PDA

View Full Version : Adam Kokesh armed march on DC

Pages : [1] 2

Matt Collins
05-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Looks like Adam Kokesh is planning an armed march on DC:

https://www.facebook.com/events/252728144871259/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_user_invited

I can't even begin to imagine how many different ways this could go bad :(

ON EDIT: looks like there is another 2nd Amendment march taking place the day before too: https://www.facebook.com/events/279763965493827/

green73
05-03-2013, 10:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PLHyugh.png

ninepointfive
05-03-2013, 10:34 AM
PRESIDENT PAUL!

this sent shivers up the timbers the last time with the vets march on DC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yewKCcFSvQ

tod evans
05-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Steer clear of Bahston....:eek:

fr33
05-03-2013, 10:38 AM
I hope someone streams it. Kudos to them but I wouldn't do it.

shane77m
05-03-2013, 10:41 AM
On the morning of July 4, 2013, Independence Day, we will muster at the National Cemetery & at noon we will step off to march across the Memorial Bridge, down Independence Avenue, around the Capitol, the Supreme Court, & the White House, then peacefully return to Virginia across the Memorial Bridge. This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

You are welcome to attend unarmed as a supporter, or armed with a recording device.

If this page gets to 10,000 attendees by June 1st, & we have the critical mass necessary to pull this off, (1,000 actual attendees) we will march. Please spread the word, share this event, & invite all your friends.

From the page. I hope they go through with it. It could be what finally says "Enough!"

Sola_Fide
05-03-2013, 10:59 AM
That's awesome.

jllundqu
05-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Lol... clever idea. Never happen though. I would love to see 1000+ armed supporters march on DC! Unfortunately this has some unintended consequences and potential for bigtime blowback if things get dicey. I'm sure the FBI already is hatching a plan to subvert/exploit this event.

shane77m
05-03-2013, 11:01 AM
http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/05/now-accepting-magazine-donations-for.html

While the exact arrangements for the Colorado armed civil disobedience are still up in the air, the need for magazines to accomplish it is not. I would like to thank those readers who pointed this out to me by sending me, unsolicited, thirty round AR and AK mags to my PO Box.

July could turn out to be a very interestin month.

Tod
05-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Someone here in Ohio is planning a 2nd Amendment demonstration at the Cleveland Marathon later this month, too.

tod evans
05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
https://www.facebook.com/events/252728144871259/?ref=notif¬if_t=plan_user_invited

A good portion of the forum chooses to avoid facebook, if you want people to read what's there you'll need to copy-n-paste.

Cowlesy
05-03-2013, 11:30 AM
How would this translate to Lord of the Rings...

...it'd be like walking into Mordor in a technicolor dreamcoat....with a marching band.

They'll get about 20 yards before everyone ends up in the clink.

jllundqu
05-03-2013, 11:31 AM

...it'd be like walking into Mordor in a technicolor dreamcoat....with a marching band.

ZING!

angelatc
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM

At best. But a Revolution needs revolutionaries, maybe more than it needs philosophers at this point.

fr33
05-03-2013, 11:35 AM
All it would take is one agent provocateur for the bullets to start flying.

staerker
05-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Thousands of armed individuals separately arriving and successfully gathering just outside of Washington, D.C? On the fourth of July? Oh goodness, that's not happening.

shane77m
05-03-2013, 11:39 AM

If this event happens I would be my next paycheck that there will be more than one agent.

fisharmor
05-03-2013, 11:45 AM
The thing I'm most interested in seeing is whether or not we're past the point where it's possible to survive participating in such a demonstration.

Athan
05-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Horrible analogy. Only way that would even be remotely applicable is if Kokesh was doing an armed march straight into Nazi Germany a hostile FOREIGN power that will clearly shoot to kill.

Athan
05-03-2013, 11:52 AM
The thing I'm most interested in seeing is whether or not we're past the point where it's possible to survive participating in such a demonstration.

More like, if NOBODY does anything to protest or show up, then yes it will be like that in the near future. A million people show up armed, that is a different story.

pcosmar
05-03-2013, 11:52 AM

Or one stupid cop.
this country needs the confrontation,, peacefully resolved or otherwise..

Avoiding confrontation leads to more abuse.

TheTexan
05-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Or one stupid cop.

This.

angelatc
05-03-2013, 11:59 AM
If this event happens I would be my next paycheck that there will be more than one agent.

Yes, but I don't think Adam is stupid. In that, I think he would have his protestors prepared for such a scenario. These guys are willing to take a bullet for the cause. I totally respect that.

shane77m
05-03-2013, 12:08 PM
The last I looked 200 people said they were going. 300 or so said maybe. Over 10,000 invited.

ninepointfive
05-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Adam Kokesh

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsQbxgiVj7L0TPDx4CtgVUU5k9zSaqH RQ-X2QVAeZAFNUWelRhQg

Athan
05-03-2013, 12:12 PM
The last I looked 200 people said they were going. 300 or so said maybe. Over 10,000 invited.

Clearly he needs to invite more.

QuickZ06
05-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Adam Kokesh

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsQbxgiVj7L0TPDx4CtgVUU5k9zSaqH RQ-X2QVAeZAFNUWelRhQg

Let it be said again. He has more than me, you and everyone else that is posting up in here, im not gonna post a bunch of quotes we already know but the founding fathers would have done this YEARS AGO and it would have not of been peacefully either. Really wish he still posted on these boards, even though some of you might not agree with him or his past choices 99% it could be that 1% you really want to pay attention to and this could be that time.

Czolgosz
05-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Or one stupid cop.

This.

This^2

Czolgosz
05-03-2013, 12:17 PM
There is a *GREAT* opportunity here if people show up who aren't necessarily signed up w/ Adam's group.

ninepointfive
05-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Adam brings in a lot of people otherwise left out.

Czolgosz
05-03-2013, 12:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PLHyugh.png

Not sure what to do, at this point. lol

pcosmar
05-03-2013, 12:21 PM
There is a *GREAT* opportunity here if people show up who aren't necessarily signed up w/ Adam's group.

even better if they are not in any "group" or even visible.. just covering the marchers from a distance.

TheTexan
05-03-2013, 12:22 PM

Yes, can someone copy pasta the event details here?

ds21089
05-03-2013, 12:22 PM

My thoughts exactly.

TheTexan
05-03-2013, 12:23 PM
even better if they are not in any "group" or even visible.. just covering the marchers from a distance.

And filming. Always filming. If/when a violent confrontation does occur... we need it to be documented and known that THEY made the first move.

pcosmar
05-03-2013, 12:23 PM

Yes, can someone copy pasta the event details here?

from that page,,

[Description]

On the morning of July 4, 2013, Independence Day, we will muster at the National Cemetery & at noon we will step off to march across the Memorial Bridge, down Independence Avenue, around the Capitol, the Supreme Court, & the White House, then peacefully return to Virginia across the Memorial Bridge. This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

You are welcome to attend unarmed as a supporter, or armed with a recording device.

If this page gets to 10,000 attendees by June 1st, & we have the critical mass necessary to pull this off, (1,000 actual attendees) we will march. Please spread the word, share this event, & invite all your friends.

Czolgosz
05-03-2013, 12:26 PM

Precisely.

shane77m
05-03-2013, 12:27 PM
211 going
247 maybe
11,388 invited

In less than 24 hours
There is also the possibility of people going that do not have Fedbook.

Czolgosz
05-03-2013, 12:28 PM
"shot heard around the world"

Czolgosz
05-03-2013, 12:30 PM
from that page,,

ty.

10,000 attendees is his watermark.

Have the "3%-ers" been notified of this event?

shane77m
05-03-2013, 12:32 PM
I left a comment about it over at Sipsey Street.

Quark
05-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Wow, this is risky on so many levels, but it needs to be done. I hope it happens, and I hope it happens safely. Independence day is still far off, I think Big Brother/Fedbook will remove the page before then, and the event will fizzle out. Hopefully that doesn't happen though.

Bastiat's The Law
05-03-2013, 02:00 PM

...And a cameo appearance by Jesse Benton as the voice of Sauron!

kathy88
05-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Did someone post this on the Oathkeepers Page? Anyway, if i were going, I certainly wouldn't reply to it of Facebook.

pcosmar
05-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Did someone post this on the Oathkeepers Page? Anyway, if i were going, I certainly wouldn't reply to it of Facebook.

I think the OathKeepers would avoid this.. They did in the past.

TaftFan
05-03-2013, 02:42 PM
A good portion of the forum chooses to avoid facebook, if you want people to read what's there you'll need to copy-n-paste.

More people should use facebook. I do have a personal account but for political things I have a fake person. It's good for keeping track of things.

RM918
05-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Starting to see this circulated around on liberal blogs, it is absolutely disgusting to see some of the comments there wishing for a firefight. All of their bullshit about worrying about innocent people being victimized or protecting children goes out the window when they laugh at the idea of police/military murdering their political opponents.

tod evans
05-03-2013, 02:59 PM
More people should use facebook. I do have a personal account but for political things I have a fake person. It's good for keeping track of things.

Do NOT portend to tell me what I should do!:mad:

Matt Collins
05-03-2013, 05:13 PM
A good portion of the forum chooses to avoid facebook, if you want people to read what's there you'll need to copy-n-paste.A good portion of society avoids the use of telecommunication devices too because... oh well actually no they don't. :rolleyes:

RickyJ
05-03-2013, 05:33 PM
A good portion of society avoids the use of telecommunication devices too because... oh well actually no they don't. :rolleyes:

Facebook's popularity is declining among young people in the USA, this is a fact. At one time MySpace was huge too, now few care about it.

tod evans
05-03-2013, 07:04 PM
A good portion of society avoids the use of telecommunication devices too because... oh well actually no they don't. :rolleyes:

I take it you don't feel it's worth your trouble...

