PDA

View Full Version : All Cops Aren't Bad - cops4ronpaul.com???

walt
11-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Before this morning I hadn't been pulled over by a cop in over a decade.

This morning I go through a bit of a stale yellow (people actually go through red lights blatantly in my neighborhood often) - a cop car was going the other way and entered the intersection AFTER I did. Thinking nothing of it I proceed several more blocks and see a different police wagon behind me with lights on. I pull over to let it pass. Much to my surprise it pulls me over (I think the other cop radioed this guy).

The cop walks up and I ask "What's up?"

He says, "Remember that red light back there?"

I stated, "I'd remember going through a red light, I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere so I don't think I did."

Cop, "License and insurance card please"

I hand him the materials requested.

Like 10 minutes later (the mc hammer version of "don't tase me bro" plays in my head the whole time) he returns.

Cop hands me my license and insurance card back and says, "Be careful with your liberty. Have a good day."

I wished him a good day (after picking up my jaw from the floor from the shock of not getting a ticket).

I remember thinking that liberty was an awfuly odd choice of words, but then I remembered that Ron Paul bumper sticker that I put on about a month ago and then it all made sense and I smiled a big grin. :D:cool::D:cool::D

He's catching on, I'm telling ya! ;)

Mckarnin
11-25-2007, 02:01 PM

This morning I go through a bit of a stale yellow (people actually go through red lights blatantly in my neighborhood often) - a cop car was going the other way and entered the intersection AFTER I did. Thinking nothing of it I proceed several more blocks and see a different police wagon behind me with lights on. I pull over to let it pass. Much to my surprise it pulls me over (I think the other cop radioed this guy).

I stated, "I'd remember going through a red light, I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere so I don't think I did."

Like 10 minutes later (the mc hammer version of "don't tase me bro" plays in my head the whole time) he returns.

Cop hands me my license and insurance card back and says, "Be careful with your liberty. Have a good day."

I wished him a good day (after picking up my jaw from the floor from the shock of not getting a ticket).

I remember thinking that liberty was an awfuly odd choice of words, but then I remembered that Ron Paul bumper sticker that I put on about a month ago and then it all made sense and I smiled a big grin. :D:cool::D:cool::D

That's VERY cool!

cien750hp
11-25-2007, 02:04 PM
its true, not all cops are bad. a couple friends of mine dads are cops and they're cool, but maybe we just live in a really uncorrupt place? noone in the whole department has ever even used their taser, except for one time when someone was coming after them with a knife (that is perfectly legitimate to use one then, when the choices are taser or shoot)
just because some cops are bad don't assume they all are.

Smiley Gladhands
11-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Wow, I sure hope RP is catching on with cops. That would help our cause in a number of ways.

Everyone, continue being polite to officers. Remember, it's "Please don't tase me, bro..."

:)

inibo
11-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Someone once told me there is nothing in the world as bad as a bad cop, and nothing better than a good one.

I understand why we need them, and I really want to like them, but they just make it so flippin' hard sometimes.

sparebulb
11-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Of course there are good cops! The greatest danger I see in our society is the police and the military being skillfully separated from the People through "us-them" indoctrination and despotic legislation such as the Patriot Act, etc.

Anti Federalist
11-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Someone once told me there is nothing in the world as bad as a bad cop, and nothing better than a good one.

I understand why we need them, and I really want to like them, but they just make it so flippin' hard sometimes.

QFT x 1000000

goRPaul
11-25-2007, 02:17 PM
There is no "cops4ronpaul.com" but I did find this article: http://www.newswithviews.com/NWV-News/news17.htm

A lil excerpt:

Rep. Ron Paul appears to be popular with many US cops. "He's never found it necessary to force police officers to stand with him for photo opportunities the way other presidential candidates such as Hillary Clinton do," said New York Police Officer Edna Aguayo.

One police officer claims cops in New York and other states are forced to pose with the likes of Senators Hillary Clinton and John McCain. If an officer refuses, he or she is charged with insubordination by their superiors.

"It's a joke how these cops are used as props during election campaigns. But Ron Paul doesn't pay cops lip service -- he actually works to help them enforce the law," said another cop forced to pose with Sen. Clinton during one of her staged "rallies."

SlapItHigh
11-25-2007, 02:19 PM
That is great - sweet comment! We got pulled over this morning driving home from out of town. We were speeding with a group of cars all going the same speed. The cop drove up, got in between us and the care behind us that was going the same speed and pulled us over. It seemed so intentional that he "picked us out of the crowd" (as dh put it). I couldn't help but wonder if it was the Ron Paul bumper sticker. Anywho - he gave us a warning and told us to have a nice day...then I couldn't help but wonder if the RP bumper sticker stopped him from giving us a real ticket :). Maybe it was just the area...where I'm from there are no warnings.

sparebulb
11-25-2007, 02:19 PM
There is no "cops4ronpaul.com" but I did find this article: http://www.newswithviews.com/NWV-News/news17.htm

A lil excerpt:

