PDA

View Full Version : Police Use Tear Gas to Break up Noisy Street Party

tangent4ronpaul
04-29-2013, 03:01 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-tear-gas-break-noisy-street-party-19059977

Fort Collins police say they used tear gas to disperse a large and noisy street party near the Colorado State University campus as some revelers threw bottles at officers.

Police spokeswoman Rita Davis says officers were called to the Summerhill neighborhood late Saturday night amid complaints of a gathering that drew about 300 partygoers.

She says in a news release that officers urged people to leave, but the crowd became unruly and began throwing bottles at police as well as climbing on cars, street light poles and trees.

Some media reports described the melee as riot-like.

Davis says that eventually, police used tear gas and pepper spray to disperse the crowd.

Three partygoers were treated at a hospital for minor injuries, but Davis says no officers were hurt.

The media reports say the event drew mainly a college-age crowd after it was advertised during the week via social media.

-t

tod evans
04-29-2013, 03:04 AM
Did ya' read the comments?

tangent4ronpaul
04-29-2013, 03:56 AM
Yes... some pretty good ones.

Just heard on the news that police are reviewing video so they can "bust the instigators of the riot"

:rolleyes:

-t

devil21
04-29-2013, 04:25 AM
Well thank god no officers were hurt. The way that injury sentence is written implies that the cop's safety is more important than the citizens.

tod evans
04-29-2013, 04:47 AM
Well thank god no officers were hurt. The way that injury sentence is written implies that the cop's safety is more important than the citizens.

This is part of the authoritarian worship promoted by governments propaganda arm.....It's been going on for years in print, I'm not able to comment on TV..

pcosmar
04-29-2013, 06:40 AM
Change the title.
"US uses chemical weapons against rebels"

:(

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-29-2013, 06:41 AM
Change the title.

Pretty much. If any of us used teargas for any reason, even on ourselves, we'd be terrorists.

tod evans
04-29-2013, 06:44 AM
Change the title.

Are you bucking for a MSM anchor position Pete? ;)

pcosmar
04-29-2013, 06:50 AM
Are you bucking for a MSM anchor position Pete? ;)
I somehow don't think they will have me.

tod evans
04-29-2013, 07:24 AM
I somehow don't think they will have me.

Probably not but that twist was worthy of a seat at their table..

pcosmar
04-29-2013, 07:27 AM
Probably not but that twist was worthy of a seat at their table..

Ah,,,

years of observation.
;)