RM918
05-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Facebook's popularity is declining among young people in the USA, this is a fact. At one time MySpace was huge too, now few care about it.

Well, you're neglecting to mention that's because they jumped ship to Facebook.

shane77m
05-03-2013, 07:31 PM
283 going
336 maybe
13,042 invited

They have a long way to go until they reach 10,000

bolil
05-03-2013, 07:58 PM
mmm. Kokesh vs the man hell. Kokesh is the man. Good on ya, sir, good on ya.

fr33
05-03-2013, 08:06 PM
I've noticed that after sites like Salon covered this a bunch of liberals have showed up in the comments on the event page. You can spot the morons because they always bring up the NRA even though that organization has nothing to do with this event or the people behind it at all.

brushfire
05-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Wouldn't that be awesome if thousands of armed citizens take part in a peaceful march?

It would be interesting to see how the feds handle it. I wonder if it would be as successful as the TSA scanner opt out day? They'd better make sure they bring lots of streaming cameras. This is likely to get more attention than dancing at the Jefferson Memorial.

Matt Collins
05-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Facebook's popularity is declining among young people in the USA, this is a fact. Cite your source please?

Carlybee
05-03-2013, 10:30 PM
You know a shooter will be planted to make it game on.

ClydeCoulter
05-03-2013, 10:48 PM
You know, when you have a tooth ache it sometimes feels better if you bite down and make it hurt just a little more. Maybe because you feel as though you have control of the pain and can make it stop at any time. Kind of strange, but the tooth ache is still there, and it's only a temporary relief. until you pull the damn thing

fr33
05-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Adam is live on LRN right now. I'm sure he'll be talking about this. http://lrn.fm/

*edit: it might not be live. Might be a podcast.

ClydeCoulter
05-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Adam is live on LRN right now. I'm sure he'll be talking about this. http://lrn.fm/

*edit: it might not be live. Might be a podcast.

Wow, how clear.

Tod
05-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Cite your source please?

My own personal experiences and observations support that claim.

Tod
05-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Buddy system and everyone carries a water bottle in their heavily gloved dominant hand. Anyone not following that protocol is not a recognized member of the marching group?

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 02:19 AM
https://www.facebook.com/events/252728144871259/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_user_invited

Sounds like when Ron Paul banned Adam Kokesh from his event in Tampa.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 02:21 AM

We need a Frodo to enter in Morder in another direction and destroy the ring of power in Mt Doom!

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 02:27 AM
Or maybe it could end like this:
How Lord of The Rings Should Have Ended
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqVD0swvWU

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-04-2013, 03:10 AM
One should not carry a weapon without the intent to use it. Why be armed at all if you're not going to use it? This screams to me as both useless, and terrible strategy. The last place you want to be in an armed confrontation is out in the open in a metropolis named Washington D.C. and why waste precious resources on this act, when the population is all ready well aware of what is going on? Civil Disobedience is used when you're in the minority position to put a spotlight on just how abridging and awful the actions of others are. Not sure I see the point here at all. I'd much rather have those men and material be used more effectively when the agents of Government actually do come a'knockin.

Icymudpuppy
05-04-2013, 07:45 AM
If I lived on the east coast, I'd be there. However, since I refuse to fly, participating in such an event would mean at least two weeks away from my business in the middle of my busiest season. I don't have the means to lose that much business.

Matt Collins
05-04-2013, 08:10 AM
My own personal experiences and observations support that claim.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

libertygrl
05-04-2013, 08:18 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. But I sometimes wonder if that's exactly what happened centuries ago (only in the opposite way):

http://www.history.com/images/media/slideshow/american-revolution-flags-and-fliers/boston-massacre.jpg

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 09:00 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking. But I sometimes wonder if that's exactly what happened centuries ago (only in the opposite way):

http://www.history.com/images/media/slideshow/american-revolution-flags-and-fliers/boston-massacre.jpg

Kent State.

The shooting started by a cop wannabe. An FBI informant and provocateur.

klamath
05-04-2013, 09:58 AM

https://www.facebook.com/events/252728144871259/?ref=notif¬if_t=plan_user_invited

That is his intent. He wants it to go wrong. We won the last battle politically yet he is trying to escalate it to violence. From all angles this will be a disaster, public relations, politically and tactically if violence results.

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 10:22 AM
We won the last battle politically

What battle? What did we win?

More restrictions and more background checks,, and the inclusion of (private) medical records.

tell me again what we "Won".

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 11:59 AM
So Adam Kokesh is calling for an armed march on Washington DC now.

Will this be a repeat of Tampa Florida?

http://iroots.org/2012/08/25/adam-kokesh-not-welcome-at-ron-paul-rally/

http://iroots.org/wp-content/uploads/adam-not-copy1.jpg

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Somebody do something about this troll.
Please.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Please.

The only one that is trolling is you. Everytime I post facts about a man calling for an armed march, you try to add posts to cover it up.

Ron Paul BANNED this man. For the same type of stuff.

This thread should be made front page, so Adam Kokesh isn't used by the media to make Ron Paul supporters look bad.

Ranger29860
05-04-2013, 12:10 PM
facts

I don't think you know what that word means.

fr33
05-04-2013, 12:12 PM
I don't see how it would be a repeat because they are 2 very different events on 2 very different pieces of property.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 12:13 PM
I don't think Washington DC will issue bulletins like this, unless Adam Kokesh is indicted before than, and there is an arrest bulletin out for him because Kokesh flees.

I think the last is very likely. So this could be a wanted poster for Kokesh.

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Ron Paul BANNED this man.

NO,, He did not. That would be contrary to everything the man says and stands for.

The punk Benton had him banned. A truly cowardly action.

It was not something Ron Paul would do.

jclay2
05-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Is anyone else wondering about the irony of SpiritOf1776_J4's username? I am sure the founders would completely agree with you that a peaceful protest in the nations capital to combat the oppressive levels of tyranny is a bad idea. /endsarc

luctor-et-emergo
05-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Even though my personal thoughts are that an 'armed march' may not be the best activism, I do like to point something out here, an 'Armed' march does not mean a 'violent' march.

Besides, the flyer at the SunDome is where he was banned from a PRIVATE event, this march will be on PUBLIC streets. Banning him from these streets would be a violation of his rights.

We'll see what happens though.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 12:19 PM
NO,, He did not. That would be contrary to everything the man says and stands for..

Ron Paul doesn't believe in violence.

Dr. Paul spent a great deal of time showing you how to do politics the old fashioned way.

And Ron Paul told some supporters last year he didn't like the way they were acting in State conventions.

This is far worse than anything someone did at State conventions. It's exactly the opposite way from having a Republic.

MelissaWV
05-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Please.

I was under the impression the forums were overly moderated and that trolls were to be ignored, but you can always report the post by hitting the triangle with an exclamation point in it.

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 12:22 PM
I was under the impression the forums were overly moderated and that trolls were to be ignored, but you can always report the post by hitting the triangle with an exclamation point in it.

I wonder sometimes,, and try not to get too heated in debate, (sometimes I fail)

I do have to wonder who, and why this thread is getting rated up. :(

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 12:29 PM
I wonder sometimes,, and try not to get too heated in debate, (sometimes I fail)

I do have to wonder who, and why this thread is getting rated up. :(

Because it has an actual fact on it?

This thread should be front paged.

luctor-et-emergo
05-04-2013, 12:31 PM

Again, I don't think it's the best idea ever...

But who said this is a violent march ?

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Think everyone should know who Adam Kokesh is if they want to get involved in something like this.

I mean looking at it, Adam Kokesh isn't exactly Martin Luther King Jr. I mean, heck, Ron Paul wouldn't even allow him at his event.

I wonder if Kokesh has an FBI commendation.

But people should have all the facts. Surprised some people don't want them to.

green73
05-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Shaaaad up

luctor-et-emergo
05-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Think everyone should know who Adam Kokesh is if they want to get involved in something like this.

I mean looking at it, Adam Kokesh isn't exactly Martin Luther King Jr. I mean, heck, Ron Paul wouldn't even allow him at his event.

So your point is ?

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 12:39 PM
So your point is ?
He is confusing the traitor Benton with Ron Paul.

He has some hatred for Adam Kokesh.

The rest is blather.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 12:40 PM
So your point is ?

I had four. I'll list them again with numbers for you.

1) Think everyone should know who Adam Kokesh is if they want to get involved in something like this.

2) Adam Kokesh isn't exactly Martin Luther King Jr. I mean, heck, Ron Paul wouldn't even allow him at his event.

3) I wonder if Kokesh has an FBI commendation.

4) People should have all the facts about recruiting for something likely to get them in a lot of hurt.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 12:43 PM
He is confusing the traitor Benton with Ron Paul.

It was from Ron Paul. It was his security team. Repeating something doesn't make it true.

And Benton is the same Benton working with Rand Paul now, right?

chudrockz
05-04-2013, 12:44 PM

1) Think everyone should know who Adam Kokesh is if they want to get involved in something like this.

2) Adam Kokesh isn't exactly Martin Luther King Jr. I mean, heck, Ron Paul wouldn't even allow him at his event.

4) People should have all the facts about recruiting for something likely to get them in a lot of hurt.

1.) I know exactly who he is. An American patriot and hero.

2.) That's not true. Ron Paul had NOTHING to do with banning Adam from any event.

3.) WTF does that even mean?

4.) Tons of people love the man, and no hurt will ever come from supporting a patriot.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-04-2013, 12:45 PM
This thread should be made front page, so Adam Kokesh isn't used by the media to make Ron Paul supporters look bad.

It's odd you place so much power in that guy.

The media will make RP and his supporters look bad, no matter what. That's their record, and their purpose.

