PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in Des Moines

ARealConservative
06-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I was hoping to add this to the sticky, but those damn fascists closed it. :D

Here is what I know:

The room is about 20,000 sq feet. Capacity for 1,500+ people.

Ron Paul will be there. We will have profession sound system, food and drinks. Music (canned). And best of all, we share a thin wall between us and Ed Failor....
It's in the same facility - just the room right next door.

When we draw a larger croud then all those "credible candidates", the news will have to take notice. This is our straw poll bump we are needing. Everyone - get your butts to Des Moines amd make news.

rawr

yongrel
06-23-2007, 12:27 PM
ya know, I don't think that this is a 15...

but it's still pretty damn cool.

tnvoter
06-23-2007, 12:36 PM
thats awesome!

jj111
06-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Here's info about the capacity of the hall at the Hy-Vee Center

http://www.iowaeventscenter.com/default.asp?lnopt=6&sn1opt=3&sn2opt=2&sn3opt=1&month=1&year=2005&newsID=0

By the numbers...

Square Feet
Dimensions
Ceiling Height
Banquet
Rounds
Banquet
Theater
Banquet
Classroom
10' x 10' Booths

Hall B
267' x 175'
35'

Hall C
267' x 185'
35'

Combined B & C
267' x 360'
35'

Noodles
06-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Nothing here.

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Noodles, you are relatively new to the forums.

We do not tolerate personal attacks here. Please try to keep things positive. Thanks.

sunny
06-23-2007, 12:41 PM

Here is what I know:

Ron Paul will be there. We will have profession sound system, food and drinks. Music (canned). And best of all, we share a thin wall between us and Ed Failor....

When we draw a larger croud then all those "credible candidates", the news will have to take notice. This is our straw poll bump we are needing. Everyone - get your butts to Des Moines amd make news.

rawr

I say hallelujah!

jj111
06-23-2007, 12:43 PM

Here is what I know:

rawr

According to the Hy-Vee website, Hall C has 49,395 sq. ft. with a lot more capacity than 1500 people. Are they using only a portion of Hall C, or the entire Hall C? Where did you get your figures of 20,000 sq. ft. and 1500+ people?

http://www.iowaeventscenter.com/default.asp?lnopt=6&sn1opt=3&sn2opt=2&sn3opt=1&month=1&year=2005&newsID=0

Noodles
06-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Noodles, you are relatively new to the forums.

We do not tolerate personal attacks here. Please try to keep things positive. Thanks.

Positive things. Good idea.

kalami
06-23-2007, 12:49 PM
get over yourself

Bradley in DC
06-23-2007, 12:50 PM
But you do tolerate being led by the nose? Excuse me, but I thought you might want help from, oh, maybe a 40 year old clinical pharmacist, but I can understand if you'd rather have 14 year old YouTube babies handling this. Tell you what, I'll keep my opinions to myself, and you have a nice day.

Noodles, we want everyone's help. I think Josh was concerned about your language/apparent personal attack on John (whom we have been dumping on a bit here this afternoon) when you were setting up your joke. In the context, I, for one, didn't think it was really a personal attack. You just have to understand that you hit a sensitive nerve after a few hours waiting for an iminent announcement.

dspectre
06-23-2007, 12:52 PM
But you do tolerate being led by the nose? Excuse me, but I thought you might want help from, oh, maybe a 40 year old clinical pharmacist, but I can understand if you'd rather have 14 year old YouTube babies handling this. Tell you what, I'll keep my opinions to myself, and you have a nice day.

Noodles,

I can understand your frustration. I don't think that this is a rating of 15, and I'm wondering if there is other news besides this.

However, you are not acting like a 40 year old clinical pharmacist...I'll just leave it at that...

Zydeco
06-23-2007, 01:04 PM
John from Des Moines shouldn't be allowed to handle campaign communications anymore, and I hope he reads this. I've been excited about his "15" since late last night, had told several friends about the upcoming "bigger than a Tancredo endorsement" announcement coming up. And it's an f-ing rally in Iowa? WTF?

John from Des Moines only did this for his own ego, he was soooo happy he knew a campaign secret that he had to tell everyone. That's the last campaign secret he'll be privy to.

And don't give me this "we've all got to stand together in solidarity" crap. That kind of shutting down of valid criticism is how the country got screwed up in the first place.

I'll be cool with JfDM in a couple of days, but right now I'm PISSED at him.

