PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporters Promise To Terrorize The Skies With Scary, Scary Blimp

Naraku
11-25-2007, 02:29 PM
This appears to be a very sarcastic post on the Ron Paul Blimp.

The Ron Paul campaign is gearing up to escalate its battle to destroy the U.S. Constitution in order to save it and to otherwise bugger our imaginations with rampaging insanity by taking the fight to the skies! Pictured, at right, is the Paulites latest atrocity: an artist's concept of what would be the Ron Paul Blimp! The Dread Zeppelin! La dirigible unintelligible! It will float from town to town, and, if the description the Paul supporter behind this idea is accurate, confuse the minds of men!

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/11/25/ron-paul-supporters-promi_n_74007.html

Here's something I found pretty funny:

And if the picture below is any indication, the next terrorist-themed movie they aim to fetishize may be Black Sunday.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/2477/original.jpg

walt
11-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Really. Isn't it time to consider whether we might all be better off if we simply gave in to Ron Paul's demands?

I love how this article ends. :D

This blog post is proof of concept me thinks.

stefans
11-25-2007, 02:33 PM
lol.
see. this is making front page news even in its planning phase.

RonPaulCult
11-25-2007, 02:34 PM
So what if some people make fun of us - we have to do what we have to do to get Ron Paul's name out there. For all of our hard work a MAJORITY of people have STILL never heard of Ron Paul.

Laugh away bloggers but we can't count on the MSM to mention Ron Paul for us...

stefans
11-25-2007, 02:35 PM
so, who's starting ronpaulkangaroo.com?

Drknows
11-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Haha that guy is good!

I <3 this article.

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/images/005_3-opt.jpg

steph3n
11-25-2007, 02:38 PM
so, who's starting ronpaulkangaroo.com?

would be funny get some of our aussie brothers and sisters in on the act :D

Mark Rushmore
11-25-2007, 02:41 PM
I'd enjoy a kangaroo with RON PAUL 2008 dyed on the fur of it's back hopping down the aisles of the National Convention - if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, throw on a sweater that reads "Court" and let him continue on his way.

stefans
11-25-2007, 02:45 PM
here's another blog talking about it:http://www.nolanchart.com/article310.html

http://ronpaulideas.com/images/AirForce1.jpg

steph3n
11-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Let us buy small jets and start a traveling acrobatic team next....or maybe just sponser some airshows. Ok I am being silly :)

Shellshock1918
11-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Can we please all promise to ignore the Huffington post? God knows that woman is intolerable.

Mark Rushmore
11-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Can we please all promise to ignore the Huffington post? God knows that woman is intolerable.

Does this mean no kangaroo? :p

Taco John
11-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Ok... Now I'm convinced that this idea will get some attention... Time to make a donation.

stefans
11-25-2007, 02:55 PM
hey those of you who are commenting over there: don't be so negative. it's a funny article. you don't have to hammer them with facts and issues just because they are a little sarcastic about a great idea they didn't have :)

edit: they deleted the comments I was referring to

richk
11-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Exactly. They're already talking about it. Sure are alot of people reading this forum nowadays.:D

Arklatex
11-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to rent out billboards?

slantedview
11-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Man, I dunno about the blimp, and not because of this piece.

stefans
11-25-2007, 03:04 PM

for the last time, we're not on a fixed budget.
if people get excited about a blimp we can rent one. looks like they are.
unless you are proposing to tell people it's for the blimp but use it for billboards, there is no argument.

BrianH
11-25-2007, 03:07 PM
It's ironic the writer is claiming the idea a waste of money yet he's the first to jump on and give some promotion to this. It just confirms in my mind that this is a wonderful idea.

Drknows
11-25-2007, 03:12 PM
It's ironic the writer is claiming the idea a waste of money yet he's the first to jump on and give some promotion to this. It just confirms in my mind that this is a wonderful idea.

Exactly, one of the reason Nov 5th was so big is because of the naysayers. They did hit piece after hit piece. Ron Paul supporters who had no idea about the fund raiser found the site through them.

Let them laugh now Muwahaha!!! we will be the ones laughing when our blimp is hovering over Times Square on New Year's Eve.

richk
11-25-2007, 03:19 PM

Probably. When someone promotes a SPECIFIC DETAILED project (ie 350K needed for 300 billboards in NH for the month of Dec, for example) that they are organizing I will gladly listen to the proposal and consider donating money to the effort. In the meantime simply naysaying a project is counter-productive.

As a previous poster mentioned, money for these type of projects is not limited. Me donating $100 to a blimp does not exclude me from donating to other projects. But I cannot donate to YOUR pet project if you do not PRESENT it to the forum. Less NEGATIVITY, more BRAINSTORMING. Thank you. :)

Let's remember, we're all here to get Dr. Paul elected. But we all have different ideas for accomplishing it. I'm all ears for any and all ideas; let's hear them!

BeFranklin
11-25-2007, 03:24 PM
http://i14.tinypic.com/6pgxis9.jpg (teaparty07.com)

Drknows
11-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Everyone should digg the story

http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Supporters_Promise_To_Terrorize_The_Skies _With_Scary_Scary_Blimp

Taco John
11-25-2007, 03:40 PM

Just point me to the thread where you have started this effort. I'd be willing to donate to that too...