Yes, he does. He's spent quite a bit of his life talking about state sponsored violence. Not believing in violence would be like not believing in the moon. You might not see it all the time, but it's there for sure.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 12:48 PM
4.) Tons of people love the man, and no hurt will ever come from supporting a patriot.

Then you show up to the armed march.

But merely posting actual facts about Adam Kokesh, like him trying to get people invovled in drugs in a video, talking about assassination on the air, (both I believe mentioned in the link at the top of this thread), are necessary facts to know about someone you are talking about being murdered over.

I would not go to such a march unless it was from a peaceful man.

Proverbs 22:24
Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go:

luctor-et-emergo
05-04-2013, 12:48 PM

Lets see how much we agree...

1. I think most people here know pretty well who Adam is.
2. Right, although I don't think Ron was planning those details of the event. I have no proof, but it seems unlikely.
3. Who knows, I don't.
4. I think it obvious....

I just didn't see what the poster had to add to this.
A private event and a public march are totally different.
At a public event whoever owns the place gets to decide what happens, in a public event one has to break laws before things are stopped.
Although I can certainly see how something like this may provoke a situation in which technically no laws are broken but things ARE stopped.
We'll see.

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 12:49 PM
. What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is its natural manure.
Thomas Jefferson

I can not say it as well as has already been said,, by those better than I.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 12:50 PM
It's odd you place so much power in that guy.

It's odd that I place a lot of stock about the opinion of Ron Paul on someone, on forums named after Ron Paul?

angelatc
05-04-2013, 12:53 PM

If you want to do something a little more constructive, I have a suggestion....

Adam is brave enough to use his real name when he stirs up trouble.

angelatc
05-04-2013, 12:54 PM
It's odd that I place a lot of stock about the opinion of Ron Paul on someone, on forums named after Ron Paul?

It's odd that you seem to think the Spirit of 1776 entails only voting.

RM918
05-04-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm not going to throw insults out here, I at first thought Kokesh's march sounded like a ballsy but ultimately non-violent protest against gun grabbing so long as he urged people not to start firing under any circumstances. But that tweet of his is incredibly worrying and I'm getting to the point where I am really hoping this doesn't happen anymore if he's not nearly as committed to making sure this thing doesn't blow up in his face as I thought he was. If this march happens and someone opens fire, this is EXACTLY the event the establishment would have been praying for.

angelatc
05-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Proverbs 22:24
Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go:

You seem angrier than Adam ever does.

Matt Collins
05-04-2013, 01:01 PM
The punk Benton had him banned. A truly cowardly action.

It was not something Ron Paul would do.I produced the Sun Dome rally, and I didn't know about Adam being banned until after the fact, although I had nothing to do with security aspect of the event either. But I can say that given Adam's behavior prior to the event, banning him was a logical move.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 01:06 PM
I produced the Sun Dome rally, and I didn't know about Adam being banned until after the fact, although I had nothing to do with security aspect of the event either. But I can say that given Adam's behavior prior to the event, banning him was a logical move.

Quoted for truth! 911 911 (like USA USA)!

FYI -nicely produced rally btw. I was there with both my brother and mother.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 01:09 PM

Ah, bravery is it? FBI agents are always the bravest ones. Haven't you read any of the terror setups in the last ten years with FBI agents leading the way?

They are always the bravest and most gungho, those FBI agents.

I've had my name in plenty of newspapers. And I don't use my real name where everyone else isn't. You're strangers to me.

And I'm not encouraging anyone to do wrong. You don't need my name.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm not going to throw insults out here, I at first thought Kokesh's march sounded like a ballsy but ultimately non-violent protest against gun grabbing so long as he urged people not to start firing under any circumstances. But that tweet of his is incredibly worrying and I'm getting to the point where I am really hoping this doesn't happen anymore if he's not nearly as committed to making sure this thing doesn't blow up in his face as I thought he was. If this march happens and someone opens fire, this is EXACTLY the event the establishment would have been praying for.

The Boston Bombings was also timed to mar another national holiday.

Yes, I think it is exactly as it appears. Why shouldn't it be? It does nothing good, so what is the real purpose?

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 01:13 PM
You seem angrier than Adam ever does.

If my words seem sharper than a rifle, I'll take that as an unintended compliment.

I would never give someone an impression real or imagined that I might do violence against them.

But I will always ignore arguments over how dare I say such things!

silverhandorder
05-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I smell troll.

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 01:30 PM
I smell troll.

Seems the digital stench is reaching others.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Seems the digital stench is reaching others.

Seems the only facts that get linked are from me.

Family background: eastern european jewish, father owns a racetrack. Used to be part of Russian TV. Part of biography.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/3RD+CONGRESSIONAL+DISTRICT%3B+KOKESH+RAISES+CASH+T O+CHALLENGE+LUJAN.-a0209196073

http://www.sfreporter.com/santafe/article-4943-kokeheads.html

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 01:39 PM
So Adam Kokesh is calling for an armed march on Washington DC now.

Will this be a repeat of Tampa Florida?

http://iroots.org/2012/08/25/adam-kokesh-not-welcome-at-ron-paul-rally/

http://iroots.org/wp-content/uploads/adam-not-copy1.jpg

So what do you think, future look of wanted by the FBI poster?

Sometimes my posts seem against federal agencies, and sometimes in support. Here, I definitely support.

I just care about what is actually true. And government in it's proper role can be good. It's corrupt government that is bad.

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 01:41 PM

Family background: eastern european jewish, father owns a racetrack. Used to be part of Russian TV. Part of biography.

Irrelevant..
his family (race or religion?) means nothing to me.. and RT news is some of the best alternative to the MSM around.

angelatc
05-04-2013, 01:41 PM
If my words seem sharper than a rifle, I'll take that as an unintended compliment.

I would never give someone an impression real or imagined that I might do violence against them.

But I will always ignore arguments over how dare I say such things!

The question is why would you say such things? And why won't you tell us your real name?

angelatc
05-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Quoted for truth! 911 911 (like USA USA)!

FYI -nicely produced rally btw. I was there with both my brother and mother.

Lolz - befriending the Collinz is just one more reason for us not to like you.

You were there with your Mommy? That explains a lot about your attitude.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Lolz - befriending the Collinz is just one more reason for us not to like you.

You were there with your Mommy? That explains a lot about your attitude.

Seems a lot of the most vocal people weren't there at all.

And, fyi, I know who my parents are, yes.

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 01:46 PM
The question is why would you say such things? And why won't you tell us your real name?

I'm beginning to think it may be Benton. lol

tod evans
05-04-2013, 01:47 PM
I was staying out of this troll-fest until this peach.

Sometimes my posts seem against federal agencies, and sometimes in support. Here, I definitely support.

Your idea of "the proper role of government" and mine differ quite a bit!

If AK does in fact undertake this march and does as he stated he would, he and those with him would be harming no one.

I cannot and will not support a government that perpetrates violence on its citizens as an offensive move.

Your post supporting actions of this magnitude speak loudly of your character, or lack there of. :(

WhistlinDave
05-04-2013, 01:49 PM
The term "troll" comes from "trolling for a fight," and trolling was originally a fishing term. It means to drag bloody fish guts behind your boat in order to attract fish. In Internet terms it's throwing something offensive and inflammatory into the water to see who bites.

I'm sure most people here probably already knew this, but I bring it up in order to say this: Spirit of 1776 may be trolling for a fight with this thread, but at the same time as much as I admire Adam Kokesh, part of me thinks that with this march, HE is deliberately trolling for a fight, and one that could end up involving red blood cells instead of computer keyboards.

I think he is making this stand to make his point, knowing full well that it could go very badly, and if he has the courage to do that in order to make his point, more power to him, but I myself have too many responsibilities to other people in my life right now to participate. (I mean if I had the means to get there, which I don't anyway so it's a moot point.) I am a little concerned about how it could all turn out.

I hope it remains peaceful and nobody on either side fires the first shot when the inevitable law enforcement response happens.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 01:49 PM
I was staying out of this troll-fest until this peach.
:(

I am not a federal agent.

However, Adam Kokesh has talked about assassination before. A source I believe is in the link posted on the start of this thread. Else, just google it.

He's either violent, an agent, or both. That's just the way it is.

tod evans
05-04-2013, 01:51 PM

However, Adam Kokesh has talked about assassination before. A source I believe is in the link posted on the start of this thread. Else, just google it.

Boogity-boogity....:eek:

Gosh I'm shaking in my panties now...:rolleyes:

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 01:53 PM

So have I. I have discussed the Kennedy assassination,, MLKs, and even the possibility that it may be attempted with Ron Paul had he won.

I have never threatened assassination.. and neither did AK.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Boogity-boogity....:eek:

Gosh I'm shaking in my panties now...:rolleyes:

Than go there. I think it would do a lot of good for some of you to go to it. It's like weeding out the good eggs from the bad.

You aren't the people I am talking to. You'll just trying to drowned that out.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Looking some things up after reading this thread, and my rating of Benton just went up a notch too.

"Mr. Kokesh is a deeply troubled individual with whom we cut off contact a long time ago," said Benton when told of Kokesh's video. "We have a very cordial and respectful relationship with Gov. Romney and his campaign and reject anyone who would think or talk this way. I hope the Secret Service investigates and takes all appropriate action they find necessary."

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Looking some things up after reading this thread, and my rating of Benton just went up a notch too.

Yeah,, that is where many here started seeing Benton for what he was..

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah,, that is where many here started seeing Benton for what he was..

And many seeing some of the people on here for what they were.

So you guys mouth all this armed march on Washington DC, and it turns out you guys didn't even go to Tampa?

Benton was right about you.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-04-2013, 02:05 PM

I don't understand what you meant there at all. Elaborate?

+rep.

Ummmm. Let's give people the benefit of the doubt. lol

IMO, the worst thing Benton did was mix his genes with the Paul family. (He did a lot of other questionable things, but that was permanent.)

