order, but something we'll be able to pull off with the caliber of people we are bringing onto our team by the time we launch this fall.

It’s definitely a project long overdue. Please let me know if you’d like to know more and are interested in being involved.

We’re also going to be having a membership drive over the summer, and are looking for fun things and cool items to auction and raffle off to help spread the word. Your donation will be much appreciated and not forgotten!

Donated items and gift vouchers can be sent to

JAGTV c/o
Michelle Poswillo
26202 Fairside Rd.
Malibu, CA 90265

Viva la Liberty! Let's make it mainstream!

In Liberty, Zak Carter
zakrevolution@yahoo.com
206-551-8704

TruckinMike
05-04-2013, 04:15 PM
hhmmmm....bump.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uWdrrh5x8K8/TWeevosvDOI/AAAAAAAAAEo/BQRWXgH5CFg/s1600/ca_029_calvin_hobbes_ponder__65012.gif

fr33
05-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Hmm. The youtube video was kind of annoying with the background music and I don't know why they want a picture of Clinton on their webpage.

ZakCarter
05-05-2013, 07:13 AM
We have new promo vids on the way...and I hear ya...Jennifer Grossman recently met with Judge Nap and has had meetings with Ron Paul.. (she's meeting with Penn Jillettes agent on Tuesday!) I'd much rather see those pics!

Cap
05-05-2013, 07:58 AM
I took the survey but no mention of the Fed or Economics. And yes, WTF is Clinton doing on the front page. That is a slap to face of the Liberty movement.

Adrock
05-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Is this only online or is it going to be cable too?

trey4sports
05-05-2013, 09:37 AM
I took the survey but no mention of the Fed or Economics. And yes, WTF is Clinton doing on the front page. That is a slap to face of the Liberty movement.

It is just giving her some credibility. proving that she is not an internet spammer in her parents basement.

Is this only online or is it going to be cable too?

Yeah that's what i want to know.

TruckinMike
05-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Lets play word association...

IF

"JAG is the gateway drug to Freedom"

AND

"Marijuana is the gateway drug to cocaine, LSD, and heroin"

AND since we all know that "cocaine,LSD, and heroin" are BAD

DOES that mean that freedom is BAD too?

Was your marketing department in a big rush? Did they not have enough time to think through their bad marketing? And does this Jennifer have any grassroots clout? What has she done for liberty in the past four years? Videos...sign waves...protest pics...a Ron Paul plastered car perhaps?

My sniff test is on full alert. .... it could be safe but stinky cheese or it could be something much worse.

TMike

FSP-Rebel
05-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Hope this pans out well, could be huge for the movement. Grossman is the real deal, just check out her subscriptions on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/jenniferagrossman/feed)

TruckinMike
05-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Hope this pans out well, could be huge for the movement. Grossman is the real deal, just check out her subscriptions on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/jenniferagrossman/feed)

8 months ago she subscribed to "the best of Paul Ryan", and seven months ago she subscribed to the official Ron Paul 2012 channel . Every other liberty oriented subscription was within 4 months. But I may have missed something that I didn't recognize.

With all that said I don't want to poo poo liberty action. If JAGTV is the real deal we will find out. I'll leave it at that and without donations(if they come calling). --- Which leads me to the question "who is funding this thing?"

BamaAla
05-05-2013, 01:50 PM
8 months ago she subscribed to "the best of Paul Ryan", and seven months ago she subscribed to the official Ron Paul 2012 channel . Every other liberty oriented subscription was within 4 months. But I may have missed something that I didn't recognize.

With all that said I don't want to poo poo liberty action. If JAGTV is the real deal we will find out. I'll leave it at that and without donations(if they come calling). --- Which leads me to the question "who is funding this thing?"

Good question. Maybe this new venture will not become the defenders of the (banana) republic!

brushfire
05-05-2013, 02:02 PM
JAG TV? As in Peewee Herman, Jag?

I wonder who's funding as well... We are in desperate need of competition to the MSM, and I would welcome a legitimate liberty based network - one that's not run by a shill. Its encouraging, and I'm willing to give it a chance, but JAG?

SkepticalMetal
05-05-2013, 02:11 PM
The one thing that I don't like here is that it sounds Cato-ish.

PatriotOne
05-05-2013, 02:26 PM

Indeed.