Corydoras
11-25-2007, 03:53 PM
It WAS a funny article, but that sly poison about destroying the constitution in order to save it, that was just vicious.

nathanmn
11-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Wow that story is hilarious. I think a blimp is a ridiculous and crazy idea. It will make us look like a bunch of goof balls... but I pledged $100. :p

Jaykzo
11-25-2007, 05:32 PM
http://i14.tinypic.com/6pgxis9.jpg (teaparty07.com)

ROFL
ROFL
ROFL

Blimp Madness has taken over. This is honestly the most hilarious thing I've ever heard of. This will attract massive attention, without a doubt. I don't care who you are or who you support, you're going to have to appreciate this. The author of this article, I'm sure, feels the same way.

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe that whoever's idea this was is a complete genius.

speciallyblend
11-25-2007, 05:50 PM
all hail elijah;) i believe it was his idea and im proud to say he is from Colorado and a member of our group as well as others in colorado..

See i told you;) it would catch on,just imagine what the press is going to say ,the money we spend on this will comeback twofold if not more thru advertisements;)

Delain
11-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Ok... Now I'm convinced that this idea will get some attention... Time to make a donation.

Same here.

I was very skeptical about the whole idea, but it has completely turned into enthusiasm.

A Blimp? A Blimp! :cool:

Jaykzo
11-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Hmmm... now who would give this epicly awesome thread a 1-star rating?

Lets take a gander...:rolleyes:

Cali4RonPaul
11-25-2007, 11:53 PM
http://ronpaulideas.com/images/AirForce1.jpg
Haha I love it, I hope to win a ticket and get my wings in Ron Paul's Air Force.

We already have our own Sea Wing !!

http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/3/b/1/0/highres_2655120.jpeg

decisions.. decisions, Navy or Airforce? :D

Primbs
11-26-2007, 12:56 AM
I like these ideas from the article.

"As GPS co-ordinates stream to the website a map shows the Ron Paul blimp's location in real time.

The local Television stations broadcast its every move.

The curious flock together and make a trip to see history in the making.

Emails with pictures are sent, then forwarded, then forwarded again.
Youtube videos go viral and reach tens of millions of views.

Ron Paul becomes the first presidential candidate in history to have his very own blimp. The PR stunt generates millions upon millions of dollars worth in free publicity, and captures the imagination of America."

adpierce
11-26-2007, 01:19 AM
I wonder if the good doctor has heard of this new scheme, and what he would think of it. He seems like he really likes the fact that the grassroots does things like this. It makes it so much easier on the national campaign to focus on conventional means of spreading their message when we can be the innovative ones that way if it bombs (pun intended) then we look silly not the national campaign.

cien750hp
11-26-2007, 01:26 AM
I wonder if the good doctor has heard of this new scheme, and what he would think of it. He seems like he really likes the fact that the grassroots does things like this. It makes it so much easier on the national campaign to focus on conventional means of spreading their message when we can be the innovative ones that way if it bombs (pun intended) then we look silly not the national campaign.

of course he's heard of it. his people watch these forums for sure. and undoubtedly he approves of it. people have the freedom to do what they want, and it's definitely not going to hurt him, he's probably completely amazed at the fact of raising so much money and on top of that so much grassroots efforts. he would have never dreamed of having a blimp!

someguy200
11-26-2007, 02:45 AM
I'm thinking it would be awesome if RP were to arrive at an event such as a rally or one of the early primaries by taking the blimp as transportation. Everybody would be talking about him as "the guy that flew in on a blimp", although it might contribute to the "crazy" label a little more than we want.

Flirple
11-26-2007, 02:49 AM
...When someone promotes a SPECIFIC DETAILED project (ie 350K needed for 300 billboards in NH for the month of Dec, for example) that they are organizing I will gladly listen to the proposal and consider donating money to the effort. In the meantime simply naysaying a project is counter-productive.

As a previous poster mentioned, money for these type of projects is not limited. Me donating $100 to a blimp does not exclude me from donating to other projects. But I cannot donate to YOUR pet project if you do not PRESENT it to the forum. Less NEGATIVITY, more BRAINSTORMING. Thank you. :)

Let's remember, we're all here to get Dr. Paul elected. But we all have different ideas for accomplishing it. I'm all ears for any and all ideas; let's hear them!

This post is perfect.

devil21
11-26-2007, 04:03 AM
Yall owe me 15 minutes of my life and I haven't gotten past post #8.

:D:D:D

(Did Ghandi mention laughing at yourselves instead of others laughing at you? ROFL)

european
11-26-2007, 07:56 AM

touche there :cool:

sharedvoice
11-26-2007, 08:13 AM
ROFL @ this thread!

hillertexas
11-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Let's Name The Blimp "air Force Ron"

lastnymleft
11-26-2007, 12:11 PM
The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe that whoever's idea this was is a complete genius.

This idea is so damn crazy, it's done the full loop and come back around the other side, to genius! I'm an official convert, because of this Huffington Post fuss.

Bring it on! :-)

Platondas
11-26-2007, 12:53 PM
The difference between genius and insanity is success.