SkepticalMetal
05-04-2013, 02:05 PM

So you guys mouth all this armed march on Washington DC, and it turns out you guys didn't even go to Tampa?

What in the world are you talking about, anyway?

chudrockz
05-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Than go there. I think it would do a lot of good for some of you to go to it. It's like weeding out the good eggs from the bad.

Your logic is about as sensible as your grammar.

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Why go to Tampa when Benton had already sold out the delegates?

I did not go because I was financially unable to..

I would have liked to met some of the folks there,, but the presidential Campaign was already thoroughly sabotaged by then.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Your logic is about as sensible as your grammar.

Maybe s/he is drinking/hammered today. I'd like to offer a "welcome back" later if that's the case.

fr33
05-04-2013, 02:28 PM

"Mr. Kokesh is a deeply troubled individual with whom we cut off contact a long time ago," said Benton when told of Kokesh's video. "We have a very cordial and respectful relationship with Gov. Romney and his campaign and reject anyone who would think or talk this way. I hope the Secret Service investigates and takes all appropriate action they find necessary."
If you really want to go this route it's very easy to find more Benton quotes out there that show he, Benton, should be cut off from the liberty movement.

brushfire
05-04-2013, 03:00 PM
I wish Kokesh well. I hope his march is a success, and that everyone makes it home safe and sound. They have got a lot of ballz to do this, and I cant see any negatives, as the big picture goes.
The tyrants may stand down and let the march commence, the peaceful protestors will get fired upon by the tyrants, or something in between. Although some individual protestors may pay the "fee", I think liberty will come out on top - no matter what happens...
God bless them all.

angelatc
05-04-2013, 03:55 PM

I think Jesse would have better things to do than stalk Adam, but one never knows. But this guy said he went to the rally with his brother and his Mom. Now I think he's just a punk.

angelatc
05-04-2013, 03:58 PM

There were 10,000 people there. I can assure you you weren't the only one that attended.

But seriously, why would I bother going to Tampa? To see Ron give the same speech he's given about 1000 times before? I mean, it wasn't like they were interested in actually fighting the GOP on behalf of the delegates who were removed from their rightful positions or anything constructive.

I guess they wanted to keep the peace.

But do tell - what did Benton say about "us?"

Anti Federalist
05-04-2013, 04:09 PM
The term "troll" comes from "trolling for a fight," and trolling was originally a fishing term. It means to drag bloody fish guts behind your boat in order to attract fish. In Internet terms it's throwing something offensive and inflammatory into the water to see who bites.

Actually, that's "chumming". Throw a bunch of blood and guts into the water and see what stirs up.

Trolling, on the other hand, is a little more subtle.

It's the fine art of dragging a real or artificial bait (lure) behind you, and, if you are doing right, to exactly mimic the swim pattern of the baitfish.

So that, to the unsuspecting fish, your bait looks like the real thing.

Lucille
05-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Jesse Benton can GFH.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/396606_4860732406409_195644225_n.jpg

Petar
05-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I've always had my suspicions about Kokesh, particularly after his "watering the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants" speech.

I hope to god that this march is not some elaborate setup to start a war between patriots and the federal government, but I really believe that it could be.

I mean all it would take is a couple of provocateurs on both sides, and this could get really ugly really fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocl9Eo8yB4g

WhistlinDave
05-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Actually, that's "chumming". Throw a bunch of blood and guts into the water and see what stirs up.

Trolling, on the other hand, is a little more subtle.

It's the fine art of dragging a real or artificial bait (lure) behind you, and, if you are doing right, to exactly mimic the swim pattern of the baitfish.

So that, to the unsuspecting fish, your bait looks like the real thing.

Ah, OK, I stand corrected. (I'm pretty sure "trolling" on the Internet does come from the fishing term originally though, from everything I've ever read on it.)

Christian Liberty
05-04-2013, 04:39 PM
I've always had my suspicions about Kokesh, particularly after his "watering the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants" speech.

What's wrong with quoting Jefferson? Or am I missing something.

The Founders would frankly being much more violent than Kokesh is right now if they were here. I'm not advocating anything, I'm just saying.

My only disagreement with civil war like you described is the low chance of success. We need more than 29% support...

pcosmar
05-04-2013, 04:48 PM

The Founders would frankly being much more violent than Kokesh is right now if they were here. I'm not advocating anything, I'm just saying.

My only disagreement with civil war like you described is the low chance of success. We need more than 29% support...

the full quote,, from a founder of this country. The man that also penned the Declaration of Independence.

The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, & what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusetts? And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always, well informed. The past which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive; if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13 states independent 11 years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is its natural manure.
Thomas Jefferson

Anti Federalist
05-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Ah, OK, I stand corrected. (I'm pretty sure "trolling" on the Internet does come from the fishing term originally though, from everything I've ever read on it.)

Oh yes, it sure does, but I just wanted to point out that difference.

A good "troll" looks like the real thing. ;)

Petar
05-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Quoting Jefferson is great unless it's done by a provocateur who is trying to provoke the war with patriots that the feds want more than anything.

I'm not saying that Kokesh definitely is a provocateur, but the last thing we should do is just completely throw caution to the wind in such a delicate situation when the stakes are this high.

phill4paul
05-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Quoting Jefferson is great unless it's done by a provocateur who is trying to provoke the war with patriots that the feds want more than anything.

I'm not saying that Kokesh definitely is a provocateur, but the last thing we should do is just completely throw caution to the wind in such a delicate situation when the stakes are this high.

Interestingly enough you have me wanting to find out how many Tories claimed that Jefferson was an agent provocateur of the French monarchy.

anaconda
05-04-2013, 05:27 PM
I am sure the founders would completely agree with you that a peaceful protest in the nations capital to combat the oppressive levels of tyranny is a bad idea. /endsarc

That's when we had muskets, not dirty bombs (and unaccounted inventory depletion of pressure cookers). Kokesh is clearly a terrorist and must be dealt with preemptively, for our national security, our children, and our way of life.

gwax23
05-04-2013, 05:27 PM

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/3RD+CONGRESSIONAL+DISTRICT%3B+KOKESH+RAISES+CASH+T O+CHALLENGE+LUJAN.-a0209196073

http://www.sfreporter.com/santafe/article-4943-kokeheads.html

What does Kokesh being jewish have anything to do with this discussion?

QueenB4Liberty
05-04-2013, 10:06 PM
If a lot of people do show up, remember there is also a huge celebration on the Washington Mall on the 4th of July. Families and lots of children will be there. Let's see the Feds start something with all those innocent people around. That will be interesting. I'm intrigued by the whole thing though.

fr33
05-04-2013, 10:12 PM
The march could be the most patriotic event in the celebration if the fedthugs would let it be. The veterans for Paul march sure was.

PaulConventionWV
05-04-2013, 10:13 PM

Only 1 and 4 are actually points. Wondering something is not making a point.

PaulConventionWV
05-04-2013, 10:24 PM

I thought it had to do with living in your mom's basement so long that you grow mold on your skin and having nothing better to do than make shit up on message boards. To me, that kind of conjures up images of a troll living under a bridge.

PaulConventionWV
05-04-2013, 10:28 PM

What exactly are you advocating? I'm still not clear as to what your message is to Kokesh and your general sentiment about what should happen to this event.

osan
05-04-2013, 10:31 PM

Therein the fatal weakness.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-04-2013, 10:31 PM

You act like if we remain in line all will be well. Do not be afraid of resistance because the propaganda outlets will distort such actions. If you've given that up to them all ready, then we've all ready lost. I oppose this because it is pointless to march armed when you have no intention of using the arms in the first place, and secondly, it is strategically poor. We need every man and material. Needlessly wasting them seems like one of the absolute worst things for potentialities which lay ahead. So, yeah, I'd prefer them not walk into the lions den and get mowed down for reasons stated above. So many place victory at the hands of Washington in our Revolution, but it was the thousands of countless guerilla's who won the war for us.

LibertyEagle
05-04-2013, 10:39 PM
There were 10,000 people there. I can assure you you weren't the only one that attended.

But seriously, why would I bother going to Tampa? To see Ron give the same speech he's given about 1000 times before? I mean, it wasn't like they were interested in actually fighting the GOP on behalf of the delegates who were removed from their rightful positions or anything constructive.

I guess they wanted to keep the peace.

But do tell - what did Benton say about "us?"

They did try to fight them legally. There was more than one campaign lawyer who worked on this. Don't you remember?

To me, the biggest problem was that they didn't communicate it to us until after the fact, so people's imagination really ran wild in the meantime. I know mine did.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-04-2013, 10:51 PM
They did try to fight them legally. There was more than one campaign lawyer who worked on this. Don't you remember?

To me, the biggest problem was that they didn't communicate it to us until after the fact, so people's imagination really ran wild in the meantime. I know mine did.

The campaign openly condemned many a Paul supporter in quite a few State conventions. They never even stood up for the man who broke his hip in Louisiana I think it was...Pretty shameful. Benton is scum. Or the nice guy in Kansas City who was arrested for finishing the delegation/convention...yeah.

Matt Collins
05-05-2013, 07:39 AM

Some people will only believe what they want to believe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4pVMbY8kQA

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 08:59 AM
benton abandoned us, and betrayed us in louisiana.
that is a fact, jack.

PaulConventionWV
05-05-2013, 10:11 AM

Drowned is the past tense. Also, I think you meant "you're", not "you'll". So the sentence you just typed should look like this.

You're just trying to drown that out.

PaulConventionWV
05-05-2013, 10:13 AM

That is just retarded. Why would we need to go to Tampa to say anything about the march on Washington? What in the hell does Tampa have to do with a march on Washington?

satchelmcqueen
05-05-2013, 10:16 AM
good march idea. i hope the government stays the hell back and allows it to be peaceful. id bet theyre already trying to infiltrate the event and have a man start some violence. "never let a crisis go to waste." or opportunity for that matter.

