PDA

View Full Version : National Poll?

burnice
05-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Does anyone here know (or know how to find out) whether there has been a national poll re: presidential candidates since the televised debates have started? I know that Paul wasn't garnering much more than 1 or 2% before the debates - but what about now?

Many thanks in advance for any help figuring this out. :)

tnvoter
05-18-2007, 11:43 AM
a lot of their polls have to do with calling people (old people) on land-lines.

while those polls really are unscientific, we do need to work to reach EVERYONE by getting out those flyers, bumper stickers, posters etc

burnice
05-18-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't get what you say about the phone polls being unscientific. Unfortunately I found a site that links to a few different national polls - the numbers don't look good for Ron so far. I'm hoping to see a turnaround in this after the recent attention he's been getting. I hope.

winston_blade
05-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I don't get what you say about the phone polls being unscientific. Unfortunately I found a site that links to a few different national polls - the numbers don't look good for Ron so far. I'm hoping to see a turnaround in this after the recent attention he's been getting. I hope.

They only poll people with landlines, and lots of people don't have landlines anymore, including myself. Plus, they only poll about 400 people or so. That is hardly a good number to represent what the entire country thinks.