And John: :mad: :mad: How the hell was this supposed to be "bigger than a Tancredo endorsement"?

Zydeco
06-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Why were Noodles' comments deleted? Are we Animal Farming already? Noodles' comments weren't "personal attacks," they were "richly deserved criticism that needed to be heard publicly." And the words that have replaced Noodles' comments are so Orwellian it's sickening.

Deleted either of my comments and I'm quitting this board.

purepaloma
06-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Relax people. Good news is good news.

Baby steps.

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Why were Noodles' comments deleted? Are we Animal Farming already? Noodles' comments weren't "personal attacks," they were "richly deserved criticism that needed to be heard publicly." And the words that have replaced Noodles' comments are so Orwellian it's sickening.

:rolleyes:

He edited them.

You see this text underneath his post:
Last edited by Noodles : Today at 01:59 PM.

Zydeco
06-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Relax people. Good news is good news.

...unless hundreds of people's expectations are falsely and pointlessly built up bu one person for their own ego and self-satisfaction.

At that moment, "good news" becomes "disappointment and anger."

Don't shoot the messenger.

yongrel
06-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Calm down people. Ron Paul is going to be in Des Moines. That's pretty cool. Regardless of what we were anticipating, it's still going to be an amazing event.

So everyone please remember: we're not out for each other's blood.

Zydeco
06-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I was hoping it was really Noodles that had self-edited. But still, message boards get heated sometimes.

I'm self-censoring for a cool-down period. I will resume saving the Republic tomorrow. :mad: :( :rolleyes: :)

foofighter20x
06-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Will RP supportors be handing out flyers to the ITR and ICA members as they leave their forum? Will the RP supporters in those organizations promote this during the event so that those other member attend?

More importantly: Will the RP supporters in the ITR and ICA ask questions of the other candidates concerning the fact that Dr Paul wasn't invited to get them on the rcord about censorship??! :D

lucky
06-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Look. This is pretty big but only if we have a very good crowd. I am very happy on this and gonna try to get there myself. If not I want to be able to contribute to help out in any way that is possible.

this could be really big.

Noodles

LOL, thank you so much for the Orwell comparison. That's what I was aiming for. I was very disgusted by this turn of events, and I am a VERY busy person, so I felt like somebody had sucker-punched me. Nonetheless, I still support Dr. Paul, and will continue to do so. I think this "BIG" news is a "BIG JOKE", but I'll keep doing my thing, and hope that everyone else does, too. Thanks for the backup, Zydeco. You are a true Libertarian. LOL

Ron Paul Fan Club
Well, it may not be a 15, but I think it's at least a 10, and it has potential. :D

Picture this. The Forum is in one room in HyVee Hall The Rally is in the other. Both are in the same size rooms. The ITR expect 1600. We expect 2000-5000.

Either the Rally is going to have much larger attendance than the forum, or half of those in the Forum will be Ron Paul supporters. :D How is that for credibility?! ;)

Ron Paul Fan Club
06-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Or maybe many of those going to the Forum will also come to the Rally. Remember, it wasn't their decision to exclude Ron Paul.

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 01:25 PM
One thing we can't do.... for those of us who signed up to attend the forum, we simply must not do anything that will bring disgrace on Ron. Let them have their forum. Ron will blow them away with his message of hope for America and we will assist by showing our numbers and mature, courteous behavior.

foofighter20x
06-23-2007, 01:29 PM
One thing we can't do.... for those of us who signed up to attend the forum, we simply must not do anything that will bring disgrace on Ron. Let them have their forum. Ron will blow them away with his message of hope for America and we will assist by showing our numbers and mature, courteous behavior.

Still doesn't mean we shouldn't heard them into our event, nor ask the other candidates what they think about the censorship. Get them on the record and then, if the comments are negative, fight them with their own words. It's win-win. They either support us or look like asshats.

remaxjon
06-23-2007, 01:29 PM
"bigger than a Tancredo endorsement" announcement coming up.

did I miss something?

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 01:31 PM
I agree. We just have to act VERY professional about it. We don't want anything to backfire on us. That's all I'm talking about.

Just remember, THEY are the ones who look like horse's asses right now. We don't want to change that perception and have it turned around to us.

beermotor
06-23-2007, 01:34 PM
LOL, thank you so much for the Orwell comparison. That's what I was aiming for. I was very disgusted by this turn of events, and I am a VERY busy person, so I felt like somebody had sucker-punched me. Nonetheless, I still support Dr. Paul, and will continue to do so. I think this "BIG" news is a "BIG JOKE", but I'll keep doing my thing, and hope that everyone else does, too. Thanks for the backup, Zydeco. You are a true Libertarian. LOL

I think it's a big joke, but the joke is on the ITR/ICA turkeys.

