PDA

View Full Version : WHOA! - Hell just froze over!!!!

tangent4ronpaul
04-30-2013, 03:31 AM
Well, sorta...

US Expects First Cut in Debt Since 2007
(It's not really a cut...)
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100686709

The US Treasury expects to pay down debt in the second quarter of 2013 as the budget deficit that has dominated national politics starts to shrink.

The forecast of a quarter of net debt repayment for the first time since 2007 shows how tax increases, a cyclical recovery in tax revenues and a squeeze on spending are ratcheting down the budget deficit.

Ahead of an announcement on Wednesday on the details of its quarterly borrowing schedule, the Treasury said it expects to repay a net $35bn in the second quarter, compared with a February estimate that it would have to borrow $103bn.

"The decrease in borrowing relates primarily to higher receipts, lower outlays, and changes in cash balance assumptions," said the Treasury.

The second quarter is always the best for government cash flow because tax returns are due in April. The Treasury expects to issue $223bn of debt again in the third quarter.

But the return to one quarter a year of debt repayment highlights how aggressively the US has cut the deficit this year, despite concerns about growth and political wrangling over tax and spending decisions. :rolleyes:

Nominal spending is basically unchanged since the final quarter of 2010, one of the longest periods of restraint in postwar US history. Meanwhile, tax revenues have picked up with the economic recovery, and the expiration of a payroll tax break at the start of the year is adding about $10bn a month to revenues.

"The paydown this quarter - the first since 2007 - is emblematic of the turn in budget finances from horrible, to grim on their way to steadily better," said Eric Green, chief economist at TD Securities in New York.

The International Monetary Fund forecasts that the US will borrow 6.5 per cent of gross domestic product in 2013, down from 8.5 per cent in 2012 and 10 per cent in 2011. But analysts at Goldman Sachs estimate that in the first quarter of 2013 the deficit was running at a cyclically adjusted level of just 4.5 per cent.

Bond investors have been expecting better US fiscal data. Expectations of a falling net supply of Treasuries helped the yield on 10-year Treasury notes to approach their lows for the year on Monday, briefly dropping below 1.65 per cent.
(cont)

-t

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-30-2013, 06:15 AM
Pay debt to WHO? No one ever says who, just 'We are in debt." How is most of the world in debt? Do we owe money to Martians?

tangent4ronpaul
04-30-2013, 06:50 AM
China and Japan are the largest 2 holders of our debt.

Though, as they buy up US treasury bonds, they might just destroy some... I guess in reality, the US Treasury might be the biggest holder of our debt.

-t

FindLiberty
04-30-2013, 08:05 AM
nonsense ... honorificabilitudinitatibus

tangent4ronpaul
04-30-2013, 08:11 AM
nonsense ... honorificabilitudinitatibus

almost guessed it based on a single semester of Latin and Greek :D

Honorificabilitudinitatibus is the dative and ablative plural of the mediaeval Latin word honorificabilitudinitas, which can be translated as "the state of being able to achieve honours". It is mentioned by the character Costard in Act V, Scene I of William Shakespeare's Love's Labour's Lost.[1] As it appears only once in Shakespeare's works, it is a hapax legomenon in the Shakespeare canon. It is also the longest word in the English language featuring alternating consonants and vowels.[2]

-t

VBRonPaulFan
04-30-2013, 08:11 AM

Though, as they buy up US treasury bonds, they might just destroy some... I guess in reality, the US Treasury might be the biggest holder of our debt.

-t

they're the largest holders of our foreign issued debt, but intra-governmental holdings far and away surpass foreign owned debt.

jbauer
04-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Pay debt to WHO? No one ever says who, just 'We are in debt." How is most of the world in debt? Do we owe money to Martians?

Its my understanding that around $4t is held by China and roughly another $4T by other international countries. The rest is funny money created out of thin air.

Intoxiklown
04-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Can someone explain how this isn't "really a cut"? I guess I'm poorly educated on the subject, or am missing some wording.

S.Shorland
04-30-2013, 10:16 AM
They know the CRASH is near (not a joke comment).

jbauer
04-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Can someone explain how this isn't "really a cut"? I guess I'm poorly educated on the subject, or am missing some wording.

Well, if your parents are giving you $20000 a month to pay for your over the top lifestyle and this month you're only going need $19000 then its a $1000 cut right?

surf
04-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Can someone explain how this isn't "really a cut"? I guess I'm poorly educated on the subject, or am missing some wording.because it doesn't acknowledge (or fund) the growth in "future" liabilities

Intoxiklown
04-30-2013, 11:03 AM
because it doesn't acknowledge (or fund) the growth in "future" liabilities

Ahhhh. Gotcha! Thank you sir. +rep!

bbjaylive
04-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Its my understanding that around $4t is held by China and roughly another $4T by other international countries. The rest is funny money created out of thin air.

Nope. It's about half of that.

dillo
04-30-2013, 12:15 PM

-t

The American people own like 80% of the debt

Zippyjuan
04-30-2013, 12:59 PM

-t
The largest two foreign holders. Actually the government through mostly Social Security and other retirement plans hold something like 40% of all US Treasuries (US debt). China and Japan each have something like eleven percent of our debt. Haven't checked in a while but the Federal Reserve has about 12%.

Whomever owns US Treasury notes is who the debt is owed to.

jbauer
04-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Whomever owns US Treasury notes is who the debt is owed to.

Which is everyone with any type of investment that isn't tangible. 401ks, IRAs, Insurance etc. All of them have exposure to treasury market either directly or indirectly

Carson
04-30-2013, 03:41 PM

To the counterfeiters primarily.

I see it sort of like this.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/followthemoney/SuperDollar502x600.jpg

In the example above I had the counterfeiters print up 8 more Super Dollars. In reality it is over 26 times. Take a look at the center picture below and embiggen it.

In reality we used to own everything. We had our farms, our homes, our businesses, our everything. Some of the stuff we shared ownership like the nations minerals like oil, the forest and all of the infrastructure.

It has systematically been stripped away just like I described in the Super Dollar. Like I said before,

They have been beating us with our own stick.

P.S. A lot of it is owed by us to others through the bonds our government prints up to trade for the counterfeit money the central banks print up. I'm sure they hold others promissory notes or stocks and bonds as well. I've heard many times someone in dire straights getting a loan from a central bank and all of a sudden people are reporting the loan paid back. I would say they are taking something in trade. If they ever paid income taxes on any of their dealings we might have some sort of paper trail.

Imagine if me or you created something out of thin air we sold for a dollar as many times as they have and never getting an audit.

KrokHead
04-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Oh nice, It's like jumping off a building after someone says "you'll end up dead" and breaking a bunch of bones instead. All hail the gods in power!

Zippyjuan
05-01-2013, 10:31 AM

China has $1.2 trillion and Japan $1.1 trillion as of February 2013. http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/mfh.txt Total foreign holdings of all countries (including China and Japan) comes to $5.6 trillion.