PDA

View Full Version : Top South Carolina Democrat makes racist comment about Gov. Haley

compromise
05-04-2013, 02:19 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/bensmith/top-south-carolina-wants-to-send-nikki-haley-wherever-the-he

A spokesman for South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley Friday fired back at the latest in a long string of attacks that seem to invoke her status as an Indian-American woman presiding over her Southern state.
South Carolina Democratic Party Chairman Dick Harpootlian, a trial lawyer, longtime Democratic leader, and legendary figure in local politics, reportedly told a South Carolina Democratic Party dinner that the Democratic challenger would send "Nikki Haley back to wherever the hell she came from."
Haley was born in South Carolina. Her parents are from India.
Haley has weathered — and effectively jiu-jitsued — attacks on her ethnicity during her 2010 campaign and her governorship, first from Republicans and more recently from her Democratic foes. (One state Democratic official labeled her the "Sikh Jesus.") And voters have, if anything, rallied around her against the perceived slurs.
"Unfortunately, this seems to be a trend coming from the South Carolina Democratic Party," Haley spokesman Rob Godfrey told BuzzFeed. "Fortunately, the people of South Carolina are better than Harpootlian and his ilk, and we have faith that they will see right through their consistent attempts to play to the lowest common denominator."

I'm not a huge fan of Haley, but it certainly seems the South Carolina Democratic Party is returning to its racist roots...

HOLLYWOOD
05-04-2013, 03:36 PM
We know the Zombie Apopcalype hit America when the Democratic party opened for business and they will follow this asshat Dick Harpootlian into poverty. He may be testing the waters to see just how stupid voters are by spewing immature garbage libtards gobble-up. But what Harpootlian forgets, more and more are being independent and won't vote for him. Reminds me of Harry Reid's wacko Senate speech on sequester cuts, will kill the cure for; Cancer, MS, Alzheimer, Lou Gherigs, etc.

All in all, South Carolinians still lose with the illusion of choice between establishment big government Haley and any Democratic ass clown challenger.

jj-
05-04-2013, 07:27 PM
It's a democrat, so it's ok.

asurfaholic
05-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Where is al sharpton

Smart3
05-04-2013, 07:35 PM
IOKIYAD

oyarde
05-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Harpootlian , I have seen him on Fox before.I am still kind of amazed he is a State Party Chairman.

sailingaway
05-04-2013, 09:42 PM
That's not racist.

Just stupid.

Sola_Fide
05-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Not a racist statement. It's more like a "let's send these tea partiers back to hell" sort of comment. Not important.

VBRonPaulFan
05-05-2013, 08:26 AM
That's not racist.

Just stupid.

+1

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-05-2013, 08:28 AM
democrats have always been the racist party

MelissaWV
05-05-2013, 08:31 AM
That's not racist.

Just stupid.

This.

You know, if people would just take advantage of this giant gift of a moment to expose how stupidly PC and "one drop" we have become, maybe more folks would notice we have come full circle. Originally it was one drop of "dark" blood in your family, or Jewish (on mom's side), and so on, that made you a pariah. Now it is the exact opposite. Your great great great great great great great great great great great great great aunt Sue had a drop of ancient whatsit in her bloodline? You are now a minority. Yep.

Origanalist
05-05-2013, 08:42 AM
This.

You know, if people would just take advantage of this giant gift of a moment to expose how stupidly PC and "one drop" we have become, maybe more folks would notice we have come full circle. Originally it was one drop of "dark" blood in your family, or Jewish (on mom's side), and so on, that made you a pariah. Now it is the exact opposite. Your great great great great great great great great great great great great great aunt Sue had a drop of ancient whatsit in her bloodline? You are now a minority. Yep.

You know, that a great idea. I bet if I look hard enough I'll find a whatsit in the wood pile somewhere..........

BlackTerrel
05-05-2013, 06:37 PM
South Carolina Democratic Party Chairman Dick Harpootlian, a trial lawyer, longtime Democratic leader, and legendary figure in local politics, reportedly told a South Carolina Democratic Party dinner that the Democratic challenger would send "Nikki Haley back to wherever the hell she came from."

That's very non-specific. Could be racist, could be not.