From 1989 to 1992, Grossman worked as a researcher, and later, speechwriter for George H. W. Bush.[2] After the White House, Grossman worked for Arianna Huffington, ultimately serving as communications director for Michael Huffington’s unsuccessful 1994 senate bid.[2] In 1995, Grossman served as the senior writer to the National Commission on Economic Growth and Tax Reform with the late Jack Kemp.[3] In 1996, Grossman joined the CATO Institute where she served as Education Policy Director.[4]

TaftFan
05-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Indeed.

From 1989 to 1992, Grossman worked as a researcher, and later, speechwriter for George H. W. Bush.[2] After the White House, Grossman worked for Arianna Huffington, ultimately serving as communications director for Michael Huffington’s unsuccessful 1994 senate bid.[2] In 1995, Grossman served as the senior writer to the National Commission on Economic Growth and Tax Reform with the late Jack Kemp.[3] In 1996, Grossman joined the CATO Institute where she served as Education Policy Director.[4]
You didn't highlight her joining CATO in 1996.

angelatc
05-05-2013, 02:56 PM

I don't care if she worships Satan if she can build an audience receptive to at least some version of the truth as we know it.

economics102
05-05-2013, 03:25 PM
As others have said, the question is whether they can spread the message. They shouldn't care whether people like us watch it and shouldn't be marketing to us.

Look at John Stossel's show. I suspect he's converted more than a few Republicans/"conservatives" to more libertarian-like views.

talkingpointes
05-05-2013, 03:41 PM

Yeah, I saw TMOT. Nice, that guy is pretty esoteric and has like 1,500 subscribers. That says legit.

NewRightLibertarian
05-05-2013, 03:53 PM
You didn't highlight her joining CATO in 1996.

You mean the place whose director supports new gun control regulations from the government?

Natural Citizen
05-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Monsanto commercials during the break? No?

SkepticalMetal
05-05-2013, 04:00 PM
You mean the place whose director supports new gun control regulations from the government?
That's the place. The ever-so-fraudulent place might I add.

TruckinMike
05-05-2013, 04:00 PM
I don't care if she worships Satan if she can build an audience receptive to at least some version of the truth as we know it.
I guess my beef with the whole thing is the title...

A Major New Liberty TV Network Is On The Way!

Maybe it should have read "quasi-liberty oriented network on its way!". At which my response would have been different. However my fears are that a liberty-esque network will come in and try to co-opt the message and re-direct folks... Glenn Beck anyone???

...With all that said I don't want to poo poo liberty action.

TMike

SkepticalMetal
05-05-2013, 04:01 PM
I guess my beef with the whole thing is the title...

Maybe it should have read "quasi-liberty oriented network on its way!". At which my response would have been different. However my fears are that a liberty-esque network will come in and try to co-opt the message and re-direct folks... Glenn Beck anyone???

TMike
I agree with your sentiment. Too many people already wallow in the misconception that liberty is limited government.

ZakCarter
05-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Some of the rest of the team -

http://www.jagtv.com/#!team-jag/c1zxm

Austin Petersen - former producer of Judge Nap's Freedom Watch

Justin Machacek - was spokesman of Evangelicals for Ron Paul 2012

Ricky Ray Butler - one of the duo that founded the Endorse Liberty Super PAC, the biggest PAC that supported Ron Paul last year.

Stephen Gordon - former political director and communications director of the Libertarian National Committee, and worked for both Michael Badnarik and Aaron Russo back in the day.

Michael Strong - runs John Mackey's "Conscious Capitalism" non-profit organization....

And wait till we announce who is on the board of directors when we finish putting that together;)

fr33
05-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Yeah I'm sorry for being the first to sound critical in this thread. We should at least give them a chance.

WhistlinDave
05-06-2013, 10:25 PM

+rep.

While everyone wishes we could have perfect, all-encompassing Liberty now, it's just not going to happen that way. We have a big fat stinky onion of entrenched big government, and it's taken a century or more for all the intertwined layers to build up to what it is today. Short of some cataclysmic event, you're not going to obliterate the whole onion instantly. We have to peel it back layer by layer, take our liberty back in whatever ways we can, even if it's a little at a time. Nullify this law, repeal that one, abolish this agency, etc.... You can't just wave a magic wand and get a 100% perfect anything instantly. Not a society, and not a TV station. I welcome any steps in the right direction, and enlightening the masses is one of the most important steps to take.

Anything that can compete with the MSM and present something closer to the truth is way better than what we have now, so I'll keep an open mind. I'm really excited to hear about this!

ZakCarter
05-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Thank you Whistlin Dave! Jennifer Grossman is in Vegas this week - she met with Penn & Teller's agent!!! ...anyone know of anyone else in Vegas she should meet with?