05-04-2013, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXgpTW8dTQk

TaftFan
05-04-2013, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnmS_vULPxw

Ranger29860
05-04-2013, 02:39 PM

Wow what a terrible video.. also wtf is up with your avatar?

Ranger29860
05-04-2013, 02:39 PM
double post sry

TaftFan
05-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Wow what a terrible video.. also wtf is up with your avatar?

I think it shows Obama doesn't really understand Christianity. As if his attendance of Rev. Wright's church isn't enough.

My avatar is of a black Ron Paul with dreads. I think its funny, but I am getting tired of it. Let me see what else I can find.

FrankRep
05-04-2013, 02:44 PM
The Pentagon has confirmed that military personnel — including chaplains — could be court-martialed for sharing their religious faith with others.

Pentagon Confirms That Soldiers Could Be Court-Martialed for Sharing Faith (http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/15280-pentagon-confirms-that-soldiers-could-be-court-martialed-for-sharing-faith)

The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
02 May 2013

Ranger29860
05-04-2013, 02:51 PM
The Pentagon has confirmed that military personnel — including chaplains — could be court-martialed for sharing their religious faith with others.

Pentagon Confirms That Soldiers Could Be Court-Martialed for Sharing Faith (http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/15280-pentagon-confirms-that-soldiers-could-be-court-martialed-for-sharing-faith)

The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
02 May 2013

Good, you know how crappy it was to have to sit down and talk to a chaplain who thought it was ok to prostilitze to me about their faith? Having to sit there with an officer who could have you article 15'nd in a heartbeat and have him talk about how I needed god? Or having a superior hear me say god dammit through my door in my barracks room then come and swear me out and try to smoke (punish through exercise) me because she viewed the use of the word as negative to her god?

This rule has existed for a very long time, its not for those who in a relaxed non professional setting ask if I want to come to their church but is meant for those who use their position to either force or pressure people to become a part of their religion. Not to mention people who openly preached while in Iraq to locals.

*edit*

Also if your gonna put a headline up like that you should also post what the pentagon actually said

“Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense.... Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis.”

compromise
05-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Hannity is correct. Obama believes in faith in Commander in Chief over faith in God.

Ranger29860
05-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Also chaplains are not in the military to convert people. They are their to facilitate the freedom of religion for soldiers including religious ceremony's and services.

fr33
05-04-2013, 03:21 PM
It's reich wing bs. Reminds me of "Obama's apology tour"

Christian Liberty
05-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Obama is even less of a Christian than Bin Laden was...

For all his flaws, Hannity's right on this issue...

Smart3
05-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Good. Christians don't belong in the military.

He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.

Christians should always go the peace route - look at Syria.

GopBlackList
05-04-2013, 06:45 PM

what does that have to do with topic of this thread?

Good, you know how crappy it was to have to sit down and talk to a chaplain who thought it was ok to prostilitze to me about their faith? Having to sit there with an officer who could have you article 15'nd in a heartbeat and have him talk about how I needed god? Or having a superior hear me say god dammit through my door in my barracks room then come and swear me out and try to smoke (punish through exercise) me because she viewed the use of the word as negative to her god?

This rule has existed for a very long time, its not for those who in a relaxed non professional setting ask if I want to come to their church but is meant for those who use their position to either force or pressure people to become a part of their religion. Not to mention people who openly preached while in Iraq to locals.

*edit*

Also if your gonna put a headline up like that you should also post what the pentagon actually said

“Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense.... Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis.”

One of the commentators hit on the head when he said we have a military force in Muslim countires and the last thing we want them to do is be on a missionary tour in their country. If they are out of the military and doing it as a private citizen while not representing the USA, then have at it.

Hannity is correct. Obama believes in faith in Commander in Chief over faith in God.

Obama is even less of a Christian than Bin Laden was...

For all his flaws, Hannity's right on this issue...

I thought there was no religious test to holding office?

It's reich wing bs. Reminds me of "Obama's apology tour"

I don't see the connection.

fr33
05-04-2013, 06:47 PM
I don't see the connection.

Fake outrage over a non-story.

Christian Liberty
05-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Good. Christians don't belong in the military.

He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.

Christians should always go the peace route - look at Syria.

If our military was more like the US military of 1812, the Confederate military of 1861, or the Swiss military now, I'd have no problem with Christians serving. I'm not a pacifist, even though I respect the Christians who are. I do not support Christians, or anyone else, invading foreign countries.

I thought there was no religious test to holding office?

There isn't. I never said there was. I'd vote for someone from any religious background if they were qualified.

Obama claims to be a Christian though, which is a joke.

oyarde
05-04-2013, 07:07 PM
My personal experiences with Chaplains , while limited , I had very high regard for the couple I ever had coffee with.I never knew any to take things past any point that would make someone uncomfortable.My experience was to even see one you had to seek them out, normally, which nobody did that I know of .

HOLLYWOOD
05-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Fake outrage over a non-story.Yeap, Pretty Much...

