PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson on Boston Bombings, Drones, Abortion, Immigration, Taxes - 5/1/13

sailingaway
05-02-2013, 04:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GastrT27kJY

someone asked me to post this.

GopBlackList
05-02-2013, 06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GastrT27kJY

sailingaway
05-02-2013, 06:14 PM
already posted, albeit not with your typically inflammatory heading.

fr33
05-02-2013, 08:00 PM
He's kind of annoying in this interview. Colmes seems determined to try and drive a wedge between Gary and the Pauls.

My take away is that Gary is bad on states' rights but still good on some things.

SkepticalMetal
05-02-2013, 08:04 PM
He's kind of annoying in this interview. Colmes seems determined to try and drive a wedge between Gary and the Pauls.

My take away is that Gary is bad on states' rights but still good on some things.
I used to be enthusiastic about Johnson, but now I just see him as another politician. I'm certainly no Robert Wenzel fan but after that intense "interview," I can fairly say that he isn't even near libertarian - at least not the Rothbardian kind. He's more like a Chicago School liberal/conservative mix, I can't precisely say. But I think that anyone who thinks FEMA should exist and that the printing of money should be switched over to the Treasury, then that's a Hamiltonian in my book.

fr33
05-02-2013, 08:12 PM
I used to be enthusiastic about Johnson, but now I just see him as another politician. I'm certainly no Robert Wenzel fan but after that intense "interview," I can fairly say that he isn't even near libertarian - at least not the Rothbardian kind. He's more like a Chicago School liberal/conservative mix, I can't precisely say. But I think that anyone who thinks FEMA should exist and that the printing of money should be switched over to the Treasury, then that's a Hamiltonian in my book.
Oh I don't think he's ever read any Rothbard. :D

Christian Liberty
05-02-2013, 08:35 PM
If I had been old enough to vote in '12 I would have voted for Johnson, seeing as he's substantially better than anyone else who was on that ballot. Unlike Obama and Romney, Johnson would have made things better overall, even though his gay marriage/civil rights comparison is stupid (Not to mention that the CRA 1964 should have been voted down anyway) and the "libertarians are pro-choice" argument is just BS. (I thought Johnson liked Ron Paul? What happened in that interview?)

Gary Johnson doesn't hold a candle to Ron Paul when it comes to being a libertarian. That idiots think GJ is more libertarian than Ron Paul because of stupid social issues is dumb. Ron supports replacing the income tax with NOTHING. Zero. Nothing at all.

Gary is probably on the same playing field as Rand, although I like Rand Paul's abortion stance significantly better.