PDA

View Full Version : Sending civil comments for bad articles

nsheedy
11-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Ron Paul supporters:

One major criticism I have been reading in main stream media and on the net is that some Ron Paul supports are a bit too zealous in their attacks of jounralists who write bad articles or make stupid, unflattering or false comments about Ron Paul.

I would caution Paul supporters to be very civil in their messages sent to the autorths of such articles or comments. Everyone in this country is entitled to his or her own opinion. the trouble is, there are actually very few "just the facts, maa'm" news stories being written today. The vast majority of political sotries are op-ed pieces that express opinions and editorial comment. Keep that in mind when sending the author a note.

In sending or posting comments: keep it brief; point out factual errors; comment if you recognize a bias or unbiased; and if it is an op-ed piece, point out the fact, and mention that you'd like to see more factual news reporting rather than editorialized opinion pieces.

That's my advice.

Kind Regards,
--Nick Sheedy,
John Day, Oregon

raiha
11-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Hear Hear!

I have noticed myself too much rah rah rah (which is perfectly understandable and alot of it is probably youthful folly.) However some of the criticism towards RP is that he's a zealot (nothing wrong with zealots as long as they're not foaming at the mouth) and a wack-o (for wanting to return to the Constitution...just fancy!)

Measured, civil, factual, intelligent writing is critical to his campaign. Use this forum to let off steam if you must but if you cannot write without being accusatory and over-emotional, don't write at all. It will play into the hands of the opposition. One good idea is to get someone to proof what you write first. It is very easy on the internet to write in a kneejerk, unreflective state especially when emotions are running high (like reading the latest smear.)

Calm down first. Put yourself in the shoes of the potential reader...an adult you ae trying to influence, get someone to proof it. And don't let these imperatives cramp your muse.

Best wishes