PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Blimp - Help Wanted

Elijah
11-25-2007, 03:50 PM
The Ron Paul Blimp Project (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com)

The Ron Paul Blimp (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com) project is coming together quickly, and we are on target to have the blimp in Boston on December 14th and be there for rallies (http://www.rightsrally07.com) on the weekend of the Tea Party Money Bomb (http://www.teapartyo7.com).

After that, it will head north to New Hampshire, then South Carolina and Florida. It will make stops along the way. Local Meetup groups are planning to rally at blimp landing sites along the route. Several people have expressed an interest in following the blimp on the ground as part of the tour.

Paid Positions Open

To make this project work, we need some key people right away, and there will be money to pay people for their sacrificed time from their normal jobs. That said, nobody is getting rich off of this project, so dedication to the cause is key. After we create miracles together, there will be plenty of future opportunities for all of us to earn plenty of money on other projects.

Treasurer

Just the blimp cost alone is $350,000 per month. There will be other things in the budget. We need somebody trustworthy with experience managing such a budget.

Webmaster

This is a historic world class operation and needs a world class website with features such as:

Content management system
Forum integration
Shopping cart expertise and integration
Multimedia integration

Video content management - High resolution video hosting a possibility
Picture management and "accessible" galleries (no flash)
Live webcasting such as www.Justin.tv

Pledge verifier for accuracy
Onboard GPS streaming coordinates to a Google maps API and integrated into the website
Real time pledge counting
Much, much, much, more

PR Agent

Media connections are critical to this role. Trevor Lyman, the force behind the November 5th Money Bomb will be traveling in the blimp for the tour. In all likelihood, the Tea Party Money Bomb will be even bigger.

We need an excellent PR agent to get Trevor and the blimp tour as much media coverage as possible. This entire project is about making a media spectacle and getting the media to cover it.

First Amendment Attorney

As the blimp tour moves to various locations in the current police state, we can expect some opposition to our free expression of constitutionally protected political speech. Being able to show government officials how the First Amendment applies to our activities, even if it means filing injunctions in court, will be critical. The ability to travel with the tour would be a plus. Expenses will be paid.

Barter Position Open

Videographer

Record history in the making as you fly in the blimp for the entire tour. We will structure a win-win division of rights to the footage.

How To Apply

Jerry Collette, the paralegal (http://www.inspirationparalegal.com) from RonPaulMax.com (http://www.ronpaulmax.com) is collecting applications at http://www.ronpaulmax.com/i_will_help.html.

RonPaul2012grassroots
11-25-2007, 03:56 PM
there will be plenty of future opportunities for all of us to earn plenty of money on other projects.

Uh-oh. Now you've done it. You can expect the attacks to start now. ;)

BTW, great effort there guys and gals. http://goldismoney.info/forums/images/smilies/thumbs_up.gif

deedles
11-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I want to donate now. That Huffpo article has p****d me off. Where?

llamabread
11-25-2007, 04:01 PM

at RonPaulBlimp.com of course.

(well, right now its just pledges)

TechnoGuyRob
11-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Forum integration
Multimedia integration
Onboard GPS streaming coordinates to a Google maps API and integrated into the website
Much, much, much, more

I can do the parts highlighted in bold. I probably can only handle one or two as to not overload. I'm a trusted member of these communities, but I'll provide you with personal information and previous experience, if you wish. Also, if someone else can handle the GPS stream (i.e., submitting the coordinates to someplace), then I could integrate into Google Maps as long as I have the GPS coordinates available. Of course, this could also be done by Dan B from RonPaulGraphs.com, because I see he has made a lot of neat Google Maps integration (and certainly has more experience than yours truly in it).

EDIT: Oops, didn't read the bottom. :) On it.

ashevillejerry
11-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Uh-oh. Now you've done it. You can expect the attacks to start now. ;)

Maybe I should clarify. When we say make money from other projects, we don't mean RP projects. We mean that, after people demonstrate their competence in this one, the people involved will be in demand by private industry.

BTW, great effort there guys and gals.

Thanks for the support.

ashevillejerry
11-25-2007, 04:06 PM

We need a treasurer before we can take a dime.

