PDA

View Full Version : IRS to Spy on Our Shopping Records, Travel, Social Interactions and Health Records

sailingaway
05-02-2013, 02:29 PM
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/05/big-brother-is-watching-irs-to-spy-on-our-shopping-records-travel-social-interactions-and-health-records/

http://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/mutual-funds/articles/2013/05/01/irs-data-web-snares-mostly-low--and-middle-income-taxpayers

The IRS’s next phase in high-tech tax collection will be to create a “real-time” check of tax returns to “match them to third party information,” said U.S. Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration J. Russell George in testimony before Congress. Starting this year, the IRS tools will be able to track all credit card transactions, for starters. The agency has also instructed agents on using online sources such as social media and e-commerce sites including eBay, as well as the rich data generated by mobile devices. In one controversial disclosure in April, the ACLU showed documents in which the IRS general counsel said the agency could look at emails without warrants, but the IRS has said it will not use this power.

While the agency has declined to give details about what third-party personal data it will use in robo-audits and data mining, it has told government and industry groups that its computers are capable of scanning multiple networks at the same time to collect “matching” comprehensive profiles for every taxpayer in America. Such profiles will likely include shopping records, travel, social interactions and information not available to the public, such as health records and files from other government investigators, according to IRS documents.

The IRS did not respond to written requests for information on its program.

ninepointfive
05-02-2013, 02:34 PM
It would be nice for companies to start advertising whether or not they comply with these records requests.

angelatc
05-02-2013, 02:35 PM
These people were cheering on the government surveillance when we were told it was to catch drug smugglers and terrorists.

ZENemy
05-02-2013, 02:37 PM
A list of what the IRS can NOT do would be shorter list.

sailingaway
05-02-2013, 02:37 PM
These people were cheering on the government surveillance when we were told it was to catch drug smugglers and terrorists.

well it is good to see they are finally picking up on the idea that tools that hurt civil liberties are used on everyone.

Tod
05-02-2013, 02:44 PM
avoid leaving a trail....

Deborah K
05-02-2013, 02:52 PM
This country is gone. Our Founders are probably smacking their heads. The one thing we can count on though, is the cyclical nature of tyranny and independence:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wlwjye.jpg

And Gandhi said this:

"When I despair, I remember that all through history, the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end they always fail. Think of it - Always."

Anti Federalist
05-02-2013, 03:21 PM
but the IRS has said it will not use this power.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03dutXOzM1qbxmbeo1_500.gif

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-02-2013, 03:22 PM
good luck tracking my transactions considering I pay in cash. If I must use a credit card, I either use pre-paid if I can find one without a stupid activation fee, or a gift card for an online retailer.

Anti Federalist
05-02-2013, 03:22 PM
This country is gone. Our Founders are probably smacking their heads. The one thing we can count on though, is the cyclical nature of tyranny and independence:

And Gandhi said this:

"When I despair, I remember that all through history, the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end they always fail. Think of it - Always."

We are certainly in the SW quadrant of that circle.

Hope this technological hell on earth we are building does not finally prove Ghandi wrong.

Anti Federalist
05-02-2013, 03:26 PM
good luck tracking my transactions considering I pay in cash

Won't help.

Soon, you will required to swipe your national ID prior to every purchase.

Anti Federalist
05-02-2013, 03:31 PM
It would be nice for companies to start advertising whether or not they comply with these records requests.

No problem, got you covered:

All of them.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Won't help.

Soon, you will required to swipe your national ID prior to every purchase.

I don't think times are that dark yet. I'll just make sure not to buy any gas cans or pressure cookers.

Anti Federalist
05-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Lord, grant me the strength to live long enough to shove a printed copy, coated in Habenero pepper, up the ass of every person that agrees with the article in this thread.

Amen

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?413037-Boston-Herald-quot-Oh-be-quiet!-Could-someone-make-Ron-and-Rand-Paul-please-just-go-away-quot

Anti Federalist
05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't think times are that dark yet. I'll just make sure not to buy any gas cans or pressure cookers.
Pretty dark...

Such profiles will likely include shopping records, travel, social interactions and information not available to the public, such as health records and files from other government investigators, according to IRS documents.

I'm not sure everybody is understanding just how bad this will be, once the net closes.

HOLLYWOOD
05-02-2013, 03:50 PM
The IRS did not respond to written requests for information on its program.Yep, there's you tyranny... they don't have to answer to the taxpayers.

This brings-up last year's IRS chief clown Douglas Shulman interviewed/show at the National Press Club. How chummy of a Kabuki Theater show between the press and the clown at the podium. They even celebrated and applause Shulman's birthday.