Excellent quote!

steph3n
11-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I can tell you the guys I met in FL seemed to be honored to protect him :)

walt
11-25-2007, 02:21 PM
That is great - sweet comment! We got pulled over this morning driving home from out of town. We were speeding with a group of cars all going the same speed. The cop drove up, got in between us and the care behind us that was going the same speed and pulled us over. It seemed so intentional that he "picked us out of the crowd" (as dh put it). I couldn't help but wonder if it was the Ron Paul bumper sticker. Anywho - he gave us a warning and told us to have a nice day...then I couldn't help but wonder if the RP bumper sticker stopped him from giving us a real ticket :). Maybe it was just the area...where I'm from there are no warnings.

ditto. Same here. I've never heard of anyone getting a warning from a Chicago cop.

DjLoTi
11-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Most of my interactions with cops is very, very positive. Unfortunately, the rare cop that is really bad gives cops in general a bad name. After all, it's that one cop who is a total jerk that stands out in my mind, but if I think about it, I can think of about 5X as many cops who were really great people.

Mark Rushmore
11-25-2007, 02:22 PM

Case in point. Friday night sign-wave on the edge of a state highway next to a huge regional shopping mall - one officer driving by does a quick "Vote For Ron Paul" over his car's loudspeaker and speeds off ;).

Saturday afternoon at the exact same spot, officer #2 threatens to arrest us if we don't disperse immediately, when simply asked if the spot we were standing in is part of the state highway's right-of-way, rather than answer there's an immediate "ARE YOU TRYING TO GIVE ME TROUBLE BOY!? blah blah blah".

Guess it goes to highlight the important fact - they are only people in uniforms.

literatim
11-25-2007, 02:24 PM
He drew a lot of attention from law enforcement with the bill he introduced that would allow income tax returns for law enforcement officers that buy their own body armor.

Corydoras
11-25-2007, 03:33 PM
a couple friends of mine dads are cops and they're cool, but maybe we just live in a really uncorrupt place?

While it is true that cops are individuals, I am certain that each force has its own culture and jurisdictions vary wildly. There is a town near me that I literally will not pass through because I do not want even the slightest chance of running into the cops there. There is another town nearby where I wouldn't hesitate to walk up to a cop and ask for his help, and have.

troyd1
11-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Most of my interactions with cops is very, very positive. Unfortunately, the rare cop that is really bad gives cops in general a bad name. After all, it's that one cop who is a total jerk that stands out in my mind, but if I think about it, I can think of about 5X as many cops who were really great people.

I would agree. I have never had a bad interaction with a cop and most are cordial if you treat them politely. This does not mean that I did not get tickets though.

foofighter20x
11-25-2007, 04:54 PM
In the words of N.W.A.:

F*** tha Police.

I love that album, Straight Outta Compton. :D

mjp1025
11-25-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm one ex-policeman for Dr. Paul and his message of Liberty!

torchbearer
11-25-2007, 07:29 PM

It's not the cops that are the problem, its the laws the are force to enforce. Non-victim crimes by their very nature turns police officers into the enemy of the people.

Jon S
11-25-2007, 07:31 PM
well its like the saying "theres a difference between cops and pigs"

cops do their jobs and enforce the laws. pigs abuse their power because they can get away with it.

there are far more cops than pigs.

lucius
11-25-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm one ex-policeman for Dr. Paul and his message of Liberty!

Welcome!

torchbearer
11-25-2007, 07:34 PM
It's not the cops that are the problem, its the laws the are force to enforce. Non-victim crimes by their very nature turns police officers into the enemy of the people.

//

Hook
11-25-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm sure most cops would rather not have to enforce silly drug laws. It just makes their job that much harder.

pcosmar
11-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I am very outspoken about and against bad cops. I also know of many good Cops. I have a brother that is retired and a nephew that is active. They share my views for the most part, though are not as outspoken.
I have always made a distinction between Peace Officers, and Law Enforcement Officers.
I have respect for the former but not the later.

jcoenen
11-25-2007, 08:05 PM
A cop followed a guy in my meetup group for a couple miles on his way home. Guy pulled into his driveway with cop still trailing. Cop pulls into his driveway and says sir can you come here. Guy is thinking ok what now. Cop says "You got anymore of those Ron Paul bumper stickers, I'm trying to convince all the other cops about Ron Paul - he's definitely our last hope"

StrikerV
11-25-2007, 08:14 PM
POLICE OVERREACTION AT ITS HIGHEST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqbmasNeOmM

pcosmar
11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
A very Good Cop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GORQEDSbteg

torchbearer
11-25-2007, 08:34 PM
POLICE OVERREACTION AT ITS HIGHEST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqbmasNeOmM

People are starting to become restless because of the laws our congress passes. Our police men turn from being our protectors to the protectors of those in governmental office.

walt
11-25-2007, 09:48 PM
People are starting to become restless because of the laws our congress passes. Our police men turn from being our protectors to the protectors of those in governmental office.

yep :(