Drknows
11-25-2007, 04:26 PM
We need a treasurer before we can take a dime.

I nominate llepard for Treasurer if hes up for it, He seems to be good with money and trustworthy.

and to technorob (if you get that position) for a photo gallery i would just use flickr.com and youtube for Video content management. Just like ronpaul2008.com does so the videos and pictures can go viral. But im sure your more than capable of making a script that organizes the content on the main site.

Live webcasting should also incorporate a third party website maybe justin.tv or stickam. Stickam has widgets you can embed.

Web 2.0! Its all about networking. :D

Elijah
11-25-2007, 04:30 PM
I nominate llepard for Treasurer if hes up for it, He seems to be good with money and trustworthy.

and to technorob (if you get that position) for a photo gallery i would just use flickr.com and youtube for Video content management. Just like ronpaul2008.com does so the videos and pictures can go viral.

Live webcasting should also incorporate a third party website maybe justin.tv or stickam. Stickam has widgets you can embed.

Web 2.0! Its all about networking. :D

That would be great if Lawrence Lepard wanted to be the treasurer. We wouldn't even have to qualify him. I hope he applies, then everyone would feel better about it.

May I also add www.Vimeo.com for high resolution youtube style embedding.

Youtube seems like a must with it's popularity!!

promagma
11-25-2007, 05:04 PM
I can work on the actual blimp image. If you have an idea you want to see, post in the following thread. (many good ideas there already, maybe we are ready to vote)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39343

Also I can redesign the website (same text, just better formatting and the graphic up top).

cero
11-25-2007, 07:04 PM
THAT IS A GREAT IDEA
lets see if we can get llepard to be the treasurer!

Bacon
11-25-2007, 08:34 PM
I just applied to be the Webmaster for RonPaulBlimp.com

I have an excellent team that will make the best looking, most functional site for this project. This project cannon afford to have a sloppy, amateur design.

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 08:41 PM
The Ron Paul Blimp Project (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com)

The Ron Paul Blimp (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com) project is coming together quickly, and we are on target to have the blimp in Boston on December 14th and be there for rallies (http://www.rightsrally07.com) on the weekend of the Tea Party Money Bomb (http://www.teapartyo7.com).

After that, it will head north to New Hampshire, then South Carolina and Florida. It will make stops along the way. Local Meetup groups are planning to rally at blimp landing sites along the route. Several people have expressed an interest in following the blimp on the ground as part of the tour.

Paid Positions Open

To make this project work, we need some key people right away, and there will be money to pay people for their sacrificed time from their normal jobs. That said, nobody is getting rich off of this project, so dedication to the cause is key. After we create miracles together, there will be plenty of future opportunities for all of us to earn plenty of money on other projects.

Treasurer

Just the blimp cost alone is $350,000 per month. There will be other things in the budget. We need somebody trustworthy with experience managing such a budget.

Webmaster

This is a historic world class operation and needs a world class website with features such as:

Forum integration
Multimedia integration

Much, much, much, more

PR Agent

Media connections are critical to this role. Trevor Lyman, the force behind the November 5th Money Bomb will be traveling in the blimp for the tour. In all likelihood, the Tea Party Money Bomb will be even bigger.

We need an excellent PR agent to get Trevor and the blimp tour as much media coverage as possible. This entire project is about making a media spectacle and getting the media to cover it.

First Amendment Attorney

As the blimp tour moves to various locations in the current police state, we can expect some opposition to our free expression of constitutionally protected political speech. Being able to show government officials how the First Amendment applies to our activities, even if it means filing injunctions in court, will be critical. The ability to travel with the tour would be a plus. Expenses will be paid.

Barter Position Open

Videographer

Record history in the making as you fly in the blimp for the entire tour. We will structure a win-win division of rights to the footage.

How To Apply

Jerry Collette, the paralegal (http://www.inspirationparalegal.com) from RonPaulMax.com (http://www.ronpaulmax.com) is collecting applications at http://www.ronpaulmax.com/i_will_help.html.
An excellent and thought out request for the best help:D

MrCoffee
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
No one can really say how effective the blimp will be just yet, so there's no way to tell if it will be worth it.

