PDA

View Full Version : For those who voted for Obama ...

cbc58
05-03-2013, 12:17 PM
are you happy with your choice still ?

kathy88
05-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Dafuq?

FSP-Rebel
05-03-2013, 12:34 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul, I'm in the clear.:cool:

supermario21
05-03-2013, 12:35 PM
I voted for Romney, and got so excited thinking about Rand on election night that I didn't even care about 2012 anymore...

Weston White
05-03-2013, 12:38 PM

This.

I consider myself to be a connoisseur in the patriotic art of Ron Paul writting-in. And anything short of a Paul in 2016, I will continue the practice of writing in Ron Paul on my ballots... Because anything less would be uncivilized.

Christian Liberty
05-03-2013, 12:40 PM
I voted for Romney, and got so excited thinking about Rand on election night that I didn't even care about 2012 anymore...

What on earth was the point of that, for curiosity? He literally wasn't any better.

gwax23
05-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Gary Johnson only cause I wanted to help the Libertarian party get the required votes to receive minor party status?

My state goes blue no mater what (NY)

sailingaway
05-03-2013, 01:04 PM

This

I hope you get some O voter reading this, but I wouldn't stake much on it. Unless they were just protesting RNC, and even there most of us just refused to vote for Romney.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2013, 01:47 PM

Me, too.

supermario21
05-03-2013, 01:49 PM
What on earth was the point of that, for curiosity? He literally wasn't any better.

Honest reluctance, plus living in Ohio I just didn't feel as if I was ready yet to not vote or go third party. I actually had Ron/Rand written in on the write in line but ultimately filled in the Romney bubble. So who knows if my vote even counted but it's whatever. I am fed up with Kasich so I'll be voting liberatarian/const. party in that election and if it's not Rand, will write in someone as well..

The Gold Standard
05-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Gary Johnson only cause I wanted to help the Libertarian party get the required votes to receive minor party status?

My state goes blue no mater what (NY)

That's what I did. The country is no better or worse off than it would be if Romney was elected.

Lindsey
05-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I was in the hospital. I didn't vote.

I had planned to vote for GJ.

jbauer
05-03-2013, 06:21 PM
I voted Gary Johnson as my Ron Paul surrogate. And yes, I hope Obama sinks the D's ship so deep in the ocean that its never recoverable just like Bush did to the Republican party.

liberty2897
05-03-2013, 06:48 PM
wrote in Ron Paul here as well... I think the only other choice was: don't vote. (except for GJ)

tod evans
05-03-2013, 07:02 PM
What a silly question.

Do you honestly think there would have been one iota of difference between O & R ?

Either puppet same results.

I wrote RP in too.

Rudeman
05-03-2013, 07:15 PM
I went with GJ.

Christian Liberty
05-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Honest reluctance, plus living in Ohio I just didn't feel as if I was ready yet to not vote or go third party. I actually had Ron/Rand written in on the write in line but ultimately filled in the Romney bubble. So who knows if my vote even counted but it's whatever. I am fed up with Kasich so I'll be voting liberatarian/const. party in that election and if it's not Rand, will write in someone as well..

If I had to pick one of the major two (That would take a gun to my head, and even then, I'd only do it because I live in NY and it wouldn't actually help either of them) I would actually have picked Obama. Both because of the RNC (There's no way I could have supported Mitt after that for anything, even if his opponent was Adolf Hitler I would have voted third party after that) and because frankly, Obama's less bad (I can't really say "Better" because he still sucks) on foreign issues. I also fear what kind of influence the hardcore neocons would have under Romney. They've influenced Obama quite significantly, and he went into it against the Iraq War in 2008. What do you think they could do to a non-liberty Republican?

I didn't want to vote for Obama. Heck, I'd sooner have voted for Jill Stein, let alone Virgil Goode or Gary Johnson (Gary was the least bad on the ballot, followed by Goode) than for Obama. But I'd have voted for Obama before I'd have voted for Romney. If it were a real conservative like Palin or some other Tea Partier (Even though I'm not thrilled with them) but Romney was even bad on the issues conservatives are supposed to be good on. If I were forced to choose I'd pick the guy who I feel is less likely to bomb Iran or actually use the NDAA (Which Mccain and Graham have actually advocated, I will mention. I don't necessarily believe him but Obama is SO FAR against using the indefinite detention clause) over a guy that questionably might be marginally better on economics or abortion (Neither issue of which do I actually believe Romney would change anything on.)

