PDA

View Full Version : Police Stop Men Walking with BB Guns; Confiscate Property

EBounding
04-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Some 18 year-olds were walking around the neighborhood with BB guns. The kids "voluntarily" surrender their property and receive a warning from the police. Is a BB gun really a "weapon" like the story describes?

http://bloomfield-mi.patch.com/articles/police-stop-men-walking-with-bb-guns-in-wabeek

A Bloomfield Township resident got a bit of a scare when they saw two men carrying guns on Wabeek Lake Drive last week, police reports said.

Officers with the Bloomfield Township Police Department responded to a call from a resident who reported two individuals walking down the street holding guns. On arrival the men quickly put the weapons, described as one rifle and one pistol, down and stated they were just BB guns, reports said. The two adults, ages 18 and 19, told officers that the guns looked real enough to be a concern and understood why someone would call the police, according to reports.

They voluntarily surrendered the BB guns to officers for proper disposal and were released with a verbal warning.

ninepointfive
04-29-2013, 11:45 AM
proper disposal? More like gifting them to the policeman's children.

TonySutton
04-29-2013, 11:48 AM
I know in Michigan airsoft guns must have an orange muzzle.

CaptUSA
04-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Unreal. What exactly was the "warning"??? "Don't carry your personal property out in the open, because we like taking your personal property"??? You have been warned.

Yieu
04-29-2013, 11:58 AM
"proper disposal"? Were they even compensated for the stolen property or was this plain theft?

asurfaholic
04-29-2013, 01:03 PM
"proper disposal"? Were they even compensated for the stolen property or was this plain theft?

It's not theft if they voluntarily give the toys away.

This story is full of fail

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-29-2013, 01:08 PM
not enough context. Is carrying weapons openly like that legal in their state? A lot of airsoft guns and such look very real, and if you're 20 feet away you can't really tell the difference, especially if you have an irrational fear of guns and never actually seen the real thing in person.

RM918
04-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Some random busybody hyperventilated, called the cops, then instead of dismissing it as a misunderstanding decided to exert their authority in the typical overreacting manner.

ItsTime
04-29-2013, 03:02 PM

This story is full of fail

Theft by deception.
http://definitions.uslegal.com/t/theft-by-deception/

Anti Federalist
04-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Some random busybody hyperventilated, called the cops, then instead of dismissing it as a misunderstanding decided to exert their authority in the typical overreacting manner.

It means that the social controllers, neo-Puritans and nosy moral busy bodies, with nothing better to do with their time than hound and harrass and ostracize people that are living their lives or enjoying things that they disapprove of, will now set their sights on the use, ownership and sales of firearms as their new "moral crusade".

If successful, they will be within sight of total prohibition within thirty years, just like the anti-smoking fascists are now.

///

tod evans
04-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Good God, I'm glad to live in the sticks!

Fucking idiots!

Henry Rogue
04-29-2013, 06:53 PM

This story is full of fail Fear of beating doesn't exactly equate to voluntary.

kcchiefs6465
04-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Fear of beating doesn't exactly equate to voluntary.
I can imagine how the situation went down.

Give up the 'guns' toys or get booked. Implied threats with bullyish rhetoric.

We used to have 'wars' with them when I was a kid. A friend of mine had an electric automatic M-4 airsoft. Shot something ridiculous per minute. Had to be in the thousands. (two or three) Fun times. You'd make a killing if you opened up a park like paintball does. Fake trees and bushes, that sort of thing. If I had the capital for it, I'd definitely do it. Gun rentals and safety equipment rentals. The 'sport' is getting bigger.

satchelmcqueen
04-29-2013, 09:32 PM
proper disposal?

kcchiefs6465
04-29-2013, 09:39 PM
proper disposal?
An incinerator. Who knows though, they probably kept them.

heavenlyboy34
04-29-2013, 09:44 PM
An incinerator. Who knows though, they probably kept them.
I would bet the guns were pawned and the cops pocketed the cash. Free Country, eh? :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
04-29-2013, 09:46 PM
This is just surreal. I cannot even believe this stuff is happening. :(

Carson
04-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Some 18 year-olds were walking around the neighborhood with BB guns. The kids "voluntarily" surrender their property and receive a warning from the police. Is a BB gun really a "weapon" like the story describes?

http://bloomfield-mi.patch.com/articles/police-stop-men-walking-with-bb-guns-in-wabeek

Don't you have to voluntarily surrender a weapon for inspection. How does that give permission for theft?