PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota Case Worker: Food Stamps Were Given Out Freely To Illegal Aliens

AuH20
05-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Fostering dependency and increasing the departmental balance sheet in the process is viewed as good politics. ;) Any asshole can give out something that doesn't belong to them. That's what really sticks in my craw about these government vermin.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2013/04/case-worker-illegal-aliens-got-food-stamps-by-the-vanload/

The retired assistant case manager, Craig McNees, was in charge of vetting food-stamp applicants in north Florida and Indiana in the ’80s and says the program was infested with fraud and corruption that was perpetually ignored by management. “Illegals would come in by the vanload and we were told to give them their stuff,” McNees said. “Management knew very well they were illegal. It was so rampant that some employees would tell their illegal relatives to come get food stamps.”

McNees contacted Judicial Watch after reading documents obtained by JW from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) detailing how the agency is working with the Mexican government to promote participation by illegal aliens in the U.S. food stamp program. The effort includes a Spanish-language flyer provided to the Mexican Embassy by the USDA ensuring that Mexicans in the U.S. don’t need to declare their immigration status to get financial assistance from Uncle Sam.

The retired case worker who contacted JW says in the three years he worked in a Sarasota food-stamp office, he found more than 500 cases of fraud but management ignored them all instead pushing a yearly quota. “They just said that if we don’t give out as many as last year, we don’t get our money,” McNees said. “It was crazy, like a three-ring circus; like the inmates were running the asylum.”Decades later it seems little has changed as Obama promotes the program like there’s no tomorrow. In fact, last summer a federal audit revealed that many who don’t qualify for food stamps receive them under a special “broad-based” eligibility program that disregards income and asset requirements. That means American taxpayers are getting stuck with a multi-million-dollar tab to feed hundreds of thousands who can well afford to feed themselves.

AuH20
05-01-2013, 11:50 AM
I love this comment. This tale isn't necessarily an indictment against those of hispanic origin, since they are simply taking advantage of the system set in place, but it reveals how backward and corrupt America has become over the last 3 decades especially.

I was recently in line at the supermarket, behind a family of Hispanics, mom, pop, and 4 kids. They had 2 carts, with items eligible for all the assistance in one, the other stuff in the other. They paid for the first carpet with (i think) 3 kinds of assistance documents.

When pop unloaded the second cart, filled with 2 cases of beer, 4 bottles of wine ($18-20 per bottle, more than I spend per bottle), steaks, shrimp, etc., he pulled out a roll of $100 bills about 3/4″ thick and peeled off two.

AS they left, the clerk saw my expression and said they see it every day, several times.

In the parking lot, they were loading all the loot into a brand new Cadillac Escalade, with the dealer’s sticker still on the window.

…….and it happens every day………..

jbauer
05-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Could tell you a couple cases of outright fraud going on here. It would be hard to confirm because I can't subpoena records. I called the food stamp office and they couldn't have cared less.

tod evans
05-01-2013, 11:59 AM
How can a government so out of control be defunded?

They just print more money and continue on as if nothing's wrong..

AuH20
05-01-2013, 12:03 PM

What's even worse to contemplate is the real segment of society that actually counts on food stamps for their daily subsistence. This outright fraud and careless expansion of the program will severely hurt those who depend on it in the long run. You would think the department heads would be focused on preservation of the program as opposed to this greedy approach that will help bring upon a complete government shutdown at some future point.

jbauer
05-01-2013, 12:05 PM

Never going to happen. If you want to change the system you need to burn the bastard down. They're still bitching about the sequester which cuts $85B over 10 years. The Fed is doing $85B/MONTH of asset purchasing.

AuH20
05-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Never going to happen. If you want to change the system you need to burn the bastard down. They're still bitching about the sequester which cuts $85B over 10 years. The Fed is doing $85B/MONTH of asset purchasing.

True. The fickle marketplace is the only entity that can eventually take down these scumbags. Needless to say, when their global financing is finally pulled from underneath their feet and/or the Fed's monetization becomes too destructive, they will come with cup in hand asking for that tiresome "shared sacrifice" plea. Unfortunately for them, there isn't much left to share.

Brian4Liberty
05-01-2013, 12:21 PM

That's what is so frustrating with the meme that "government is a business" or "we can run it like a business", and candidates who say "I have business experience". Government is not, and will never be a business. It is more like a charity, with a printing press, an unlimited credit card and guns to force donations. They have zero incentive to be fiscally responsible. They can't go out of business.

aGameOfThrones
05-01-2013, 01:05 PM
This thread is racist!