As for Rand Paul, I'm absolutely behind him. I'm different from some of you guys in that I actively and strongly prefer Ron Paul and candidates with that kind of purity, but Rand is still worlds better than anyone else who is likely to have any sort of a shot. I've been using Rand's more conservative rhetoric to convince those conservatives who don't really agree with the ideas of guys like Ron Paul to support Rand anyway. I really don't like it, it makes me want to puke, but I'm probably going to join the GOP just so I can vote for Rand in the primary, even though I know the Republicans will cheat him just like they did Ron. I prefer Rand compared to Gary Johnson in a head to head, but not by very much, those guys are in a similar ballpark to me. (Although Gary is VERY stupid on definitions while Rand recognizes that he's not actually a libertarian purist, or at least not publicly.) I'd definitely take Rand over basically anyone I could think of except in the event maybe if Justice Napolitano ran.

Zippyjuan
05-03-2013, 08:56 PM

Don't think you are going to find much of that here (folks who voted for Obama).

P3ter_Griffin
05-03-2013, 09:04 PM
What a silly question.

Do you honestly think there would have been one iota of difference between O & R ?

Either puppet same results.

I wrote RP in too.

I'm starting to think R$ might've been better than Obama... But then there would be no contest in the 2016 republican primary most likely, so it seems like with the cards we were dealt it worked out about right.

fr33
05-03-2013, 09:05 PM
I voted for Gary. If he had won I might have regrets.

Henry Rogue
05-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul. I might have voted for GJ if I hadn't invested so much money and emotion into RP's campaign or perhaps not at all. Honestly didn't look into GJ that closely to really know him, just what I saw on the debates and some posts here. So had I voted for GJ I would have been just another uninformed voter.

Christian Liberty
05-03-2013, 09:34 PM
If for no other reasons, voting LP rather than writing in Ron Paul is probably better because it helps the LP in the long run, unless you absolutely can't stomach the candidate. I'm not in love with Johnson, but he was good enough that I supported him. I could not, however, have voted for Bob Barr in 2008. Chuck Baldwin was WAY better than Barr that year, and IMO he's better than Gary as well.

ClydeCoulter
05-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Me, too.

Me either :) (you'd had to have been there, but, me too in normal language) :D

ClydeCoulter
05-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm starting to think R$ might've been better than Obama... But then there would be no contest in the 2016 republican primary most likely, so it seems like with the cards we were dealt it worked out about right.

I don't think there would be any difference, except it would be the left trying to keep us out of war with Iran and Syria and blaming R$ for Libya. The script is the script. Oh, and it would have been "Occupy the Whitehouse".

Christian Liberty
05-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Am I the ONLY one who thinks Obama was ever so marginally better than Romney was? I'm rather surprised, considering that Walter Block made a rather compelling case for this.

Plague-of-Locutus
05-03-2013, 10:49 PM

I gave the President the benefit of the doubt. He contributed to the mess we are in. I couldn't let him off the hook that easily. If the Democrats prized jewel / Affordable Care Act gets slowly dismantled I want the President to be right there to deflect the blame like he usually does. I mean why give him a free pass ?

ClydeCoulter
05-03-2013, 10:53 PM
I gave the President the benefit of the doubt. He contributed to the mess we are in. I couldn't let him off the hook that easily. If the Democrats prized jewel / Affordable Care Act gets slowly dismantled I want the President to be right there to deflect the blame like he usually does. I mean why give him a free pass ?

I like the way you are thinking about this. :D

Michael Landon
05-04-2013, 04:50 PM
I voted for Johnson, but I seriously considered writing in the last, real good, Republican party ticket of Goldwater/Miller.