Com'on folks it's the corporate media puppets creating this bullshit again.

Whether it's the Libtard Marxist media or the Neocon Nationalist media, these TV puppets always try to create divide, contention, and sensationalism. They are paid millions to be professional liars, CON MEN, CON WOMEN and inflict those philosophical divides onto the public/viewers.

Americans need to get as far away from these media clowns as possible, no matter the subject or how convincing they may sound.

PS: Boy, Fred Flintsone is aging quite fast.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Ironic coming from the man who has led to the Christian Cleansing in the Middle East. Lol. Topple Saddam install Islamic Regime. Support ME dictators which led to Islamic uprisings. Topple Khaddafi so we can support Islamist Regime. Ad infinitum down the line. What buffoons. There is hardly anyone out there who irks me more than Hannity...maybe O'Reilly and Olbermann, but damn man, one of the worst of the worst.

KrokHead
05-05-2013, 05:44 AM

Why would Obama want to be the beast? Satan gets killed first in the Judgement.

Lucille
05-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Since when did Hannity start caring about Christians? He doesn't seem to mind the Christian Cleansing of the ME due to the endless wars he loves so much (http://the-classic-liberal.com/conservative-war-christians/).

No good Christian (lewrockwell.com/vance/vance254.html) should join the military.

SkepticalMetal
05-05-2013, 11:48 AM
And why in the world should we take anything Hannity says seriously?

Aratus
05-05-2013, 02:43 PM
i'd actually if i'm in my druthers i'd feel i'd rather trust glen beck, howard stern or even alex jones over sean hannity and this is not saying much.

Aratus
05-05-2013, 02:45 PM
if our sitting POTUS is now promoting some of the military people that the "W" industriously apple~carted after 911 most happily...

Peace&Freedom
05-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Yes, like gays in the military, this is another instance of majoring in the minors. The primary posture of Christians and libertarians towards the standing military should be one of advocating THAT WE SHOULD NOT HAVE ONE, not who comprises it or what they are allowed to talk about. The issue is designed to get aggressive secularists all huffed up emotionally wedge battling evangelicals who are equally fired up, meanwhile the wars and drones go on. And on. And on.

On the secondary issue itself, I would say the free exercise clause of the Constitution should trump armed forces' internal rules abridging religious speech, and that those who don't like prosletyzing haven't noticed that the ban impacts ALL non-church service speech, not just evangelizing.

Zippyjuan
05-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Not allowing proselytizing means he wants to drive out Christians? Hmm. But it is Hannity.

Update on story:
http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/us-military-retreats-on-earlier-proselytizing-statement-22158

The U.S. military says that its members may share their faith with other personnel as long as they do not force their beliefs on them.

This new statement clarified an earlier one reported by Ecumenical News which created an uproar among evangelical leaders.

In the first statement, released earlier this week, the national military headquarters at the Pentagon said that proselytyzing in the armed services was banned.

It also appeared to say that military personnel would be court martialed if they violated regulations related to proselytizing.

The ban came on the heels of a meeting with activist Michael "Mikey" Weinstein, the head of an organization seeking to end all proselytizing in the ranks.

The agenda concerned policies regarding religious tolerance in the military.

U.S. Today published the new announcement by Lt. Cmdr. Nate Christenen, a Pentagon spokesman, in its Thursday edition.

"Service members may share their faith (evangelize), but must not force unwanted, intrusive attempts to convert others of any faith or no faith to one's beliefs (proselytization)," he said.

Christensen's also said that military leaders take action "when religious harrassment complaints are reported."

His statement is a further attempt to define in the media this week what the military means by the term "proselytizing" and the punishment for violating military regulations.

The Nashville Tennessean reported on Wednesday that Capt. Jodie Ritchie of the the Air Force's public affairs defined proselytizing from its usage by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, which says it is "to induce someone to convert to one's faith."

"When on duty or in an official capacity, air force members are free to express their personal religious beliefs as long as it does not make others uncomfortable," he said." Proselytizing, a defined above, goes over the line."

Peace&Freedom
05-05-2013, 03:54 PM
But of course, in implementing the regulation, the Obama bureaucratic folks will take the "give me an inch, I'll take a mile" approach and characterize nearly all pro-Christian speech as abusive "prosletyzing." The art of administrative tyranny involves broadly misapplying something that sounds limited and reasonable.

A vague "uncomfortable" standard will determine if somebody crossed the line? So if a discussion about gays being "born that way" occurs, and you express dissent from the secular liberal gospel and say it's sinful, that means you're "prosletyzing" because somebody is "uncomfortable" with your disagreement, and reports it? Please.

DamianTV
05-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Actually, I think the Obama administration is of the mindset "We dont care if you give us an inch or not, we are taking what ever we want, and could care less about how you might respond to it".

Now, what types of people do you think will be the least likely to open fire on American Citizens, then do we really have to wonder why any particular group is treated as unequally? Do you think you can make it to the highest position in the US Military unless you are willing to open fire on American Citizens?