PDA

View Full Version : Are your family and colleagues as irrationally fearful of terrorists as Boston residents?

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
I usually shy away from politic discussion with those closest to me. I know a lot here would smack me across the face for avoiding it, but spoke about what happened in Boston today. Astounded each and everyone of them think it's perfectly acceptable to put the city on lockdown and to evacuate civilians at gunpoint from their homes. :S

dannno
04-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Most of my friends who are younger, regardless of political affiliation, believe that the Boston bombings were an inside job. They talk about how they get in big arguments with their parents over it.

shane77m
04-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Are your family and colleagues as irrationally fearful of terrorists as Boston residents?

Yes

VoluntaryAmerican
04-29-2013, 01:33 PM
I usually shy away from politic discussion with those closest to me.

So you only let strangers know a huge part of yourself? :(

I could never do that.

cajuncocoa
04-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Are your family and colleagues as irrationally fearful of terrorists as Boston residents?I wouldn't say "fearful" but they do, unfortunately, accept the company line.

jbauer
04-29-2013, 01:43 PM
I usually shy away from politic discussion with those closest to me. I know a lot here would smack me across the face for avoiding it, but spoke about what happened in Boston today. Astounded each and everyone of them think it's perfectly acceptable to put the city on lockdown and to evacuate civilians at gunpoint from their homes. :S
I don't shy away from talking to the people close to me. I made the point it was nuts to put a city of 1m on unofficial martial law over a guy with a pressure cooker. I also said this is exactly WHY you need guns. Everyone said they would have let the authorities into their house. I was also big on this guy deserving his constitutional rights. Most everyone was against that until I said, then I guess its ok for the Democrats to take your guns.

ninepointfive
04-29-2013, 02:15 PM
So we can probably deduce that we're all fucked, and to stop wasting time on roping 50% of the voters into our tent for a political solution. This is the most frustrating thing going right now.

There seems to be a trend, that there are anywhere between 2-10% of the population who will ever agree with the non-aggression principle. sad fact of life.

Christian Liberty
04-29-2013, 02:50 PM
I was just talking to my dad about the Boston bomber. He's still got a little bit of that whole "Because of their religion" thought inside of him, but he's not convinced I'm wrong...

IBleedNavyAndOrange
04-29-2013, 03:16 PM
My mom mentioned how no terrorists should get trials and should all just be shot.
I mentioned that the Nazis got trials.
I asked if someone is a terrorist, wouldn't we have proof?
And if we have proof, wouldn't a conviction be simple?
And if we don't have proof, don't we just have an accusation?
Then I told her you're a terrorist.

Like most everyone when confronted with self evident truths that go against what teevee says, she got quiet and changed the subject.

paulbot24
04-29-2013, 03:45 PM
My mom mentioned how no terrorists should get trials and should all just be shot.
I mentioned that the Nazis got trials.
I asked if someone is a terrorist, wouldn't we have proof?
And if we have proof, wouldn't a conviction be simple?
And if we don't have proof, don't we just have an accusation?
Then I told her you're a terrorist.

Like most everyone when confronted with self evident truths that go against what teevee says, she got quiet and changed the subject.

If I had a liberty eagle for every time the above has happened to me, I could afford to buy the dailypaul website and keep it alive myself. The change the subject thing makes me crazy. "Oh look, milk is on sale. Time to stock up."