Yes, the odds ARE against it being less than effective, but the odds are against Ron Paul as well. Just remember that ;). Not very many people expected 4.2 on the 5th, either.

llamabread
11-25-2007, 09:23 PM
actually didn't the owner since he's a ron paul supporters give us an extra 60 hours?
plus alot of money off on the blimp and artwork.

From what Elijah has said, the owner allowed us to get it for just a month (usually you have to pay for 3-6), has given us the artwork for free, and bumped up the usual 100 hours to 160 hours, all for a reduced price. This is the best deal we are going to get, although every time Elijah posts something new, it seems like the deal gets better and better.

ghemminger
11-25-2007, 09:40 PM
I think this would be a great event to promote on RPR! We could braodcast live interviews on the blimp and on the ground. Damn this is exciting! We could defininatly do some promotion for you!

Hook
11-26-2007, 12:15 AM
I vote for LLepard for the treasurer. I'm sure he'd do it for free, and he has enough money that I can trust him.

I might be able to help with the GPS thing. I have a serial GPS and can write code to update a web service through a Sprint mobile broadband card.
You guys may have a better way of doing it though.

Man from La Mancha
11-26-2007, 12:18 AM
I vote for LLepard for the treasurer. I'm sure he'd do it for free, and he has enough money that I can trust him.

I might be able to help with the GPS thing. I have a serial GPS and can write code to update a web service through a Sprint mobile broadband card.
You guys may have a better way of doing it though.Me too, I trust Llepard, but I know he could have family priorities that come 1st. But maybe he talk his wife into if she gets a ride?:)

Elijah
11-26-2007, 12:24 AM
From what Elijah has said, the owner allowed us to get it for just a month (usually you have to pay for 3-6), has given us the artwork for free, and bumped up the usual 100 hours to 160 hours, all for a reduced price. This is the best deal we are going to get, although every time Elijah posts something new, it seems like the deal gets better and better.

It does keep getting better and better! That must be a sign of things to come ;)!!!!

LBT
11-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Previously I was very sceptical about the blimp as a value investment / marketing tool.

But hats off to Elijah who seems to be putting something together that could be a great marketing success.

I especially like the idea that Trevor tours the country doing interviews (PR) with media all along the way. I think this combination can really work with media.

I also think the mash-up with google could have huge potential, helping to create ongoing participation and helping to draw crowds / parties at landing locations.

Happy to see it heading in a well leveraged, well planned direction. Also I would like to see someone who is well trusted like Mr. Lepard overseeing finances. The last thing a project like this needs is controversy about crooked dealings.

KCIndy
11-26-2007, 09:10 AM
This project cannon afford to have a sloppy, amateur design.

The blimp is going to have a cannon?? :):D:) Cool!!

troyd1
11-26-2007, 09:28 AM
For the gps tracking, I am sure we can rent one like businesses use to track their trucks. This is pretty common technology and I am sure we could get it for under $50/month. Then someone would just need to interface it to googl maps.

troyd1
11-26-2007, 09:34 AM
I also think that for the website, we should let whoever gets the job have them make a first pass at the look, post it and let the people that donated provide feedback. I have done software development for a living for a long time and anytime you are putting out something for the masses, there needs to be feedback. I am very good at proof reading/functionality evaluation and would be happy to provide feedback and technical evaluation on something like this free of charge or any other projects for RP. Just PM me.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
11-26-2007, 10:30 AM
I have not read all the threads and posts on this ( Who could?) but does this blimp have GPS normally? If not has the operator tried it? Often they need visual straight up to some satellites. If indoors they usually don't work from my experience. Is the blimp too thick or have too much mass in it to allow signals up? If so the trajectories might need to be manual like lat and longitude from the pilot.... Or maybe some antenna placed at the front or top of blimp. (Doubt they will let you do that) Maybe because it is a military used blimp this is already on it.... Not sure.

And I don't think you can do interviews on it while it is running. If you do you will need GREAT gear with headphones and noise cancellation etc.... Probably more work than necesary. Interviews at stops would be great.

BTW I would be willing to help with some SEO, marketing, and public relations stuff.

kylejack
11-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Doesn't all money need to be in the bag by 11/30?

troyd1
11-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Doesn't all money need to be in the bag by 11/30?