I LOLed when I saw the news. Paul Campaign Ownz Idiots, Film at 11.

foofighter20x
06-23-2007, 01:35 PM
I agree. We just have to act VERY professional about it. We don't want anything to backfire on us. That's all I'm talking about.

Just remember, THEY are the ones who look like horse's asses right now. We don't want to change that perception and have it turned around to us.

It reminds me of Ducard in Batman Begins:

You've haven't beaten me. You've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke.

Bossobass
06-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Most RP supporters obviously miss the significance of physical support in large numbers.

This is the sort of thing money can't buy. It makes for the best sort of video, photo and media attraction that there is.

We have said all along that the scientific polls are wrong and we struggle to find ways to expose the media blackouts and exclusions of our candidate. I believe that huge numbers of supporters who travel from around the country to mass together in a show of support and conviction is the single most important part of this campaign in proving those various points with no need for endless debate.

A picture is worth a thousand blogs.

RP's speech will be a blockbuster (my opinion only, based on the NPR comments and others during the progression of his campaign), covering all of the issues that matter, which is so much better than the controlled agendas of these debates and forums.

I tend to think that those who bicker over petty personal differences will not attend this event, and ask that they don't attempt to throw a wet blanket over the news for those of us who view this announcement and the planned event as a possible breakthrough and huge momentum builder.

Instead of the little minds who attempted to freeze out Ron Paul succeeding in erasing him from the minds and hearts of many who never heard of RP, we will turn it around 180 degrees and increase awareness of his campaign to untold numbers of potential voters. Ron isn't writing this treatment off, thus allowing it to happen. He's meeting it head on.

That's HUGE, IMO. Sorry if that's lost on anyone else here.

Bosso

Zydeco
06-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Sorry if that's lost on anyone else here.

Save it, pal.

specsaregood
06-23-2007, 01:41 PM
--snip--
He's meeting it head on.

That's HUGE, IMO. Sorry if that's lost on anyone else here.

Agreed. RP is showing again that he is willing to fight back. Wish I could be there; but simply not possible. Anybody that CAN go should go. I would bet this will be a blast!

Zydeco
06-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Agreed.

You save it, too, Specs. I wasted the last 15 hours anticipating this.

Look folks, I said my piece and agreed to shut up but don't dig at me or I'll hit back. I had a right to be pissed at JfDM and I expressed it. If you've got something else to say, message me so we can all focus on getting RP elected.

GreenApples
06-23-2007, 01:53 PM

Sorry if that's lost on anyone else here.

Save it, pal.

Agreed.

Look folks, I said my piece and agreed to shut up but don't dig at me or I'll hit back. I had a right to be pissed at JfDM and I expressed it. If you've got something else to say, message me so we can all focus on getting RP elected.

If you don't like this place then go somewhere else. May I recommend www.RonPaulForum.com

Don't tell people to 'Save it' when their post is not even directed at you.

We have a great community here and you have joined just recently. Don't stink up the place with your bad attitude.

Noodles
06-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Take your own advice.

GreenApples
06-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Take your own advice.

Save it, pal.

foofighter20x
06-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Agreed.

If you don't like this place then go somewhere else. May I recommend www.RonPaulForum.com

Don't tell people to 'Save it' when their post is not even directed at you.

We have a great community here and your bad attitude stinks.

Really, both of you, please stop. Please.

Apples, it is his right to be upset. Let his negativity speak for itself however. Also, if you don't like his message, there is a handy little ignore feature somewhere in this postboard software. Use it. (Go to his profile and click ignore over his contact info.)

To be honest, I didn't think the news was earth-shattering, either. But it is a smart, clever, shrewd move by the campaign and I am behind it 110%!

Let's not focus on being let down by unfounded hype or unmet expectations and focus instead on getting people to the event.

The MSM will be watching this. If we stumble here, we stand to lose a lot of ground.

Ron Paul Fan Club
06-23-2007, 01:59 PM
I agree with Bossobasso. This could be huge.

Ron Paul is the one that is going to stand out...in a positive way. They may wish they had just invited him. Then he would have been limited to answering whatever questions they chose for him.

