PDA

View Full Version : Iowa GOP Freedom Tour in Dubuque - Tom Woods

Bastiat's The Law
05-04-2013, 06:44 AM
The entire event is worth watching. They had some good speakers that hit on a range of topics that really complimented what Tom Woods discussed. Tom actually speaks three separate times touching on the topics of the financial meltdown, nullification, and finally, that dreaded bugaboo, foreign policy. The foreign policy speech to the rank and file GOP was absolutely brilliant and very brave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_6oZ44cy4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQufNpQ0gE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3WYeIMhjAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5GYef3eAKk

torchbearer
05-04-2013, 10:10 AM
like how he breaks it down.
'war helps the left'
i know its not 100% accurate, as war is the health of the state- left and right.
but i think he did a great job reaching people who still have a left-right view.

torchbearer
05-04-2013, 10:47 AM
great speech, great crowd response.

Bastiat's The Law
05-04-2013, 11:44 AM
great speech, great crowd response.
That crowd was great. I wanted to have wine and cheese with Tom at the end. Great idea for a fundraiser by the way Iowa GOP.

torchbearer
05-04-2013, 11:51 AM
its sad this thread isn't getting much love.
i'm proud to say i contributed financially to this project, and i think we will be reaping the fruits from it for years.

FSP-Rebel
05-04-2013, 12:03 PM
i'm proud to say i contributed financially to this project, and i think we will be reaping the fruits from it for years.
I listened to part of the first one and thought it was great. And as a contributor, I'm really pleased that it turned out great and am ready and willing to help fund the next one. As a fellow anarcho-Catholic, I totally respect how he's able to craft the message to fit such an audience and in particular and in regards to your assessment of the foreign policy speech - I'll have to check it out later.

Bastiat's The Law
05-04-2013, 12:22 PM
I truly believe funding these speaking tours is the best investment the liberty movement can make. This will pay huge dividends in the future.

Bastiat's The Law
05-05-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm surprised there's only 6 responses to Tom speech?!?

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm surprised there's only 6 responses to Tom speech?!?

don't know. people going ape shit in kokesh march thread.
yet, those who don't like what he is doing, must not care too much for what Iowa GOP and Tom woods are doing.
People should be pumped about this tour.

ican'tvote
05-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Tom Woods is freaken awesome.

Bastiat's The Law
05-05-2013, 12:52 PM
don't know. people going ape shit in kokesh march thread.
yet, those who don't like what he is doing, must not care too much for what Iowa GOP and Tom woods are doing.
People should be pumped about this tour.
I love seeing them barnstorm liberty directly to the voters in these key early states. Hopefully they can expand upon this and bring in other big names like Judge Napolitano and others. I don't think anything is more important at this point.

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 12:55 PM
I love seeing them barnstorm liberty directly to the voters in these key early states. Hopefully they can expand upon this and bring in other big names like Judge Napolitano and others. I don't think anything is more important at this point.

here is the brilliance of this project.
it is being done during the presidential 'off-season'.
meaning, none of these people are married to a candidate yet.

during presidential elections, people become married to personalities, and it becomes harder to reach them with new ideas.
but right now, their isn't an election- no one is married to a personality. and thus, they will be more open to the message.

then, once you get them to at least have a positive view of the message, when our candidate comes along later- its not an uphill battle.