My uess is probably not. As long as we are most of the way there, it should be good.

Rob T
11-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Hello,

I am a partner in a fairly large hosting company - if/when you decide that your Godaddy hosting account isn't cutting it anymore (the site is loading VERY slowly for me) I'd be happy to donate some better hosting for you - you can email me at rtyree [at] gmail [dot] com if you are interested - I can probably even help you do some basic load balancing or a few other tricks as well to help the site stay up and running fast.

macdee
11-28-2007, 10:48 PM
The Ron Paul Blimp donation page needs to be fixed so that more people will donate! Please update the web page for donations to say that “all donations beyond the first month operations will be applied to an extra month flying the Ron Paul Blimp!”

We need to keep it UP in the AIR spreading the Ron Paul revolution message to the people.

To keep this project going while things are worked out in collecting the funds, we will need to update the web page and keep the blimp donations coming in for month two! We’re LOOSING donations right now for month two!

And spend some extra money on the artwork please! Once the artwork is on the blimp, we can’t change it! So it better be good the first time around! If we could have it light up and fly it over a republican presidential debate, that will get media attention!

macdee
11-29-2007, 03:59 AM
I would like to see Trevor Lyman contact Alex Jones and get some leads on filling these positions for the blimp project. I know Trevor has his personal phone number and Alex has a lot of trustworthy contacts or can get them for us. Alex Jones is a close friend of Ron Paul and they go back at least six years. Alex also has all the personal phone numbers of key people in the Ron Paul campaign. Since Alex in not connected to the campaign, he can be a big help and has all of the right connections to get things going quickly.

I my opinion, you need a real law firm to handle the issue of setting up the collection of the funds safely and legally. I personally don't feel comfortable having a "paralegal entrepreneur" working from a PO Box in North Carolina. Please call up Alex Jones on his personal phone and ask for a reference for a good law firm that knows campaign fund raising. Alex has a great deal of integrity which has been proven over many years, and he’s also a personal friend of Ron Paul. You’ll save yourself a lot of time if you just contact Alex Jones. I believe he would be more than willing to help out.

BeFranklin
11-29-2007, 05:30 AM
Blimp, I mean bump

Man from La Mancha
11-29-2007, 05:48 AM
Is there a true patriot out there that has the history and the trusted proven experience to be our treasurer for this project? Where are you? We need you!! Here is the chance to be what you have been made to be. Step in to the struggle. Do or your children's future freedoms mean nothing. IMO

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

Australia4Paul
12-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Elijah mate, you should see about adding a running image / flash "timeline" thing that shows "days planned" and filled up with "days paid" to give people a more on the spot thing.

Anyway, annoyed I'm not an American so I can't contribute, but GOOD LUCK!

Aus4RP
12-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Anyway, annoyed I'm not an American so I can't contribute, but GOOD LUCK!

I don't see why non-Americans can't "donate" to the Blimp. I'm sure someone will clarify.

BTW Always good to see more Aussies here, too bad we don't have someone like Ron Paul, we have Rudd instead, hoorah.. :rolleyes:

Elijah
12-04-2007, 06:37 PM
I don't see why non-Americans can't "donate" to the Blimp. I'm sure someone will clarify.

BTW Always good to see more Aussies here, too bad we don't have someone like Ron Paul, we have Rudd instead, hoorah.. :rolleyes:

Foreign Nationals cannot influence a foreign election.

They can support a apolitical cause though.

Sorry for the laws we have.

mojohnk2000
12-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I'd like to donate. There is no way in hell I'll do it through Google! I do not want a new email account with Google! I do want Google to have any more PII on me. Same with the wire transfer, forget it

Post an account and routing number and I'll donate. Get a Pay Pal Account or E-Gold and I'll donate.

I am very pissed off for guys pulling a stunt like that!

John K.

MozoVote
12-04-2007, 10:32 PM
I didn't think about it earlier .. but I suppose using Google Pay makes it easier to keep "Google" on ths side of the blimp.

Oh well, it *is* a business and some back scratching makes sense.

ruiner
12-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Why not have PayPal as well as Google pay?

Also, are y'all still needing help with the whole GPS tracking? If so, please message me.