PDA

View Full Version : ...so the gunmen headed into a meeting room full of teachers and opened fire.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Two masked men wearing hoodies and wielding handguns burst into the Pine Eagle Charter School in this tiny rural community on Friday. Students were at home for an in-service day, so the gunmen headed into a meeting room full of teachers and opened fire.

Someone figured out in a few seconds that the bullets were not drawing blood because they were blanks and the exercise was a drill, designed to test Pine Eagle's preparation for an assault by "active shooters" who were, in reality, members of the school staff.

More at link. Man, these people are fucked up.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/04/gunfire_and_moments_of_fear_as.html

LibertyRevolution
05-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Seriously... wtf is wrong with people.
I would immediately seek treatment for PTSD, then sue the living crap out of them.

Nate SY
05-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Although this is fucked up beyond all reason. At least they talk about arming teachers toward the end, which is a loooooot better than most other solutions I've heard. The surprise shoot up is horrible though.

ronpaulfollower999
05-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Imagine if someone actually was carrying when this drill happened.

pcosmar
05-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Time to start asking what these same people are doing to young impressionable minds.

JK/SEA
05-01-2013, 09:27 AM
can't wait to show my teacher wife this story. She just went through a 'drill', but nothing like this one.

I'm beyond speechless.....Lord, give me strength.

kathy88
05-01-2013, 09:28 AM
That's inconceivably fucked up.

JK/SEA
05-01-2013, 09:29 AM

my thoughts exactly. I've had this discussion with my wife. I bought her a .380 S&W Bodyguard. So far she isn't taking it, but damn....

jbauer
05-01-2013, 09:31 AM
can't wait to show my teacher wife this story. She just went through a 'drill', but nothing like this one.

I'm beyond speechless.....Lord, give me strength.

I remember you had a whole thread on that. What ended up happening?

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-01-2013, 09:32 AM
one day one of these unannounced drills are going to end up in the death of somebody

jbauer
05-01-2013, 09:32 AM

It would have ended the whole "teachers should carry" argument since they would have killed another teacher.

erowe1
05-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Imagine if somebody shot one of those guys.

JK/SEA
05-01-2013, 09:38 AM
I remember you had a whole thread on that. What ended up happening?

Went well. The gym teacher saw the 'perp' first, got on the PA for the red alert. All teachers locked their doors and students stayed quiet. The kids were told beforehand what was going to happen.

AGRP
05-01-2013, 09:41 AM
The Darwin award should have been awarded to two masked men? Are they trying to prove teachers should be armed?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-01-2013, 09:42 AM

Exactly what I thought.

Anyone who pulls out a gun and starts shooting blanks at people is literally playing with their life. Doesn't matter where they are. Those were two really dumb individuals.

Spikender
05-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Seriously?

Someone could've died for this. Doesn't matter if it was a drill with blanks or not, if a teacher had been carrying, they would've been dead, and I would've agreed with the teacher that shot them.

asurfaholic
05-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Exactly what I thought.

Anyone who pulls out a gun and starts shooting blanks at people is literally playing with their life. Doesn't matter where they are. Those were two really dumb individuals.

More than 2. Someone had to plan it, supply blanks, get approval, give approval...

jmdrake
05-01-2013, 09:54 AM

That's just what I was thinking.

Pericles
05-01-2013, 11:47 AM
That's just what I was thinking.

I own a lot of guns. If you see me, there is at least one within reach.

sailingaway
05-01-2013, 11:51 AM

This. What absolute idiots.

tod evans
05-01-2013, 12:03 PM
And the masses were properly scared and convinced that a combination of more laws and more police will keep them safe..:mad:

pacelli
05-01-2013, 08:33 PM

If they were following the law, they wouldn't be carrying on school property......although they should have anyway!

QueenB4Liberty
05-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Holy crap. :( Scary stuff.

ghengis86
05-01-2013, 08:44 PM
I own a lot of guns. If you see me, there is at least one within reach.

Ha!

You, me and the wife! And there's about 5 people that know this; the rest couldn't be more oblivious and would probably have a cognitive dissonance induced aneurysm if they knew they were so close to all those big, bad, black guns for all these years!

What a moronic 'drill'. Unless, of course, there is an unspoken motive...

jclay2
05-01-2013, 09:00 PM
one day one of these unannounced drills are going to end up in the death of somebody

My thought exactly. What happens if a group of teachers over power one of them and beat them into a blank submission?

VanBummel
05-01-2013, 09:25 PM

This. If someone fires at me I'm firing at them, and I don't carry blanks... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The Goat
05-01-2013, 09:31 PM
I kinda wonder if they signed something saying they would be ok with this type of drill. No way in hell everyone was fine with it unless they agreed far in advance of a unannounced drill.

tangent4ronpaul
05-02-2013, 02:07 AM

It would have ended the whole "teachers should carry" argument since they would have killed another teacher.

Imagine if somebody shot one of those guys.

The Darwin award should have been awarded to two masked men? Are they trying to prove teachers should be armed?

Exactly what I thought.

Seriously?

Someone could've died for this. Doesn't matter if it was a drill with blanks or not, if a teacher had been carrying, they would've been dead, and I would've agreed with the teacher that shot them.

If they were following the law, they wouldn't be carrying on school property......although they should have anyway!

I did submit this to the Darwin Awards. They have a category for people that lived through their stupidity...

Emergency drills have become all the rage in recent years, increasingly they are unannounced. WA state even has a law stating that every school must have a live shooter drill every year. What if you had a drill where some mock gunmen entered an area and started shooting (blanks)? Where would you think would be a good place to have such a drill?

A police precinct?
A military base on alert?
A NRA convention?
How about a school?

If you haven't been living under a rock, you might have noticed that a lot of teachers are carrying concealed weapons these days, even if they are forbidden from doing so. In rural Oregon the Pine Eagle Charter School had just such a drill. On a day when the students were off, 2 hoodie wearing staff members burst into a teacher conference meeting and opened fire, catching everyone in the room off guard. They hadn't been told about the drill.

The two "shooters" lucked out this day, as none of the 15 teachers were carrying a firearm. Now the teachers want guns! One would hope the school district doesn't choose to repeat this particular exercise, but I'm expecting the day when one of these "drills" produces an actual body count.

Keep an eye on the slush pile and when (if) it gets there, please vote it up so it gets added to the permanent archive.

http://darwinawards.com/slush/new/

btw: the elevator squatter and the substation tagger are particularly good!

-t

WhistlinDave
05-02-2013, 04:31 AM
I wonder how many of them literally peed or pooped themselves. It would be enough to make me start wearing Depends and carry a weapon to work. Really a fucked up way to go about a "drill." Seriously.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-02-2013, 06:05 AM

From seeing gun forums on the net, I'd say there are plenty of people who carry in places where either their company prohibits it, or law does. (not me, of course)

Then there's also the type of individual who would hear gunshots inside a school, and start going toward them.

Someone needs to teach those idiots basic firearm safety. They talked about arming teachers, but the willing participants in this nonsense should seek firearms training, and probably counseling.

nobody's_hero
05-02-2013, 07:37 AM

Someone would have been shot, and then the tabloids would read, "new laws needed to prohibit the carrying of firearms to completely spontaneous drills".

XNavyNuke
05-02-2013, 09:30 AM
The sheriff that approved this operation lacks sufficient common sense to hold office. I hope that he has serious competition next election cycle.

XNN