PaulConventionWV
05-05-2013, 10:20 AM
benton abandoned us, and betrayed us in louisiana.
that is a fact, jack.

I've never understood why people have such strong hate feelings for Benton. I guess I never will. I've never heard an example of the pure evil he supposedly represents other than not doing what other people here thought he should have done. To me, that's a pretty sorry reason for hating a guy.

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 10:25 AM
I've never understood why people have such strong hate feelings for Benton. I guess I never will. I've never heard an example of the pure evil he supposedly represents other than not doing what other people here thought he should have done. To me, that's a pretty sorry reason for hating a guy.

we won the state, we did all the work- put in all the money. all we need from the fucking national campaign was them fighting for what we won.
benton traded away our victory in this state for an undisclosed payoff. he stole our efforts and used them for his own benefit.

Tod
05-05-2013, 10:26 AM
while not a shot was fired, a ray was beamed....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvZCz_3Fqog

PaulConventionWV
05-05-2013, 10:28 AM
we won the state, we did all the work- put in all the money. all we need from the fucking national campaign was them fighting for what we won.
benton traded away our victory in this state for an undisclosed payoff. he stole our efforts and used them for his own benefit.

How so? I don't know what you're referring to.

angelatc
05-05-2013, 10:28 AM

[video=youtube;tvZCz_3eo]

So we need to BYPFC? (Bring Your Own Faraday Cage?)

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 10:30 AM

let's start here-
what do you know about the louisiana caucus and its gop convention?
what do you know about the louisiana delegation?
what do you know about the delegate deals going down under benton's control?

Tod
05-05-2013, 10:31 AM

Might be advisable! lol

klamath
05-05-2013, 10:32 AM
It is infrared spectrum you need a bright silver reflector.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-05-2013, 12:06 PM

Because you weren't paying attention. This is why you sound uninformed right now. It was a large topic here, at the time.

PaulConventionWV
05-05-2013, 02:22 PM
let's start here-
what do you know about the louisiana caucus and its gop convention?
what do you know about the louisiana delegation?
what do you know about the delegate deals going down under benton's control?

Nothing...? Enlighten me, seriously.

PaulConventionWV
05-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Because you weren't paying attention. This is why you sound uninformed right now. It was a large topic here, at the time.

I might have heard something about it, but if I seem uninformed, then please inform me. I've dug through the Benton-hate for a while and I've never really seen a legitimate reason to hate him other than he's done things that people here would have done differently.

torchbearer
05-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Nothing...? Enlighten me, seriously.

that explains everything, but i'm not sure how you couldn't understand how people could hate benton if you knew nothing about what went on. your first response should have been- what happened? not confusion as to the anger.

i have little patience for rehashing this crap, as it is water under the bridge- but here is the short.

the louisiana caucus and its gop convention
the liberty caucus won 70% of the state delegation. that didn't happen by fucking magic. that took a lot of work and money. that effort was provided by the activist of this state. god bless them all. because it was a 6 month intense ordeal. we were suppose to have our caucus in january, prior to super tuesday. but the establishment knew we would win- so they moved the caucus back to april, when the race would be 'over'. this cause a bit of a problem. the national campaign invested resources in our state that previous november, with a january election date in mind. we built up our organization using their help with providing list.
but after the caucus was rescheduled, the campaign kinda pulled out- leaving the office, but our activist sacrificed their job time to man it. thank you, heather.
the left over organization rebuilds itself without campaign support, and we eventually go to win the caucus... almost entirely.
long time state republican partisans were having meetings with us about national delegate seats. at minimum, if we were nice with others, we would take 26 national delegates and a safe majority for ron paul in louisiana.

then the lagop convention
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?379566-Louisiana-Convention-is-the-Major-Story-of-the-Primary&highlight=lagop+convention

our state executive committee try to highjack the convention with a minority. we continued the convention without him, and elected our delegates. their minority elected theirs.

then this-
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?384537-Louisiana-Paulers-Left-out-to-dry-by-the-state-party&highlight=lagop+convention

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?385897-Louisiana-Ron-Paul-delegates-lose-appeal-mod-FIRST-appeal&highlight=lagop+convention

then this-

Ron Paul Delegates for Louisiana and Massachuetts are seated after "deal" with RNC (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386793-Ron-Paul-Delegates-for-Louisiana-and-Massachuetts-are-seated-after-quot-deal-quot-with-RNC&highlight=lagop+convention)

by the end of it all, we got 10 delegates out of the minimum 26 we should have had, and benton has a budding new career path.
we trusted him to have our back. to protect what we worked for... in the end- he sold us out for his gain. he has earned his loathing.
i don't see how he sleeps at night.

angelatc
05-05-2013, 02:53 PM

You're just trying to trick me into wearing tin foil, aren't you? :D

pcosmar
05-05-2013, 04:29 PM

Mirrored Mylar..
A reflective surface will stop it.

http://survivalbypreparedness.com/images/SWSB.jpg

the reality is,, that microwave weapons exist.
and the "tin foil hat" was a tongue in cheek reference to known technology. Ineffective,,by the way,, but based on reality.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/05/army-removes-pa/

shane77m
05-05-2013, 06:46 PM
A little over 1,000 people now say they are going.

All of the people commenting on the event page seem to be missing the fact that Kokesh is calling for this to be a peacefull march. He is not advocating they march up to the Whitehouse and open fire.

ninepointfive
05-05-2013, 06:50 PM
too many so called, "libertarians" have been poo pooing this. It's a litmus test for sure

Working Poor
05-05-2013, 07:18 PM

By hook or by crook...

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-05-2013, 07:21 PM
too many so called, "libertarians" have been poo pooing this. It's a litmus test for sure

Litmus test for what exactly? Stupidity?

ninepointfive
05-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Litmus test for what exactly? Stupidity?

caught wind of a facebook post of a couple ole friends of mine which were dogging on him. not exaclty critisizing his approach, but more like the man himself. a litmus test for principles, and supporting others who still have their principles.

MelissaWV
05-05-2013, 08:10 PM
caught wind of a facebook post of a couple ole friends of mine which were dogging on him. not exaclty critisizing his approach, but more like the man himself. a litmus test for principles, and supporting others who still have their principles.

You might want to take all the evidence together as a whole on this. A thousand people, many of which seem to have a completely misinformed idea of what the goal and procedure is. An announced armed march towards DC. Previous remarks which already fit into the "he's a threat" narrative (the Government doesn't even need to make those up this time).

Silly me, but I feel that you can have principles and see this as a very bad idea.

madengr
05-05-2013, 08:12 PM

No, it's millimeter wave at about 94 GHz, inducing currents and stimulating the nerves just under the surface of you skin. Feels like you are burning, but little heat is produced. Sort of like the agony booth in Star Trek episode Mirror, Mirror.

klamath
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM
No, it's millimeter wave at about 94 GHz, inducing currents and stimulating the nerves just under the surface of you skin. Feels like you are burning, but little heat is produced.I take your word for it. I didn't research it but se by the response of the test persons. They thought they were feeling heat.
Angelatc back to your faraday shield:D

JK/SEA
05-05-2013, 08:19 PM
For the record, i approve of this march. Frankly, i think this needs to be done every 4th of July. The founders would approve, i'm sure of that.

ninepointfive
05-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Silly me, but I feel that you can have principles and see this as a very bad idea.

that's what I tried to say./ They were attacking Kokesh, not his ideas of the march itself, and how it would be conducted

madengr
05-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I take your word for it. I didn't research it but se by the response of the test persons. They thought they were feeling heat.
Angelatc back to your faraday shield:D

See the giant microwave tube on the cover of this book:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Tube-Guys-Norman-Pond/dp/0981692303

It's a 1 MW klystron at 94 GHz developed for an airborne deployment of the microwave pain ray. Pretty insidious, but cool at the same time, from a technology standpoint.

Original_Intent
05-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Or one stupid cop.

This is the catch 22 we find ourselves in. No confrontation leads to more abuse. And yet confrontation is exactly what is desired by TPTB to "legitimize" martial law.

I agree with you though, things can't continue as they are.

Anti Federalist
05-05-2013, 10:44 PM
This is the catch 22 we find ourselves in. No confrontation leads to more abuse. And yet confrontation is exactly what is desired by TPTB to "legitimize" martial law.

I agree with you though, things can't continue as they are.

Indeed.

ninepointfive
05-05-2013, 10:47 PM
can someone with a facebook repost the original content on this on this forum? Its becoming clear there is no other online post with the original content, and maybe this leads to some confusion as to what has been said.

also, for shame that this is only a facebook event. :toady: that's a social media no no

tangent4ronpaul
05-05-2013, 10:57 PM
can someone with a facebook repost the original content on this on this forum? Its becoming clear there is no other online post with the original content, and maybe this leads to some confusion as to what has been said.

also, for shame that this is only a facebook event. :toady: that's a social media no no

There's a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.

We especially invite law enforcement officers to stand with us armed however they feel is appropriate.

-t

ninepointfive
05-05-2013, 11:04 PM
I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting.

first, thankyou for posting that.

second, for sure anyone marching needs to consider themselves brothers in arms. what's the point of standing on your feet than being a slave on your knees, if you allow another brother to be arrested for exercising constitutional rights? this will prevent many from joining in on the march.

TheTexan
05-05-2013, 11:09 PM
first, thankyou for posting that.

second, for sure anyone marching needs to consider themselves brothers in arms. what's the point of standing on your feet than being a slave on your knees, if you allow another brother to be arrested for exercising constitutional rights? this will prevent many from joining in on the march.

