PDA

View Full Version : Fox News: Pothead Tried to Shoot Obama

dannno
05-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Pothead Tried to Shoot Obama

WASHINGTON (AP) — An Idaho man charged with attempting to assassinate President Barack Obama by shooting at the White House practiced with his weapon for six months and may have been upset about the country’s marijuana policy, prosecutors said in a newly filed court document.

Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez is currently awaiting trial for the 2011 shooting, which didn’t injure anyone but left more than five bullet marks on the executive mansion. Prosecutors filed a 14-page court document Tuesday that adds additional detail about Ortega-Hernandez, who allegedly shot at the White House the night of Nov. 11 while the president and first lady were away.

Ortega-Hernandez, 22, has pleaded not guilty to the attempted assassination charge and to other charges.

In the document, prosecutors said Ortega-Hernandez “expressed anger towards the government regarding the continued criminalization of marijuana,” which they said he acknowledged smoking and claimed makes people more intelligent.

Prosecutors said they will offer evidence to show that Ortega-Hernandez’s motive in shooting at the White House “was to punish and kill the president, who he believed was the head of a government that was oppressing its citizens in various ways, such as by continuing to criminalize the use of marijuana.”

Prosecutors also reiterated previously disclosed information that Ortega-Hernandez repeatedly expressed contempt for Obama, whom he called the antichrist.

Ortega-Hernandez practiced firing the assault rifle used to shoot at the White House at a “desolate crater” outside his home in Idaho Falls, prosecutors said in the document. They said a witness told them Ortega-Hernandez practiced shooting at items including “a home stereo amplifier, an empty ammunition case, a video cassette recorder, and a stereo speaker.”

Ortega-Hernandez fired the assault weapon from his car, a black Honda Accord, and then fled on foot after he crashed it, prosecutors said. They said he was later photographed riding on a freight train headed northwest from Washington. A former FBI photographer who takes pictures of trains as a hobby took the picture and approached law enforcement with it, the document said.

Ortega-Hernandez, who was arrested in Pennsylvania several days after the shooting, told investigators his car was stolen from him at gunpoint the same day as the shooting.

A status conference in the case is set for June 18.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2013/05/02/pothead-tried-shoot-obama#ixzz2SB02bCu8

JK/SEA
05-02-2013, 04:31 PM
roll another one...just like the other one...

tod evans
05-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Marijuana, Mexican and an assault rifle...:eek:

Boogity-boogity....

dannno
05-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Poll: 44% of Republicans Believe Armed Revolution May Be Necessary
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?413017-Poll-44-of-Republicans-Believe-Armed-Revolution-May-Be-Necessary

I wonder what % of 'potheads' believe an armed revolution may be necessary.

Speaking of necessary, are we really still calling people who smoke herb "potheads" ?

WhistlinDave
05-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Speaking of necessary, are we really still calling people who smoke herb "potheads" ?

LOL Mostly if you're one of the pinheads at Fox News.

I believe the preferred term these days in the high class circles is "cannabis consumer."

angelatc
05-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Poll: 44% of Republicans Believe Armed Revolution May Be Necessary
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?413017-Poll-44-of-Republicans-Believe-Armed-Revolution-May-Be-Necessary

I wonder what % of 'potheads' believe an armed revolution may be necessary.

I prefer stoners, but yes.

dannno
05-02-2013, 06:31 PM
I prefer stoners, but yes.

I'll take stoner over pothead any day.

PatriotOne
05-02-2013, 06:31 PM
They said he was later photographed riding on a freight train headed northwest from Washington. A former FBI photographer who takes pictures of trains as a hobby took the picture and approached law enforcement with it, the document said.

:rolleyes:

WhistlinDave
05-02-2013, 06:34 PM

Me too.

Now I'm wondering if they're going to insert past marijuana convictions, or evidence of being pro-legalization, into the "list" of people who aren't allowed to own a gun.

Yieu
05-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Fox News: Pothead Tried to Shoot Obama

So they ARE violent. :eek:

tangent4ronpaul
05-02-2013, 07:09 PM
I had a really snarky comment prepared in my head, but I don't feel like being Gitmo'd today, so I'm just going to zip it.

I think it had something to do with generally being against gun control, but certain parts of the population should be required to take mandatory marksmanship classes... OH, YEAH - also a total rant against smoking on the job...

I wonder if the guy had any clue that "glass" is sold in multi-inch thick sheets of lexithan... (sp?)

I wonder if he had any clue that AK's just are not that accurate out past, 1-200+ yards...

This might be another one for the Darwin Awards...

-t

tod evans
05-02-2013, 07:19 PM
I wonder if the guy had any clue that "glass" is sold in multi-inch thick sheets of lexithan... (sp?)

-t

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexan

tangent4ronpaul
05-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks Tod,

half asleep and the brain ain't workin at full capacity right now...

-t

jkr
05-02-2013, 07:32 PM
well

he got his facts right...

ClydeCoulter
05-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Yep, "MJ may have been involved"...knew it was coming...

tangent4ronpaul
05-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Yep, "MJ may have been involved"...knew it was coming...

I can't wait for the remake of "REEFER MADNESS!" - the terrorism theater remix...

:rolleyes:

-t

Original_Intent
05-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Imagine what he had done if he hadn't been a pothead, I mean a stoner!

opal
05-02-2013, 10:46 PM
I read the thread title and wondered if it was going to be another false flag operation..

weed warrior
hippie (I like this one.. my hips approve)
partaker of the bud
friend of mary jane
toker