PDA

View Full Version : WOW! bLIMP PLEDGES ARE ALREADY ABOUT $100,000!

max
11-25-2007, 12:35 PM
We can do this! We must do this!

The cost of this blimp will increase visibility for the Tea Party and return $ to the campaign 2-3 fold

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

AlexMerced
11-25-2007, 12:38 PM
has the money been actually given yet, how is this gonna work as far as money collection?

llamabread
11-25-2007, 01:00 PM
has the money been actually given yet, how is this gonna work as far as money collection?

The original idea was to have a PAC set up (hence the $5000 limit), but Elijah has said that after contacting legal people that a PAC would be a very big hassle. But there have also been posts hinting at some stuff going on behind the scenes, so right now the pledges really are just a way of measuring if people will support the idea or not, and if we do ask those who pledged to donate, then will we be able to pay for the blimp.

cmc
11-25-2007, 01:05 PM
There obviously needs to be serious accountability here. $350k is a pretty big pile of cash and I'd hate to see it mismanaged.

JimDude
11-25-2007, 01:06 PM
I heard that buying a banner was like 1000 bucks, and for the money being spent on this blimp, you could fly over a dozen stadiums or something.

Drknows
11-25-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm still curious how they put the graphics on the side of it.

Elijah
11-25-2007, 01:40 PM
There obviously needs to be serious accountability here. $350k is a pretty big pile of cash and I'd hate to see it mismanaged.

Me to.

We are posting a help wanted ad shortly (today) here in the forums and other places:

It will include a Treasurer position.

Elijah
11-25-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm still curious how they put the graphics on the side of it.

We were going to do banners but will now be doing decals. Much better looking and more flexible.

Elijah
11-25-2007, 01:44 PM
I heard that buying a banner was like 1000 bucks, and for the money being spent on this blimp, you could fly over a dozen stadiums or something.

We have a much better plan in place now thanks to suggestions by all of the members.

The strategy will provide a major impact on local media. This includes blimp rides for GOP chairman, Make a wish foundation kids and of course the local media.

This is on top of the football stadiums, racecar events etc.

ItsTime
11-25-2007, 01:46 PM
if it were summer time Id donate. But who is going to see a blimp in New Hampshire or Iowa this time of year?

speciallyblend
11-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Great Work ,as we get closer to the pledge total count me in for an additional $50

Naraku
11-25-2007, 02:00 PM
I also like the idea of flying over New York City on New Year's Eve, that's sure to get a lot of coverage.

Elijah
11-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I also like the idea of flying over New York City on New Year's Eve, that's sure to get a lot of coverage.

We plan to fly over Times Square on new years eve!!! This would be huge!

The legal aspect is being looked into.

LFOD
11-25-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm impressed - this thing is building momentum. 11 $5000 pledges so far. Who said the sky is the limit? :D

azminuteman
11-25-2007, 02:15 PM
I hope that these blimp pledges/donations are because the donors have already maxed out their $2300 for the campaign.

Naraku
11-25-2007, 02:16 PM
It could also be some deep-pocketed people who haven't maxed out, but would have no problem donating to both.

Sey.Naci
11-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Does the blimp light up so it can be seen at night?

Drknows
11-25-2007, 02:18 PM

That would be bad ass. But could they see it at night? Do they have lights on the inside or outside?

stefans
11-25-2007, 02:28 PM
elijah was talking about trucks with light beams in another thread.
looking forward to getting all the info on your plans, elijah

BeFranklin
11-25-2007, 03:01 PM

If you can't do it, its still great. A few positive events, and that would still be an excellent way to spotlight the war on being American, I mean on terror. Then we'd still celebrate someplace else and be protesting. New Year's Resolution, let freedom fly!

FireofLiberty
11-25-2007, 03:05 PM
They might not let you fly over NYC on New Years for security reasons.

Naraku
11-25-2007, 03:20 PM
I realized something. CNN has an I-report where you can send in videos. It would be awesome to send in an I-report for several blimp visits for their political ticker.

Elijah
11-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Does the blimp light up so it can be seen at night?

It does not light up from the inside like some other blimps.

We are looking into mounting search lights onto mobile trucks.

Elijah
11-25-2007, 03:26 PM

We are looking into this.

FireofLiberty
11-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Know what should be done that hasn't been? Someone good with making videos and editing and all should send a video in to Current TV and then we could easily vote it on with our numbers. Maybe a video about the blimp?

llamabread
11-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Know what should be done that hasn't been? Someone good with making videos and editing and all should send a video in to Current TV and then we could easily vote it on with our numbers. Maybe a video about the blimp?

I'm working on a video, but so far all it has been is a glorified slideshow with music. There isn't much to work with outside of the pictures.

Ideas?

max
11-25-2007, 04:51 PM

put together a campaign for that and i'll chip in.

but dont piss on the blimp parade....

OPTIMISM!

wisconsinite
11-25-2007, 04:54 PM

You should offer rides to some NYPD and Fire Department people.

Elijah
11-25-2007, 04:56 PM
You should offer rides to some NYPD and Fire Department people.

Brilliant!! Definitely some 9/11 folks for sure!! Brilliant!!

What are there organizations they have started? There has to be quite a few.

Libertad2008
11-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Great idea about the NYPD and Fire Dept. folks!!! That would get major "anti-terrorism" brownie points, and steal a lot of Giuliani's thunder. It's about the only way you could get around the restrictions, of course, Giuliani still has very strong pull up there...

Elijah
11-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Great idea about the NYPD and Fire Dept. folks!!! That would get major "anti-terrorism" brownie points, and steal a lot of Giuliani's thunder. It's about the only way you could get around the restrictions, of course, Giuliani still has very strong pull up there...

That will be fun flying right into Giuliani's city!

austin356
11-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Brilliant!! Definitely some 9/11 folks for sure!! Brilliant!!

What are there organizations they have started? There has to be quite a few.

Yes. Please try to work that in.

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 06:12 PM
There are unlimited funds out there, I think your looking at this as limited, the more people sign up the more money there will be. I think only 2% have maxed out. There is no problem with doing both. In fact someone suggest having planes flying around the blimp.

DealzOnWheelz
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM
You should find out if they can mount lights right below the words and point up at the side of the blimp to illuminate the sign.

You should try to convince the owner to give us a better deal since he is a supporter. Just sell him on the idea that if this goes well and Ron Paul becomes President he could end up saving alot of $$$$ in taxes

T206
11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
There are unlimited funds out there...

Im really dying to know about these "unlimited funds" can you explain further? Thanks.

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Im really dying to know about these "unlimited funds" can you explain further? Thanks. If Ron is to be elected in Nov 2008 he will need more than 60,000,000 votes and by the end of this year better have several million. If only 1 million give only $100 that is $100 million, but we know many do give more. Most all of us aren't maxed out and can only give so much a month so we keep giving all along. If we make it to May there should well over 10,000,000 that are for Ron and if they only give $10 that is $100 million. As support base grows so do unlimited funds.

You should try to convince the owner to give us a better deal since he is a supporter. Just sell him on the idea that if this goes well and Ron Paul becomes President he could end up saving alot of $$$$ in taxes
It was said in another thread that the owner has graciously up the hours from 100/m to 160/m:)