There are apparently some who are going that have no plans of turning around, regardless of what kokesh' "plan" is... internet chest beating perhaps... maybe not

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-06-2013, 12:15 AM
There are apparently some who are going that have no plans of turning around, regardless of what kokesh' "plan" is... internet chest beating perhaps... maybe not

And...they'll accomplish nothing. Fight the political battles, use civil disobedience at home on a wide-range of pertinent issues, and when they come for your guns THEN defend yourselves in your own territory where you have the advantage of both familiarity, community, and hopefully terrain. Marching into DC to get slaughtered solves nothing and is a needless waste of men and material. You didn't see the folks at the Lexington Green march into the local English forts armed with the intent to not use their weapons as a means of protest. They defended their community, their liberties, and their materials WHEN the forces of tyranny came to take them. That is when to confront them. This is just such a stupid idea I can't even fathom how anyone can rationally defend it.

Working Poor
05-06-2013, 06:19 AM
I have mixed feelings about this march. I think if anyone wants to start a civil war this might be the way to start it. I am worried...

Bastiat's The Law
05-06-2013, 06:28 AM
They should all march into NYC with Big Gulps.

shane77m
05-06-2013, 06:38 AM
1376 going
1291 maybe
29,726 invited

XNavyNuke
05-06-2013, 06:42 AM
You didn't see the folks at the Lexington Green march into the local English forts armed with the intent to not use their weapons as a means of protest. They defended their community, their liberties, and their materials WHEN the forces of tyranny came to take them. ... This is just such a stupid idea I can't even fathom how anyone can rationally defend it.

April 19, 1775, Lexington and Concord, did not happen in a vacuum. It just happens to have been the one that public school history likes to focus on. Prior to that date, colonials most certainly operated directly against Royal forces. One obviousl case was the march against Fort William and Mary. http://www.library.unh.edu/special/index.php/exhibits/capture-of-fort-william-and-mary
Also predating April 19th was the powder raid by Royal forces against Salem, MA. http://archive.org/stream/accountofleslies00endi#page/n9/mode/2up

So, while you are certainly entitled to espouse that this particular march is a stupid idea, your historical rationale is weak. Direct action against tyranny does have historical precedence. I would go as far to say that this particular march, as described, is thin gruel compared to the Founders actions. Wake me up when Mr. Kokesh decides to occupy Quantico.

XNN

PaulConventionWV
05-06-2013, 06:47 AM
that explains everything, but i'm not sure how you couldn't understand how people could hate benton if you knew nothing about what went on. your first response should have been- what happened? not confusion as to the anger.

i have little patience for rehashing this crap, as it is water under the bridge- but here is the short.

the louisiana caucus and its gop convention
the liberty caucus won 70% of the state delegation. that didn't happen by fucking magic. that took a lot of work and money. that effort was provided by the activist of this state. god bless them all. because it was a 6 month intense ordeal. we were suppose to have our caucus in january, prior to super tuesday. but the establishment knew we would win- so they moved the caucus back to april, when the race would be 'over'. this cause a bit of a problem. the national campaign invested resources in our state that previous november, with a january election date in mind. we built up our organization using their help with providing list.
but after the caucus was rescheduled, the campaign kinda pulled out- leaving the office, but our activist sacrificed their job time to man it. thank you, heather.
the left over organization rebuilds itself without campaign support, and we eventually go to win the caucus... almost entirely.
long time state republican partisans were having meetings with us about national delegate seats. at minimum, if we were nice with others, we would take 26 national delegates and a safe majority for ron paul in louisiana.

then the lagop convention
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?379566-Louisiana-Convention-is-the-Major-Story-of-the-Primary&highlight=lagop+convention

our state executive committee try to highjack the convention with a minority. we continued the convention without him, and elected our delegates. their minority elected theirs.

then this-
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?384537-Louisiana-Paulers-Left-out-to-dry-by-the-state-party&highlight=lagop+convention

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?385897-Louisiana-Ron-Paul-delegates-lose-appeal-mod-FIRST-appeal&highlight=lagop+convention

then this-

Ron Paul Delegates for Louisiana and Massachuetts are seated after "deal" with RNC (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386793-Ron-Paul-Delegates-for-Louisiana-and-Massachuetts-are-seated-after-quot-deal-quot-with-RNC&highlight=lagop+convention)

by the end of it all, we got 10 delegates out of the minimum 26 we should have had, and benton has a budding new career path.
we trusted him to have our back. to protect what we worked for... in the end- he sold us out for his gain. he has earned his loathing.
i don't see how he sleeps at night.

You're not sure how I don't understand if I don't know? How does that make sense? It's perfectly reasonable for someone to not understand something if they don't know about it. I don't need you to tell me what my response should have been, either.

Now, from what I can tell, the campaign decided it was a better utilization of time and resources not to fight for LA when the date was moved because, as you said, the race would have been over by then. You then surprised everyone and won anyway, at which point the establishment pummeled you into submission.

I really feel for you, but how is all of that Benton's fault? Like I said, this looks like just another case of Benton-hating because he made a decision that you don't like. You're going to have to establish more proof of his intention to harm the campaign in order to justify such hate. Otherwise, I will see it as you being caught in a very unfortunate situation and being bitter because the campaign didn't want to spend all of its resources fighting for your state.

shane77m
05-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Anyone on the RPF going?

mczerone
05-06-2013, 11:07 AM
I've waited the weekend to put down my thoughts of this march.

I think it's a great idea, with some caveats that could lead it to go horribly wrong.

(1) The larger the crowd, the less likely there will be criminal charges brought by DC cops. But the more likely they'll respond with National Guard units ordered to "hold a line" with deadly force.

(1a) Sad as it may be, a "massacre" against peaceful people who didn't draw their weapons may be a spark to ignite a further peaceful evolution. As Adam said, if DC makes it clear that free, peaceful people aren't allowed in DC, then free, peaceful people should stop allowing DC to govern them.

(2) The common people don't get it. Adam needs to turn the media attention on this to his favor: explain "zen libertarianism," explain that he doesn't care for the NRA, explain that he's taking steps to root out agents provocateurs, etc. At this point he should easily be able to get a Salon interview or an interview with another large outlet that will at least treat him fairly. If he gets more attention and gets more public acceptance (rather than the lefties going "Stupid NRA patsy gonna get shot" or righties going "Stupid liberal trying to make us look bad"), this can be a great event. If the narrative doesn't change before the event, I don't know that I'd support it.

(3) Adam has skill with video. He knows how to stagger cameras and keep a frame on things that matter. If there's a plan to keep a net of live video on the participants, the likelihood of participants acting counter to the goals of the event will be minimized. Controlling the marchers is the most difficult aspect of the event, and I'm confident that it can be done.

So, while their are large risks of this CivDis, I think it's something that willing participants should engage in. But if things don't shape up to put a good message in the media, then Adam should stop pushing the FB page so that 10,000 won't agree to show up. That's his big out: The March is conditional.

EBounding
05-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I guess I misunderstood his original intention. At first it sounded like he was planning on "fighting back" but that doesn't seem to be the case. So it's really not much different than the open-carries at the Steak and Shake (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIQJ_FJ8zsQ). I'm not sure what will be accomplished though. Even if no one is arrested and they make it to the steps of the White House, the gun-grabbers will still use this event for more gun controls. "Look! If these extremists can make it to the White House with loaded weapons, just think of how close they can get to your children!"

torchbearer
05-06-2013, 11:24 AM
You're not sure how I don't understand if I don't know? How does that make sense? It's perfectly reasonable for someone to not understand something if they don't know about it. I don't need you to tell me what my response should have been, either.

Now, from what I can tell, the campaign decided it was a better utilization of time and resources not to fight for LA when the date was moved because, as you said, the race would have been over by then. You then surprised everyone and won anyway, at which point the establishment pummeled you into submission.

I really feel for you, but how is all of that Benton's fault? Like I said, this looks like just another case of Benton-hating because he made a decision that you don't like. You're going to have to establish more proof of his intention to harm the campaign in order to justify such hate. Otherwise, I will see it as you being caught in a very unfortunate situation and being bitter because the campaign didn't want to spend all of its resources fighting for your state.
his fault comes at the end, when it was time to protect what was already won. the last link provides the results of his deal, he made with the Romney campaign. he used his position to profit from our effort, and doing so by axing our people.

chudrockz
05-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Anyone on the RPF going?

Probably at least a handful would be my guess.

I myself signed up as a "maybe." I am fascinated and a little frightened of the idea, but I do support it. However, I would have to say that the odds of my maybe becoming a "going" are slim to none. If I were still single and carefree I'd go in a heartbeat. As it is, I'm married and would kind of like to stay that way. And I'm as close to 100% certain as I can be that if I even mentioned the idea to my wife she would say something very much like, "if you plan on going, plan on getting divorced first, because I don't want to be a widow or have to visit you in Gitmo."

Wives. Sigh.

ninepointfive
05-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Kokesh is live on Alex jones, RIGHT NOW!

www.infowars.com

Lucille
05-06-2013, 01:27 PM
^ No youtube yet.

http://www.infowars.com/radio-host-to-lead-armed-march-on-dc-july-4th-to-put-govt-on-notice/

Libertarian and political commentator Lew Rockwell, on the Monday edition of the Alex Jones Show, warned that the march is equivalent to entering the gates of Mordor, and agreed with Alex that the event could easily be provocateured to demonize the growing liberty movement.
[...]
UPDATE 130506 Now that it’s undeniable that this is going to happen, allow me to make clear how. There will be coordination with DC law enforcement prior to the event. I will recommend that they do the best they can to honor their oaths and escort us on our route. Failing to provide that commitment to safety, we will either be informed that we will only be allowed up to a certain point where we would be arrested. If this is the case, we will approach that point as a group and if necessary, I will procede to volunteer myself to determine what their actual course of action with someone crossing the line will be at which point fellow marchers will have the choice of joining me one at a time in a peaceful, orderly manner, or turning back to the National Cemetery.