No questions about how money has been confiscated from taxpayers
No questions on what the IRS is using to data mine
No questions on how the IRS is spying on your encrypted emails/communications.
No questions about all the weaponry the IRS has purchased and uses on Americans
No questions on how many liens imposed on US taxpayers
No questions on how much money the IRS has taken from taxpayers without due process in court
No question about how many raids the IRS conducted each year
No questions about how many Americans the IRS takes to court each
No questions about how many Americans the IRS and their kangroo court have thrown in prison
No questions to the cost of IRS litigation and prison/incarceration
No questions on how many families were wrecked by the IRS
No questions about how many lives the IRS destroyed/murdered or inflicted/caused suicides

No questions about Timothy Geithner or Charlie Rangel falsifying/lying on signed tax returns, not declaring incomes, properties, or assets, in addition to non disclosure of public official's restitution(s) records.

The system is designed to enslave the poor and middle classes and to protect the power of government over individuals. It is the number ONE oppressive/controlling/enslavement department of government. It's apparent from the NPC 'dog n pony show' the Fascist Media are their accomplices with their propaganda too.

Jamesiv1
05-02-2013, 04:05 PM

And Gandhi said this:

I like the graphic and the quote, but they don't really jibe.

If it is a 'Circle of Life' (Circle of Liberty?) - then there really isn't a win or lose as Ghandi says. It's more like where does the cycle happen to be when I'm alive and kicking/voting.

Deborah K
05-02-2013, 04:13 PM
I like the graphic and the quote, but they don't really jibe.

If it is a 'Circle of Life' (Circle of Liberty?) - then there really isn't a win or lose as Ghandi says. It's more like where does the cycle happen to be when I'm alive and kicking/voting.

I didn't necessarily intend for them to jibe. I think I was mostly trying to show the inevitable cycle that is life for humanity. Both the diagram and Gandhi's quote allude to it. But yeah, it begs the question: Where is the cycle as it pertains to me and mine?

tod evans
05-02-2013, 04:21 PM
The IRS has been prosecuting people for decades on the "paper" trails they leave.

This just makes their job easier.

But..........

If it gets Boobus off his ass and pissed off then it's about time!

Lucille
05-02-2013, 05:00 PM
IRS Data Web Snares Mostly Low- and Middle-Income Taxpayers
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/irs-data-snares-mostly-low-171239433.html

The Internal Revenue Service relies on technology more than ever to sniff out tax cheats using robo-audits and data mining--but so far it has caught lot of minnows, and big fish are still eluding detection.

Even as millions of people's accounts are screened online and matched against their digital files elsewhere, the IRS's data-detection tools come nowhere close to collecting the $400 billion in tax dodges estimated to take place each year. The area in which its robo-audits have had the most impact is on tax returns for low-income taxpayers who try to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit. In total, fraudulent claims totaled $2 billion, just 0.01 percent of the total of individual taxes. The EITC was the biggest single compliance problem cited.

[Read: How IRS High-Tech Tools Track Your Digital Footprints.]

That amount is expected to rise in the tax year ahead as the IRS extends the use of data mining to include the personal data of millions more taxpayers. Its sophisticated data-matching and pattern-recognition technology, largely developed by IBM over the past decade, will reach up the income ladder to include more middle-income and small-business filers who itemize deductions, although it is unlikely to have any impact on the complicated filings of high-net-worth taxpayers in the top 5 percent of income earnings, say tax experts who have studied the IRS plans...

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM
the IRS makes me not want to work and be a contributing member of society, instead just do the bare minimum to survive.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2013, 11:20 AM
////

TonySutton
05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
cash, bitcoins, barter

oyarde
05-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Lord I hate these fuckers.

oyarde
05-03-2013, 11:32 AM
If the run the checks I write , they will find I pay for Dental , Life, Auto insurances,house payment , property tax , phone bill, license plate(s).That is about all I can think of .........

Origanalist
05-03-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to die in prison.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2013, 12:33 PM
cash, bitcoins, barter

Your absence from The Matrix will be the biggest red flag of all.

There are only two choices left:

Stop this, now.

Comply.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Bump for another thread

kathy88
05-10-2013, 10:27 AM
I've read that three times and each time I get more pissed off.

ZENemy
05-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Your absence from The Matrix will be the biggest red flag of all.

There are only two choices left:

Stop this, now.

Comply.

Correct! Giving Adams march, "stop this now" is gonna be a tough one :(

oyarde
05-10-2013, 11:11 AM
I've read that three times and each time I get more pissed off.

Yes.

PursuePeace
05-10-2013, 11:19 AM
And Gandhi said this:

Great quote.

HOLLYWOOD
05-10-2013, 11:25 AM
I just can't believe; how apathetic, how ignorant, how stupid, Americans have become.

It's like the greatest minds are used by the US government to; Force, Steal, Oppressive, Destroy, Kill, and Conquer.

There's a serious brain/genetic problem with the critical thinking of Americans today to allow such terror.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2013, 11:40 AM
I just can't believe; how apathetic, how ignorant, how stupid, Americans have become.

It's like the greatest minds are used by the US government to; Force, Steal, Oppressive, Destroy, Kill, and Conquer.

There's a serious brain/genetic problem with the critical thinking of Americans today to allow such terror.

But Brawndo has electrolytes.