Bossobass
06-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Agreed. RP is showing again that he is willing to fight back. Wish I could be there; but simply not possible. Anybody that CAN go should go. I would bet this will be a blast!

It will indeed be a blast. An historic blast at that. :eek: :D :cool:

Bosso

Zydeco
06-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Green Apples,

You're coming late to the party. I'm guess you didn't read through 400+ posts last night, spread the word to others, then wait more this morning and afternoon.

My bad attitude is the natural human reaction to having my expectations built up and then being disappointed for one person's ego and amusement. I'm not the only one; over 9,000 views on that thread.

But I'm one of the few who spoke up about it. How many others just thought "If that's the big news, what kind of campaign is this?"

And Bosso knows exactly who he was talking to, even if you're showing up too late to get it.

Noodles
06-23-2007, 02:02 PM
How about we just stop with the utopian bullshit, PAL.

Let's start running off the people who don't agree 100% with the IOWANS' definition of fun. Well, it may be all shits and giggles to you, PAL, but I take it a little differently. It's ok to tell Zydeco that he's stinking the place up, but not ok to voice dissent over the way this whole CORNY Iowa event is unfolding? Do you mean to be a fascist? Is this not the by-God RON PAUL forum?

Good day PAL,
Noodles

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 02:02 PM
It will indeed be a blast. An historic blast at that. :eek: :D :cool:

Bosso

AGREED! This is going to be a total blast! :D

GreenApples
06-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh, ok sorry. Just don't tell people to 'save it' that's really rude.

<3

Zydeco
06-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Let his negativity speak for itself however.

Expressing righteous anger while delivering useful criticism!= negativity

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Is this kindergarten? I thought I was on the Ron Paul message board.

Geez, c'mon people. Stop fighting.

GreenApples
06-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Is this kindergarten? I thought I was on the Ron Paul message board?

Save it, pal.

:p I kid, I kid!

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 02:06 PM
:p I kid, I kid!

:D :D :D

foofighter20x
06-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Let his negativity speak for itself however.

Expressing righteous anger while delivering useful criticism!= negativity

You are traipsing into self-righteousness there, dude... There is a difference. So you were let down, but that isn't anyone's fault but your own for buying into the hype.

Keep your eyes on the prize, man, but don't think this is going to be an easy battle we face. We will have to earn every inch of ground we gain. Fighting amongst ourselves isn't going to move us forward. Keep your sober wits about you and you won't be let down.

Zydeco
06-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh, ok sorry. Just don't tell people to 'save it' that's really rude.

<3

It's also rude to claim that the "15-ness" of this "bigger than a Tancredo endorsement" announcement is "lost on" people, and it's 100 times more rude to do what JfDM did.

So let them have it, will you? Or you could just not post that my "bad attitude stinks" when you haven't first taken the time to understand the situation.

Zydeco
06-23-2007, 02:09 PM
There is a difference. So you were let down, but that isn't anyone's fault but your own for buying into the hype.

This thread is making me doubt. Seriously.

foofighter20x
06-23-2007, 02:11 PM
It's also rude to claim that the "15-ness" of this "bigger than a Tancredo endorsement" announcement is "lost on" people, and it's 100 times more rude to do what JfDM did.

So let them have it, will you? Or you could just not post that my "bad attitude stinks" when you haven't first taken the time to understand the situation.

I agree. JfDM over hyped it. We get it.

Let it go.

A wise Master Sergeant once bestowed upon me this little pearl of wisdom:

Be like a duck. Let it roll off your back like water.

specsaregood
06-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Agreed.

I wasn't even addressing you "pal". I was excited as well; I was a bit disappointed at first, but I prefer to be optimistic.

I will say I hope "John from Des Moines" got a stern talking to by the campaign and I would expect them to hesitate to give him inside information in the future. I do appreciate his enthusiasm; we need people like that. I hope he has learned his lesson, this would be much more exciting as a complete surprise.

I think this event is exactly RP's style and has huge potential.

ARealConservative
06-23-2007, 02:14 PM
There is a difference. So you were let down, but that isn't anyone's fault but your own for buying into the hype.

This thread is making me doubt. Seriously.

How can ones own convictions be so fragile as to allow a message board to effect it? Serously.

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 02:14 PM
And......

We'll just lock it up with that one. Cool down fellas!

Please refer to the guidelines if you haven't read them yet: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

5. Keep the conversations positive. ;)