PDA

View Full Version : Obama Proclaims Loyalty Day (no joke)

green73
05-02-2013, 04:42 AM
Presidential Proclamation -- Loyalty Day, 2013

LOYALTY DAY, 2013

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

In the centuries since America broke from an empire and claimed independence, our people have come together again and again to meet the challenges of a changing world. We have reinvented our cities with advances in science and reformed our markets with new understanding of the forces that guide them. We have fought for freedom in the theater of war and expanded its reach during times of peace. We have revamped and recovered and remade ourselves anew, mindful that when times change, so must we. But with every step forward, we have reaffirmed our faith in the ideals that inspired our founding. We have held fast to the principles at our country's core: service and citizenship; courage and the common good; liberty, equality, and justice for all.

This is our Nation's heritage, and it is what we remember on Loyalty Day. It is an occasion that asks something of us as a people: to rediscover those ageless truths our Founders held to be self-evident, and to renew them in our own time. We look back to Americans who did the same, from generation to generation -- citizens who strengthened our democracy, organizers who made it broader, service members who gave everything to protect it. These patriots and pioneers remind us that while our path to a more perfect Union is unending, with hope and hard work, we can move forward together.

Today, we rededicate ourselves to that enduring task. We do so knowing our journey is not complete until the promises of our founding documents are made real for every American, regardless of their station in life or the circumstances of their birth. Progress may come slow; the road may be long. But as loyal citizens of these United States, we have the power to set our country's course. Let us mark this day by pressing on in the march toward lasting freedom and true equality, grateful for the precious rights and responsibilities entrusted to each of us by our forebears.

In order to recognize the American spirit of loyalty and the sacrifices that so many have made for our Nation, the Congress, by Public Law 85-529 as amended, has designated May 1 of each year as "Loyalty Day." On this day, let us reaffirm our allegiance to the United States of America, our Constitution, and our founding values.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2013, as Loyalty Day. This Loyalty Day, I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance, whether by displaying the flag of the United States or pledging allegiance to the Republic for which it stands.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirtieth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand thirteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-seventh.

BARACK OBAMA

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/04/30/presidential-proclamation-loyalty-day-2013

tod evans
05-02-2013, 04:51 AM
Ummm,

Hey Prez,

Here's the pledge of allegiance, and there's two highlighted items I'd like you to address before I even consider your most recent proclamation..

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Christian Liberty
05-02-2013, 04:55 AM
Yeah, that pledge isn't really to this country.

tod evans
05-02-2013, 04:59 AM
Yeah, that pledge isn't really to this country.

Ya' notice there's no "Mr." or any other title of respect predicating my address?

05-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Coming up next on the Alex Jones show, may day, a pagan holiday, is now loyalty day. Obama is the antichrist and everyday is a holiday in Obamanation. ;)

kcchiefs6465
05-02-2013, 06:03 AM
Coming up next on the Alex Jones show, may day, a pagan holiday, is now loyalty day. Obama is the antichrist and everyday is a holiday in Obamanation. ;)
The link is whitehouse.gov

What does Alex Jones have to do with anything?

asurfaholic
05-02-2013, 06:04 AM
Hey Obama

Hell no.

Sincerely,
Me

green73
05-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Oops, need a merge

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?413013-Obama-Declares-May-Day-the-Communist-Holiday-as-Loyalty-Day-for-America

TonySutton
05-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Loyalty Day is nothing more than another knee jerk reaction to world events. It was a stupid act and should be repealed, along with 100's of others.

Tinnuhana
05-02-2013, 07:08 AM
"At least we pledge allegiance to a real person and not a piece of cloth."
-an Englishman commenting on "God Save the Queen" and "I Vow to Thee My Country"

shane77m
05-02-2013, 07:10 AM
On this day, let us reaffirm our allegiance to the United States of America, our Constitution, and our founding values.

What a bafoon.

Reason
05-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Loyalty Day has been recognized with an official proclamation every year by every president since its inception as a legal holiday in 1958.[7] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_Day#cite_note-7) [8] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_Day#cite_note-8)

bunklocoempire
05-02-2013, 01:19 PM
In the centuries since America broke from an empire and claimed independence..
Empire bad.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2013, as Loyalty Day.
Empire good.

...meet the challenges of a changing world

Got it. The nature of mankind hasn't changed but the way mankind shows or expresses his nature has changed so in our best interest we'll ignore mankind's nature and get back to embracing empire. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Schizophrenic much?

http://s6.postimg.org/6zp9uufap/kingobama_xlarge.jpg

Flugel89
05-02-2013, 02:12 PM
We look back to Americans who did the same, from generation to generation -- citizens who strengthened our democracy---

---whether by displaying the flag of the United States or pledging allegiance to the Republic for which it stands,

Make up your damn mind!

mczerone
05-02-2013, 02:19 PM
In the centuries since America broke from an empire and claimed independence, our people have come together again and again to meet the challenges of a changing world.

(1) "America" did not claim independence. The people of the colonies did. There were still Frenchmen that obeyed their crown in the landmass known as America. There were still Tories.

(2) "our people." Many disparate individuals self organized to solve problems. You (the US govt) do not get claim over these people, they are not YOURS.

We have reinvented our cities with advances in science and reformed our markets with new understanding of the forces that guide them. We have fought for freedom in the theater of war and expanded its reach during times of peace. We have revamped and recovered and remade ourselves anew, mindful that when times change, so must we. But with every step forward, we have reaffirmed our faith in the ideals that inspired our founding. We have held fast to the principles at our country's core: service and citizenship; courage and the common good; liberty, equality, and justice for all.

(1) We who?

(2) "reformed our markets" - The markets are not yours, US govt. They either belong to the people engaging in free trade, or they are not "markets"

(3) "fought for freedom" - HA!

(4) "fought for freedom in the theater of war and expanded its reach during times of peace" - the pronoun "it" here, used as a subject, should grammatically refer to the last subject noun head used. That would be the "we" at the beginning of the sentence, but this makes no sense. The next "most grammatical" usage would be to the last noun used - "theater of war". And boy have they expanded ITS reach during times of peace.

I could go on, with 3 or 4 points to make on each sentence. In the first paragraph.

oyarde
04-28-2017, 09:56 PM
////

Suzanimal
04-28-2017, 10:20 PM
I searched it before I posted. Dang, RPF's search.

oyarde
04-28-2017, 10:29 PM
I searched it before I posted. Dang, RPF's search.

This one was Obummers Loyalty day 2013 . I am going to convert them to Oyarde Loyalty .

Danke
04-28-2017, 11:04 PM
This one was Obummers Loyalty day 2013 . I am going to convert them to Oyarde Loyalty .
Better stock up on peyote if you expect anyone to attend besides HB.

enhanced_deficit
04-29-2017, 07:34 AM
To be fair, DGP probably meant "loyalty to the king" day.

http://www.isthatbaloney.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/obama-bows-saudi-king.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RwdLdQxhZGk/SwaivynKplI/AAAAAAAAFf4/mc0xTQPATW4/s1600/obamaburgerking.jpg

oyarde
04-29-2017, 09:40 AM

It is time you give loyalty to the Great Sagamore of The Wabash .

Suzanimal
04-29-2017, 10:00 AM

I'll show up for Hobo Wine and the White House bonfire. Sounds fun. I'll even bring my stethoscope bong in case oyarde can't find his peace pipe.