- ML

phill4paul
05-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Voted for Obama because I'm not a racist. Obviously the OP is.

http://image.blingee.com/images15/content/output/000/000/000/471/294908630_776856.gif?6

kathy88
05-04-2013, 06:42 PM
I typed in Ron Paul.

Christian Liberty
05-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Voted for Obama because I'm not a racist. Obviously the OP is.

http://fun-gallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Dancing-Cow.gif

You really need some kind of smilie here, I took it seriously for about half a second...

KrokHead
05-05-2013, 05:46 AM
I bet my wife is. And probably for the same reason she voted for him in the first place! :rolleyes:

Now I regretted my vote for Virgil Goode minutes after I voted, should have voted for Gary Johnson.

Origanalist
05-05-2013, 10:19 AM
This.

I consider myself to be a connoisseur in the patriotic art of Ron Paul writting-in. And anything short of a Paul in 2016, I will continue the practice of writing in Ron Paul on my ballots... Because anything less would be uncivilized.

I just couldn't agree more. :)

nobody's_hero
05-05-2013, 10:37 AM
What if I said I voted for Obama just because I didn't want to see America die slowly?
Speed up and get the collapse over with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXh1tW16V-8

(Not saying I did, but I strongly considered it. In any case, it appears that the majority of voters must have been thinking the same way, lol).

Tod
05-05-2013, 10:43 AM

Me too!

RP/AN

asurfaholic
05-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Wrote in RP there is no blood on my hands

Peace&Freedom
05-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Voted for GJ. My commitment is to the liberty movement in its entirety, not to one magic name (I'm not a 1 or a 0, "I've got all kinds of energy if it's for supporting Paul, but nothing left if it's another liberty candidate"). As for the Obama vs. Romney nightmare sweepstakes, there is no difference between the right or left end of the bankster/NWO table. They are two cars going in the same statist direction, with Obama in the fast lane.

What matters is Obama's re-election creates more momentum for us. It's quite likely Romney would have pushed for the gun control legislation we have been bombarded with. He probably would have already been implementing the NDAA, blasting civilians on US soil with weaponized drones, etc. It's because we're still on Obama's watch that conservatives are in an uproar. We have an opening in 2016 with Rand, and even more immediately in 2014, as a result.

MelissaWV
05-05-2013, 12:19 PM
As KrokHead pointed out, most of the people voting for Obama probably are just fine with most of what he's doing. In fact, those few that I speak to seem upset he's not "allowed to do more" by that evil Congress. ObamaCare troubles? Well that's because it was changed and challenged. If it had been allowed to go through as proposed, everything would be GREAT! and so on...

Christian Liberty
05-05-2013, 12:24 PM
What matters is Obama's re-election creates more momentum for us. It's quite likely Romney would have pushed for the gun control legislation we have been bombarded with. He probably would have already be implementing the NDAA, blasting civilians on US soil with weaponized drones, etc. Because we're still on Obama's watch that conservatives are in an uproar. We have an opening in 2016 with Rand, and even more immediately in 2014, as a result.

Yeah, for this reason I preferred Obama over Romney, although I preferred anyone else on the ballot over Obama.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-05-2013, 02:11 PM
I voted for myself for nearly every position, and got lots of lol's seeing my name coming out about 7 times on the bottom of the vote printout for each different position(I worked in the election) Some friends and family did the same. As a matter of fact, I got more votes than Gary Johnson for president in my district. LOL.

Thaddaeus
05-05-2013, 02:20 PM
I didn't vote for him in '08 because the last time I voted for a president, it was George W. Bush. I didn't want to chance being so ashamed of my vote again, even though I thought Obama was the citizen-led we-can-do-it guy, whose funds came from people and not corporations. His career as a senator gave me a few reasons for caution. My caution has never proven so warranted before -- there are so many reasons to revile his record, from civil liberty invasions to drone warfare in Pakistan and Yemen.

My most recent vote was for Gary Johnson.

jbauer
05-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Am I the ONLY one who thinks Obama was ever so marginally better than Romney was? I'm rather surprised, considering that Walter Block made a rather compelling case for this.

The only benefit of Obama getting reelected was that he can't serve another term (unless he changes the law).