PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove-linked company gets GOP data deal (And Rove put the word 'Liberty' in name)

sailingaway
05-01-2013, 12:49 PM
The Republican National Committee has chosen a Karl Rove-linked voter data project called Liberty Works to help it compete with Democrats in the digital arena.

Liberty Works will team up with Data Trust, whose chairman of the board is former RNC Chairman Mike Duncan, committee spokeswoman Kirsten Kukowski
“Basically, RNC is going to provide the data, and then Liberty Works will build the platform, and Data Trust will manage it all,” Kukowski said. “This is kind of in the beginning stages. There are legal issues that we’re going to iron out.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/karl-rove-company-gop-data-deal-90834.html#ixzz2S3c33Vnt

I'm wondering if I quit the party right now, if it will keep him from getting my info, or if I'm already sunk just because I HAVE been GOP all this time?

compromise
05-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Campaign for Liberty + FreedomWorks = Liberty Works

Another deliberate confusion tactic. No surprise that Rove's behind it.

supermario21
05-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Rove might actually be an ally in the future. Most of the Teocons are dumb as nails, and many of our candidates are pretty polished. That's what Rove wants.

compromise
05-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Rove might actually be an ally in the future. Most of the Teocons are dumb as nails, and many of our candidates are pretty polished. That's what Rove wants.

Mourdock was a strong ally of Rand on foreign aid and fiscal issues, and Akin opposed CISPA and therefore also received Rand's endorsement. O'Donnell and Angle weren't really bad either. The "Teocon" rising star, Cotton, is definitely well polished. Also, Rove's definition of polished may not be the same as yours.

supermario21
05-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Mourdock was a strong ally of Rand on foreign aid and fiscal issues, and Akin opposed CISPA and therefore also received Rand's endorsement. O'Donnell and Angle weren't really bad either. The "Teocon" rising star, Cotton, is definitely well polished. Also, Rove's definition of polished may not be the same as yours.

Mourdock was good, I was always behind him. The National GOP (not Rove) screwed him over there. Brunner was better than Akin and more allied with us, McCaskill admitted to fearing him the most as well...O'Donnell had a sketchy financial/education background in terms of lying about her past and Angle I have no qualms because Sue Lowden was a hack. All I'm going off of is when Rove said we need more Rand Pauls and less Akins/O'Donnells. And yes, Cotton is the neocon poster child and there's no stopping him until Rand can stonewall him in the Senate on FP issues.

compromise
05-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Mourdock was good, I was always behind him. The National GOP (not Rove) screwed him over there. Brunner was better than Akin and more allied with us, McCaskill admitted to fearing him the most as well...O'Donnell had a sketchy financial/education background in terms of lying about her past and Angle I have no qualms because Sue Lowden was a hack. All I'm going off of is when Rove said we need more Rand Pauls and less Akins/O'Donnells. And yes, Cotton is the neocon poster child and there's no stopping him until Rand can stonewall him in the Senate on FP issues.

Brunner was better than Akin, but I have no doubt that Akin would have stood with Rand if elected to the US Senate. His principled stance on CISPA could have led to him becoming more libertarian on other civil liberties issues.

sailingaway
05-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Rove might actually be an ally in the future.

Not mine.