PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Derby Bans All Interchangeable Lens Cameras for ‘Security Purposes’

Natural Citizen
04-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Kentucky Derby Bans All Interchangeable Lens Cameras for ‘Security Purposes’

http://petapixel.com/2013/04/23/kentucky-derby-bans-all-interchangeable-lens-cameras-for-security-purposes/#T2Wp5cOi37fbbgj2.99

This has nothing to do with security, dear people. This is a corporate battle regarding commercial photography.

Of course, do recall the other... The Coming War Against Personal Photography and Video (http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/001022.html)

QuickZ06
04-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Awww are the little peons scaring the big time photographers, how sad :rolleyes:

Natural Citizen
04-30-2013, 03:39 AM
Awww are the little peons scaring the big time photographers, how sad :rolleyes:

Not anymore. Apparently natural citizens are a public safety concern for the photography business so the inc. fellers just went ahead and pissed all over their constitution because well....corporations are people too and damn it their gift of constitution/representation is far more relevant than the average joe's. This is a rather big deal, I think. It's clearly fascism wide out in the open. We now have business merging with state to delegate national security premised upon their profits wide out in the open. We need to do something about that 14th amendment. I don't particularly care for the repatriation we see now regarding the old of, by and for spew. I can't believe people are so stupid to just go ahead and say "uh...mkay".

It's especially dangerous as we are starting to see government officials call for more power to monitor and infringe upon natural citizens via commercial cameras at every corner and those incorporated into UAV's as well as the timing of the meme demonstrated by main streeam cable news outlets.

Again. This is yet another example of how we can ask our representatives in Kentucky what their position is on technology. A prime one, in fact. Their answer would be a clear indicator of their direction regarding leadership and representation. To conform to the model that interchangeable lenses on cameras are a matter of national security simply because some business won't sell as many photos is a tactical assault on personal liberty at the hand of the corporate/state collective as well as suppression of technology/sciences. Why is it that we don't want citizens with high powered lenses all of a sudden at these popular sporting events if it's not the infringement upon some corporate profit? Hm. Let me think. Now why wouldn't we want people taking good quality photos all of a sudden?

SeanTX
04-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Our local college football stadium has the same policy (no "high zoom" lens cameras allowed). Just another control freak thing in the new lock-downed Amerika ...

Matt Collins
04-30-2013, 07:46 AM
Google for "the photographer's bill of rights"

TruckinMike
04-30-2013, 08:50 AM
http://www.infowars.com/images/mps-derby.jpg

Tyrant I: Move along folks... nothing to see here. NO that is NOT military police policing a citizen at the kentucky derby in May 2009 .

Tyrant II:"peasants -- you do not see that image, it didn't really happen...move along.... We must fix those unruly photographers that expose our tyranny. NO more high power lenses!
Tyrant I: Yes, either that or start putting them in gulags.
Tyrant II: hey, now thats the ticket...maybe next year.

Natural Citizen
04-30-2013, 09:07 AM
Google for "the photographer's bill of rights"

Citizens, Matt. That's what they are. They already have a citizen's Bill of Rights and should demand answers from the representatives down in Kentucky regarding what their position is on technology. You know? Of, by and for and all of that? They're supposed to say "hold on...I'm not a citizen now, I'm a photographer because the inc brought along his camera too so I have a different Bill of Rights compatible with corporate repatriation? Phhht. OK. That's fascism 101.

People would do well to stop allowing corporate politicos to acknowledge them as, tweeters,googlers, average voters, consumers, average Americans.....now photographers whenever it fits the corporate narrative.

Citizens, Matt. That's what they are. As such they are fully within their right to demand representation. Ask questions of their elected officials. Demand an answer. This isn't about who has the right to snap pictures. Sure, some dolts want to make it that way with the old "photographers Bill of Rights gag but it's a matter of citizenship in whole. Representatives should be held accountable for representation as well as lack thereof. Until they are expected to answer relevant questions they'll continue to represent the lobby. Which is why we have this lil "rule" down at the derby. Who do you think bought that rule? Photographers Bill of Rights. What the heck are you all schmokin down there?

Security risk, my butt. And that's another problem in itself. A big one.