Anyway,

PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY!

You don't have to feel uncomfortable everytime you use your food stamps card. Customize your food stamps card today and* "Pay with Ease while Protecting Your Privacy" !

With more than 70 different designs to choose from, food stamps skins are colorful...fun...attractive skins that can be placed on your benefits card. And applying the skin is easy! Simply clean the card surface, peel the backing from the skin and apply it to your card! And you're done!

http://www.foodstampscovers.com/index.php

AuH20
05-01-2013, 01:38 PM
This thread is racist!

Anyway,

PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY!

You don't have to feel uncomfortable everytime you use your food stamps card. Customize your food stamps card today and* "Pay with Ease while Protecting Your Privacy" !

With more than 70 different designs to choose from, food stamps skins are colorful...fun...attractive skins that can be placed on your benefits card. And applying the skin is easy! Simply clean the card surface, peel the backing from the skin and apply it to your card! And you're done!

Theft should be an enjoyable, stress-free experience. ROFL

Dr.3D
05-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Double post/.

Dr.3D
05-01-2013, 02:09 PM
This thread is racist!

Anyway,

PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY!

Wow, seems like they could have at least made one as a Vesa or perhaps a Viza card for a cover. Who would notice if it wasn't really a Visa card?

jbauer
05-01-2013, 02:29 PM
This thread is racist!

NO FUCKING WAY. You have got to be kidding me, feeding them isn't enough? Now they have to feel good about it to? Can someone remind me why I pay taxes?

RM918
05-01-2013, 02:37 PM
NO FUCKING WAY. You have got to be kidding me, feeding them isn't enough? Now they have to feel good about it to? Can someone remind me why I pay taxes?

So the Afghani President can earn 300,000 dollars a month, obviously!

AuH20
05-01-2013, 02:54 PM

Shut up slave! Your opinion is irrevelant. ;) Back to the quarry with you!! ;)

ravedown
05-01-2013, 03:18 PM
the food stamp/immigration argument for me, is one of the hardest to explain to people. when i tell someone that the immigration problem is easy, just cut off the social programs and open the boarders...people look at me like im insane. then you see articles like the one in the OP and realize how corrupt and criminal the current system is. the middle class are suckers...it's that simple. btw...i work in media and im editing a story about how my city rehabs and basically gives away 3 and 4 bedroom homes-totally remodeled and updated beautifully- to families of 2 or more for free. the catch-you must have children and make less than $35k a year. sorry you suckers that work hard but can't afford a home and don't breed.

HOLLYWOOD
05-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Hah! All the poor/middle classes people are individually held accountable for everything... yet these almighty multi-trillion dollar spending, 10s of millions of government employees, 100s of agencies/bureaucracies are; negligent, irresponsible, full of fraud, and lies.

Just like your typical Tyrannical-Authoritarian Plutocracy aristocrats living in their typical everyday jobs, stealing from the people, while writing checks with zero accountability.

tod evans
05-01-2013, 03:47 PM
It'd be nice to see grocery stores voluntarily announce the use of taxpayer funds to purchase groceries....

Big flashing red lights and horns:D

Or at least "special" lines for EBT users...

Somebody is going to jump in and claim that forced embarrassment by retailers is either discriminatory or racist....

To that I say good! Quit sucking on the federal tit and you'll have no reason to be embarrassed..

RM918
05-01-2013, 04:06 PM
It'd be nice to see grocery stores voluntarily announce the use of taxpayer funds to purchase groceries....

Big flashing red lights and horns:D

Or at least "special" lines for EBT users...

Somebody is going to jump in and claim that forced embarrassment by retailers is either discriminatory or racist....

To that I say good! Quit sucking on the federal tit and you'll have no reason to be embarrassed..

The fault is not the people that are taking advantage - they're just being intelligent - it's on the people that are doing the looting in the first place.

tod evans
05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
The fault is not the people that are taking advantage - they're just being intelligent - it's on the people that are doing the looting in the first place.

There's enough "fault" to go around....

As far as I'm concerned the government employees are a bigger drain on society than food stamp users...

It wasn't all that long ago having a government job was looked down on now folks are trying to make government aid acceptable...

Who's footing the bill?

[edit]

What has happened to pride?

Not that long ago some things were shameful!

Lindsey
05-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Is there anything coercing retailers to accept food stamps other than market forces?

I noticed that "Snap" sign on the little mom and pop 2-aisle grocery store the other day, and I see people use Access cards at convenience stores too.