Thanks to everyone for the vibrant conversation, but we have decided to make the wall of this event page specifically just for announcements and important info for the event. Please feel free to comment, and continue the conversation as you like at: http://forums.adamvstheman.com/viewforum.php?f=13

shane77m
05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
This should be an interesting event. I was under the impression that they wouldn't do it unless 10,000 people said they would attend. I was wrong. It looks like they were counting the number of people invited which is currently at 31,954 5/6/2013.

There's a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.

We especially invite law enforcement officers to stand with us armed however they feel is appropriate.

UPDATE 130506 Now that it's undeniable that this is going to happen, allow me to make clear how. There will be coordination with DC law enforcement prior to the event. I will recommend that they do the best they can to honor their oaths and escort us on our route. Failing to provide that commitment to safety, we will either be informed that we will only be allowed up to a certain point where we would be arrested. If this is the case, we will approach that point as a group and if necessary, I will procede to volunteer myself to determine what their actual course of action with someone crossing the line will be at which point fellow marchers will have the choice of joining me one at a time in a peaceful, orderly manner, or turning back to the National Cemetery.
Thanks to everyone for the vibrant conversation, but we have decided to make the wall of this event page specifically just for announcements and important info for the event. Please feel free to comment, and continue the conversation as you like at: http://forums.adamvstheman.com/viewforum.php?f=13

XNavyNuke
05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
This should be an interesting event. I was under the impression that they wouldn't do it unless 10,000 people said they would attend. I was wrong. It looks like they were counting the number of people invited which is currently at 31,954 5/6/2013.

Unfortunately, the higher the number the greater the opportunity for a provocateur.

XNN

JK/SEA
05-06-2013, 07:44 PM
hell...lets ban protesting.

Anti Federalist
05-06-2013, 07:46 PM
hell...lets ban protesting.

Ban people.

torchbearer
05-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Unfortunately, the higher the number the greater the opportunity for a provocateur.

XNN

i'd be looking out for an idiot if i was in that group. if the guy next to me started to take his rifle off his back in an offensive demeanor, i'd tackle his ass asap.

TheTexan
05-06-2013, 07:49 PM
UPDATE 130506 Now that it's undeniable that this is going to happen, allow me to make clear how. There will be coordination with DC law enforcement prior to the event. I will recommend that they do the best they can to honor their oaths and escort us on our route. Failing to provide that commitment to safety, we will either be informed that we will only be allowed up to a certain point where we would be arrested. If this is the case, we will approach that point as a group and if necessary, I will procede to volunteer myself to determine what their actual course of action with someone crossing the line will be at which point fellow marchers will have the choice of joining me one at a time in a peaceful, orderly manner, or turning back to the National Cemetery.

This is a much better plan than simply turning around. I'm interested in how this turns out. Adam is literally putting his life on the line with this one. Balls of fucking steel.

phill4paul
05-06-2013, 07:50 PM

XNN

Sure. But at what point do you give up security for liberty? If one is scared by terrorists into giving up their first and second limitation on government over inherent rights then what is the point?

JK/SEA
05-06-2013, 07:51 PM
we need protest zones. The middle of no where would work. That way drones could watch over things real easily.

torchbearer
05-06-2013, 07:51 PM
This is a much better plan than simply turning around. I'm interested in how this turns out. Adam is literally putting his life on the line with this one. Balls of fucking steel.

i've talked with him enough to know he believes what he says.
i respect him for his conviction. he has the true heart of the patriot.
the heart of a man who would dare challenge a king of the mightiest empire on the planet.

Tod
05-06-2013, 08:03 PM
I wonder what the result of being arrested would be? felony? If so, then it would be kind of like checking out of the fight early.

torchbearer
05-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I wonder what the result of being arrested would be? felony? If so, then it would be kind of like checking out of the fight early.

political prisoners.
maybe i can start round 2.

tangent4ronpaul
05-06-2013, 08:57 PM
we need protest zones. The middle of no where would work. That way drones could watch over things real easily.

Great idea! The newspeak for "Free Speech Zone" is now: "Drone Missile Practice Range" and the approved gathering spot will be by that large excavated trench...

-t

ninepointfive
05-06-2013, 09:10 PM

re-education courtesy of bill ayers and friends

JK/SEA
05-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Great idea! The newspeak for "Free Speech Zone" is now: "Drone Missile Practice Range" and the approved gathering spot will be by that large excavated trench...

-t

Yep. At least the namby -pamby's in here would feel better.

better-dead-than-fed
05-06-2013, 10:40 PM
how about we repeal the 2nd amendment because if we don't, we're in danger of provocateurs

fr33
05-06-2013, 10:50 PM
how about we repeal the 2nd amendment because if we don't, we're in danger of provocateurs
Right on. Just behave and follow the rules.

better-dead-than-fed
05-06-2013, 10:55 PM

I myself signed up as a "maybe." I am fascinated and a little frightened of the idea, but I do support it. However, I would have to say that the odds of my maybe becoming a "going" are slim to none. If I were still single and carefree I'd go in a heartbeat. As it is, I'm married and would kind of like to stay that way. And I'm as close to 100% certain as I can be that if I even mentioned the idea to my wife she would say something very much like, "if you plan on going, plan on getting divorced first, because I don't want to be a widow or have to visit you in Gitmo."

Wives. Sigh.

If you're right about this, an unchecked government will never jeopardize your marriage.

jkr
05-06-2013, 10:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PIFDTuf2RM

better-dead-than-fed
05-06-2013, 11:15 PM
... You didn't see the folks at the Lexington Green march into the local English forts armed with the intent to not use their weapons as a means of protest. They defended their community, their liberties, and their materials WHEN the forces of tyranny came to take them. ...

That hasn't begun already?

fr33
05-06-2013, 11:30 PM
You didn't see the folks at the Lexington Green march into the local English forts armed with the intent to not use their weapons as a means of protest. They defended their community, their liberties, and their materials WHEN the forces of tyranny came to take them.

Those folks did not live surrounded by people who want to disarm them of as many rights as we do today. There was no FBI, CIA, DHS, or 911.

In many if not most cases it isn't the locals threatening our right to self to defense; it is Washington DC.

better-dead-than-fed
05-06-2013, 11:36 PM

would a parabolic mirror and the microwave-generator from an oven have the same effect

XNavyNuke
05-07-2013, 05:57 AM
In many if not most cases it isn't the locals threatening our right to self to defense; it is Washington DC.

It's hard for most people today to imagine that Boston circa 1775 was about 1/5 the size of Davenport, IA today. When the king decided to occupy it with 4k Royal troops, that was a serious intervention! Smaller cities and towns across this country don't get involved in this fight, not because of their political bent but because they are SMALL. They are not beholden to the machinations of Mordor on the Potomac because they are not as deep in the largesse trough as the urban centers are.

XNN

shane77m
05-07-2013, 07:22 AM
2,224 going
2,011 maybe
46,286 invited 5/7/2013

I wonder what the numbers are for people that don't have a Fedbook account.

Say this goes off without any shooting, no one getting arrested, and they get to walk the entire planned route, what effect if any does anyone on the RPF think it will have?

Could it embolden more people to stand up for their rights? Could our reps finally get the message?

torchbearer
05-07-2013, 07:34 AM
2,224 going
2,011 maybe
46,286 invited 5/7/2013

I wonder what the numbers are for people that don't have a Fedbook account.

Say this goes off without any shooting, no one getting arrested, and they get to walk the entire planned route, what effect if any does anyone on the RPF think it will have?

Could it embolden more people to stand up for their rights? Could our reps finally get the message?

if they are allowed to march, i don't see why they should march around the capital everyday. a constant reminder.

brandon
05-07-2013, 07:34 AM
My civil disobedience days are behind me so I definitely won't be going. I think it's a not-so-bad idea though. It's really a win-win situation as long as no idiot in the crowd decides to fire their weapon.

pcosmar
05-07-2013, 07:50 AM
would a parabolic mirror and the microwave-generator from an oven have the same effect

Yes. On a smaller scale.

osan
05-07-2013, 08:10 AM
My civil disobedience days are behind me so I definitely won't be going. I think it's a not-so-bad idea though. It's really a win-win situation as long as no idiot in the crowd decides to fire their weapon.

Agreed. This can be better ensured by procedure. For example, everyone marches in a subgroup of no more or less than five, each group member policing himself and keeping eye on those around him. Before marching, All weapons are checked for clear chambers and locked. They should be marching locked and unloaded with mags in. Nobody unhinged a weapon for any reason save to meet a clear, present, and direct threat. Any discharge not in your immediate visual apprehension should be met by hitting the deck. If you see someone discharging his weapon, dive on his ass and invalidate him immediately. I would immediately acquire his physical ID and get everything on video right away. State his name, address and so forth as information is available. This to best ensure any government provocateur is clearly ID'd to prevent anyone from spiriting him away for the obvious reasons.

I surely hope Kokesh gets the planning and protocol right if he moves forward with this. For this event it is absolutely imperative that everyone be the keeper of his brothers. This cannot be overemphasized. This is real deal dangerous shit and you do not just waltz out there with your weapons without serious-as-a-heart-attack prep. This is very much like a military operation in terms of the risks, only worse because you are among strangers and have no real idea whom you can trust. As someone else me tend, this can go way bad in several ways. It takes only the first shot to get thing into crazy mode.

angelatc
05-07-2013, 08:24 AM

I'm glad you mentioned that. The Stupid Liberal blog I mentioned also concluded that this would not be Civil Disobedience because it was illegal.

ninepointfive
05-07-2013, 08:42 AM
There needs to be a term where supposed libertarians are so self critical and policing, that they in effect become mouthpieces for their opposition.

Unless you're all shills, which would make sense.

klamath
05-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Agreed. This can be better ensured by procedure. For example, everyone marches in a subgroup of no more or less than five, each group member policing himself and keeping eye on those around him. Before marching, All weapons are checked for clear chambers and locked. They should be marching locked and unloaded with mags in. Nobody unhinged a weapon for any reason save to meet a clear, present, and direct threat. Any discharge not in your immediate visual apprehension should be met by hitting the deck. If you see someone discharging his weapon, dive on his ass and invalidate him immediately. I would immediately acquire his physical ID and get everything on video right away. State his name, address and so forth as information is available. This to best ensure any government provocateur is clearly ID'd to prevent anyone from spiriting him away for the obvious reasons.

I surely hope Kokesh gets the planning and protocol right if he moves forward with this. For this event it is absolutely imperative that everyone be the keeper of his brothers. This cannot be overemphasized. This is real deal dangerous shit and you do not just waltz out there with your weapons without serious-as-a-heart-attack prep. This is very much like a military operation in terms of the risks, only worse because you are among strangers and have no real idea whom you can trust. As someone else me tend, this can go way bad in several ways. It takes only the first shot to get thing into crazy mode.
One fire cracker of a backfire could set it off. The trouble is even if you went there with the idea of a total peaceful march once the shooting starts even the peaceful person will be forced to fire in order to save his life. With a thousand or more men the forward collumn is going to be far enough away that all the middle and rear guard is going to hear is that pop then yelling and screaming and more pops and then the mass rumors swirling back throught the ranks. Some people will want to run, others will be angry and want to join the fight while others stand in uttershook paralized in place.

angelatc
05-07-2013, 08:55 AM

Wives. Sigh.

My hubby would buy me a plane ticket!

Hmmmm.....

( He said he might send you one too. Send him your wife's picture. I suppose I don't need to point this out, but warn her he has a wicked smart mouth.)

pcosmar
05-07-2013, 08:57 AM
One fire cracker of a backfire could set it off.

Yeah,, well cops are fucking stupid like that.

Perhaps they are due a "Darwin Award".

http://jonathanturley.org/2013/02/06/cleveland-police-under-investigation-after-unarmed-couple-killed-in-hail-of-140-bullets/

klamath
05-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Hey Ninepointfive you forgot to hit the neg rep radio button in your last slur. Please correct that as I feel honored to get neg reps from the likes of you.

klamath
05-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Yeah,, well cops are fucking stupid like that.

Perhaps they are due a "Darwin Award".

http://jonathanturley.org/2013/02/06/cleveland-police-under-investigation-after-unarmed-couple-killed-in-hail-of-140-bullets/
Or how about nothing at all when you are hiding in a boat.

AuH20
05-07-2013, 09:01 AM
I was down for the march until Kokesh talked about submitting to the authorities peacefully AKA get arrested. That's total bush league. Submit to the fedcoats so they can throw the book at me for violating their precious criminal code?

ninepointfive
05-07-2013, 09:28 AM
I was down for the march until Kokesh talked about submitting to the authorities peacefully AKA get arrested. That's total bush league. Submit to the fedcoats so they can throw the book at me for violating their precious criminal code?

yeah, I can only imagine that happening, being picked off like flies one by one and that's not cool. Think of going across the bridge, and being stopped by national police on one end, while the Virginia national guard surrounds them at the rear.

AuH20
05-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I am shocked how many on the left want the march participants executed and/or imprisoned for a long time. These are some wacked out folks!

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/05/05/1965191/open-carry-washington-march/?mobile=nc#

ninepointfive
05-07-2013, 10:10 AM
I am shocked how many on the left want the march participants executed and/or imprisoned for a long time. These are some wacked out folks!

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/05/05/1965191/open-carry-washington-march/?mobile=nc#

one of the many reasons I no longer have liberal friends - while protecting their civil liberty's they deny you both economic and social liberties. too bad I guess, cause the social libertys are common ground.

silverhandorder
05-07-2013, 10:15 AM
People need to look up definition of civil disobedience.

libertygrl
05-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Another take:

Armed march on Washington D.C. announced for July 4th: Is Adam Kokesh crazy, or courageous?

(NaturalNews) Adam vs. the Man activist Adam Kokesh, a Marine Corps Reserve veteran, has announced an armed march on Washington D.C. for July 4th. The event calls for protesters to carry loaded rifles slung across their backs as they march on Washington. It has been announced on Kokesh's Facebook page.

Appearing briefly on the Alex Jones Show today, Adam Kokesh explained, "This is an armed revolt against the American government. Make no mistake about it."

Is Adam Kokesh crazy, or courageous?

The mainstream media is already calling Kokesh "radicalized," although such accusations carry no credibility whatsoever from a leftist media that believes anyone who even owns a gun is a possible terrorist. So I don't pay any attention to what they call people. Most media heads are freedom-hating morons to begin with. Their voices don't even count.

So let's examine this from the perspective of the informed, liberty-minded kind of people who read Natural News:

On one hand, there's no denying Adam Kokesh has a monstrous set of cajones. Announcing such an event takes a level of courage bordering on sheer insanity (for reasons I'll outline below). But at one level, you gotta hand it to Kokesh for being willing to stand his ground on issues he believes in. If more people followed their passions and refused to be silenced by government, we wouldn't be living under a tyrannical government regime in the first place.

On the issue of gun rights, Kokesh and I agree on the principles: Americans have a sacred right to "keep and bear arms," and yes, that even means walking down the street with an AR-15 slung over your shoulder if that's your choice.

Doing so in Washington D.C., however, is currently a crime (because of DC's unconstitutional gun laws), and that means Kokesh and those who join him in the march are willing to be arrested or possibly even shot for standing their ground on their beliefs.

Again, that stance is actually commendable at a philosophical level. If you're not willing to die for liberty, you don't really understand what liberty is. But what concerns me about this march is not the principle upon which it is being conducted... it's the ease in which the whole thing could be turned into a government false flag event.

Is Adam Kokesh handing the government a perfect false flag event?

An armed activist march is all too easy to be hijacked by the government -- which is always looking for more false flag opportunities to paint gun owners as crazy nut jobs.

All you have to do is have a dozen undercover FBI provocateurs join the march, then organize a few cops to start hassling some of those conducting the march. On queue, the undercover FBI guys -- who specialize at staging false flag operations in the USA -- open fire on the cops.

Get it all on video and you've got news footage of apparent "patriots" gunning down police in D.C.

Anderson "CIA" Cooper then uses this footage on CNN to explain why Obama has suddenly declared martial law and ordered all Americans to turn in their guns to government agents who are go door to door for "public safety" reasons, just like we saw in Boston recently. "Shelter in place!"

Voila! The perfect government false flag operation to destroy the Second Amendment. And Adam Kokesh is practically handing it to them on a silver platter, through no fault of his own. There's no way to really have security for participating in this event... anyone can join up by just showing up with a rifle. How hard will it be for the government to place a few Adam Lanzas or James Holmes in the marching crowd, complete with brainwashing instructions to open fire when a particular trigger event is set off?

This is exactly why Alex Jones has never led such a march. It's far too easy for government provocateurs to hijack the march and use it to make gun owners look like crazy whack jobs (even when they aren't).

For this reason, I have to question Adam Kokesh's tactical thinking on this one. It's ballsy, yes, but also far too easy to have it all blow up in your face. And to pre-announce on live national radio that your march is, "an armed revolt against the American government" is just begging to have your march targeted with an Obama-approved drone strike.

All that being said, armchair quarterbacking is a whole lot easier than hitting the street and marching for what you believe in. So despite the fact that I question the sanity of this event -- and I think it might easily be turned into a government-run false flag event to make gun owners look like psychos -- I still have to hand it to Kokesh for having the balls to even attempt such a show of civil disobedience.

Truth be said, if more people had the courage to do what Adams Kokesh is doing (but in different ways), we wouldn't be occupied by this criminal government in the first place. My only concern is that this is giving the government an event that can be easily turned into a bloodbath that's used to blame gun owners.

Needless to say, I won't be marching on the U.S. Capitol with an AR-15. I will, however, be marching against Monsanto this May 25th, carrying a loaded protest sign.

Learn more: h ttp://www.naturalnews.com/040215_Adam_Kokesh_march_on_Washington_open_carry. html#ixzz2SclijP2r

AuH20
05-07-2013, 10:21 AM
yeah, I can only imagine that happening, being picked off like flies one by one and that's not cool. Think of going across the bridge, and being stopped by national police on one end, while the Virginia national guard surrounds them at the rear.

If we do this, we should see it through towards completion. If the cops or feds grab one of us they will be warned appropriately. Rent-a-cops and feds operate under the false assumption that they can act without repurcussions for their actions. With the scales balanced, it's suddenly not so simple. Also, the entire event should be littered with cameras, especially those head mounted types.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-07-2013, 10:27 AM
1,000 people isn't enough if Muammar Obama decides to sic the police/military on them.

JK/SEA
05-07-2013, 10:28 AM
so i suppose slinging a pressure cooker over your back wouldn't be cool then....

cajuncocoa
05-07-2013, 10:35 AM
so i suppose slinging a pressure cooker over your back wouldn't be cool then....Pretty sure the whole country is now a pressure-cooker-free zone.

Czolgosz
05-07-2013, 10:37 AM
The tactics to resolve an unopposed school yard bully are the same. Enough talk.

AuH20
05-07-2013, 10:38 AM
The tactics to resolve an unopposed school yard bully are the same. Enough talk.

That's why I think they'll call on the National Guard. Those DC cops will be in way over their head at an event like this. They're fooked if it escalates. Ganging up on perps and giving out tickets for infractions is more their speed.